PDA

View Full Version : So You Think You Can Dance

Perdita
14-09-2009, 17:43
Nigel Lythgoe's talent show So You Think You Can Dance has been brought to the UK and will air on the BBC in 2010.

The former Popstars judge will be joined by Strictly Come Dancing's Arlene Phillips on the panel of industry experts who will be trying to find Britain's Favourite Dancer.

So You Think You Can Dance, which has had five series on Fox in the US, is produced by Simon Fuller's 19 Entertainment.

"I began my career as a dancer on the BBC in the '60s. Now, I'm back as a judge of dancers - I believe I've made a full circle back to television's home of dance here at the BBC," said Lythgoe.

"I couldn't have imagined that dance would become a global phenomenon that would ultimately be responsible for this, my very special homecoming. It's good to be home."

The winner will take home a cash prize and a to-be-confirmed, once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Auditions for the show will take place across the UK during October. Professional and amateur dancers can compete and will be taught different dance styles such as hip-hop, jazz, lyrical and contemporary each week. The judges and viewers will have the power to vote for their favourite dancer in each episode.

Controller of BBC One Jay Hunt added: "I am thrilled that the channel that brings audiences Strictly Come Dancing will now also host the ultimate nationwide competition to find the UK's favourite dancer. It's an exciting addition to the Saturday night lineup."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a177303/so-you-think-you-can-dance-comes-to-uk.html

DaVeyWaVey
15-09-2009, 18:19
Could this be as big as Strictly Come Dancing?

It does sound really good - will it have a similar format to X Factor I wonder, where there are auditions, boot camp stages, then live shows week by week? Interesting times ahead.

Bryan
15-09-2009, 18:25
talent show overdose?

the only appeal to strictly come dancing (to me) is to see the celebrities dancing and to follow on their journeys. to follow strangers dancing would be a boring concept in my opinion.

DaVeyWaVey
15-09-2009, 18:27
Wouldn't it be more like street dancing on this show though? or the dances we see on BGT..

Siobhan
16-09-2009, 10:18
Wouldn't it be more like street dancing on this show though? or the dances we see on BGT..

It was on living before with Cat Deely.. it is all kinds of dancing... street, samba, salsa.. they are given an theme and have to do a twist on it.. and I am not sure but I think they swap partners every week too to make it more interesting... I have seen bits and piece of this

Perdita
16-09-2009, 10:22
What did you think of it?

Siobhan
16-09-2009, 10:27
What did you think of it?

I like dancing so I found this good.. it wasn't just ballroom like on SCD.. there was a wide variety and lots of backstage stuff with the couples.. Some of the dances were amazing...

They have auditions and live shows too.. It is like X factor for Dance

moonstorm
16-09-2009, 15:13
Himmmm, sounds good and definately worth a watch.

Chloe O'brien
20-09-2009, 01:43
I have been thinking of Abbie and Kirsty when I have seen this advert. would you girls like to audition for this show.

LostVoodoo
20-09-2009, 17:38
this sounds like a show that the BBC has tried twice before. Strictly Dance Fever anyone? Dance X?

Perdita
07-10-2009, 10:22
Cat Deeley has been unveiled as the host of the UK version of So You Think You Can Dance.

The 32-year-old presenter, who also fronts the reality dance contest in the US, will join Nigel Lythgoe to host the British version in January 2010, the BBC has announced.

"So You Think You Can Dance has been a phenomenon in the US and I have been incredibly proud to be a part of it," said Deeley. "I cannot wait to bring this show to the UK as I know the audiences will be as wild about it as they are in the States.

"Part of the appeal has always been discovering new talent and giving gifted dancers a platform to show off their extraordinary skills - being on that journey with them makes this the best job in the world. The fact that I'm now coming home to present So You Think You Can Dance in the UK is about as good as it gets."

Lythgoe added: "When we made the decision to bring Cat on to the US version of So You Think You Can Dance, I knew she would win over our audiences because she is so beautiful and yet identifiable.

"She continues to charm the fans because her affection and concern for our dancers is so genuine and sincere; she possesses a rare quality of charm and vulnerability that is sexy and smart. I have no doubt UK audiences will feel the same."

Plans for a UK version of the talent show, which also features former Strictly Come Dancing judge Arlene Phillips, were announced last month.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/realitytv/a180850/deeley-to-host-uk-think-you-can-dance.html

Hannelene
07-10-2009, 10:24
this sounds like a show that the BBC has tried twice before. Strictly Dance Fever anyone? Dance X?
It does and both failed :(

Abbie
07-10-2009, 16:42
I have been thinking of Abbie and Kirsty when I have seen this advert. would you girls like to audition for this show.

lol no, im rubbish compared to them

Seriously guys, I know you might think its boring but Ive watched the american series so many times and the people on it can really dance, they are like amazing, they really do blow you away, Im excited for this to come here :D

Abbie
07-10-2009, 16:42
It does and both failed :(

Dance X was pants but I loved dance fever I voted for the winners, they were amazing

tammyy2j
08-10-2009, 11:41
I occasionally watch the US show

Hannelene
10-10-2009, 13:45
me too I like to see people that can dance worse then I can

Perdita
30-10-2009, 05:40
WAG Louise Redknapp knows a thing about spotting someone with fancy footwork - well she is married to ex-soccer ace Jamie.
That may be why the former Eternal singer has been signed up as guest judge on the BBC's new talent show, So You Think You Can Dance.

She will sit alongside axed Strictly expert Arlene Phillips and Popstars judge and original "Mr Nasty" Nigel Lythgoe. He has made his name in the States judging hopefuls on the US version of the show.

Louise, who pulled off hot dance moves in the video for No 1 hit Naked, will sit in on the Manchester leg of the auditions.

She'll ramp up the glamour quota even further after Cat Deeley was lured back home from her LA base to host the series, due to air in January.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2705661/Louise-Redknapp-signed-for-BBCs-So-You-Think-You-Can-Dance.html#ixzz0VOXa4BSa

Perdita
10-12-2009, 17:28
Saturday 9 January
7.00-9.00pm BBC ONE

Cat Deeley and Nigel Lythgoe continue the search for Britain's favourite dancer

So You Think You Can Dance goes live, as Cat Deeley and judges Nigel Lythgoe and Arlene Phillips continue the search to find Britain's favourite dancer.

Having whittled down the finalists from thousands of initial entrants, the dancers are now paired up to perform in couples. Training with world-class choreographers and working across an array of genres, the finalists take to the floor hoping to impress the judges and win valuable viewers' votes.

Which couples will make a good first impression and which will be forced to dance for their lives and their place in the competition? Tonight, one boy and one girl will take their final bow and dance their way out of the contest and out of the running for the chance to realise their dreams in Hollywood and take home the £100,000 prize.

Perdita
01-01-2010, 19:26
Louise Rednapp has been announced as a third judge for So You Think You Can Dance.

The former Eternal singer will join Nigel Lythgoe and Arlene Phillips on the panel for the dance contest, which launches tomorrow night on BBC One.

"I'm so excited about this opportunity," said Redknapp. "I went through similar dance training as a lot of the kids competing, so I know where they're coming from. The opportunity this show offers them is phenomenal, and I can't wait to be part of the live shows."

Lythgoe, who is also executive producer on the series, added: "Louise joined us as a guest judge during the Manchester leg of the auditions and we loved her - she brought something different to the panel and she had a great affinity with the kids up there dancing for their lives. When it came to thinking about the live shows, we kept coming back to Louise. She is perfect for the job."

Redknapp was recently unveiled as the new host of Sunday morning show Something For The Weekend.

lizann
01-01-2010, 20:01
With this and the dance show on Sky there will be too many

Abbie
02-01-2010, 20:41
Did anyone else watch it?!

I love this show, finally a dance show with normal ordinary people with the amazing talent and can truely call themself a dancer
I loved it and they were amazing!!

It was very tough though! I cant believe that guy didnt get through, he was my favourite guy!

Siobhan
04-01-2010, 11:40
I watched this last night.. it was really really good... will tune in next week (if it doesn't clash with dancing on ice)

Perdita
04-01-2010, 13:39
Saturday night saw the return of two reality TV legends to our screens, with Popstars judge 'Nasty' Nigel Lythgoe and Strictly's Arlene Phillips launching the UK version of hit American dance show So You Think You Can Dance. We caught up with the duo ahead of the first live episode next weekend to find out what we can expect from the new BBC One series.

Hello Nigel and Arlene!
Arlene: "Are you the Digital Spy? How do you guys know everything and so quickly? You are always so ahead of time and on stories before anyone else!"

I can't reveal our secrets!
Arlene: "I want to know why there are things on Digital Spy - about me - that I don't even know about yet. They know everything about you before you have even woken up. You only find out about it for yourself after! Anyway, sorry, ask your questions."

SYTYCD has been running for six seasons in the US, so why did you decide to bring the show to the UK now, Nigel?
Nigel: "Well, I've been asked this question a lot, but it is nothing to do with me or the show. It was down to the BBC, they wanted to do the show. I've wanted to bring it over here for a number of years because we were successful all over the world with the format. We took it to ITV and they said that they had enough shows and the BBC has stolen the idea of dancing. Dancing has been experimented with on the BBC before with Strictly Dance Fever, DanceX, and now they have a slot available and obviously decided, 'It has been a hit elsewhere, why not try it over here?'"

Why did you pick Arlene for the judging panel?
Nigel: "Because I wanted someone with the same experience that I've got. I believe in the judiciary being older and wiser than the people dancing. When I was doing the Young Generation, Arlene was doing Hot Gossip, we grew up from the same school. Arlene branched off into choreography and was hugely successful. I went off into production. Now, weirdly, we have come back around and our paths have crossed again. I was grateful that Arlene was free."

You were nicknamed 'Nasty Nigel' on Popstars, but Arlene was known for being quite cutting on Strictly. Who will be the meaner judge?
Nigel: "I have never believed that either of us has been nasty, actually."
Arlene: "I think we are always direct and very honest."
Nigel: "We are both going to say it as we feel. This is not an amateur world. We are asking the contestants to go into a professional world. That means that you take criticism and if you can't take good, honest criticism about your work, then don't come on this show. In fact, don't even attempt to become a dancer. Because let me tell you, choreographers are far tougher than we are."

Strictly has quite a panto feel to the judging panel. Will it be the same on SYTYCD?
Nigel: "Well, I was going to be the Dame."
Arlene: "I am going to be the Genie."
Nigel: "I thought you were going to play Dick? You know what? We don't put people on this show to knock them down. We want to build them up. We are not like other reality shows in that respect. If you can't sing, then there is no point in you coming back a year later for more auditions. However, if you have a year working as a dancer, you may be good enough for us to pay attention to you. We have people come back year on year on year in America. They have grown and in one case, we had a kid who previously failed making it to second place. He just kept going away and working on all our constructive criticism. We are not about knocking anybody down here. We want people to come back better."
Arlene: "The panto element you talk about is very much people declaring their own interests. Everyone on this show and Strictly has passion. When you are on that judging desk it is a case of, 'He who shouts the loudest'. Well that is certainly how it feels."

How has the show been different to working on Strictly, Arlene?
Arlene: "Well the thing about Strictly is that it is actually very narrow. They only have the Latin and ballroom and there are not very many dances within those worlds. Plus, within those dances there are not a lot of steps. Here, we are looking at dance across the board - it is so wide. We have Latin and ballroom, but we also have contemporary, hip-hop - you can basically add to Strictly eight times over. With all these steps, the demands on what these contestants have to do is enormous."

How do your contestants compare to other reality dance acts like Diversity and George Sampson?
Arlene: "You know what is very interesting? Diversity and George Sampson are absolutely brilliant at what they do. But again, it is in a very narrow world of hip-hop - that is all they can do. Here, multiply what they do eight times over and that is what we ask of them on So You Think You Can Dance. It is really hard and we have some outstanding people in our top 14."

So You Think You Can Dance continues on Saturday on BBC One.

DS

Abbie
04-01-2010, 15:30
I watched this last night.. it was really really good... will tune in next week (if it doesn't clash with dancing on ice)

It wont, this is on, on saturdays :)

Siobhan
04-01-2010, 15:30
oops.. I was thinking of the one on sky!! that was really good...

Abbie
04-01-2010, 15:31
oops.. I was thinking of the one on sky!! that was really good...

Oh yeah! I watched that one as well :D

Perdita
10-01-2010, 07:33
Anabel Kutay and Chris Piper are the first contestants to be voted off So You Think You Can Dance.

The duo found themselves in the dance-off along with Drew McOnie and Hayley Newton and had to convince the judges to save them with a solo performance.

Newton was first to dance, followed by her partner Piper. Kutay was next up, while McOnie was the last to perform.

After the contestants had danced for the panel, judges Nigel Lythgoe, Arlene Phillips, Louise Redknapp and Sisco Gomez had to send home one male and one female.

Kutay was the first to hear the bad news. Lythgoe revealed that the decision had been "unanimous" and told her: "You're so beautiful. You remind us of Penelope Cruz! We'e always had so many high expectations for you and tonight was very difficult."

Kutay said she'd "loved every second" and added: "I'm so proud to be recognised as one of my country's greatest dancers."

Next up were the male dancers. Lythgoe revealed that the decision had been unanimous but had changed after the men's solo performances.

Revealing that Piper would be the one to leave the competition, Lythgoe said: "You need to settle down more. You sit on the beat sometimes, it feels uncomfortable for us and you're slightly off-rhythm."

So You Think You Can Dance continues next Saturday at 6.30pm on BBC One.

DS

Perdita
10-01-2010, 16:51
So You Think You Can Dance producers were reportedly left embarrassed by the low turnout at the show's auditions.

According to The People, bosses began to worry about a lack of interest when only 50 people turned up to one of the tryouts.

A source explained: "They felt the show would have the same impact as The X Factor or Britain's Got Talent, which get thousands of wannabes at each audition. But at their first round of auditions only around 50 dancers arrived and they were totally gobsmacked.

"Nigel Lythgoe had flown over from America to judge on the panel and Arlene Phillips was all set to go. It was embarrassing."

However, a BBC spokesperson denied claims that the company phoned Sky to see if they were having the same problems with their Got To Dance auditions.

The representative said: "On one occasion turnout was less than we hoped but the national auditions were massively successful, with hundreds at most venues. No call was made to Sky."

So You Think You Can Dance continues on Saturday at 6.30pm on BBC One.

DS

Must admit, I have not watched it

Perdita
11-01-2010, 14:27
Alexandra Burke has been confirmed as the special guest on this Saturday's So You Think You Can Dance.

The 2008 X Factor champion will perform her new single 'Broken Heels', which is released on January 18, on the BBC One dance reality series.

SYTYCD airs at 6.30pm on Saturday, followed by the results show at 8.20pm.

On last weekend's show, dancers Chris Piper and Anabel Kutay became the first performers to be voted out of the competition by the public and judges

DS

Abbie
12-01-2010, 15:30
So You Think You Can Dance producers were reportedly left embarrassed by the low turnout at the show's auditions.

According to The People, bosses began to worry about a lack of interest when only 50 people turned up to one of the tryouts.

A source explained: "They felt the show would have the same impact as The X Factor or Britain's Got Talent, which get thousands of wannabes at each audition. But at their first round of auditions only around 50 dancers arrived and they were totally gobsmacked.

"Nigel Lythgoe had flown over from America to judge on the panel and Arlene Phillips was all set to go. It was embarrassing."

However, a BBC spokesperson denied claims that the company phoned Sky to see if they were having the same problems with their Got To Dance auditions.

The representative said: "On one occasion turnout was less than we hoped but the national auditions were massively successful, with hundreds at most venues. No call was made to Sky."

So You Think You Can Dance continues on Saturday at 6.30pm on BBC One.

DS

Must admit, I have not watched it
I wondered why there wasnt many auditions although I thought they were just being sensible and just not showing loads

Abbie
12-01-2010, 15:30
I thought the show was great :D finally some real dancing

Perdita
12-01-2010, 18:29
Cat Deeley has offered to pay for So You Think You Can Dance star Gavin Tsang's parents to come to the BBC dance series's live shows.

Tsang's parents were unable to make the first live show on Saturday because they were working at their Chinese restaurant.

Deeley told DS: "I spoke to Gavin before the show about his parents and that's why I brought up it up after he danced. I wanted him to promise that they will come along next week. I'll do anything to make sure that they can be here."

The former SMTV host joked: "I'll pay out for all the lost money that his parents lose at their restaurant for the night if needs be... This is the moment where I discover that their takeaway is the most successful in the country!"

So You Think You Can Dance continues this Saturday at 6.30pm on BBC One.

DS

Perdita
15-01-2010, 10:47
Robbie Williams has agreed to perform live on BBC One's So You Think You Can Dance, according to a report.

The singer is hoping to have a trouble-free experience on the reality contest following criticism of his two appearances on The X Factor last year, The Sun claims.

A source told the newspaper: "Robbie just wants it to go smoothly. It would be nice if his new fiancée Ayda Field could see him pull it off without a hitch."

Williams admitted last October that he was disappointed with his performance of 'Bodies' on The X Factor. He later returned to the programme to sing with Olly Murs in the final, but missed his cue as they belted out 'Angels' together.

Alexandra Burke was recently confirmed as a guest performer for Saturday's Dance, while JLS and Mika have also reportedly signed up to appear.

DS

Abbie
15-01-2010, 17:15
Cat Deeley has offered to pay for So You Think You Can Dance star Gavin Tsang's parents to come to the BBC dance series's live shows.

Tsang's parents were unable to make the first live show on Saturday because they were working at their Chinese restaurant.

Deeley told DS: "I spoke to Gavin before the show about his parents and that's why I brought up it up after he danced. I wanted him to promise that they will come along next week. I'll do anything to make sure that they can be here."

The former SMTV host joked: "I'll pay out for all the lost money that his parents lose at their restaurant for the night if needs be... This is the moment where I discover that their takeaway is the most successful in the country!"

So You Think You Can Dance continues this Saturday at 6.30pm on BBC One.

DS

Awww thats so sweet of her!

Abbie
16-01-2010, 20:29
Im actually in love with this show, the couples werent as good this week, my fav was the contempary performance I mean wow :D :cheer: it was amazing

Perdita
17-01-2010, 07:12
Chloe Campbell and Gavin Tsang have become the third and fourth contestants to be voted off So You Think You Can Dance.

The duo found themselves in the dance-off along with Mandy Montanez and Alastair Postlethwaite and had to convince the judges to save them with a solo performance.

Campbell was first to dance, followed by her partner Tsang. Montanez was next up, while Postlethwaite was the last to perform.

After the contestants had danced for the panel, judges Nigel Lythgoe, Arlene Phillips, Louise Redknapp and Sisco Gomez had to send home one male and one female.

Beginning with the women, Lythgoe said that the judges felt the nerves had "kicked in" for everyone. He added that Phillips hadn't agreed with the decision, before announcing that the panel had decided to keep Montanez.

"Chloe, you're without question Miss Personality," he said. "If your dancing was as strong as your personality you would very possibly win this competition."

Meanwhile, Phillips said that Campbell had "won her heart" with her personality and storytelling.

Moving on to the men, Lythgoe explained that the decision had been unanimous before revealing that Tsang would be the one to leave.

"Tonight just didn't go well for you," he said. "We all have nights like that. You have absolutely worked your socks off - you've only been dancing for four years. We're very proud of you.

"You don't have a complete arsenal - your vocabulary of dance isn't full enough. Arlene already said you escaped the bottom two last week. Gavin, you have not escaped this evening."

So You Think You Can Dance continues next Saturday at 7pm on BBC One.

DS

Katy
17-01-2010, 08:05
aww i liked Gavin he was sweet.

Im rooting for Robbie, hes from where my village at home. He did well last night. Im quite enjoying this.

Abbie
17-01-2010, 12:54
I kow I liked both the people that went last night, this competition really is tough

I think its right what they said about the ballroom we are comparing it with strictly

Perdita
24-01-2010, 06:42
Hayley Newton and Mark Calape have become the fifth and sixth contestants to be voted off So You Think You Can Dance.

The duo found themselves in the dance-off along with Mandy Montanez and Tommy Franzén and had to convince the judges to save them with a solo performance.

After all four contestants had danced for the panel, judges Nigel Lythgoe, Arlene Phillips, Louise Redknapp and Sisco Gomez had to send home one male and one female.

Beginning with the women, Lythgoe said that the decisions were getting tougher every week and explained that there was "very little difference" between the pair.

"Hayley, you are absolutely fantastic, your routine in the bedroom [last week] shone and this week we don't fully understand why you're here in the bottom two because you had a very strong show," he said. "But in this show you have to highlight your strengths, not expose your weaknesses and I guess you exposed your weaknesses this week."

Adding that he had known Newton's family for years, he said: "That makes it even more difficult to say that Hayley, I'm sorry - you're leaving the show."

Moving onto the men, Lythgoe said: "Mark, we don't feel that you've grown as much as Tommy. And Mark, we're going to be sending your son his daddy home tonight."

Newton said that the experience had been "amazing", and added: "It's truly been an honour to be up here. I'm so happy. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of it."

Meanwhile, Calape said that he felt "blessed" to have done so well in the competition.

"I hope I've inspired people," he said. "You can come from the streets and make it on the stage."

So You Think You Can Dance continues next Saturday at 6.30pm on BBC One.

DS

Perdita
29-01-2010, 17:22
Leona Lewis has been confirmed to perform on the So You Think You Can Dance semi-final.

The 2006 X Factor winner and multi-platinum selling singer will perform her new single 'I Got You' on the February 6 results show.

Alexandra Burke, JLS and Lemar have already appeared on the BBC One dance show during the earlier rounds. Robbie Williams is confirmed to perform at the grand final, which airs on February 13.

The final eight contestants - Alastair Postlethwaite, Charlie Bruce, Robbie White, Drew McOnie, Lizzie Gough, Mandy Montanez, Tommy Franzén and Yanet Fuentes - are competing for the title of Britain's Favourite Dancer, £100,000 and the chance to perform on the US version of the show.

SYTYCD airs on Saturday at 6.30pm on BBC One.

DS

Chloe O'brien
31-01-2010, 01:04
Drew and Yanet went home tonight. Is there one girl and one guy winner? or just one overall winner? My favourite girl dancer is Millie and I think Robbie may win for the guys but Alistair is tough competiton as well.

Abbie
31-01-2010, 13:55
Drew and Yanet went home tonight. Is there one girl and one guy winner? or just one overall winner? My favourite girl dancer is Millie and I think Robbie may win for the guys but Alistair is tough competiton as well.

Who is Millie? There is no millie :searchme:

Chloe O'brien
01-02-2010, 00:34
Sorry I met Lizzie. Can't think of were I got Millie from.

Perdita
07-02-2010, 07:28
Mandy Montanez and Alastair Postlethwaite have become the ninth and tenth contestants to be voted off So You Think You Can Dance.

The duo found themselves in the dance-off with Lizzie Gough and Robbie White and had to convince the judges to save them with a solo performance.

After all four contestants had danced for the panel, judges Nigel Lythgoe, Arlene Phillips, Louise Redknapp and Sisco Gomez had to send home one male and one female.

Beginning with the women, Lythgoe revealed that the judges had been unanimous but added that both dancers had been "wonderful".

"Mandy, you said all the hard work would be worthwhile if you get through to the finale," he said. "The hard work has been worthwhile no matter what happens. And let me say, I'm ever so sorry you have not made the finale."

Montanez began crying and apologised for being a "blubbing American", adding: "I want to thank everybody who has helped me get this far. And everyone who dances, keep dancing, it's worth it."

Moving on to the men, Lythgoe said that the judges had been unanimous again and described the pair as an "inspiration" to young male dancers.

"We overdramatise things in TV and say people are dancing for their life," he continued. "Well, they're not, they're dancing to stay on this programme. But for the first time I've seen someone dancing for their life and that was Robbie. That looked like he was dancing for his life.

"He overwhelmed you, Alastair, and I'm so sorry but you will not be staying with us and going into the finale."

Gough and White will now join Charlie Bruce and Tommy Franzén in the final of So You Think You Can Dance, which starts next Saturday at 7.45pm on BBC One.

Abbie
08-02-2010, 19:20
I think I want Lizzie to win :D

I was gutted when she was in the bottom 2

Katy
08-02-2010, 21:15
G on the Stockport Spider!!! Robbie for the win.

Ive loved this show its been really good , though the first dance that Lizzie and Robbie did at the weekend was brilliant,

Abbie
10-02-2010, 14:23
I like Robbie.....but at times I find him repetitive

Katy
12-02-2010, 16:33
robbies out of the final :( im gutted for him, to get so far and then get injured.

only three in the final, should be good to find out who wins. I think i want Lizzie to win now.

Chloe O'brien
13-02-2010, 01:40
robbies out of the final :( im gutted for him, to get so far and then get injured.

only three in the final, should be good to find out who wins. I think i want Lizzie to win now.

No way. I really thought Robbie would be the winner. How did he get injured? Lizzie has to win now she is far better than Charlie and Tommy.

Katy
13-02-2010, 10:01
he dislcated his shoulder in training. It was released by the bbc a couple of days ago.

They were going t bring back alastair to cmpete but reckon it would be too hard to learn the dances in a short time so him and another tw boys i think are coming back in a non cmpeting role.

Perdita
13-02-2010, 21:54
Charlie Bruce has won the first UK series of So You Think You Can Dance.

The 19-year-old beat Tommy Franzén and third-placed Lizzie Gough in the public vote to take the title and £100,000 prize.

Bruce has also won the chance to appear on the US version of the programme.

On hearing the news, she burst into tears and sobbed: "I'm absolutely speechless, thank you so much. I did it!"

Judge Nigel Lythgoe joked that he felt "exhausted", saying: "To have seen Tommy and Charlie grow across the series... both deserved to be here, both were fabulous. I think Charlie edged it tonight and I'm going to be so excited to take her to America."

Bruce added: "I'm going to remember absolutely everything. I'll never forget this. I'll never forget this ever."

Abbie
14-02-2010, 16:27
WOW I mean I wanted Lizzie to win but charlie has always been a fav of mine and when I was watching last night I did change my mind I mean she really was fab!

Perdita
15-02-2010, 10:26
So You Think You Can Dance winner Charlie Bruce has revealed that she wants a West End career.

The 19-year-old trained jazz dancer beat hip-hop and street dance performers Tommy Franzén and Lizzie Gough in Saturday's final.

Speaking about her future ambitions, Bruce said: "I hope being on So You Think You Can Dance will help me achieve my goal. I haven't spoken to my agent yet, but I really want an offer from a West End musical.

"I've always wanted to play Roxie in Chicago - that way I can show off my voice as well as dance."

When asked about potentially working as a singer, she added: "I've been doing it since I was ten and it's something I really want to do professionally. I'd love to be like Mariah Carey - she's my idol."

Judge Nigel Lythgoe strongly hinted during Saturday's final that So You Think You Can Dance would be back for a second series on the BBC in 2011.

DS

Abbie
15-02-2010, 14:53
I hope it does do a second series :D

tammyy2j
19-05-2010, 14:25
'Pineapple Dance Studios' favourite Louie Spence is set to hit the big time after being signed up as a judge for a prime time show.

The dancer has landed a role alongside Arlene Phillips, Louise Redknapp and Nigel Lythgoe on the panel of BBC One's 'So You Think You Can Dance', reports The Sun.

It's hoped that by replacing Sisco Gomez on the show, Louie will help to boost ratings for the series.

An insider told the paper: "We think Louie will be great, as he knows the dance world inside out and he's hilarious.

"I've heard all this talk that 'Britain's Got Talent' wants him - but, as far as we're concerned, he's ours. Our audiences will love his camp blend of expertise and humour."

Louie's camp antics on Sky1's reality series have already landed him guest appearances on 'Harry Hill's TV Burp' and Jonathan Ross's Friday night chat show.

He is also developing his own chat show format and hopes that it will be snapped up by a broadcaster.

Perdita
06-06-2011, 13:49
'So You Think You Can Dance' is set to be axed by the BBC.

The BBC One dance contest - fronted by Cat Deeley - is reportedly to face the chop after ratings fell below three million this Saturday (04.06.11) when the show clashed with the England versus Switzerland football match on ITV1.

While the series - judged by former 'Strictly Come Dancing' panellist Arlene Phillips, Louise Redknapp, Sisco Gomez and Nigel Lythgoe - got off to a promising start, viewing figures have gradually dwindled.

However, show bosses are blaming the drop on a change in scheduling from January, when there is less competition for ratings, to the more competitive spring, coupled with the fact that viewers could be becoming bored with the multitude of dance programmes on TV present.

'So You Think You Can Dance' - which is a huge hit in the US, where it is also hosted by Cat Deeley - will draw to a close on Saturday night, with Jennifer Lopez performing on the show.

An insider told The Sun newspaper: "Bosses tried to make it work over here. But they have now conceded that it is not going to and that it is time to focus on other things.

"It was a good format with good judges, but viewers here in Britain just did not connect with it like the people did in America."

BBC chiefs are now reportedly deciding whether or not to commission a UK series of talent show 'The Voice' after its huge success in the US.

(C) BANG Media International