PDA

View Full Version : New Family in the Bay

Abigail
27-07-2009, 20:47
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6508/walker400x300156fepj.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/i/walker400x300156fepj.jpg/)

Dr Sid Walker (Robert Mammone)and his family are making a sea change. He is coming to take over Rachel's job at the hospital whilst she is on maternity leave. The kids Indigo (Samara Weaving) and Dexter (Tom Green) are not happy about the move from the city to Summer Bay, especially Indigo who feels cut off from her friends because her parents have confiscated her mobile phone, due to a $500 bill!

Jody Walker (Victoria Haralabidou) is looking for a fresh start and to put some distance between Sid and his philandering ways.

Abbie
27-07-2009, 22:10
she looks familliar :hmm:

A new doctor! I swear theres only been one at a time so far

Abigail
27-07-2009, 22:17
She looks like Indiana Evans who played Matilda.

I think we've had two doctors overlapping for a while when one was departing. As Rachel has just had the sprog we probably won't see her at work for a while and that's why there's a new doctor.

Abbie
28-07-2009, 02:13
Yeah thats true, I just hope she doesnt leave!

tammyy2j
28-07-2009, 11:41
Yes she looks like Indiana Evans

Abbie
28-07-2009, 13:35
Yeah she does! Its scary!

Abigail
30-07-2009, 20:50
Interview with Samara Weaving who plays Indigo

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/home-and-away/features/article/-/article/5762754/samara-weaving/

lizann
24-08-2009, 15:41
Does their mother arrive also?

Abigail
24-08-2009, 17:19
She does but only for one episode. She finds out Sid has had another affair and leaves.

They're only sticking around for five weeks.

Abbie
24-08-2009, 23:38
:eek: really? the whole family, only 5 weeks?

Abigail
24-08-2009, 23:39
Sid and the kids are only staying five weeks.

Nicole develops a crush on Sid and Indi falls through a table when she catches them kissing. There's a video clip on Twitter of it.

Abbie
24-08-2009, 23:40
:eek:

I was starting to like the family

Abbie
25-08-2009, 00:15
Sorry but what was the point in this family then?

Abigail
25-08-2009, 00:16
Maybe so we can see Nicole is coping in her own special way after Belle's death i.e. not at all. Also, Annie has a thing going on with Dexter so that kinda screws with Jai.

Abbie
25-08-2009, 00:21
I know but to bring in 3 new people just to do that

lizann
25-08-2009, 12:49
Are they not permanent?

Isnt Indigo suppose to be Aden's new love interest :confused:

Abbie
26-08-2009, 21:50
No, I never heard that

srollitt
28-08-2009, 15:08
Yeah she did and I figured out why- she played Kirsten in Out of the Blue

Abigail
27-04-2010, 11:57
It has been confirmed on bttb & SBJ that Sid, Dexter and Indigo returning. Samara has been seen filming so we should see her in a few months. Dexter has been recast.

This could tie in with Rachel leaving and Sid replacing her as the doctor.

tammyy2j
27-04-2010, 12:03
Why would they return to live with Sid after what happened?

Abigail
27-04-2010, 12:10
No idea, we will have to wait and see.

Dazzle
27-04-2010, 17:03
That's good news. I liked the family and wondered why they were in it for such a short time.

Perdita
26-06-2010, 17:48
Samara Weaving has insisted that she has no resemblance to her Home and Away character.

Speaking on the show's website, the actress admitted that her alter ego Indigo Walker possesses different personality traits, such as her confrontational attitude.

"She's just so different from me. She's so forward and not afraid to ask questions and confront," she said. "I'm a complete wuss when it comes to those sorts of things and I respect her for that."

"But perhaps some of those qualities will rub off on Samara, as she's keen for a long stint in the show," Weaving added. "I love playing Indigo Walker. She's a lot of fun and hopefully I get to play her for a while."

Dazzle
26-06-2010, 17:55
Dexter Walker will be played by a new actor.

Perdita
01-05-2011, 05:35
CHARLES Cottier admits he loves working with Aussie sexpot Samara Weaving – but is gutted she plays his on-screen sister.

For the 18-year-old actor who plays Dexter Walker in the hit Channel 5 soap, will never get to enjoy steamy scenes with the gorgeous blonde.

Charles said: “Samara is great. We always have such a laugh when we film together. But with her playing Dex’s sister Indigo, there’s no chance of us ever having to snog for the cameras.

“She’s brilliant to work with and we get along really well.”

Charles says his character is set for more run-ins with the River Boys.

He added: “I wish he had the guts to get revenge on them but he’s not like that.

“He’ll do a lot of cursing in the safety of his bedroom.”

Daily Star Sunday

Perdita
20-06-2011, 20:28
Home and Away star Samara Weaving has opened up about the early days of her acting career, admitting that she learned humility after making her soap debut on Out of the Blue.

The actress, now best known for playing Summer Bay's Indigo Walker, portrayed schoolgirl Kirsten Mulroney on the Sydney-based drama three years ago.

Out of the Blue was produced in Australia for the BBC but only ran for one series, consisting of 130 episodes.

Reflecting on her first regular role, Weaving told The Daily Telegraph: "I was 17, on TV, and kind of thought, 'I'm awesome, why don't you treat me like an adult?'

"I was arrogant. I was the youngest on the show and scared, and covered it with this confident veneer. And then I went back to school, and was just a student and teenager again."

Discussing how things had changed when she landed her regular role as Indi, she continued: "I'd matured because of three massive things - I finished school, moved to Sydney and started Home and Away. Nobody told me to pull my head in. I knew you can't act like that."

Indi is one of the characters who will feature in Home and Away's special Hawaii episodes, which are about to hit screens in Australia.

alan45
24-06-2011, 00:51
© Five
Samara Weaving has revealed that she likes men with English accents.

The 19-year-old Australian actress, who is best known for playing Indigo Walker in Home and Away, said that she would love to find a "quirky" boyfriend because she has a "weird" personality.

Weaving told OK magazine: "I love boys with English accents. I'm so quirky and weird, so I need a weirdo to hang out with!"

She also revealed that it would feel "weird" to date a Home and Away fan but she would consider it if "they're nice".

Weaving's character is currently dating Romeo Smith, played by actor Luke Mitchell, who is in a relationship with Weaving's co-star Rebecca Breeds (Ruby Buckton). She said: "We keep it professional and we're all friends.

"I'm sure it's not the best to know that your boyfriend is kissing another girl but she's realistic about it and she's my friend."

Weaving and Mitchell have also previously described their upcoming proposal scenes on the show as "weird", while he has said that he finds on-screen kissing awkward.

Weaving recently revealed that she was a bit "arrogant" when she was cast in failed Australian soap Out of the Blue. She has said in the past that she first got into acting to help her overcome extreme shyness.