PDA

View Full Version : New 'Oaks character Dave speaks about role

Perdita
09-07-2009, 15:33
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a164323/new-oaks-character-dave-speaks-about-role.html

Hollyoaks newcomer Elliot James Langridge has spoken for the first time about his new role in the Channel 4 soap.

At the end of last month, Langridge's character Dave Colburn arrived in the village and quickly formed a friendship with Josh Ashworth (Sonny Flood).

Both Dave and Josh can currently be seen in Hollyoaks' online spinoff The Morning After The Night Before.

Upon their return, Dave will become a regular in the village and in September, will feature heavily as part of the new student intake.

Speaking of his role, he told DS at this year's Inside Soap Awards launch: "He's a ladies' man... and he's a bit of a mess but everyone loves him. He's this charismatic party animal... He's one those characters that you kind of get the feeling he's got too much good luck. Some day down the road, he's going to get kicked in the **** for something. But you never really know... he's unpredictable.

"I [originally] auditioned for a very small part and I didn't get it. Then I got a call back to say that they wanted me to play this other lead role and so I didn't even have to audition [again]. I was very lucky."

He added: "He's got a lot of things he needs to do, so hopefully there's going to be a lot of fun with this guy...."