PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Allen

~Sooz~
04-06-2005, 12:48
I think with Johnny offering to buy Dot and Jim's Council House, does anyone else agree that we are now going to see the bad side of Johnny emerging again - lets face it he's doing it for his own gain - its a well known scam that's been around for years tricking pensioners etc into selling their property in return for living rent free and when they die they have nothing to leave, their money is in the hands of a con artist.

I think EE has concentrated on showing us the other side of Johnny so we get to know him and now its time for the baddie to come back?

Anyone any thoughts?

.:SpIcYsPy:.
04-06-2005, 14:21
I really want to know what's his plan. Its not securing his pension or whatever he's securing...

squarelady
04-06-2005, 14:28
He may be doing it for his own gain now but he changes him tune next work and makes an attempt to turn everything around. He said what he wanted from the deal, to build up properties in Walford.

I think they have shown us both sides of Johnny. Over the next couple of weeks I think they'll show him making a conscience effort to get on track for Tina (that will be apparent in next weeks episodes with Jake and Danny) and then something is going to happen that will force him to go back into the darker side of his character.

Johnny is alot of things but he's not a con artist.

~Sooz~
05-06-2005, 16:52
He may be doing it for his own gain now but he changes him tune next work and makes an attempt to turn everything around. He said what he wanted from the deal, to build up properties in Walford.

I think they have shown us both sides of Johnny. Over the next couple of weeks I think they'll show him making a conscience effort to get on track for Tina (that will be apparent in next weeks episodes with Jake and Danny) and then something is going to happen that will force him to go back into the darker side of his character.

Johnny is alot of things but he's not a con artist.

I wasn't saying Johnny was a con artist, I was referring to the types of scams you read about where it is con artists doing the same kind of thing.

Treacle
05-06-2005, 16:54
It could be a con but I don't think he'd have the heart to throw Dot out of her own home. He seems to know her from the past :)

Of course he's buying the house for himself (his property portfolio) but it's a fair deal :D

~Sooz~
05-06-2005, 16:58
I know it seems a fair deal and I dont think for a minute he'd throw Dot out, but its the kind of thing you read about, doing pensioners (or their families more like once they pass away!) out of the equity on their house (even though Dot's is a council house) and it does seem fair but I'm not 100% convinced it is. I just feel there must be something behind it.

Treacle
05-06-2005, 17:07
Not really, obviously it's his house when they die (although I think it would be funny if Dot innocently took his suggestion as good will and thought that he was just buying them an house and then Dot and Jim leave it to Sonia and Martin) but that's a fair bargain. They get to have an happier life and he gets an house when they're gone :)

Debs
05-06-2005, 17:19
i dont think he is trying to con them! he just sees a good way of getting more property and helping them out at the same time!!

squarelady
05-06-2005, 17:55
...their money is in the hands of a con artist.

Sounded like you were calling him a con artist to me! :searchme:

Treacle
05-06-2005, 17:56
Johnny knows Dorothy too well to do that.