PDA

View Full Version : Paula Abdul quits American Idol

Perdita
21-07-2009, 05:56
ANGRY judge Paula Abdul last night stunned American Idol fans by announcing she will not be returning for the new series.
The ex-pop star, 47, had been locked in a bitter pay row.

She was furious her contract still had not been renewed even though auditions for the latest series of the singing hit start on August 6.

Last night her manager David Sonenberg accused Idol bosses of being "rude and disrespectful" - and announced Paula won't be back on the judging panel. The decision comes after Idol host Ryan Seacrest signed a £27million, three-year deal to make him the world's highest-earning TV presenter.

Paula's fellow judges Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson have also been signed up for the ninth series, Mr Sonenberg said: "Very sadly, it does not appear that she's going to be back on Idol."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2545665/Paula-Abdul-out-of-American-Idol.html

He accused the production companies of being "unnecessarily hurtful" to American Paula.

He added: "I find it rude and disrespectful that they've not stepped up and said what they want to do.

"Paula's not a happy camper as a result of what's going on. She's hurt. She's angry."

Cowell had claimed recently: "Everyone's going to be back. Absolutely."

Singer-songwriter Kara DioGuardi, who joined the panel last year, is still waiting for an offer from the show's production companies FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment.

Abbie
21-07-2009, 21:26
Aww I like her as a judge, I never really watch this, but when I bored I will watch the audtions