i 'd say he was still drunk and really hungover for some scenes
Printable View
Michael Le Vell has been found not guilty of all charges against him.
The Coronation Street actor had been accused of five counts of rape, three of indecent assault, two counts of sexual activity with a child, and two of causing a child to engage in sexual activity.
Speaking outside the court as he walked free, Le Vell said: "We're all delighted obviously. It's a big weight off everyone's shoulders and I'd just like to thank my fantastic legal team...my family for their support, security, and I'd like to thank ITV for their continued support throughout this traumatic time for all of us."
His trial had started in Manchester on September 2.
Le Vell, real name Michael Turner, had denied all charges, which came from one complainant and were claimed to have taken place between 2001 and 2010.
When asked earlier by his barrister Alisdair Williamson if he was guilty of any of the crimes he was accused of, Le Vell told the jury: "No, I promise you, never in a million years would I do anything like that, never."
He added that he was "devastated" by the allegations and that he did not understand why he had been accused of these things.
The 48-year-old has not appeared in his Coronation Street role as Kevin Webster while legal proceedings were ongoing.
Le Vell was previously arrested and questioned over the alleged child offences in September 2011, but the matter was later dropped.
The character of Kevin has been appearing on Coronation Street since 1983.
Speaking after the verdict was announced, a spokeswoman for Coronation Street said: "We are looking forward to meeting with Michael to discuss his return to the programme."
Can't help but think that the damage has already been done. His life won't be the same again
I think people will still take their cars to his garage.
Coronation Street actor Michael Le Vell will be quietly eased back into the soap following his recent acquittal, it has been reported.
Earlier this week, Le Vell was cleared of all 12 charges of sexual abuse against him, which he had always strenuously denied.
However, show bosses are keen not to sensationalise his reappearance, meaning Kevin Webster will be re-introduced gradually in mentions by other characters, according to The Mirror.
He has reportedly been in meetings with producers about his character's comeback and could even be involved in a major Christmas storyline.
After the verdict was announced, a spokeswoman for Coronation Street said: "We are looking forward to meeting with Michael to discuss his return to the programme."
Le Vell has not appeared in any episodes of the soap since February while legal proceedings were taking place.
Coronation Street actor Michael Le Vell will be quietly eased back into the soap following his recent acquittal, it has been reported.
Earlier this week, Le Vell was cleared of all 12 charges of sexual abuse against him, which he had always strenuously denied.
However, show bosses are keen not to sensationalise his reappearance, meaning Kevin Webster will be re-introduced gradually in mentions by other characters, according to The Mirror.
He has reportedly been in meetings with producers about his character's comeback and could even be involved in a major Christmas storyline.
After the verdict was announced, a spokeswoman for Coronation Street said: "We are looking forward to meeting with Michael to discuss his return to the programme."
Le Vell has not appeared in any episodes of the soap since February while legal proceedings were taking place.
Coronation Street bosses have denied rumours of a Christmas return for Kevin Webster.
Kevin has been off screen since February as soap bosses wrote out the character when Michael Le Vell, who plays him, was charged with child sex offences.
A jury at Manchester Crown Court found Le Vell not guilty on all charges earlier this month, and there has since been tabloid speculation that he is being lined up for a December comeback as Kevin.
However, a Coronation Street spokesperson today (September 23) told PA that there is no truth in the stories as the earliest Kevin can return is 2014. It is thought that this year's festive episodes have already been planned, leaving no room for additional storylines.
Le Vell and ITV have both indicated that they will be working together to confirm details and timings for Kevin's comeback.
In the meantime, the 48-year-old has been tipped for an ITV interview with Piers Morgan. He has also been rumoured for the next series of I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!.
Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell has spoken out after receiving death threats.
The actor, who is known for his role as Weatherfield's Kevin Webster, has had his car windscreen smashed outside his home, and has also been sent a series of hate messages in recent weeks via Facebook and Twitter.
Speaking to The Sun about the "pathetic" vandalism, Le Vell said: "I can't believe it's a random incident - people have threatened my safety. I'm not going to hide away.
"I have a right to live my life. I won't be intimidated or threatened by faceless individuals."
The campaign of abuse is thought to have started soon after Le Vell was cleared of child sex charges last month.
He is expected to make a return to Coronation Street but bosses are yet to confirm the details of his comeback.