PDA

View Full Version : Loan Shark - Brenda

walsh2509
05-08-2009, 13:44
Can't remember how much she got to buy half the cafe, but I am sure it was thousands ten or more ?

I always thought it a bit far fetched a loan shark giving her that much, and when I heard the BBC1 news today it made the loan stark money a bit of a fantasy.

On the BBC1 news a story from Newcastle , where at the Newcastle Crown Court a loan shark was up in front of the court, he loaned a family £500 (a drop in the ocean compare to the amount Brenda got of her loan shark) and had took £88,000 of them over 7 years. Something like £241 a week, he got a suspended sentence:mad: but at least he is off that families back.

But true stories like that , show up the one in Emmerdale as a bit of nonsense. If anything like true life loan sharks, then the one that gave Brenda her Thousands, would be looking for at least £500 a week back for every thousand he gave her..

Hannelene
05-08-2009, 14:57
I thought she sold her house to help Bob out?

Meh
05-08-2009, 17:19
On the BBC1 news a story from Newcastle , where at the Newcastle Crown Court a loan shark was up in front of the court, he loaned a family £500 (a drop in the ocean compare to the amount Brenda got of her loan shark) and had took £88,000 of them over 7 years. Something like £241 a week, he got a suspended sentence:mad: but at least he is off that families back.

that is ****ing disgraceful

Chris_2k11
05-08-2009, 17:22
The police woman who spoke on the news about that today was my cousin

Katy
05-08-2009, 19:48
The police woman who spoke on the news about that today was my cousin

Cool!

There was a loan shark story making the greater manchester news saying how a man was charging 2000% interest, he was jailed.

It shows that there are people willing to give that much out but take a lot more back.

Chloe O'brien
07-08-2009, 22:55
Emmerdale wasted an opportuntiy to show how easy it is to become a victim of a loan shark. They should have shown her fallen behind with payments, then maybe having the loan sharks turning up at her door. This was a poor cop out.

Hannelene
08-08-2009, 08:32
But it doesn't answer my question- what happened to the family home Brenda had shared with Gennie?

Chloe O'brien
08-08-2009, 23:58
She said to Bob that she still hadn't sold it yet. If that's the truth why hasn't she rented it out.

Hannelene
09-08-2009, 00:16
I feel confused if she has this asset couldn't this help her out of her problem?