PDA

View Full Version : Lexi King Exit

tammyy2j
13-08-2009, 23:04
Emmerdale actress Sally Oliver has made a surprise exit from the soap after two years in the ITV1 show.

Viewers saw Oliver's character Lexi King leave after a showdown on a hospital roof with screen husband Carl, played by Tom Lister.

Lexi had taken her friend Nicola's premature baby after suffering an ectopic pregnancy herself and being told she may never be able to have children.

Despite a dramatic trailer suggesting the scuffle could end in disaster, the episode saw Lexi eventually choose to come down from the roof and walk away.

Filming finished five weeks ago, but Oliver's departure was kept a secret so the outcome of the story was not spoiled.

Oliver, 25, said: "It was very emotional filming my last scenes due to the nature of the storyline, but also because I knew that I was leaving.

"I know everyone always says it about Emmerdale - but that is probably because it is true - everyone gets on fantastically and just wants each other to do well.

"I am going to miss everyone loads but particularly my on-screen family - Kelsey (Scarlett Nicholls), Nicola (Nicola Blackstock), Nick (Jimmy King) and especially Tom (Carl). Tom and I have had so many scenes together.

"He is such a talented, kind and thoughtful man and I am going to miss him loads. I have loved every minute of playing Lexi but just felt the time was right for her to move on."

So tonight was her exit

alan45
14-08-2009, 00:07
Emmerdale actress Sally Oliver has made a surprise exit from the soap after two years in the ITV1 show.

Viewers saw Oliver's character Lexi King leave after a showdown on a hospital roof with screen husband Carl, played by Tom Lister.

Lexi had taken her friend Nicola's premature baby after suffering an ectopic pregnancy herself and being told she may never be able to have children.

Despite a dramatic trailer suggesting the scuffle could end in disaster, the episode saw Lexi eventually choose to come down from the roof and walk away.

Filming finished five weeks ago, but Oliver's departure was kept a secret so the outcome of the story was not spoiled.

Oliver, 25, said: "It was very emotional filming my last scenes due to the nature of the storyline, but also because I knew that I was leaving.

"I know everyone always says it about Emmerdale - but that is probably because it is true - everyone gets on fantastically and just wants each other to do well.

"I am going to miss everyone loads but particularly my on-screen family - Kelsey (Scarlett Nicholls), Nicola (Nicola Blackstock), Nick (Jimmy King) and especially Tom (Carl). Tom and I have had so many scenes together.

"He is such a talented, kind and thoughtful man and I am going to miss him loads. I have loved every minute of playing Lexi but just felt the time was right for her to move on."

So tonight was her exit
I really hope thats true. She was a payhetic actress playing a pointless chararacter

Hannelene
14-08-2009, 05:40
I found her a little wooden when she started along with Linda Lusardi :(
Lexi was painful to watch in the beginning gradually got better over time
I wonder what the actress will go on and do?

alan45
14-08-2009, 10:42

She was marginally better than Linda Lusardi although thats not saying much.

Hannelene
14-08-2009, 19:38

She was marginally better than Linda Lusardi although thats not saying much.

Marginally better:rotfl: You have made my evening!

lizann
15-08-2009, 12:55
So thats it she is gone for good now :eek:

Perdita
15-08-2009, 15:37
I am glad she has gone, never took to her, especially at the beginning. She got a little better towards the end now but hopefully Carl and Chas will get together at long last.

alan45
15-08-2009, 16:33
I am glad she has gone, never took to her, especially at the beginning. She got a little better towards the end now but hopefully Carl and Chas will get together at long last.

No doubt they will but what about poor PADDY:crying: :crying:

Hannelene
15-08-2009, 17:46
Poor Paddy will have no one didn't Gennie fancy him at one stage?
Maybe they will end up together?

Chris_2k11
16-08-2009, 17:17
Paddy needs to go aswell, well past his sell by date

Hannelene
16-08-2009, 19:19
I like Paddy but for an educated man he sure can act stupid!

walsh2509
16-08-2009, 23:20

So tonight was her exit
I really hope thats true. She was a payhetic actress playing a pointless chararacter

I'd rahter see her still in the show than Carl , now there is really a waste of space on the TV screen. He does nothing what so ever.

Hannelene
17-08-2009, 19:48
Carl needs to be with Chas as then he won't seem so pointless!

GossipGirl
22-08-2009, 18:41
So this was Lexi's exit, does anyone know what the actress is planning to go on and do next?

Chloe O'brien
22-08-2009, 23:56
she'll do what the other ex soap stars who can't act for toffee do. Think that directors are going to be falling over each other to give her a job and by spring she will be either hinting about doing a reality show or begging emmerdale to take her back.

GossipGirl
23-08-2009, 08:34
That sounds about right. Was she written out? Or did she quit to make her fame and fortune?

Hannelene
23-08-2009, 11:09
Maybe she will do panto?
Don't they always do panto?
OR so may be in a lads magazine?

GossipGirl
28-08-2009, 21:01
I think Panto

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 07:31
I think lads magazine she had the physique to do modelling

GossipGirl