PDA

View Full Version : BBC Children In Need 2009

lizann
09-07-2009, 15:47
John Barrowman and Myleene Klass will travel around the world to help raise money for this year's BBC Children In Need, it has been announced.

Around The World In 80 Days sees six pairs of celebrities race against the clock to re-enact the odysseys of Phileas Fogg and Michael Palin.

The first leg will be completed by comedians Frank Skinner and Lee Mack, Apprentice stars Nick Hewer and Saira Khan will be tackling leg two, followed by Countryfile presenters Julia Bradbury and Matt Baker, who are completing leg three.

The final three parts of the challenge will be attempted by celebrity pairs comprising of Bill Turnbull and Louise Michin, John Barrowman and Myleene Klass, and Shane Richie and Josie Lawrence.

Each pair must pass on a baton - comprising a GPS phone and satellite tracker - when they meet the next duo.

Having already completed the first leg, Skinner said of the experience: "It nearly killed me. And our leg was supposed to be the easiest. I'll always treasure my four minutes in Slovakia."

His travel partner Lee Mack added: "Going across Europe overland was a great way to help Children In Need, and by going with Frank Skinner I also felt I was contributing to help the aged."

Abbie
13-07-2009, 22:34
This sounds fun

sindydoll
14-07-2009, 07:43
wonder if pudsy is going to have a new make over!