PDA

View Full Version : Laura White

DaVeyWaVey
14-08-2009, 17:58
Laura White from last year's X Factor has released 4 samples of 4 possible debut singles on her official website. I don't think there is long left to vote, but the 4 sample tracks entitled "Love Hurts" "Got It Bad" "Touch You" and "You Should Have Known" are all on this YouTube video:

YouTube - LAURA WHITE 4 PREVIEWS OF HER NEW ALBUM

She will be on GMTV next Wednesday performing her debut single that got the most votes. I have to say my favourite is the last sample "You Should Have Known".

I wasn't too keen on her on The X Factor but I love all four of these sample tracks, probably because she's dropped the jazzy sound which I wasn't much of a fan of.

Bryan
14-08-2009, 19:08
I have to say I like them all, but if i had to choose I'd probably go for Got It Bad.

Can't wait to hear her stuff, I was a fan of hers on the X Factor.

Hannelene
14-08-2009, 19:46
I think they spoiled her look when she was on the show and tried to change her into something she either wasnt ready for or couldn't cope with.

I love these samples :)

Tannie
19-08-2009, 17:35
I like her :D. I can't just choose one song through as i like all of them :D

Hannelene
20-08-2009, 20:43
I think she will be more popular then Ruth

Bryan
20-08-2009, 20:50
Laura performing "You Should Have Known" on GMTV yesterday, at the time it was leading in the polls. I really like it :D.

YouTube - LAURA WHITE PERFOMING ON GMTV - YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN

sindydoll
20-08-2009, 23:50
i dont think she that good if you go on her website you can vote for her first single http://www.laurawhiteofficial.com/

GossipGirl
22-08-2009, 10:41
I agree Sindy I didn't feel she was that good when she was on the show a little too hyped up like Diane

DaVeyWaVey
15-09-2009, 19:25
X Factor 2008 star Laura White has announced details of her debut solo single.

The singer will release the track 'You Should Have Known' in early November. The single was voted for by White's fans, who were given the choice of four possible songs on her official website.

"The single has now been chosen by you!" she said. "'You Should Have Known' will be released early November so lets make it number one! Come and see me perform the new single live at my official promo tour!"

'You Should Have Known' is believed to be a radical departure from White's song choices on The X Factor and features the lyrics: "The love was wrong, but the sex was nice! You were always telling me that I was just no good, now you're out there missing me, like I knew you would."

The reality TV star's upcoming live shows include dates in Birmingham, Nottingham, Chesterfield and Warrington.

White was voted out on the fifth live show in last year's competition, despite at one point being the bookmakers' favourite to win the series.

From DS.

Great news! I voted for this song! :D

Abbie
18-09-2009, 23:15
I didnt vote but I got an email about voting

I think she will be great, she has a great voice and left the show too early :(

lizann
12-10-2009, 21:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Yyq13UYXA

Hannelene
17-10-2009, 09:12
I had forgotten all about her.

DaVeyWaVey
17-10-2009, 12:35
Does anyone know when this will be released? I love it!

Jen011282
28-10-2009, 11:18
Hi guys!!

Laura's single 'You Should Have Known' is available for pre order now at http://www.laurawhiteofficial.com/

Lets try get her to number one!!! She deserves it!!
Also, visit www.myspace.com/laurawhitemyspace to find out dates when Laura will be in a town near YOU!!!!

Perdita
28-10-2009, 11:19
Laura White's early exit from last year's X Factor caused such a kerfuffle that everyone from Lily Allen to MPs in the House of Commons waded in on the debate. The Bolton singer, who'd been an early favourite to win the ITV1 series, even bagged herself a DS Reality Award because of her shock departure. Twelve months on, Laura's one of the few contestants from the show still attempting to craft a pop career. As she prepares to release her debut single, we gave her a call for a catch-up.

It's been a year since X Factor. Are you pleased finally to be releasing this album?
"Totally. I've been working a real long time getting these songs together and I've been very, very lucky to do the single and album with some really great writers. Ian Green, who I worked with, was involved in Madonna's new 'Celebration' track. I love my new single and I just hope everyone else does. I've put a lot of hard work into it."

What's your debut single, 'You Should Have Known', about?
"'You Should Have Known' is based on a relationship where someone can hurt you. It's about that moment when you realise that you have moved on. That's where the lyric comes in: 'You should have known better than to leave me alone'. It's a strong moving on song really."

Were you nervous to sing the line: "The love was wrong, but the sex was nice"?
"I was at first, but I just wanted to sing a song where the lyrics were real speaking. Rather than just a song written about a subject, I wanted the lyrics to be something people would actually say in a relationship. The song is a real song and it's definitely based on real life experiences. It means a lot and it's quite empowering really."

In the video you show a sexy side that we didn't really see on The X Factor. Are you pleased to be working this new image?
"People have picked up on this, but I didn't really notice. I suppose it's because there's a dance routine and it's quite a sexy routine. The song is quite urban and contemporary and it's a completely new sound for myself, but I'm still very much about my voice and the music. That's the way I want to keep it."

What can we expect from the debut album when it arrives?
"The album is quite an eclectic mix. There's a lot of urban on it, and some hip-hop influences, but there are also retro songs and a few ballads on there. I didn't want to focus on one particular sort of music. A lot of people thought I'd have a jazzy album, and there are a few jazz bits here and there, but I didn't want to do straight jazz."

Were you ever tempted to knock out a quick covers album?
"A few X Factor contestants have done the covers album, but I've been adamant all the way that I wanted it be my own music. I can write, so I wanted to bring out a record of new stuff and really find my own sound. That's why it's taken such a long while to release it."

Looking back, are you still annoyed that the judges voted you off X Factor so early?
"Oh no, not at all! Things can happen in so many different ways on that show. Even though I was the favourite to win at the start, I always felt like I wouldn't. I always felt slightly to the left of the show. I didn't quite have the X Factor image. I think it's the best show on TV, I really enjoyed my time on it and it totally changed my life, so it was wicked to be involved. I didn't really mind that much that I left. I think it was just the right time to go."

Are you still in contact with your mentor, Cheryl Cole?
"We kept in touch for a while, but obviously for the last couple of months we've both been so busy. I will always have great respect for Cheryl. She picked me as one of her Girls and it really meant a lot to me. I know Cheryl loves urban music and this song's definitely got some hip-hop influences, so I hope Cheryl will like it. I think her new song's brilliant. It's such a well-written song and it's very different to what people expected from her. It goes against the grain."

Thanks a lot for your time Laura!
"Thank you - and please tell everyone at Digital Spy that I always check what they're saying on the forums. They have supported me all the way and it means a lot to me!"

Laura White's debut single 'You Should Have Known' is released on November 2.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/interviews/a183164/laura-white.html

tammyy2j
28-10-2009, 11:25
i like her song

Jen011282
28-10-2009, 11:39
Her song is fantastic, really shows she's ready to take on the charts!! She's number 1 in the pre-order charts on Play.com so hopefully this is a sign of how it'll chart when its released next week!!

She looks amazing, have you seen the photo's in Look magazine she's just done? She's lost 2 stone - talk about a come back!!!

Hannelene
28-10-2009, 20:59
She sounds good and looks amazing I am so impressed by her as I thought she was just going to be another reject