PDA

View Full Version : Girls Aloud not splitting up for good

Perdita
14-07-2009, 12:10
Sarah Harding has confirmed that she is in talks to record solo material for the upcoming St. Trinian's movie soundtrack.

The Girls Aloud singer, who landed a part in St Trinian's: The Legend of Fritton's earlier this year, insisted that she has not turned her back on her music career.

"I'm still going to do music. It's my first love. I want to concentrate on acting, but it's not going to stop me from doing some writing," she told Heat.

"I may be doing some work on the St. Trinian's soundtrack, as well as appearing in it, which is exciting."

Harding stressed that she is still committed to Girls Aloud, despite the group taking an extended break.

"We're not splitting up, we're just taking time out. It's been six years and we all wanted to explore different ideas," she said.

"We'll probably start doing another album next year. We've been on a treadmill for six years, so we needed a break."

The group recorded the theme tune and made a brief cameo appearance in 2008's St. Trinian's.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a165069/sarah-harding-to-work-on-solo-material.html

I wonder whether they will ever get back to singing together though. Although I for one won't miss them terribly, there are better girl bands around now imo.

Chris_2k11
14-07-2009, 12:37
I wonder whether they will ever get back to singing together though. Although I for one won't miss them terribly, there are better girl bands around now imo.Who do you prefer? :) I think they've been the best for a while tbh. I'm glad their having a break, they deserve it. and im sure they'll be back afterwards, they've signed up to do more albums anyway.

Perdita
14-07-2009, 13:44
The Saturdays for example, I prefer them at the moment

sindydoll
14-07-2009, 22:16
well we know there not splitting up they have signed another 5 albums havnt they? or something like that plus another tour too

sindydoll
17-09-2009, 11:39
Nadine Coyle has reportedly been feeling "the odd one out" during rehearsals for Girls Aloud's support slot with Coldplay this weekend.
The group, who are currently on a one-year hiatus, reunited earlier this week to prepare for the live shows but Coyle is allegedly struggling to fit back into the band.
"Nadine was tense because she feels out of touch," a source told The Sun.
"They always bond when they're together but Nadine feels the odd one out. They are true professionals, though, and always put on a good show."
According to recent reports, three record labels are currently (http://www.soapboards.co.uk/music/a167372/coyle-creating-more-buzz-than-cole.html) bidding to release Coyle's solo album, due out next year.
The Irish singer moved to Los Angeles last year, where she owns a Mexican restaurant and a scented candle shop.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a177793/girls-aloud-nadine-feeling-left-out.html

Abbie
18-09-2009, 23:06
Im glad they are not splitting for good :D

I mean Destinys child have gone on breaks and then come back again :D

Abbie
18-09-2009, 23:07
The Saturdays for example, I prefer them at the moment

Well ok, but tbh The Saturdays are pretty much the only other girl band around

Chris_2k11
18-09-2009, 23:33
Long may the girls reign!! :cheer: :thumbsup:

sindydoll
19-09-2009, 09:33
http://order.universalmusic.co.uk/girlsaloud/

the fan edition is pictures that fans had to send in of their snaps at the concerts my daughter was gutted because she had her camera taken off her at the door and she was 5 rows back

sindydoll
21-09-2009, 22:15
i will be suprised if cheryl cole goes back next year

no1abbafan
21-09-2009, 23:31
I went to see Coldplay at the weekend and had to suffer this "band" - they cannot sing live - I am sorry but they were useless, couldn't hold a tune, all they could do was gyrate on stage. Completely ruined the night for me, what was Chris Martin thinking of. :wall:

sindydoll
22-09-2009, 09:55
I went to see Coldplay at the weekend and had to suffer this "band" - they cannot sing live - I am sorry but they were useless, couldn't hold a tune, all they could do was gyrate on stage. Completely ruined the night for me, what was Chris Martin thinking of. :wall:
he was thinking its the only way of filling the stadium!!

Trinity
22-09-2009, 13:47
I read the title of this thread and though, 'Oh, that is a shame'.