PDA

View Full Version : The One Show

tammyy2j
04-08-2009, 17:35
BBC One announces that The One Show is set to be extended.

After successfully trialling a 60-minute format of the show in May, the series, which usually runs at 30 minutes, will include an hour-long show every week from September to the end of the year.

The 60-minute shows will include a raft of new features, celebrating lives, landscapes and stories from all around the UK.

BBC One also announces today that The One Show's presenters, Christine Bleakley and Adrian Chiles, will be taking a well-deserved fortnight's holiday in August.

The channel is delighted to be welcoming some of the country's most popular presenters to stand in during their absence.

Gloria Hunniford and Gethin Jones take the helm from Monday 17 to Friday 21 August.

They will be followed by everyone's favourite dancer John Sergeant who will join forces with Myleene Klass, from Monday 24 to Friday 28 August.

The One Show has established itself as essential early evening viewing – combining celebrity guests with topical reports from every corner of the UK.

Executive Producer of The One Show, Tessa Finch, says: "We're delighted to welcome four One Show favourites to stand in for Christine and Adrian while they're on holiday.

"The One Show has had a great summer and is gearing up for the autumn season with a brilliant line-up of stories from all around the UK and some extremely exciting projects for viewers to get involved with.

"The new hour-long programmes are a great vote of confidence from the audience and the channel. Everyone on The One Show is looking forward to the challenge.

"We'll be remaining true to The One Show's commitment to intelligent fun."

The hour-long shows will start in September 2009 and the specific day is to be confirmed.

The One Show was two years old on 9 July 2009.

Hannelene
04-08-2009, 17:36
Really? I may have to watch it before I slate it!

DaVeyWaVey
04-08-2009, 17:40
This has to be the greatest show on TV. :p

Hannelene
04-08-2009, 17:42
Your kidding me? (Aren't you)

di marco
04-08-2009, 22:10
ive seen it sometimes now and again, its alright. didnt realised it had been on 2yrs though

Jessie Wallace
04-08-2009, 23:19
Really? I may have to watch it before I slate it!

You haven't lived until you've watched atleast a week of this show, it's fab

DaVeyWaVey
04-08-2009, 23:42
Your kidding me? (Aren't you)

I was kidding :) but I do think it's so random, it's brilliant! Like I tuned in once and they were discussing speed bumps - I mean what on earth lol :confused:

Hannelene
05-08-2009, 06:14
yes the show is VERY random it can feel like the subjects are kind of thought out right there and then. I like to Christine and Adrian together I think they are good presenters. Him with his strange accent

Chris_2k11
05-08-2009, 09:04
I've never seen this

Hannelene
05-08-2009, 09:34
Really where have you been?

Siobhan
05-08-2009, 10:51
I've never seen this

I only ever catch the end of it when I am waiting on EE to start.. so never seen a full one

alan45
05-08-2009, 10:58
Christine and Adrian going off on holiday at the same time. Purely conincidence I think:lol: :lol:

Hannelene
05-08-2009, 11:07
Do you think their secretly dating?

alan45
05-08-2009, 11:09

Does a cat sup milk???????

Hannelene
05-08-2009, 11:11
Well my cat does:p

alan45
05-08-2009, 11:20
Christine Blakely is from a town about 18 miles from me but she is rumoured to have purchased a rather posh apartment about a quarter mile from where I live. I must keep an eye out for her

Hannelene
05-08-2009, 11:22
Please keep an eye out for her and any guests she may have with the initals A.C :)

Siobhan
05-08-2009, 11:56

Wasn't there rumours that she broke up with her partner and seen with her co host??

Hannelene
05-08-2009, 12:18

Wasn't there rumours that she broke up with her partner and seen with her co host??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1133342/Three-involved-split-Christine-Bleakleys-ex-boyfriend-blames-Adrian-Chiles-break-up.html

alan45
05-08-2009, 13:39
And of course she was sitting beside AC at Wimbledon

Hannelene
05-08-2009, 13:41
It sounds like these 2 are just good friends or they could be friend with benefits

lizann
13-04-2010, 21:03
Looks like Chris Evans is joining the show

moonstorm
14-04-2010, 11:30
That is going to put Adrain's nose out of joint!

Perdita
14-04-2010, 11:38
THE One Show host Adrian Chiles was last night considering his BBC future after bosses confirmed Chris Evans would replace him on Fridays.
Chiles, 43, has taken a week off to think - and could quit.

A pal said: "He doesn't like how this situation has been handled."

The Sun told in November that Evans was being lined up for the Friday slot alongside Christine Bleakley.

It was confirmed yesterday that he will start this summer.

BBC1's Jay Hunt said: "Chris will be a great addition." But bosses want Chiles to stay.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2931057/Adrian-Chiles-in-One-big-dilemma-over-his-replacement-Chris-Evans.html#ixzz0l4OVj0Pk

alan45
09-05-2010, 04:24
V golden girl Christine Bleakley gets a big kiss from footie ace lover Frank Lampard... and there are plenty more smackers on the way.

For the BBC are plotting to stop her transferring to ITV - like her old co-host on The One Show Adrian Chiles - with a pay rise of more than 800 PER CENT.

It will take her wages from £90,000 to more than £800,000 and make her one of the Beeb's highest-paid female presenters.

They plan to give her her own prime-time Saturday entertainment show like Strictly Come Dancing plus a series of high- profile factual programmes.

A BBC source revealed: "We are not going to lose Christine. She is our face of the future."

And she's clearly Miss ONE- derful with Frank too after they were pictured kissing in public for the first time since the romance began in October.

IT'S KISS WAY: Christine points Lampard in right direction
They have been hurt by recent speculation their relationship is a fake. But it looked the real deal as they said a tender farewell in Chelsea, west London this week. Christine, 31, looked casual in a grey hooded jumper as she loaded up her car boot, while Lamps was relaxed in a T-shirt and shades.

Frank, also 31, will be hoping he can score again this afternoon with a victory over Wigan that will guarantee his Chelsea side the Premier League title.

And his girlfriend is shaping up to take her own title as the new face of the Beeb.

Handcuffs

The BBC is determined to keep her on side after Adrian defected to ITV1. The source said: "It would be a disaster for her to follow Chiles to ITV. There is going to be a lot more money on the table."

GONE: Chiles
But Christine is refusing to get locked into a golden handcuffs deal restricting her to working exclusively with the Beeb. Instead, they'll have to pay her per show, letting her earn heaps more.

Our insider explained: "This is no longer just about The One Show. There are a number of big-budget, prime-time entertainment shows on the table."

At the height of the recession, Christine signed a new deal for The One Show which cut her £100,000 contract by around ten per cent.

But a new deal is already being negotiated which could make her earnings for the 7pm show alone as high as £300,000.

A source said: "With Adrian gone Christine IS The One Show at the moment. There's no other presenter on board so it's absolutely essential the BBC find a way to make her stay. ITV would more than triple that sort of money for her to defect to present GMTV alongside Adrian, but she loves working for the BBC and doesn't want to go."

But that deal is just the start. Christine will then negotiate three more six-figure deals to present new prime-time shows. Contrary to reports last week, she will NOT take over from Tess Daly on Strictly.

The insider said: "Christine is fast becoming the face of BBC1 so she's going to be appearing on more than The One Show.

"Because of the deal she's negotiating, they're going to cough up huge money for each and every one of those shows."

By next year, our sources predict Christine will be making at least £800,000 from the BBC alone. She is in a strong negotiating position because BBC1 boss Jay Hunt doesn't want her to work for ITV1, who also want her to present a prime-time show.

An insider said: "If ITV can't get Christine for GMTV, they've made it clear they're not just going to give up.

"They also want her to present new blockbuster Saturday and Sunday night entertainment shows being planned in secret at the moment.

"In a dream scenario they'd also like to find a way to reunite Adrian and Christine on a prime-time show, which the BBC would absolutely hate."

lizann
27-05-2010, 14:29
Jason Manford has been revealed as the surprise choice to replace Adrian Chiles on 'The One Show'.

The comedian will join Christine Bleakley as the new co-host from Monday to Thursday from July, while Chris Evans will appear on Fridays.

Speaking about his new role, Jason said: "I am thrilled to be part of ‘The One Show’ team. My Dad put £10 at 500/1 that I'd get the job so it just made sense."

At one point it seemed that almost every male presenter on TV was in the running for the job on the BBC One series after Adrian Chiles quit the show for ITV.

Names linked to the programme included Richard Hammond, Chris Hollins and even veteran presenter Terry Wogan.

Ben Shephard proved the favourite with Yahoo! TV users after 30% said they would like him to join Christine on the sofa in a poll last month.

Speculation over the past few days suggests that Christine Bleakley may soon leave the show to join Adrian Chiles at ITV. Newspaper reports claimed that bosses at the rival station are hoping to woo her with a massive pay deal.

alan45
29-05-2010, 10:23
Christine Bleakley apparently has no intention of defecting to ITV when her One Show contract finishes in September.

The Northern Irish presenter, 31, is said to be furious after former BBC co-host Adrian Chiles said he wouldn't rule out chances of her following his move to ITV.

"Obviously, there's no doubt, sooner or later Christine and I will work together. Whether that's going to be in September on GMTV or some time in the future in a far-off time or place, I don't know," he said.

An insider told The Mirror: "Both Christine and the BBC are getting annoyed with Adrian. She is furious and has no intention of leaving."

Chiles left the corporation last month after being upset by plans for Chris Evans to replace him on Friday night episodes of the show.

Katy
29-05-2010, 11:33
I love Jason Manford! May even watch the awful show with him on it. I really dont get the show though, its odd.

alan45
06-06-2010, 00:26
AMBITIOUS Christine Bleakley has secretly fixed up a £6MILLION deal with ITV - so she can present GMTV with former One Show pal Adrian Chiles.

The BBC golden girl negotiated the four-year contract directly with the rival channel's boss before ditching her long-term agent by TEXT, we can reveal.

Her new deal will mean current GMTV presenters Kate Garraway and Emma Crosby are likely to leave - but the breakfast show's stalwart Lorraine Kelly is expected to stay.

And it quashes the Beeb's secret plans to make Christine, 31, the main female face of its 2012 London Olympics coverage - a huge snub to Sue Barker.

Last night a TV insider told us: "This shows how ruthlessly ambitious Christine is. She went to ITV for the money but could have earned a fortune at the BBC in the next few years.

"She'll now be getting up at 3am five times a week for GMTV. She could end up looking like Dot Cotton in a year!

"If she had stayed, she would still have been very rich and she would have been the face of the Olympics.

"I'm amazed she's been so short-sighted."

Christine - who is dating England and Chelsea footballer Frank Lampard - will join ITV in the autumn, after her Beeb contract expires in September.

GOING?: Emma Crosby, left, and Kate Garraway, right
She arranged her new deal with ITV's director of television Peter Fincham after being wooed by him and his close pal Chiles, 43. He quit The One Show in April after it was announced Radio 2 star Chris Evans would take over from him on Fridays.

Chiles has also got a £6 million deal with ITV over four years, and will front the channel's football coverage too. He will start at GMTV after the World Cup.

STAYING: Lorraine Kelly
He recently made a public appeal at ITV's World Cup launch for Bleakley to join him on the sofa, hinting: "There is no doubt that Christine and I will work together again."

She is set to present other ITV shows too.

On Thursday she axed top showbiz agent John Noel - who in 2007 transformed her from a unknown presenter on Northern Ireland regional shows to Britain's hottest female TV star.

They reportedly fell out over his belief she should stay at the BBC, where she is currently earning £100,000 a year.

Christine sent him a curt text to his phone, saying: "It is better if we go our separate ways. I hope that we can work together in the future. X"

Noel texted back asking for a meeting. But within 30 minutes, he got a lawyer's letter signed by Christine, formally stating he was no longer working for her.

A showbiz insider said: "It is sad that Christine didn't have the decency to tell John face-to-face she no longer wanted to work with him. She is a success because of her on-screen talent but a lot of that has been moulded by him."

GMTV has a top audience of 1.5 million, compared with The One Show's five million. Comedian Jason Manford has been signed up to take Chiles' place on the teatime magazine show.

alan45
10-06-2010, 19:58
Christine Bleakley will be offered a £100,000 pay rise on her current BBC contract, a report has claimed.

The Guardian understands that the One Show host, who pledged her loyalty to the corporation this morning, is to be rewarded with a two-year deal.

Bleakley, who was rumoured to be joining Adrian Chiles at ITV, has apparently agreed to host a new Saturday night entertainment show.

"Christine is a great talent and she is currently under contract at the BBC, there is nothing more we can say at this stage," said a spokesman for the BBC. "We look forward to talking to her about future projects in due course."

Bleakley is also expected to be involved with the 2012 Olympics coverage, but will not be the central presenting figure for the summer games.

Perdita
12-06-2010, 07:23
The One Show is to undergo a minor revamp in time for its return to screens in four weeks' time.

The BBC announced that the weeknight magazine programme will broadcast on BBC HD from July 12, when the show will also have a new set.

"The One Show is off air for four weeks during the World Cup. During this time, the One Show studio is going to have a bit of a revamp ready for when it returns on July 12 where it will also be available in glorious high definition on the BBC HD channel," a corporation spokesperson said.

"Christine [Bleakley] will also be joined by two new presenters on its return - Jason Manford and Chris Evans," the statement added.

However, Bleakley admitted yesterday evening that she is still considering her future at the broadcaster.

alan45
19-06-2010, 03:28
THE BBC was slammed by MPs yesterday over its £900,000 pay offer to Christine Bleakley.
It is desperate to keep the One Show presenter, 31, after ITV launched a bid to lure her away with a megabucks contract.
But last night John Whittingdale, chairman of the Commons Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee, said: "This is public money.
"If she feels she can go and earn vast sums in the private sector, then good luck to her."
Fellow Conservative MP Julian Brazier called the Beeb's proposed two-year deal "completely unacceptable".
ITV wants Christine to join former co-host Adrian Chiles, 43, presenting GMTV.
The Irish star has said she is "torn" over which deal to accept, but is tipped to decide in the next few days.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3020655/MPs-slam-BBC-over-900k-for-Christine-Bleakley.html#ixzz0rGJJzcqF

Perdita
20-06-2010, 05:53
BBC bosses have got a Klass act to replace The One Show host Christine Bleakley if she defects to ITV.

Myleene Klass, 32, is the front-runner to take over if Christine, 31, shows niftier footwork than boyfriend Frank Lampard did on Friday and takes up a £6million ITV deal.

Myleene hosted the BBC show at the start. A BBC source said: "Viewers love her. It's a clear message to Christine that the BBC can do business without her."

NOTW

Perdita
20-06-2010, 20:22
The BBC has withdrawn its contract offer to Christine Bleakley after she was unable to decide whether she wanted to stay at the corporation or move to ITV.

Bleakley's current contract is due to expire in September, but her future at the BBC has been in doubt since April, after producers decided to revamp The One Show following the departure of Bleakley's co-host Adrian Chiles to ITV.

The BBC said that the effect the negotiations were having on The One Show and its audience was the major factor in its decision to drop its much criticised offer of a £900,000 pay rise to Bleakley.

"We made a full and final offer to her several weeks ago and made it clear we would not be entering into a bidding war with other channels," the BBC said.

"Christine is still unable to make a decision and therefore we have regretfully withdrawn our offer as we have to put the interests of the One Show audience first and the current uncertainty does not allow us to do that."

Bleakley previously said that she wanted to stay at the BBC so she could work with her new One Show co-host Jason Manford, but later admitted that her desire to work with Chiles again at ITV had left her "torn".

Katy
20-06-2010, 20:26
i dont get the attraction with her at all, i find her irritating.

alan45
20-06-2010, 23:59
Christine Bleakley has accepted an offer from ITV to host a revamped GMTV, hours after the BBC announced that it would not be renewing her contract.

The 31-year-old will leave the BBC's One Show and the corporation itself after signing a three-year deal to front ITV's long-running breakfast show, according to the News of the World.

Bleakley, who can expect to host numerous other "primetime ITV entertainment shows" as well as GMTV, said: "[The One Show] has consumed my life in that time and I would not have had it any other way; I have made great friends and met some incredible people.

"I fully understand the BBC had to move more swiftly than I could, and as a result they've managed to help make my mind up for me."

She added that the BBC had been "nothing but supportive, fair and encouraging" during her time there, and that she is "eternally grateful for everything they have done".

Bleakley also paid tribute to former One Show co-host Adrian Chiles, who was previously confirmed to have also won an anchor role on the show, saying: "I am looking forward to a brand new experience at ITV, albeit with an old friend."

Bleakley had been offered a £900,000 pay rise by the BBC, but remained torn between staying at the corporation or moving to ITV to join Chiles, who left back in April.

alan45
21-06-2010, 00:19
THE One Show presenter Christine Bleakley was today sensationally given the boot after the BBC withdrew its new £900,000 offer to get her to stay.
Bosses had grown increasingly weary of her stalling on signing a new contract, believing she was dragging her feet in a bid to get a better deal out of ITV who had offered her a £6 million deal to reunite with former One Show host Adrian Chiles on GMTV.
The last straw in understood to have been The Sun's story yesterday in which MPs slammed the Beeb for offering the £900,000 two year deal, saying it should not be wasting such huge sums of public money.
It means the 31 year old star, who is dating England footballer Frank Lampard, will have to leave the Beeb when her current £100,000 a year deal comes to an end in September even if she was thinking of staying.
It is now thought she will join ITV after all as part of its plans to radically revamp GMTV, which will include a new name and a clearing out of old presenters.
In a statement, the BBC said: "We have been in discussions with Christine Bleakley about her new contract ever since she told us in April that she wanted to be a part of the relaunched show following Adrian Chiles' departure.
"With that in mind we made a full and final offer to her several weeks ago and made it clear we would not be entering into a bidding war with other channels.
"Christine is still unable to make a decision and therefore we have regretfully withdrawn our offer as we have to put the interests of The One Show audience first and the current uncertainty does not allow us to do that."
Bosses will now start a hunt to find a replacement for her, who will front a revamped The One Show with comedian Jason manford between Monday and Thursday and Chris Evans on Friday.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3021606/Bleakley-given-boot-from-Beeb.html#ixzz0rREzT2m2

tammyy2j
16-08-2010, 15:46
The new presenters of the BBC's 'The One Show' will host their first programme this evening.

Alex Jones and Jason Manford are taking over the popular five-day a week show with the pair hoping their can emulate the success of previous hosts Adrian Chiles and Christine Bleakley.

32-year-old Welsh TV presenters Jones said "I watch the show at home every night on my sofa and can't believe I'm now swapping it for 'The One Show' sofa! It is the break I have only ever dreamed of and can't believe I'm getting to work with Jason Manford who I think is just fantastic - it truly is the icing on the cake."

The pair will host the show from Monday to Thursday with Chris Evans taking the place of Manford on Fridays.

Chiles quits the show in March after he signed a deal with ITV and co-host Bleakley followed him in June.

alan45
19-11-2010, 00:11
Jason Manford has left his role on The One Show, according to reports.

The front page of The Sun today is expected to carry the story of the Manchester comedian's departure from the BBC.

According to Twitter, BBC sources have confirmed Manford's exit, although it is unclear whether the presenter quit or was fired.

Earlier this month, Manford apologised for sending sexual messages to a fan via Twitter.

The 29-year-old, who replaced Adrian Chiles on the primetime magazine show, later joked that he may not be with the programme much longer.

Perdita
19-11-2010, 06:00
Jason Manford has admitted that he engaged in internet sex sessions with 12 fans.

The revelations follow yesterday's announcement that Manford has decided to step down as host of The One Show.

The comedian owned up to a series of racy Skype video calls with female admirers, as well as exchanging a number of sexual messages on Twitter, one of which was reported earlier this month.

He told The Sun: "I have only myself to blame. I have never felt so low. If I was reading this about someone else, I'd think, 'What an a**ehole. How can he look at himself in the mirror?'

"I think it was because there was a danger to it. I don't drink or do drugs, so it's not like I've those to blame - just my own stupidity. Every word seems an excuse - but I am sorry. I don't want to be crying in front of people, I want to be making them laugh."

Manford confessed to getting sexual satisfaction from the live video conversations he had with the women, all of which he conducted from a hotel room.

"I went on Skype with a few girls," he said. "They also sent pictures on Twitter. It all happened on tour. It's boredom and loneliness.

"It was a few weeks back and I was in a hotel and a couple of them went too far. We would start off flirty, then innuendo and then a bit saucy. It was just nice to have some interaction I suppose. But the next morning I would wake up and think, 'F**k. Oh my God.'

"The mad thing was, when I was chatting there were messages I knew went too far. They weren't just flirty. I can't even describe it. It's such a weird world online. People throw themselves at you."

The 29-year-old went on to say how he gave a full account of his actions to wife Debra McNamee because he wanted to come clean before the imminent birth of the couple's third child.

"The fundamental thing is, I was a d**khead. My wife has called me a d**khead," he said. "We have had a serious sit-down about it and agreed that what we've got is worth fighting for.

"She's fine and we're fine. The kids are fine. We've got another one in three weeks. I don't feel any less of a dad but I still feel I've let them down. I just hope they never find out. I hope we can move on.

"My wife texted me today to say, 'Me and you are fine. We are dealing with it.' I am upset that I have disappointed people. Everyone makes mistakes."

Manford - who revealed that he has deleted Twitter from his phone - added: "Hopefully me and my wife have another 60 years together. That is the most important thing.

"If people don't want to come to the shows anymore and I end up on the bins, that doesn't matter. I am a good dad, a good husband. From now I am going to be one forever. That's it."

Idiot

Chloe O'brien
19-11-2010, 10:18
Aye he said it. He's a flaming idiot let this be a lesson to him.

alan45
19-11-2010, 16:04
Matt Baker has emerged as the bookies' favourite to replace Jason Manford on BBC's The One Show.

Manford, who only began presenting the show in July alongside Alex Jones, quit the magazine show with what is believed to be immediate effect last night, following more revelations about his private life.

Paddy Power has now placed Baker as the 3-1 favourite to land the role from Monday to Thursday.

However, the Countryfile presenter's commitments to Strictly Come Dancing and next year's tour could prevent him from taking the job.

The bookmaker has put former host Adrian Chiles at 16-1 for a shock return from ITV, where he currently hosts Daybreak and the network's football coverage.

According to reports guest presenters will fill in until a permanent choice is made.

alan45
20-11-2010, 02:33
TEARFUL telly host Jason Manford quit BBC1's The One Show last night after admitting internet sex sessions with 12 girl fans.
Manford, 29, said: "I have only myself to blame. I have never felt so low."
The comedian revealed he had betrayed his wife with steamy chats to 12 girls on Twitter and video calls on Skype.
He announced his decision to leave the 7pm BBC1 show in a statement, saying: "I have decided after careful consideration to stand back from The One Show to concentrate on my family."
The BBC said later: "We have got nothing to say except that we accept Jason's decision."
Bosses were considering whether to run material Jason had pre-recorded for Children In Need, which broadcast last night.

Speaking of his web shame, Jason told The Sun: "If I was reading this about someone else, I'd think, 'What an a***hole. How can he look at himself in the mirror?'"
He revealed he had spent hours in hotel rooms in conversation with scantily-clad female fans.
The Mancunian decided to own up three weeks before his wife Catherine is due to give birth to their third child. The couple have twin daughters aged one.
He said: "There were ten or 12 people flirting and then with a few it went over the line.
"We would start off flirty, then innuendo and then a bit saucy. They were the moments I thought, 'I shouldn't be saying that'.
"It was just nice to have some interaction I suppose. But the next morning I would wake up and think, '*******. Oh my God'.
"I don't drink or do drugs, so it's not like I've those to blame - just my own stupidity."
Jason married long-term girlfriend Catherine last year. She is eight months pregnant.
He has made a full confession to her about his sex tweets to Debra McNamee, 22 - revealed by The Sun two weeks ago - and all the girls he has been online with.
Trying to make sense of his behaviour, he said tearfully: "I think it was because there was a danger to it. The fundamental thing is, I was a d***head. My wife has called me a d***head.
"We have had a serious sit-down about it and agreed that what we've got is worth fighting for. She's fine and we're fine.
"The kids are fine. We've got another one in three weeks. She hasn't kicked me out.

"I held my hands up. I showed her all the messages. I said, 'This is what's happened' and she was disappointed. But the relationship we have is not about, 'Right, get out!' or 'You're on the couch'.
"I don't feel any less of a dad but I still feel I've let them down. I just hope they never find out. I hope we can move on.
"My wife texted me today to say, 'Me and you are fine. We are dealing with it'. I am upset that I have disappointed people. Everyone makes mistakes."
Jason went on: "The mad thing was, when I was chatting there were messages I knew went too far. They weren't just flirty. I just didn't think. I can't even describe it. It's such a weird world online. People throw themselves at you.

"I had this ridiculous few days - what the hell was I doing? There were a couple who said, 'Let's meet' and 'Let's do that'. That was a wake-up call. I thought, hold on a minute. That was a point where maybe I annoyed them and off they went."
Jason confessed to gaining sexual satisfaction during sessions in his hotel rooms on Skype - a live video link online - with women.
He said: "I went on Skype with a few girls. They also sent pictures on Twitter.
"It all happened on tour. It's boredom and loneliness. It was a few weeks back and I was in a hotel and a couple of them went too far.

"Every word seems an excuse - but I am sorry. I don't want to be crying in front of people, I want to be making them laugh."
In the last year TV host Vernon Kay and Chelsea star Ashley Cole have also found their marriages on the brink because of sex texts.
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01167/manford-6824_1167507a.jpg
And Jason knew his web sessions with girls would become public. He said: "I am not naive but I was on this occasion.
"I have read everything that happened to people in the past. I read the papers like everyone else.
"I just thought, how can it happen to me? It has been a hell of a learning curve this last few weeks.
"It made me decide I need to clean the slate and just get on with it. Hopefully me and my wife have another 60 years together. That is the most important thing.
"If people don't want to come to the shows any more and I end up on the bins, that doesn't matter.
"I am a good dad, a good husband. From now I am going to be one forever. That's it."
The star of hit shows like 8 Out Of 10 Cats has more than 200,000 Twitter fans and spent hours keeping in touch with them.

He said: "Addicted is too strong a word, but Twitter did keep me company. It filled the time.
"I feel bad because I had a great relationship with so many people and I ruined it. At least 200,000 people are thinking, 'What a d***!'"
Recalling the day his wife learned the truth, Jason said: "It's the lowest I've felt in my life.
"I couldn't see an end to it. It was the embarrassment it caused her. I thought, 'Look at all the great things you've got'. You are going to throw them away for a bit of daftness on Twitter?'
"I have deleted Twitter from my phone. If a 17-year-old could see what I have done over the last few weeks, he would knock me out. All I ever wanted was to have a family and I've risked it all for some girls online."
Ironically, news of his resignation sparked a Twitter flurry from fans last night. Fiona2608 tweeted: "I know Jason Manford is in the wrong, majorly. But he always seemed like such a nice guy. Makes it even more sad really."

Katy
23-11-2010, 10:45
I think he made a mistake which as a young man living away from his family it would have been a tough time on him. He hasnt gone out and cheated with any one like Terry or Rooney did and i know that he was in the wring but he knows that as well. Im just glad he resigned as the One Show was not doing him any good, he looked uncomfortable on it and its nearly wrecked his family life. I just glad he knows he was in the wriong and can make a go at starting over with his wife and the new baba thats due.

I seen him live a couple of weeks ago and he was awesome, he handled the situation really well and there was a few heckles but he really did deal with it great and i wish him all the best in the future. His show was amazing!

alan45
28-11-2010, 23:48
Matt Baker has been chosen as Jason Manford's replacement to host The One Show.

According to The People, the Strictly Come Dancing star and Countryfile presenter, who stood in for Manford for three editions of the BBC One programme last week, beat Chris Hollins and Matt Allwright to the coveted position.

A BBC source said: “Matt’s been a big hit with the viewers. He deserved the big break.”

Baker has subsequently resigned from his Countryfile job, and will be unveiled as Alex Jones's co-host next week. Chris Evans will retain his role as host on the show's Friday editions.

Perdita
25-01-2011, 05:41
The BBC has confirmed Strictly Come Dancing star Matt Baker as the new co-host of The One Show.

The former Blue Peter presenter will team up with Alex Jones from February 14, every Monday to Thursday. Chris Evans will continue as Jones's co-host on Fridays.

"I'm over the moon to be joining The One Show as a full-time presenter. The BBC has made everything possible so I can also continue presenting Countryfile," said Baker. "It's the ideal combination for me and I can't wait to get started."

Alex Jones commented: "I'm so pleased to be welcoming Matt to The One Show as a permanent fixture. We have hosted the show together many times before, he's fantastic to work with and the perfect choice for The One Show."

BBC One controller Danny Cohen added: "With such a wide range of experience including Blue Peter, Countryfile and Strictly Come Dancing, Matt's perfectly placed to take his place on the One Show sofa alongside Alex Jones."

The One Show has featured a selection of guest hosts since Jason Manford stepped down from the programme in November.

© BBC

tammyy2j
25-01-2011, 11:36
I like Matt