PDA

View Full Version : The Apprentice 2010

Perdita
22-07-2009, 15:28
The BBC Trust has said that the 2010 series of The Apprentice may be rescheduled if it clashes with a general election.

Sir Alan Sugar took a seat in the House Of Lords on Monday and has been appointed as enterprise tsar for the government by Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

Critics of the appointment have claimed that Sugar's new post may clash with the BBC's rules on political impartiality.

Trust chairman Sir Michael Lyons has insisted that Sugar's two roles do not breach the broadcaster's editorial guidelines, but admitted that it should operate with "sensitivity" and "must give due consideration to the implications of showing the programmes in the months immediately before a general election".

Conservative MP Jeremy Hunt commented: "It's amazing that the Trust has therefore not explained why licence fee payers should fund a programme hosted by someone who will help formulate, promote, and endorse government policies.

"The trust has disappointingly missed an opportunity to show it has teeth when it comes to enforcing impartiality obligations."

A BBC spokesperson said: "When elections are called or are clearly imminent, we review all of our schedules to ensure that our output is suitable for transmission during that period. If the next general election falls in the first part of 2010, the executive will, of course, bear the Trust's view in mind when it considers when to transmit the next series of The Apprentice."

The Apprentice and the inaugural Junior Apprentice are expected to air in March 2010.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/theapprentice/a166677/2010-apprentice-could-be-rescheduled.html

Perdita
10-11-2009, 13:36
The sixth series of Alan Sugar's The Apprentice has been rescheduled to take place in the summer.

Lord Sugar's show will clash with Channel 4 reality series Big Brother, which traditionally airs in late May or early June, according to The Guardian.

The moves comes after the BBC was criticised for political impartiality by allowing Sugar to continue with the show following his appointment to the House of Lords as an enterprise tsar.

The BBC ruled that Sugar could remain on the reality series, but said that it would reconsider the scheduling if it clashed with the run-up to a general election. The business reality show normally kicks off in March and runs for three months.

Spinoff show Junior Apprentice will also be pushed back.

"The Apprentice and Junior Apprentice have been moved back to the summer in order to avoid having a break in the run of either show should a general election be called," confirmed a BBC spokesperson.

Former restaurateur Yasmina Siadatan triumphed on last year's series, claiming a £100,000-a-year job working for Sugar as her prize.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/theapprentice/news/a186139/2010-apprentice-pushed-back-to-summer.html

Hannelene
14-11-2009, 16:06
Can't wait for the new series I just hope they have a better mix of contestants next time around!

Perdita
28-12-2009, 18:52
Katie Price has reportedly put her name forward to make a guest appearance in the next series of The Apprentice.

The reality TV star, who was recently paid £350,000 to reprise her role in ITV1's I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!, was allegedly in a conversation with show boss Sir Alan Sugar and Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden.

Price, 31, is quoted by The Sun as saying: "I'm not the brightest but I know how money works."

Holden, 38, is said to have originally asked: "Why don't you hire Katie for one of the tasks next year?"

The 62-year-old businessman then reportedly responded that he thought the former glamour model could be an "asset to the show".

In November, the BBC announced that The Apprentice - as well as its first ever spin-off series Junior Apprentice - had been pushed back to summer 2010 because of May's potential general election.

The move was made following the controversy of Sugar's government appointment as "enterprise tsar".

Perdita
25-03-2010, 10:27
The sixth series of The Apprentice may be delayed until 2011, say tabloid reports.

Sir Alan Sugar's BBC One reality series was expected to air in the summer after being pushed back in the schedules to avoid a clash with the upcoming general election.

The move came after the BBC was criticised for political partiality by allowing Sugar to continue with the show following his appointment to the House of Lords as an enterprise tsar.

However, according to The Sun, the show's air date may be postponed again if the election result leaves a hung parliament with none of the main parties holding an outright majority.

"The Apprentice lasts for three months so it will prove very hard to find a slot for it this year if there is a hung Parliament," said a source.

It is not known whether new spinoff show Junior Apprentice will also be affected by the alterations.

Perdita
11-06-2010, 16:34
Dara O'Briain has been confirmed as the new host of The Apprentice: You're Fired.

The comedian landed the role after Adrian Chiles left the BBC for ITV.

"I'm delighted to be stepping into the chair for this," O'Briain said. "As a comedian, I've spent my entire career asking people, 'What do you do for a living?'

"It can't be too much of a stretch to add the words 'now that you know you're not getting this job' at the end of the question."

Meanwhile, BBC Two controller Janice Hadlow said: "I'm thrilled to have Dara on board. His unique style of quick-witted banter is ideally suited to the job of probing the latest casualty of Lord Sugar's infamous firing finger."

The Apprentice is scheduled to return later this year.

lizann
11-06-2010, 16:43
He is funny

LostVoodoo
11-06-2010, 18:33
i think he'll be good. does anyone know when it'll actually be on? last i heard was November 2010 but seems like waaaay too long off!

Siobhan
07-10-2010, 10:21
So 1st one last night and it was good.. looking forward to see the rest of it... Dan was the right one to be fired and that blonde girl with the glasses is really annoying.. I am on cloud nine as I have double apprentice (Irish one on Monday's, Uk one on Wednesday). UK one is better as Lord Alan is fantastic...

Also watched You're fired with the lovely Dara... so funny :lol:

moonstorm
07-10-2010, 10:26
Really enjoyed last nights episode! Wanted to punch that blonde girl!

Siobhan
07-10-2010, 10:31
Ok..some of the things she said was right, like going with the gormet sausage but most of it was verbal diarrhea... and there was a much better way of saying what she did.. she was all mouth and then when asked if she wanted to be PM, she was like No!
But Dan was more Hitler than a leader.. selling sausages door to door :lol: "do you want to buy some sausage" into a house intercom.. classic moment of the night!! That and Lord Alan telling him to sit up straight!

Perdita
02-11-2010, 05:57
FORMER Apprentice star Margaret Mountford is returning to the show, TV Biz can reveal.
The eagle-eyed lawyer has agreed to grill this year's crop of show-offs in the final rounds of the BBC1 reality show.

In a neat twist she will take on the role usually filled by Karren Brady, who took her job as one of Lord Alan Sugar's sidekicks.

The other is Nick Hewer.

A source said: "It's great to have her back and I think she has missed being on the show.

"It's a nice cameo for her because the interviews are a notoriously tough part of the show and she is one tough cookie.

"They will not be able to pull the wool over her eyes."

After five series Margaret, 58, decided to quit the show last year to concentrate on a PhD study of ancient manuscripts

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3207311/Margaret-Mountford-is-back-with-Lord-Alan-Sugar.html#ixzz146NNxn2m

Chloe O'brien
02-11-2010, 09:53
It will be fab to see Margaret back.

Siobhan
02-11-2010, 10:04
It will be fab to see Margaret back.

Yeah.. I am looking forward to this... So far the series has been really good...

remmy8788
18-11-2010, 10:41
I liked the series of the apprentice. I am at present following the series on the internet. It's exciting and full of fun.

Siobhan
18-11-2010, 10:45
I liked the series of the apprentice. I am at present following the series on the internet. It's exciting and full of fun.

I am loving it too.. that guy Baggs.. should have gone last night.. he is so lucky his team won...

Perdita
25-11-2010, 05:45
Ex-Royal Marine commando Christopher Farrell became the eighth Apprentice candidate fired by Lord Alan Sugar this evening.

Despite it being Farrell's first time in a boardroom final three, the 28-year-old failed to persuade Sugar that he was the right man to work for his company.

Earlier in the show, Farrell had been part of a Chris Bates-led Team Synergy, who lost out in a crisp flavour sales task which was based in Germany.

Synergy only racked up €17,995 (£15,238) of sales compared to Stella English's Team Apollo, who earned €19,327 (£16,366). English, Joanna Riley, Stuart Baggs and Laura Moore were rewarded with a glitzy shopping trip around Mayfair for their efforts in the task.

Project manager Bates appeared deflated in the boardroom and seemed unsure whether he could survive another battle with Sugar, having been on the losing team for the sixth time.

However, when it came down to finding out who was to blame for the task, Sugar challenged Farrell and Jamie Lester for putting off a client appointment until 1pm, which they ended up losing to their rivals, who snapped up an earlier meeting.

Karren Brady also criticised the boys' sales technique on the task, commenting: "You did try hard, so hard in fact that you annoyed the guy. You upset him, he found you quite unprofessional. I think he could smell your desperation."

Delivering his final verdict, Sugar said: "Jamie, I don't think on this task you were very well organised and you can talk until you're blue in the face but you're not going to convince me of that either.

"Chris, what can I say about someone who has been on a losing team so many times? I'm not sure whether I can risk it anymore.

"However, Christopher, you do work hard, there's no question of that. My concern is that you perhaps don't have that spark of entrepreneurial genius that I'm looking for. You're not for my organisation so - you're fired!"

Speaking afterwards, a deflated Farrell said: "[I'm] absolutely gutted to have gone. I think I could have got a lot further but it's something which I’m going to have to deal with, learn from and overcome."

The Apprentice continues next Wednesday at 9pm on BBC One.

parkerman
02-12-2010, 17:36
I'm really getting to like Stuart in spite of my previous misgivings. I think it would be great if he won.

Siobhan
02-12-2010, 18:01
glad Laura left last night.. she was annoying me so much.. they are totally different people on the "you're fired" program...

Katy
02-12-2010, 22:24
they really are! it shows what the pressure of the tv must do to them. Stela and Liz really started winding each other up at the end.

Chris_2k11
02-12-2010, 23:17
Stela and Liz really started winding each other up at the end.
haha that was so awkward! never seen Liz like that before

Siobhan
03-12-2010, 09:32
I can see Liz or Jamie winning this... possible Chris (or as I call him "Tim, nice but dim")

parkerman
09-12-2010, 09:53
Sorry to see Liz go last night.

I think the real problem was that of the six left at the start of the programme the one to go should have been Joanna, but, of course, she was in the winning team, so someone else had to go. The other five, in my opinion, were by far the best and should all have survived to the interviews.

I think Lord Sugar sees a lot of his younger self in Stuart and that's why he's kept him in.

Siobhan
09-12-2010, 09:56
I was real sorry to see Liz go too.. Baggs pulled it out of the bag.. his "keep me" speech in the Boardroom was great.. I just hope for his sake it is true... if he really did do it all by himself and be that successful at 21 then fair play to the man... Can't wait for the interview stage next week.. they are always good.

Chris_2k11
09-12-2010, 11:11
Yeah shame Liz went.

I loved it when Lord Sugar went "Thats an absolutely outrageous promise!" to Stuart promising him millions in the bank and there was Stella and Liz laughing their heads off :D brill!

Chloe O'brien
09-12-2010, 12:29
The Interview stage is going to be classic. Did you see the Clip were Stuart went into the interview room and see Margaret and said "Hiya Margaret, how you doing" Did you see the look she gave him. She is going to rip his heart out and stamp all over it. :lol:

Katy
11-12-2010, 10:00
we were just talking about that look!

Perdita
15-12-2010, 10:29
A man in his thirties was reportedly caught masturbating in a library - while reading Lord Alan Sugar's autobiography.

The Sun reports that the unidentified man was observed acting strangely while browsing the business section of Crawley Library last week.

Staff saw him choose What You See Is What You Get before he covered his lap with his coat and proceeded to touch himself.

"He spent about 20 minutes looking through the books in the business section before selecting Alan Sugar's autobiography," a source said. "He was behaving rather oddly so we kept an eye on him and then he just sat down with his coat over his lap and started pleasuring himself as he looked through the book.

"It was very bizarre behaviour and our security guys got a hold of him before too many people saw what he was doing."

Security guards detained the man before police arrived and held him on suspicion of outraging public decency. He has since been cautioned and banned from using the library. :banned:

Commenting on Twitter, Lord Sugar told one follower: "Took me to seriously when I said cum and get it (sic)"

:eek: :eek:

Perdita
16-12-2010, 05:54
Lord Sugar fired three Apprentice candidates after tonight's semi-final interviews challenge.

Sugar's closest aides and work colleagues Bordan Tkachuk, Alan Watts, Claude Littner and Margaret Mountford grilled the final five candidates before the millionaire boss decided on the two applicants who would go through to this weekend's finale.

Stuart Baggs was the first hopeful to be given the axe by Sugar. He was described as a "blagger" by Tkachuck after he discovered an exaggeration on his CV about his telecommunications business on the Isle of Man.

Before firing Baggs, Sugar vented his anger that he had let the 21-year-old come so far in the competition, admitting that he may have got it wrong when he gave Liz Locke the chop last week.

"The thing is, my four advisers looked at me and said that you're full of s**t basically, and possibly you have been throughout the whole course of this process," said Sugar.

"What annoys me more is that if I've misunderstood you with your claims and everything else you said you've done, and someone like Liz left the process last week, I feel more sick. I don't believe a word you say, Stuart. I'm annoyed with myself. I've been annoyed with myself that you have been able to come this far through the process. Stuart, you are fired!"

Speaking afterwards, Baggs said: "I'm feeling gutted that I'm fired. I thought I was the perfect candidate for the job. Even more so because of the dramatic way that I've been fired. I thought it was entirely unfair and I think everyone may have had a complete lack of understanding of what I'm about."

Sugar was far gentler in his dismissal of Joanna Riley, who he applauded for her hard work and effort during the series. However, he eventually let her go, claiming that she should continue building her own cleaning company.

"We all admire what you have done here and I'm going to give you what I think is the best bit of advice," he said. "While you don't like what you are doing at the moment, get to like it and do more of it. Because with regret, I can't see where you slot in our organisation. But you leave here with your head held high. You've done very well. Joanna. I'm sorry to say, you are fired."

The last candidate fired was Jamie Lester, who Sugar accused of having a "blame culture", while some of Sugar's aides suggested that he lacked confidence. He told the former estate agent bluntly that he had "reached the end of the road".

Former Nottingham University student Chris Bates and mother-of-two Stella English have progressed to the final, which will see them compete in a task to create a new alcohol brand.

The Apprentice final airs on Sunday on BBC One.

Siobhan
16-12-2010, 09:30
Stuarts sacking was the best I have ever seen on the apprentice... and You're fired was so funny... can't wait for final on Sunday

moonstorm
16-12-2010, 09:41
Stuart's sacking was quite spectacular, thought Lord Sugar was going to punch him at one point! Stella to win.

Siobhan
16-12-2010, 09:45
Stuart's sacking was quite spectacular, thought Lord Sugar was going to punch him at one point! Stella to win.

I like Stella but sometimes she has a look about her that says she is going to trod on you to get to the top.. Tim nice but dim is quiet intellegent.. really thought Lord Alan would have kept Jamie...
I think Lord Sugar was just pissed off more with that fact that he bought Stuart's lies and let Liz go... I loved his comment "All my advisor basically all think you are crap" :lol:

Chloe O'brien
16-12-2010, 09:46
The funniest sacking yet. Nothing short of what he deserved. Yet he still thinks he is faultless. I hope Stella wins.

Chris_2k11
16-12-2010, 13:29
"I'm Stuart Baggs The Brand, what on earth are you talking about?!" :rotfl:

Siobhan
17-12-2010, 15:04
for those of you who missed it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UpWA1B-Jx8&feature=related

parkerman
22-12-2010, 12:16
So, what do we all think about the final outcome?

I think in terms of this being a competition, Stella was the right choice. There is no doubt she "won" the competition as the best all-round business woman with the most skills. However, given that Lord Sugar makes the point that he is looking for someone prepared to take risks I can't help thinking that in other circumstances he may have taken on Chris rather than Stella, who is definitely the more steady of the two and less prone to take risks. Chris could be a great asset. He is young and prepared to "think outside the box" (to use a dreadful jargon phrase!)

Still, good luck to her, she did deserve to win and it was good to see that Lord Sugar also offered Chris a job as well in the follow-up programme.

P.S. I quite liked Stuart....

Incidentally, does anyone know what's happened to all the previous winners?

Siobhan
22-12-2010, 12:21
So, what do we all think about the final outcome?

I think in terms of this being a competition, Stella was the right choice. There is no doubt she \"won\" the competition as the best all-round business woman with the most skills. However, given that Lord Sugar makes the point that he is looking for someone prepared to take risks I can't help thinking that in other circumstances he may have taken on Chris rather than Stella, who is definitely the more steady of the two and less prone to take risks. Chris could be a great asset. He is young and prepared to \"think outside the box\" (to use a dreadful jargon phrase!)

Still, good luck to her, she did deserve to win and it was good to see that Lord Sugar also offered Chris a job as well in the follow-up programme.

P.S. I quite liked Stuart....

Incidentally, does anyone know what's happened to all the previous winners?

I was not sure about Stella but she did deliver in the final task and as you said, Alan Sugar did say his door was always open to chris

I know one of the previous winner got pregnant by one of the other fellow contestants, had a miscarraige and left the company.. haven't heard about any of the others.

here is a link about all the candidates: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/05/12/where-are-the-apprentices-now-115875-21351187/

Perdita
09-10-2011, 10:16
Apprentice winner Stella English has been fired by Lord Alan Sugar.

English, who won the £100,000-a-year position in 2010, was told ten days ago that her contract would not be renewed

"I'm gutted. This was my dream and I had worked so hard for it, suddenly it's all over," she told The Sunday Mirror. "I have to stand up for myself. I don't want to be seen as *another failed Apprentice. I respect Lord Sugar, I was trying to make him proud."

Problems began in September 2010 when English began a three-month trial at Sugar's IT firm Viglen, to help decide the winner of The Apprentice.

She felt her responsibilities didn't match her job description, and when she confronted Sugar he told her: "I'll tell you the feedback, shall I? Nice girl, don't do a lot."

When English gave him a presentation of the work she'd done for the company, Sugar replied: "I can tell you, you ain't got any support here. You get put into a company. People have been there a long time and they know what you're earning. It's a lot of jealousy."

She was officially chosen as the winner in December and started permanently at Viglen, but was apparently told: "The cameras have stopped rolling, welcome to the real world, there is no job."

English admitted that her "jaw hit the floor" when she was given a junior position replacing someone who had recently left the business, reporting to a manager paid a fraction of her salary.

She resigned in May, claiming to have "never been more miserable in my adult life", but was found a new role at set-top box firm YouView, where Lord Sugar is part-time non-executive chairman.

However, on September 28 at YouView's HQ, Sugar informed her: "Your *contract's up at the end of December and I don't know what to do with you after that because that's it, so you might think about what you want to do. I've met my obligations to you as far as I'm concerned, you were happy to walk out on me, weren't you?"

English told the paper: "What I took offence at was feeling my new job was just PR for the show. That was the nail in the coffin, every last bit of loyalty just went."

She has since handed her notice in and will leave before her contract ends in December.

A source close to Sugar said she "constantly complained" about being in debt despite her £100,000 salary, adding that she was "not as good as she thinks".

The source added that Sugar's team had worked hard to protect English from claims her boyfriend had criminal links to London's underworld.