PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - 9th Season

tammyy2j
31-07-2009, 09:59
People reports that American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi will return for the show’s upcoming ninth season. It will be her second year at the judges’ table alongside Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, and Paula Abdul, who is publicly negotiating her own return to Idol.

Abigail
01-08-2009, 15:47
I don't want Kara to be a judge this year. She didn't impress me last seasons.

Hannelene
01-08-2009, 15:53
Is Paula hoping for even more money?

tammyy2j
05-08-2009, 10:53
Paula Abdul will not be returning to the judges' table for American Idol's ninth season.

Abdul revealed the stunning news on her Twitter feed: "With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to #IDOL. I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day 1 become an international phenomenon," she tweeted over two separate messages.

Fox released an official statement: "Paula has been an important part of AI. We are saddened she decided not to return. She's a tremendous talent and we wish her the best."

The news comes just days after it was confirmed that fourth judge Kara DioGuardi would be returning in 2010.

Hannelene
05-08-2009, 11:12
Oh wow no more Paula:eek:

lizann
06-08-2009, 12:58
Victoria Beckham has signed up to be a guest judge on the new series of American Idol, according to a report.

The former Spice Girl has been tipped to pocket £150,000 for the two-episode deal, which was allegedly finalised after she was approached by Simon Cowell recently.

It is believed that Posh was offered a permanent place on the panel, but opted for the smaller role because she is busy with other commitments.

Rumours of her involvement come following the news that Paula Abdul has quit the talent contest after eight seasons.

A source told The Mirror: "Victoria is hugely flattered as this is one of the highest profile gigs in America. It really is a big deal. Her husband David may be getting a bit of stick at the moment but Victoria's profile Stateside has never been higher.

"Network bosses would love to give her the job full-time and it looks like it's there for her if she wants it. But at the moment, Victoria's main priority is fashion. She doesn't really need any distractions."

Beckham is expected to start filming for the programme before the week is over.

Hannelene
06-08-2009, 21:03
I can't believe that Ms No personality has been signed up for this!

tammyy2j
07-08-2009, 11:30
American Idol may be losing Paula Abdul, but it's gaining Katy Perry and Victoria Beckham as guest judges, Fox announced Thursday.

No dates have been set for the pop stars' appearances, but more big names are to come, Fox entertainment chairman Peter Rice said at Thursday's Television Critics Association fall TV tour. None of the people the show is talking to are potential full-time replacements for Abdul, Rice said.

"We don't have deep contingencies laid in. We're going to have these guest judges do one week each during the auditions. We've done that before. We've done that in many, many seasons of Idol where not all of the judges were available to do the auditions and guest judges" have filled in, Rice said.

"There is no contingency, no expectation, no thought right now that any of these judges will be a long-term judge for us," he added. "All of the people we are talking to have successful careers. I don't think they'd be available to judge full-time."

Might the show replace Abdul with a series of guest judges? "Yes, I would say it is a possibility," he said. "I wouldn't say it's a probability."

Hannelene
08-08-2009, 08:41
I will miss Paula!

tammyy2j
19-08-2009, 11:18
Joe Jonas, one third of the teen pop sensation the Jonas Brothers, will be a guest judge during the audition rounds for American Idol’s upcoming ninth season, a source close to the show confirmed to EW.com this evening. The source said news is cloudier concerning published reports that season 1 Idol champ Kelly Clarkson will also join Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, and Kara DioGuardi at the judges’ table throughout the callback episodes filming in the next few weeks. It was previously announced that Shania Twain, Mary J. Blige, Katy Perry, and former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham have all been tapped to fill the seat once occupied by Paula Abdul, who stepped away from the show earlier this month after a bitter public contract dispute.

tammyy2j
27-08-2009, 15:30
Queen Latifah has dismissed reports she'll be Paula Abdul's permanent replacement on American Idol, but reveals she has signed on to be a guest judge on the hit TV show.

The rapper-turned-actress is considering an offer to join regulars Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi for an upcoming audition or two, but she insists she has no plans to become the fourth judge when the talent show returns to Los Angeles for a new season.

She says, "I don’t want to replace Paula Abdul. I feel like she is irreplaceable."

Abdul quit as a judge on the show earlier this month. Her spot at auditions has been filled by special guests like Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige and Katy Perry, among others.

tammyy2j
07-09-2009, 12:17
Simon Cowell has broken his silence on the departure of Paula Abdul from American Idol’s judges table, telling Extra, “I miss her, of course I miss her,” and that the chemistry between he, Randy Jackson, and Kara DioGuardi is “different… It’s like comparing a carrot to a banana.” If we had to guess, the threesome would be the hard carrot, and the banana would be the foursome with notoriously soft Paula in the center.

When Abdul’s exit was first announced, EW’s Idol expert Michael Slezak asked readers how it would affect their relationship with the show: 51 percent said they’d be less inclined to watch next season; 42 percent said it would make no difference to them; and six percent said they’d be more inclined to tune in. How will those results differ now that we know guest judges on Idol will include Neil Patrick Harris, Katy Perry, Mary J. Blige, Shania Twain, Kristin Chenoweth, Joe Jonas, Victoria Beckham, and Avril Lavigne.

tammyy2j
10-09-2009, 15:02
Emmy Award-winning talk show host Ellen DeGeneres has joined AMERICAN IDOL as a fourth judge. DeGeneres will sit alongside Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi and offer her own unique perspective to the contestants throughout the competition.

The ninth season of AMERICAN IDOL premieres January 2010 on FOX. DeGeneres will join the judges’ panel after the auditions, which will feature appearances by guest judges Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Kristin Chenoweth, Joe Jonas, Neil Patrick Harris, Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry and Shania Twain.

“I’m thrilled to be the new judge on AMERICAN IDOL,” said DeGeneres. ”I’ve watched since the beginning, and I’ve always been a huge fan. So getting this job is a dream come true, and think of all the money I’ll save from not having to text in my vote.”

“I could not be more excited to have Ellen join the AMERICAN IDOL family,” said creator and executive producer Simon Fuller. “Ellen has been a fan of the show for many years, and her love of music and understanding of the American public will bring a unique human touch to our judging panel. I can’t wait for this next season to begin.”

“We’re all delighted to have Ellen join our ninth season of AMERICAN IDOL,” said executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz. “Beyond her incredible sense of humor and love of music, she brings with her an immense warmth and compassion that is almost palpable. She is one of America’s foremost entertainers, and we cannot wait to have her join our team.”

Perdita
03-12-2009, 11:48
With the new series of American Idol just around the corner, what better time to check out some of the guest judges lined up to help wade through the good, the bad and the bizarre at this year's auditions?

As new panellist Ellen DeGeneres prepares to take her seat alongside Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi at the live shows, click through our gallery to see the slew of famous faces who helped out in the early stages...

American Idol premieres January 12 on Fox.

They are: Victoria Beckham, Kristin Chenoweth, Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers, Neil Patrick Harris, Shania Twain, Mary J Blige, Katy Perry and Avril Lavigne
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/americanidol/news/a189755/in-pictures-american-idol-guest-judges-prg.html

Abigail
03-12-2009, 14:26
I didn't realise Ellen had taken Paula's place. I don't think I'll bother watching this year, Kara annoyed me last season and I don't like Ellen. Is she even musically qualified or experienced to comment on contestants?

Perdita
03-12-2009, 14:29
I didn't realise Ellen had taken Paula's place. I don't think I'll bother watching this year, Kara annoyed me last season and I don't like Ellen. Is she even musically qualified or experienced to comment on contestants?

Apparently, she has a great love of music. And she understands the American public.

Perdita
25-12-2009, 15:53
Fox has confirmed scheduling details for the upcoming ninth season of American Idol.

The auditions round will air on Tuesday and Wednesday nights over four weeks beginning January 12. Cities covered by the auditions include Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Orlando, Dallas, Los Angeles and Denver.

A series of guest judges replaced departed judge Paula Abdul over the auditions round, including Katy Perry, Victoria Beckham, Joe Jonas, Neil Patrick Harris, Mary J. Blige, Kristin Chenoweth, Avril Lavigne and Shania Twain.

> Click here to see pictures of the guest judges in action

New judge Ellen DeGeneres joins the panel - alongside Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi - from the Hollywood rounds, which air February 9, 10, 16 and 17.

When the top 12 boys and top 12 girls are revealed, the competition moves to the semi-finals stage. Each week for three weeks - beginning February 23 - the girls will perform Tuesdays and the boys Wednesdays. In a results show, airing each Thursday, the bottom two girls and bottom two boys will be eliminated.

The 12 finalists will take to the stage for the first time together on Tuesday, March 16. Thereafter performances air Tuesdays and results on Wednesdays, leading up to the season finale in May.

Perdita
05-01-2010, 15:04
In a mere seven days, American Idol will be returning for its ninth season - so prepare to give up your Tuesday and Wednesday nights until May! You may have already seen our guest judges gallery, but here Digital Spy presents a series of promo shots of the show's main players: Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, Kara DioGuardi, new-to-the-scene Ellen DeGeneres, and host Ryan Seacrest. Click through below to see Cowell and co. doing their best poses.

American Idol premieres Tuesday, January 12 on Fox.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/americanidol/news/a193993/in-pictures-idol-season-nine-judges.html

tammyy2j
05-01-2010, 15:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWnC6ZnwMpk

Perdita
11-01-2010, 20:58
Simon Cowell has confirmed that the current season of American Idol will be his last.

The music mogul has quit the show after nine seasons in order to launch a US version of The X Factor in 2011.

Appearing at the Fox execs session at the TCA press tour today, Cowell confirmed that he would serve as judge and executive producer on the new series.

Cowell told reporters that it would have been "impossible" for him to continue on Idol alongside The X Factor. He also serves as a judge on the original UK version of The X Factor as well as Britain's Got Talent.

On his potential replacements on Idol, Cowell commented: "I've had the best eight or nine years of my life doing this job. The most important thing is [for Fox] to get someone who knows what they're talking about. I want to leave Idol this year bigger and better than ever before. I hope it'll be higher-rated than it was last year."

The new season of American Idol premieres Tuesday night on Fox.

DS

Perdita
19-01-2010, 10:10
La Toya Jackson has said that she could replace Simon Cowell on American Idol.

Prior to Cowell's announcement that he would leave the show, Jackson is believed to have told former producer Nigel Lythgoe that she could be a guest judge on the reality talent contest.

However, after the news broke of Cowell's departure, Jackson suggested to TMZ that she could have a more permanent role.

She said: "I would love to be a judge on American Idol. I would love to have a chance for the public get to know the real me. I would be thrilled."

Jackson appeared on last year's Celebrity Big Brother in the UK, lasting 20 days in the house before her eviction.

DS

lizann
19-01-2010, 10:57
I loved the guy singing pants on the ground

Perdita
20-01-2010, 10:12
Shania Twain made her American Idol debut as a guest judge this week.

The 'Man! I Feel Like A Woman' star joined panellists Simon Cowell, Kara DioGuardi and Randy Jackson at the Chiacgo auditions last night.

"This is a once in a lifetime chance for so many of these people. Honestly, I think I'd pee myself if I was standing there!" she said.

While host Ryan Seacrest revealed that thousands had turned up to audition, just 13 performers were handed an elusive Golden Ticket to Hollywood Week.

Among those who made it to the next stage was college student John Park. The 20-year-old performed Donny Hathaway's 'If I Ever Leave You Baby', prompting Twain to remark on his "beautiful bottom end" before having to backtrack and say she was talking about his tone.

American Idol continues tonight on Fox.

DS

tammyy2j
22-01-2010, 14:57
ITV2 viewers witnessed a peculiar American Idol audition last night, as security had to force 28-year-old candidate Jarrod Norrell out after he refused to leave the show.

Judges Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi were left speechless after auditioning Jarrod in Orlando, Florida, for the ninth series of the talent show.

They were shocked to see that the furious contestant wouldn't accept their criticism at all after his painful rendition of "Amazing Grace".

He was so insistent that it led to an altercation and he had to be cuffed and dragged out of the room.

Siobhan
22-01-2010, 15:36
found it on youtube.. (is it just me or does Simon look incredible hot at the end of this video? )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbYdfoZvpQE

Perdita
22-01-2010, 15:41
Do you mean hot as in temperature or hot as in 'hot@ :wub: :lol:

Siobhan
22-01-2010, 15:51
Do you mean hot as in temperature or hot as in 'hot@ :wub: :lol:

Hot as in I would like to go for a cup of coffee with him :lol:

Perdita
22-01-2010, 16:08
:rotfl: Thanks you for clarifying this :D

Perdita
26-01-2010, 06:55
The names of the 24 finalists for this year's edition of American Idol have allegedly been leaked by a fan blog.

According to E!, JoesPlaceBlog.com claimed that it has a list of the top 24 contestants following the conclusion of Hollywood Week taped two weeks ago.

Among the names are Aaron Kelly, a former competitor on America's Most Talented Kids, and Alex Lambert, who shares the same last name as last year's runner-up Adam, despite no relation.

The other possible finalists include Andrew Garcia, Ashley Rodriguez, Casey James, Chris Golightly, Crystal Bowersox, Haeley Vaughn, Janell Wheeler, Jermine Sellers, John Park, Jose 'Joe' Munoz, Katie Stevens and Katelyn Epperly.

Making up the list are Lilly Scott, Lacey Brown, Lee DeWyze, Michael Lynche (rumoured to be disqualified for breaking confidentiality agreements), Michelle Delamor, Paige Miles, Siobhan Magnus,Tyler Grady and Vered Didi Benami.

Fox has yet to comment on the alleged leak.

Perdita
27-01-2010, 20:20
Former Sony music executive Tommy Mottola could replace Simon Cowell as a judge on American Idol and join him on the judging panel for the US version of The X Factor.

According to People, Mariah Carey's ex-husband is in talks with both shows for a possible full-time role.

"Both X Factor and Idol are interested in working with Tommy,” a source close to the shows said. “Nothing has been decided but they are talking. He’s a shrewd negotiator and a legendary music impresario who has a great ear and instinctively knows talent. He is the perfect person for something like this.”

The insider goes on to add that Fox executives are taking their time in the hunt for the perfect American Idol decider.

“No one has been offered a judging [position] on American Idol yet and there are no front-runners either. They have a lot of time to go over their options.”

Also rumored to be in the running is celebrity blogger Perez Hilton.

CrazyLea
27-01-2010, 21:13
(is it just me or does Simon look incredible hot at the end of this video? )
He looks hot ALL the time :D :wub:.

Just watching American Idol now.. I'm liking the having a different guest judge every week. Makes it fun ha.

lizann
03-02-2010, 11:31
Anyone see Kara V Katy Perry - go Katy Perry

Perdita
05-02-2010, 16:12
Howard Stern is said to be producers' first pick to replace Simon Cowell on American Idol.

The radio "shock jock" and media personality would fill the vacant Idol seat next season at the end of his contract with Sirius XM, an uncensored satellite radio service.

"It's one of the few shows that could compete with Stern's $100 million-a-year Sirius contract, and Idol bosses think he'd be even nastier than Simon," a source told the New York Post.

"They know he would be great TV and would clash with the other judges, such as Ellen DeGeneres, and the contestants. Idol will do what it takes to sign him."

However, another source claimed that Stern is not ready to leave his 35-year career in radio.

Stern, the self-proclaimed "King of All Media", rose to fame in the 1980s and '90s for his morning radio programme on New York City's WXRK.

Perdita
27-02-2010, 06:17
Adam Lambert has apparently confirmed that he is to appear on this season's American Idol.

The singer, who finished as runner-up on the show last year, took to his Twitter page to tell fans that he will be performing on the series sometime in the near future.

He wrote: "Yes, I have been booked on Idol!"

Lambert added: "Can't reveal the date yet but it's a ways off... So excited."

DS

Perdita
05-03-2010, 07:11
John Park, Jermaine Sellers, Michelle Delamor and Haeley Vaughn have become the latest contestants to be eliminated from American Idol.

The semi-finalists were voted off the show during tonight's live results episode after receiving the lowest number of public votes for their performances.

The male performers had taken to the stage one day early this week, after Crystal Bowersox was unable to perform on Tuesday night because of a medical issue. She later recovered in time to join the Top 10 girls on Wednesday.

Tonight's instalment also saw the return of last season's finalist Danny Gokey, who performed his new single 'My Best Days Are Ahead of Me'.

Last week, Janell Wheeler, Joe Munoz, Ashley Rodriguez and Tyler Grady became the first contestants to get the boot following the public vote.

American Idol continues next Tuesday on Fox.

Perdita
12-03-2010, 08:14
Katelyn Epperly, Todrick Hall, Alex Lambert and Lilly Scott have become the latest four contestants to be eliminated from the ninth season of American Idol.

The singers were voted off the Fox competition tonight, after receiving the lowest number of public votes for their performances this week.

The Top 8 girls had performed on Tuesday night, with the Top 8 boys taking to the stage yesterday. Tonight's eliminations mean that the Top 12 finalists for the season have now been confirmed.

They are: Didi Benami, Crystal Bowersox, Lacey Brown, Siobhan Magnus, Paige Miles, Katie Stevens, Lee Dewyze, Andrew Garcia, Casey James, Aaron Kelly, Michael Lynche and Tim Urban.

Tonight's instalment also saw season eight finalists Scott MacIntyre and Matt Giraud return, with a performance of Billy Joel's 'Tell Her About It'.

American Idol continues next Tuesday on Fox.

tammyy2j
12-03-2010, 13:50
no one really stands out for me yet

Perdita
15-04-2010, 07:37
Andrew Garcia and Katie Stevens have become the latest contestants to be voted off American Idol.

Two artists went home as a consequence of the judges' decision to save Michael Lynche at the end of last week's results show.

Garcia seemingly failed to recapture the magic of his Hollywood Week acoustic performance of Paula Abdul's 'Straight Up'.

"It's like the coolness has been sucked out of you," judge Simon Cowell told him after last night's performance.

While the rest of the panellists praised Stevens's selection, Cowell found it "annoying" and the voters listened.

Tonight's programme also included a duet from Brooke White and Justin Gaston, as well as a performance from Idol runner-up Adam Lambert.

Perdita
15-04-2010, 12:55
Alicia Keys is the latest singer to sign on as an American Idol guest mentor.

The 'Empire State Of Mind' star will guide the Top 7 finalists on "inspirational songs" in next week's instalment of the Fox competition.

She will then perform on the Idol Gives Back special the following night, which will also see another singer eliminated from the show.

Other stars confirmed for the results episode include former Idol winner Carrie Underwood, The Black Eyed Peas, Annie Lennox, Jeff Beck, Joss Stone, Mary J. Blige, and the All-Star Band.

American Idol continues next Tuesday at 8/7c on Fox, with the two-hour Idol Gives Back airing the following night.

DS

lizann
19-04-2010, 11:34
Lady Gaga is returning to American Idol.

The pop singer is set to perform on Wednesday, May 5th.

No word yet on what she'll perform, but the Grammy winner offered a big hint when she announced the news on Twitter. "See you on American Idol. May 5th, Little Monsters," the pop singer wrote, while also linking to a recent live performance of her latest single, "Telephone."

The 24-year-old first appeared on the Idol stage in April of 2009, to perform her No. 1 hit, "Poker Face."

Here's hoping Beyonce, who is also featured on "Telephone," may be able to stop by to perform alongside Gaga for Simon Cowell and the gang.

Perdita
21-04-2010, 00:00
Christina Aguilera has apparently been confirmed to perform on American Idol.

The singer, who is gearing up for a promotional tour for her new album Bionic, is expected to feature on the season finale of the show next month.

An announcement was made via a post on her official Twitter, which read: "We've reached over 19,000 followers and this just in, Christina Aguilera will be performing on the American Idol finale!"

Aguilera has already arranged performances on VH1 Storytellers and The Oprah Winfrey Show, as well as a half-hour set at the TODAY summer concert on June 8, the same day she releases the LP.

Fox is yet to confirm her appearance on the Idol finale.

Idol continues tonight at 8/7c on Fox. Idol Gives Back airs tomorrow night at 8pm

Perdita
13-05-2010, 13:39
Michael Lynche has become the latest contestant to be voted off American Idol.

While his duet of 'Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?' with Casey James received rave reviews from the judges, trying to fill Michael Jackson's shoes on 'Will You Be There' proved to be the end of his run in the competition.

Earlier on in the season, his exit from Idol looked to be sealed by the public. However, the judges used their save option to keep him in the game.

Tonight's show also included performances from Bon Jovi, as well as former Idol contestants Chris Daughtry and Fantasia Barrino.

Remaining contenders James, Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox will next week take the traditional trip back to their hometowns.

American Idol continues next Tuesday at 8pm on Fox.

I like Crystal Bowersox

lizann
27-05-2010, 10:25
Lee won and I'm delighted he did