PDA

View Full Version : National TV Awards 2010

Perdita
14-07-2009, 06:14
LEGEND Sir Trevor McDonald has quit the National Television Awards after 13 years - and X Factor hotshot Dermot O'Leary will fill his shoes.

In March TV Biz revealed the glitzy awards bash was facing the axe by cash-strapped ITV chiefs.

Now they have struck a deal where they can afford to air the ceremony - but have postponed it until January 2010.

The deal with Indigo Television moves the event from Royal Albert Hall to the O2 in Greenwich, South East London.

Newsman Sir Trevor, 69, stepped aside and Dermot, 36, was brought in to jazz things up. He admits taking over from Sir Trevor is his most daunting challenge yet.

But he told The Sun: "It's a genuine honour and I'm really looking forward to it. The NTAs have always been one of British TV's biggest nights.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2533571/Dermot-replaces-Sir-Trev-at-gongs.html

Chloe O'brien
14-07-2009, 21:43
I got an email about this today. I don't know why they're moving the awards to January they should leave them in October.

Perdita
05-01-2010, 12:18
DS presents a complete list of the nominees for the 2010 National Television Awards. The ceremony will be shown on January 20 at 7.30pm on ITV1.

Entertainment Programme
Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway
Big Brother
I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
The Paul O'Grady Show

Star Travel Documentary
Billy Connolly: Journey To The Edge Of The World
Joanna Lumley In The Land Of The Northern Lights
Piers Morgan On... Dubai
Stephen Fry In America

Newcomer
Bronagh Waugh - Hollyoaks
Craig Gazey - Coronation Street
James Sutton - Emmerdale
Neil McDermott - EastEnders

Comedy Programme
Benidorm
Gavin And Stacey
Harry Hill's TV Burp
The Inbetweeners

Serial Drama Performance
Gray O'Brien Coronation Street
Katherine Kelly Coronation Street
Lacey Turner EastEnders
Simon Gregson Coronation Street

Entertainment Presenter
Ant & Dec
Holly Willoughby
Michael McIntyre
Paul O'Grady

Drama Performance
David Jason - A Touch Of Frost
David Tennant - Doctor Who
David Threlfall - Shameless
Philip Glenister - Ashes to Ashes/Demons

Factual Programme
Come Dine With Me
Loose Women
The Apprentice
Top Gear

Drama
Casualty
Doctor Who
Shameless
The Bill

Talent Show
Britain's Got Talent
Dancing On Ice
Strictly Come Dancing
The X Factor

Serial Drama
Coronation Street
EastEnders
Emmerdale
Hollyoaks

lizann
05-01-2010, 12:26
I hope Come Dine With Me wins

Perdita
05-01-2010, 12:35
I voted for CDWM :D

tammyy2j
05-01-2010, 16:58
Ant and Dec are up for three gongs at this year's National Television Awards - facing tough competition from themselves in one category.

The Geordie pair are nominated for Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway - as well as I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! - for best entertainment programme.

The category also includes Big Brother, which is being axed this year after a decade, and The Paul O'Grady Show, which saw its host bid an emotional farewell to viewers last month.

In the talent show category, The X Factor takes on Strictly Come Dancing, Britain's Got Talent and Dancing On Ice. Strictly waltzed off with the trophy last year.

The entertainment presenter section sees Ant and Dec battle it out with O'Grady and first-time NTA shortlisters Holly Willoughby and Michael McIntyre.

Three Davids - A Touch Of Frost star Sir David Jason, David Tennant, who regenerated into Matt Smith in Doctor Who on New Year's Day, and Shameless actor David Threlfall - take on Philip Glenister of Ashes To Ashes in the drama performance nominations list.

The serial drama performance category includes three Coronation Street stars - Gray O'Brien, Katherine Kelly and Simon Gregson - against EastEnder Lacey Turner.

The final round of voting is open for the awards, which will be handed out on January 20 at London's O2 arena.

The ceremony will be hosted for the first time by Dermot O'Leary, and broadcast live on ITV1 from 7.30pm.

Abbie
05-01-2010, 22:41
Ive voted :D :D

Abigail
06-01-2010, 00:17
I got an email about this the other day. I voted although some of the nominees and categories seem strange. Holly Willoughby as entertainment presenter and star travel documentary?

I hope CDWM wins, it deserves some recognition for the humour it provides. Dave Lamb should win an award for best narrator.

Perdita
12-01-2010, 11:40
John & Edward have been booked to perform at the 15th National Television Awards.

The X Factor duo, who made it to the live performances stage on the reality series, will take to the stage Wednesday, January 20 for their first performance since being booted off the ITV1 show.

The Irish Grimes twins, whose X Factor performances included 'Oops I Did It Again', 'We Will Rock You' and 'Ghostbusters', will perform to a crowd of around 20,000 people. Details of the track they will be performing on the night are being kept under wraps.

For the first time in its 15-year history, the Awards will take place at the 02 arena and will be presented by X Factor host Dermot O'Leary.

DS

Chris_2k11
12-01-2010, 11:41
I hope Come Dine With Me wins
Me too :thumbsup:

Abbie
12-01-2010, 15:23
Their should be a narration award! :lol:

Perdita
18-01-2010, 14:26
Dermot O'Leary has revealed that he would like Maggie Jones to be awarded a posthumous prize at this year's National Television Awards.

The presenter, who will front this year's ceremony, argued that Jones deserves recognition for her performances as Blanche Hunt in Coronation Street.

Jones passed away at the age of 75 last month following a period of ill health. She had made her first appearance on the Weatherfield soap in 1974.

Speaking about the NTAs in an interview with We Love Telly, O'Leary commented: "I'd like to see Maggie Jones get something. She was such a legend and so brilliant that it would be nice to do something for her."

On the battle for the 'Best Serial Drama' award, he added: "I watch both the biggies. EastEnders does drama brilliantly but Corrie is funnier, so I couldn't pick a winner from either of them."

The National Television Awards will air live on Wednesday at 7.30pm on ITV1.

DS

They should honour her in this way :cheer:

Perdita
19-01-2010, 12:28
Arlene Phillips will perform a dance routine to a Christina Aguilera track at the NTAs tomorrow night.

The 66-year-old choreographer will be joined by the final ten So You Think You Can Dance stars for a performance at the O2 arena.

Phillips will be dressed in an Alexander McQueen dress and will use song 'Ain't No Other Man' as the soundtrack. Her former Strictly Come Dancing co-stars, who are up for the 'Talent Show' award, are expected to be in the audience.

X Factor's John & Edward and Joe McElderry will also perform at the event, which is hosted by Dermot O'Leary.

The National Television Awards will broadcast live at 7.30pm tomorrow night on ITV1.

DS