PDA

View Full Version : Adam Barton (Adam Thomas)

Perdita
07-07-2009, 06:41
Former Waterloo Road actor Adam Thomas joins the ranks of Emmerdale next week as Adam Barton, the middle child of the show's new farming dynasty. Adam moves into the Sugdens' farmhouse alongside his father John (James Thornton), mother Moira (Natalie J. Robb) and siblings Holly (Sophie Powles) and Hannah (Grace Cassidy). Here, we chat to Adam about his first few weeks of filming, what to expect from his character and whether he's ever auditioned for a part alongside his brother Ryan in Coronation Street.

How did your role come about?
"I'd just finished Waterloo Road and then I did Doctors quite soon after that. The Emmerdale part was the first audition I'd had in a couple of months. I turned up, did a screen test and luckily, a few days later, I got the call to say that I'd got the part! I'm really over the moon."

How was the character pitched to you?
"I only had one scene to read from in the audition, so it was difficult. They briefly filled me in on the character but I didn't really know much about him."

Now you've started filming, what have you learned about him?
"I've only just started, so I don't really know that much and there's not really that much going on for him at the moment - the whole family's just bedding in. Adam's a family man, though. He wants to follow in his dad's footsteps and wants to take over the family business. He looks up to his dad a lot on the farm. He's not a farm boy - he's more business-minded. He's a wannabe entrepreneur."

What's his relationship like with his family?
"Adam's dad is his best friend and he looks up to him so much. Whatever his dad says, he does. The whole family is really close. Even with his sisters, he's the middle child but he wants to be the older brother and look after them all."

Where have the family come from? Where have they been prior to Emmerdale? Do they have a dark past?
"I'm not too sure really. I think you'll have to wait to find that one out."

How's the family dynamic coming along?
"We're a big happy family and we've only been filming for a few weeks. We all go to lunch together at Nando's and we're all staying in the hotel learning our lines together. With James [Thornton] and Natalie [J. Robb], it's like having a mum and dad away from home. We all just clicked on set."

Have you worked with any of them before?
"I worked with Natalie on Waterloo Road, so I briefly met her while filming that. It was a nice surprise finding out that she was going to be playing my mum."

How do the Bartons arrive in the village?
"Our first scene is in the Sugdens' farmhouse and Andy walks in and sees us all moving in! He's not quite sure what's going on."

The Bartons are being billed as the show's new farming dynasty. They must be quite big boots to fill?
"Yeah, there's a fair amount of pressure. Whenever I say to anyone that I'm part of the new farming family in Emmerdale and that I'm moving into the Sudgens', they're quite shocked!"

Is Adam a ladies' man? Does he have a girlfriend when he arrives?
"Not when he arrives, but I'm hoping he gets one sooner or later! Right now, he's a single man."

Who do you think he'd go for in the village?
"I don't know - there are quite a few good looking girls aren't there? Maybe he'll hook up with Debbie Dingle, you never know…"

Who does Adam forge male relationships with?
"I think he starts making friends with Aaron Livesy. There's talk that they start bonding and get on well with each other, but apparently something happens with their friendship and it takes a twist."

Have you had any funny moments on set since you've started filming?
"Well we've just had a piglet on set squealing about!"

Were you asked back for another series of Waterloo Road?
"No, that was it. My character Donte finally had a child with Chlo and moved onto university. They couldn't stay at school any longer, so the characters had to move on. There was nothing else for Donte to do!"

You must get confused with your brothers? You look identical!
"I know, tell me about it. Apparently my twin brother doesn't look anything like me. I look more like our Ryan. Everything thinks me and Ryan are twins, but it's the other way around."

Were you ever asked to appear in Coronation Street alongside your brother Ryan?
"The amount of times people have said that to me! You know, I've never had an audition for Corrie. It'd have been hilarious, though."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a163689/adam-thomas-adam-barton-emmerdale.html

Katy
07-07-2009, 10:12
Im looking forward to him joining with the family. I really liked him in Waterloo Road.

angel_eyes87
07-07-2009, 13:16
I am really looking forward to seeing him aswell.

He was great to watch in Waterloo Road.

Him and Aaron get on, thats a bit weird bet you Adam makes a move on Vic and thats what causes them to stop being mates.

alan45
03-05-2011, 00:18
Adam Barton makes a risky decision in Emmerdale next week as he finally succumbs to Ella Hart's advances, having a passionate encounter with her at Home Farm after she seduces him in a sexy new dress. Although Adam is initially reluctant to get involved with his girlfriend's mother, he finds himself unable to resist Ella's charms and sleeps with her, marking the beginning of an affair storyline for the pair. While Ella is feeling bored following weeks of Declan taking her for granted, Adam feels that he's living out his ultimate fantasy - but will he end up regretting his fling? Adam Thomas, who plays the young farmer, recently chatted about his new plotline.

What was your initial reaction when you heard about the Adam and Ella storyline?
"I first heard about it a few months back, but I was really excited about it when I was told. Until now I've not really had a little storyline for myself, so I was really looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into it. I've been really enjoying myself during the filming and it's just been non-stop. I'm over the moon to be given the opportunity to do a storyline like this."

Why does Adam decide to go ahead with the affair?
"It's a number of reasons, really. Ella is feeling neglected and Adam is feeling sorry for her because she's always getting the cold shoulder from Declan. Also, Adam is a young lad and it's every boy's dream to have an older woman coming onto them. He's just going with the flow I suppose, but at the same time, he also has a lot to think about because he's going out with Ella's daughter."

What would you say Ella's motivations are?
"I think she just wants the attention, really! She wants attention from Declan, but because he's not giving it to her, she decides that she can get it from Adam instead."

Could the feelings between them become more serious, or will it just stay as a bit of fun?
"Well, it does start off as a bit of fun, but as time goes on, Adam's not so sure. He does like Ella and he likes the idea of being with a mature woman - talking to Ella is a big difference from what he's used to when he's having talks with Mia. So Adam is having fun, but later on we'll see events take a turn and it starts to get a little bit out of hand."

Was it slightly nerve-wracking when you heard that you'd be filming romantic scenes with an older woman?
"Yeah, it was a bit at first, but you just get on with it - it's your job at the end of the day. When you first read the scripts, you think, 'Oh, it could be a bit awkward, that!', but once we get on set we all have a laugh about it and get on with it."

Until recently, most of Adam's scenes were with the Bartons, so have you been glad to see him broaden his horizons a bit by sharing lots of screen time with the Maceys?
"Yeah, it's really good to work with the Maceys. I do love working with the Barton family - they're all great and we all have a laugh, but it was really nice to get out and do something different. You don't always get to work with everyone else in the cast, but here I've been given the chance to get to know Jason Merrells, Corrinne Wicks and Sapphire Elia - that's been really good and I've enjoyed it."

Does the affair with Ella mean that Adam's feelings for Mia have become less strong?
"No, he does love her - I think he just doesn't know what's going on as it's all happened so fast and he hasn't really had time to think about it. As time goes on, though, it'll all get a bit too much, everything will get on top of him and he'll have to decide which one he wants. But until then, like I say, he's just a young kid and he's living out every boy's fantasy."

As Declan has been quite good to Adam by giving him a job at Home Farm, do you think Adam's slightly foolish for putting it all at risk?
"I think he is, but again, he's not really thinking about it too much. He does consider it, but he's not thinking about it as much as he should do. But there does come a point in the storyline where it all starts to hit home - there's so much at stake with John trying to buy the farm from Declan, as well as Declan being Adam's boss. Adam is playing on really rough territory - his family could lose their business and their home because of this. He'll have to take all of that into consideration and it does all start to come into perspective as time goes on."

So do you think Adam might live to regret this affair?
"Definitely! He'll start to wonder how he got himself into this mess and he'll probably want to turn back time and not have gone there. It does go too far and he'll have to face the consequences…"

As Adam has been replaced at Butlers by Alex Moss, could we see a rivalry develop between the two characters?
"I hope so - I really do hope so! I really like working with Kurtis Stacey who plays Alex, he's just joined the show and he's a top lad - he's one of the boys now. Hopefully the writers will see that possibility and we can have a lot to do together, but we'll just have to wait and see. I'd definitely like Adam to have a lot more to do with Alex."

After the Wyldes vs. Lambs storyline last year, do you think the Bartons vs. the Maceys could be the next big Emmerdale war?
"Possibly yeah, it could go down that route! The way things are going, it's all going to kick off, so we could definitely see something like that."

As you're so close to your screen family in real life, is it difficult to film the scenes where you're at each other's throats?
"It can be - I remember doing some scenes where John had to shout at Adam, and it felt a bit weird as I've never seen James Thornton shout at me like that before! It was a bit strange! But we are all professionals and we just get on with it - we always have fun with our scenes and we enjoy it."

Are you glad that Grace Cassidy, who plays Hannah, is also getting some bigger storylines now?
"Yeah, definitely - I love Grace to bits. I love all the Bartons to bits, but it's just really nice for everyone to have their own little storylines. Last year Sophie had Holly's drugs storyline which involved James and everyone else, so it's great to see everyone getting their own stories. You just have to wait your turn, really - there's so many people in the cast, so you just have to hold on and hopefully you'll get a little bite. But I'm really excited for Grace and I hope everything goes well for her."

Do you ever miss Adam's relationship with Scarlett?
"Yeah, Kelsey who plays Scarlett is a top girl and I loved working with her. It was a good little relationship that Adam and Scarlett had and it was a shame that it had to come to an end, but that's just what it's like in the soap world - Adam has moved on and now he's with Mia! I love the relationship with Mia too and it's all going well - I'm enjoying it and I'm having fun."

Have you had any discussions with Emmerdale's new boss Stuart Blackburn yet?
"I've not really had much chance to speak to him yet - it's a massive role to take on, so I don't want to pester him too much! But I'm sure he'll do wonders for the show and I'm sure that Gavin would be happy that he took on the lead. I think he's going to do brilliantly."

Is there anyone at Emmerdale who you'd love to work with more?
"Me and Danny Miller used to work together all the time, but we've not really had much to do together in the past few months. Danny's one of my best mates so I love working with him, and recently we have started working together again, so that's great. There's loads of other cast members that I'd love to work with - everyone's fantastic."

Finally, it's not long until this year's British Soap Awards - why do you think our readers should be voting for Emmerdale?
"Because it's just come on leaps and bounds - it keeps getting better and better and better. Everyone is putting 110% into the work, and it shows. It shows in the ratings as well - they just keep going up and up, so Emmerdale is definitely worth a vote!"

(C) DS

Perdita
19-12-2011, 12:03
Emmerdale star Adam Thomas has revealed that there are bigger storylines on the way for his character Adam Barton in the New Year.

The actor, who has been playing the role since 2009, said that he is looking forward to being challenged by the material ahead.

Adam's main plotline in 2011 saw him cheat on girlfriend Mia Macey (Sapphire Elia) with her mother Ella (Corrinne Wicks), sparking fury from Home Farm businessman Declan (Jason Merrells).

Asked whether Adam has any more romance ahead, Thomas told Take It Easy: "Not at the moment, no. I think he's had his fair share, to be honest. His main priority is looking after his family and helping his dad out on the farm.

"After his affair with Ella, I think he's grown up a bit and learnt a big lesson and because Moira's gone, he's having to be the man about the house and fill some boots."

Discussing his hopes for 2012's storylines, the 24-year-old replied: "I would love some nice fit bird to come on the scene! I'd also like to get my teeth into something. There are big things coming up in Emmerdale in the New Year for Adam. So I'm looking forward to that."

Emmerdale fans will see more changes for the Bartons in 2012 as James Thornton, who plays family patriarch John, is leaving the soap.

Perdita
25-03-2012, 07:44
Emmerdale star Adam Thomas has revealed he is on a mission to get a nomination for a Sexiest Male award.
The 24-year-old actor - who plays troubled teen Adam Barton in the soap - told Inside Soap magazine he is planning to get a buff body so he can rival his co-stars for the title of sexiest male.
Adam said: "I keep promising to hit the gym, because all the other lads always get voted for in the Sexiest Male awards - and I don't get a look-in!
"If there was a 'cute' category I might stand a chance, but I've never got the sexy vote!"
Adam is happily dating real life girlfriend Caroline, but on-screen Adam Barton has been left single after his fling with cougar Ella Hart ruined his relationship with Mia Macey.
Adam said: "I hope there's some love soon. But snogging my character is the kiss of death!
"I've had two on-screen girlfriends - Kelsey-Beth Crossley, who played Scarlett, and Sapphire Elia, who played Mia, and they've both gone.
"His mind isn't on women now, but hopefully Adam will get a girl in the future, I like screen kisses!"

Perdita
21-05-2013, 00:32
Emmerdale's Adam Barton feels pushed out of his own home next week after Cain Dingle moves in on a permanent basis.

Adam still can't accept the fact that his mum Moira (Natalie J Robb) is dating Cain, so he tries to split them up by convincing Natalie - one of the farm's suppliers - to seduce the bad boy.

When Adam's efforts at setting a honeytrap backfire, things turn violent and he realises that he'll have to move out if Cain (Jeff Hordley) doesn't…

Here, Adam Thomas - who plays Adam - reveals all the gossip on his latest storyline.

Has Adam tried to come to terms with Moira and Cain's relationship?
"No, he doesn't want to! He's well against it and doesn't want to let Cain into the family. Adam is basically just out to get Cain and ruin their relationship. He's not going to make it easy, even though he doesn't want to put stress onto his mum. Adam just can't let this relationship happen."

Doesn't Adam want Moira to be happy?
"Of course he wants her to be happy, just like any other son would, but this is completely beyond the line. Adam thinks that Moira is in the wrong - of all the people in the village, why has she had to pick Cain?

"Adam knows that Cain is a bad man, and he still hasn't forgiven him for the affair that happened when his dad was still alive. Adam fears that Cain is only doing this to get back at him, so that's why there's a lot of hatred still there for Cain."

Has Cain made an effort with Adam?
"He's not gone out of his way to! Cain is just out for Moira, he's not really bothered about Adam."

Why does Adam decide to set Cain up with Natalie?
"It all starts when Moira decides to go away for the weekend. It's pretty awkward, as she's only just moved Cain in and now she's going away! Adam is not happy about it as he wants Cain to stay away, but that never seems to happen.

"While Moira is away, Natalie comes to the farm and she's very pretty. She comes over and Adam notices a little bit of flirtation between her and Cain. Adam takes this opportunity and wants to play a little game. He wants to make sure that Cain gets off with Natalie, so he places a little wager with Natalie to make sure that it happens. She's up for fun herself as she's a very flirtatious woman. She also wants to earn a little bit of money in the meantime thanks to Adam's bet!"

What happens next?
"Adam sets up a party at the farm. Cain is not happy that a big house party is going on, but Adam manipulates the situation by telling him to keep an eye on the place. That gives Adam the chance to put Natalie near him."

Unfortunately Cain realises what Adam is up to and things turn slightly violent! What were those scenes like to film?
"It was brilliant filming these scenes. It's great working with Jeff as he's one of the top dogs in the show. You always learn a lot from him because he's just on the ball 24/7. I look up to him in many ways. It's brilliant to have dramatic scenes like this.

"You'll see that Cain pushes Adam against the wall, because he's clocked on to what's happened. Adam has definitely been caught out…"

Adam also finds out about Moira's miscarriage during these rows with Cain, doesn't he?
"He does, and it really shakes him because he didn't know anything about it. Moira and Cain both kept it a secret, so now it all gets blown out of proportion because Zak lets the information slip and Adam wants to know why he wasn't told. Adam then picks another fight with Cain, and then Moira returns!

"At this point, Adam has got a black eye because Cain has hit him. Adam thinks that because he has this black eye, his mum will turn against Cain - but it doesn't work out like that. Moira actually sides with Cain, so Adam's just had enough at that point. He doesn't want to live with either of them now, and he hates the farm! As Moira won't see sense, there's nothing else for Adam to do apart from leave."

Has Adam made the right decision?
"He's got no other option! It's a tough situation, because he has been through a lot. He misses his dad, he doesn't live with his sisters and only has his mum left. Adam is a mummy's boy and he wants to look after his mum."

As a viewer, do you think Moira and Cain make a good couple?
"Yeah, I do! I think they're perfect together as they're both feisty characters. Jeff and Natalie are amazing actors and their chemistry on-screen is fantastic."

On a separate note, how are things going between Adam and Victoria?
"Things are going really well, but there's some stuff coming up where things get a bit more rocky. I've also been filming some stunts recently, so there's exciting stuff to come for Adam!"

lizann
05-06-2013, 20:23
any word on who the older lady he starts an affair with is?

after ella, adam is another tool who didn't learn his lesson

lizann
05-06-2013, 20:23

katie hunter
05-06-2013, 20:31

Haven't heard anything definite but I think it might be Megan?

katie hunter
05-06-2013, 20:31

Haven't heard anything definite but I think it might be Megan?

tammyy2j
05-06-2013, 22:11

Is it Kerry remorse and guilt for knocking her down so he sleeps with her :p

tammyy2j
05-06-2013, 22:11

katie hunter
05-06-2013, 22:12
Is it Kerry remorse and guilt for knocking her down so he sleeps with her :p

Ewww. Lol.

katie hunter
05-06-2013, 22:12

tammyy2j
23-07-2013, 00:31
Emmerdale's Adam Barton will be framed for the murder of Alex Moss in an upcoming storyline.

Police will grill Adam (played by Adam Thomas) when true culprit Cameron Murray plants evidence that suggests he was responsible for the murder.

Speaking to SoapSquawk, Thomas said: "It comes about because Alex's body is found, Cameron gets scared and basically points the police in the direction of Adam Barton.

"Adam's past - trying to kill Cain and the hit and run - nobody thinks he's innocent. It gets to the point when even his own mum doesn't believe him.

"They think Adam did it because Alex slept with Moira, Cameron uses that bit of information to his advantage.

"Weirdly the only person who believes he's innocent is Cain."

The actor said he is unsure how the storyline will play out but added that the evidence against his character is overwhelmingly against him.

"He feels lost and thinks he could go down for a murder he didn't commit," he added.

tammyy2j
23-07-2013, 00:31

britgirl
23-07-2013, 08:15
Ohhh poor Adam. When will Cameron get his comeuppance??

tammyy2j
23-07-2013, 13:57

tammyy2j
23-07-2013, 13:57

Sounds like not for quite some time

lizann
23-07-2013, 22:16

it should be soon viewers are already sick and bored of him

lizann
23-07-2013, 22:16

it should be soon viewers are already sick and bored of him

alan45
27-08-2013, 01:22
Emmerdale's Adam Barton faces a crisis he could never have anticipated next week as he is framed for the murder of Alex Moss.

The real culprit Cameron Murray (Dominic Power) schemes to put the police spotlight on Adam in a desperate bid to cover his own tracks.

Cameron initially becomes angry with Adam when he thinks that the farmer is behind some mysterious blackmail texts he is receiving. Although he later discovers that his theory is wrong, it isn't enough to stop him from plotting against Adam…

Here, Adam Thomas - who plays Adam - reveals details of his character's ordeal.

Adam feels pretty twitchy with the police around asking questions. Why is that?
"I think Adam's had a few near misses with the police in the past, so I guess he gets nervous when they're snooping around. Now the police are asking questions about Moira and Alex, as well as Alex and Victoria, and it's just rubbing Adam up the wrong way. His attitude towards them isn't great, and if anything it could make it look like he has something to hide."

Adam annoys Cameron by claiming that he's not right in the head. Why are they arguing?
"Because Cameron starts saying that he knows what Adam has been up to. He seems to think Adam is behind something - something which has obviously well and truly narked him. He's saying all of this at The Woolpack and starts making a bit of a scene, to the point that Moira has to get in between them. Adam's just thinking, is this guy crazy or what?"

Why does Adam later punch Declan in front of the police?
"Adam hates Declan. They've got a history. Declan had it in for Adam after he slept with Mia and Ella, but Declan managed to get back at Adam through his dad. It's still a sore point for Adam. Now that Declan's trying to call in his investments, which apparently includes the farm, it's like rubbing salt in the wound. The farm was his dad's dream and now Declan's ready to turf his whole family out of it.

"So anyway, Adam's feeling really rubbish about everything when crazy Cameron starts being all matey, and even mends his quad for him for free. But typical Adam doesn't realise that Cameron has got an ulterior motive as he starts to talk about Declan, winding Adam up further and further. Next thing you know, Adam's in a frenzy and ranting and throwing himself at Declan in front of the police."

At what point does Adam realise he's being set up?
"I'm not sure. It's weird really. He's at the station after he's been arrested for punching Declan, but he starts to get freaked when the coppers that are dealing with Alex's murder rock up. They start talking about Adam's grudge towards Declan and how Adam didn't like Alex either. Slowly he starts putting two and two together and realises things aren't looking good for him."

What evidence do the police confront him with?
"They've got statements but won't say who from. Both statements are talking about how Adam had a gripe with Declan and Alex. It's not good, not good at all."

What reaction does Adam get when he tries to plead his innocence?
"From the police? A bad one. They don't believe him. It's not good cop bad cop, it's bad cop bad cop in this case! Adam's trying to stay calm, but he can tell he's not getting through to them."

What happens when Adam and Moira finally see each other after he's been released?
"It's not the reception he would have wanted, to be honest. Moira tells him she'll believe him if he says he didn't do it, but she asks him the question all the same. Just asking is enough to upset Adam - his own mum asking him the question, like there is an element of doubt. He's really gutted by that."

Why does he think that Declan is behind the plan to set him up?
"A load of reasons really. It's his land. Him and Declan don't get on. Adam slept with his wife, his daughter and more recently Katie. It hardly bodes for a budding friendship does it?"

But Cain tries to help Adam out…
"Who'd have thought it? Cain helping Adam out! But yes, he does help him out in a Cain kind of way."

Adam makes a run for it, but surely that'll make things worse?
"Probably. But he's not thinking straight. Someone is trying to set him up for a murder he didn't commit. That's pretty scary if you ask me!"

Will this change the relationship between him and Cain?
"That all depends on whether he comes back! They've had a rocky relationship, but it's Cain who's been there for him recently, first with the hit and run, and now with all this stuff."

Would you be gutted if Adam went down for this?
"One word - yes! He didn't do it. But hey, this is soap so you just never know what's going to happen..."

alan45
27-08-2013, 01:22
Emmerdale's Adam Barton faces a crisis he could never have anticipated next week as he is framed for the murder of Alex Moss.

The real culprit Cameron Murray (Dominic Power) schemes to put the police spotlight on Adam in a desperate bid to cover his own tracks.

Cameron initially becomes angry with Adam when he thinks that the farmer is behind some mysterious blackmail texts he is receiving. Although he later discovers that his theory is wrong, it isn't enough to stop him from plotting against Adam…

Here, Adam Thomas - who plays Adam - reveals details of his character's ordeal.

Adam feels pretty twitchy with the police around asking questions. Why is that?
"I think Adam's had a few near misses with the police in the past, so I guess he gets nervous when they're snooping around. Now the police are asking questions about Moira and Alex, as well as Alex and Victoria, and it's just rubbing Adam up the wrong way. His attitude towards them isn't great, and if anything it could make it look like he has something to hide."

Adam annoys Cameron by claiming that he's not right in the head. Why are they arguing?
"Because Cameron starts saying that he knows what Adam has been up to. He seems to think Adam is behind something - something which has obviously well and truly narked him. He's saying all of this at The Woolpack and starts making a bit of a scene, to the point that Moira has to get in between them. Adam's just thinking, is this guy crazy or what?"

Why does Adam later punch Declan in front of the police?
"Adam hates Declan. They've got a history. Declan had it in for Adam after he slept with Mia and Ella, but Declan managed to get back at Adam through his dad. It's still a sore point for Adam. Now that Declan's trying to call in his investments, which apparently includes the farm, it's like rubbing salt in the wound. The farm was his dad's dream and now Declan's ready to turf his whole family out of it.

"So anyway, Adam's feeling really rubbish about everything when crazy Cameron starts being all matey, and even mends his quad for him for free. But typical Adam doesn't realise that Cameron has got an ulterior motive as he starts to talk about Declan, winding Adam up further and further. Next thing you know, Adam's in a frenzy and ranting and throwing himself at Declan in front of the police."

At what point does Adam realise he's being set up?
"I'm not sure. It's weird really. He's at the station after he's been arrested for punching Declan, but he starts to get freaked when the coppers that are dealing with Alex's murder rock up. They start talking about Adam's grudge towards Declan and how Adam didn't like Alex either. Slowly he starts putting two and two together and realises things aren't looking good for him."

What evidence do the police confront him with?
"They've got statements but won't say who from. Both statements are talking about how Adam had a gripe with Declan and Alex. It's not good, not good at all."

What reaction does Adam get when he tries to plead his innocence?
"From the police? A bad one. They don't believe him. It's not good cop bad cop, it's bad cop bad cop in this case! Adam's trying to stay calm, but he can tell he's not getting through to them."

What happens when Adam and Moira finally see each other after he's been released?
"It's not the reception he would have wanted, to be honest. Moira tells him she'll believe him if he says he didn't do it, but she asks him the question all the same. Just asking is enough to upset Adam - his own mum asking him the question, like there is an element of doubt. He's really gutted by that."

Why does he think that Declan is behind the plan to set him up?
"A load of reasons really. It's his land. Him and Declan don't get on. Adam slept with his wife, his daughter and more recently Katie. It hardly bodes for a budding friendship does it?"

But Cain tries to help Adam out…
"Who'd have thought it? Cain helping Adam out! But yes, he does help him out in a Cain kind of way."

Adam makes a run for it, but surely that'll make things worse?
"Probably. But he's not thinking straight. Someone is trying to set him up for a murder he didn't commit. That's pretty scary if you ask me!"

Will this change the relationship between him and Cain?
"That all depends on whether he comes back! They've had a rocky relationship, but it's Cain who's been there for him recently, first with the hit and run, and now with all this stuff."

Would you be gutted if Adam went down for this?
"One word - yes! He didn't do it. But hey, this is soap so you just never know what's going to happen..."

tammyy2j
17-06-2014, 00:22
Adam Barton's life changes forever on Emmerdale next week as he finally discovers the truth about his paternity.

The truth comes out after a revealing home movie is played during Finn's birthday party at the farm, which forces Moira and James to reveal their secret at last.

Here, Adam Thomas - who plays Adam - previews the big moment for the Bartons and how his character will react to the bombshell news.

Adam and James have always struggled to get along. Why doesn't Adam like him?
"Adam just thinks that James turned up at the farm and tried to take over. This is Adam's farm, but James has come in and turned the whole business upside down. Adam wants to keep it the way that John kept it, so he didn't like James coming in trying to change things. That wound Adam up a little bit.

"Adam also knows that James fancies Moira, so he's just had enough of it. He doesn't want to give James the time of day, so they keep falling out. James tries to reach out but Adam isn't having any of it."

Is Adam feeling happier about Moira and Cain's relationship now?
"Adam didn't like Cain at all at first. When it comes to his mum, Adam is very protective. He had some drama with Cain, but now he's come to terms with the relationship. As long as Moira is happy, Adam is happy too. Now that Moira and Cain are married, Adam is over the moon for them both and he's trying to keep James away from them both."

Can you tell us how Moira and James's secrets start coming to light?
"It's Finn's birthday and the Bartons are having a nice little party at the farm. Finn decides to bring out some old video tapes, so it's all quite happy and funny as they're watching footage of the Barton boys when they were younger.

"They keep the tapes playing but then they hear James and his wife arguing in some of the footage. James's wife shouts about how he's slept with Moira, so Moira has to admit that it's the truth - they had a one-night stand together."

What kind of reaction does the revelation get?
"It doesn't go down well with Adam or the other lads either. All hell breaks loose. Adam knew something was going on, but he didn't know it was to this extent. As this all happened behind John's back, Adam just feels that the whole family set-up was a lie. He's absolutely livid over the situation and he's really upset too."

What happens next?
"Not only does Adam find out that Moira and James slept together, about half an hour later, Moira tells Cain the whole story. Cain decides to spill the beans and puts Moira on the spot, so she has to tell Adam that James is his father.

"Adam is in utter disbelief at this point. He's in shock, angry and upset. Adam doesn't know where his head is at. He doesn't want to direct his anger towards his mother, so he directs it towards James instead."

How does Cain feel about the situation?
"Cain is not happy. Moira has lied to everyone, so everyone feels betrayed. It's a real mess."

Adam then gets a gun and seems to have revenge in mind!
"Yeah, Adam gets Zak's shotgun from the Dingles'. He wants to take his anger out on James, as ever since James has turned up, Adam's life has been hell. Adam wants to deal with James, so he goes to get a shotgun and goes to get him.

"Adam finds James in the village and starts stalking him through the woods. He has just seen red, so he wants to teach James a lesson…"

Can Adam ever get over this news?
"More than anything it's just a trust issue now with Adam. His mum has lied to him, so he just feels that he's been lied to for his whole life. His sisters are actually his half-sisters, while his dad wasn't really his dad. He's also found out that he's got three half-brothers!

"It's a massive thing for Adam, so he feels that he can't trust anybody now. Everybody else seems to be getting on with their lives and pretending like nothing has happened, but Adam is in a little world of his own, thinking that nobody really seems to care about what has just happened in his life."

Could Adam go off the rails?
"Yeah, he definitely has a dark side when it comes down to family. If anything interferes with the family, then Adam will go to any means to sort it out…"

What has the story been like to film?
"It's always good to get your teeth stuck into a storyline like this. All the lads are brilliant to work with, so it's been brilliant fun. It's been dramatic so it hasn't all been laughs and giggles, but it's been good. It's just a pleasure to work with such great actors.

"You're always buzzing when you get a storyline. I don't get many, so it's nice to have one! I think this one will go on for a long time as Adam goes off the rails, but I find it hard to play a bad guy because I'm usually having such a laugh on set. I've had to reel that in a little bit to get into the mood, but hopefully I'm doing it justice."

tammyy2j
17-06-2014, 00:22

helena1414
17-06-2014, 03:06
This is gonna be goooood... can't wait for next week.. :D

sarah c
14-08-2014, 10:55
what do we think?

is Adam Thomas a really fantastic actor in that he is taking the writing of Adam Barton as a gormless f**kwit and really portraying it well

or...

is Adam Thomas just a gormless f**kwit that cant act for toffee?

tammyy2j
14-08-2014, 15:07
what do we think?

is Adam Thomas a really fantastic actor in that he is taking the writing of Adam Barton as a gormless f**kwit and really portraying it well

or...

is Adam Thomas just a gormless f**kwit that cant act for toffee?

He can act, I liked him in Waterloo Road and he is doing well playing Adam Barton

I think in the end Adam will hand himself in to the police

tammyy2j
14-08-2014, 15:07

tammyy2j
19-08-2014, 00:33
Adam Barton reaches a brave decision next week as he makes a public confession to the guilty secret he's been hiding for two years.

With his best friend Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller) now back in the village, Adam realises that it isn't fair for him to keep being blamed for the 2012 fire at Cain Dingle's garage.

Adam knows that it'd be best for Aaron to be able to come home for good, so he makes a public confession at The Woolpack by revealing that he was the real arsonist.

Adam Thomas, who plays Adam, commented: "The whole village is going to know sooner or later, so Adam just confesses at The Woolpack and gets it out there. He tells everyone that it was him who set the garage on fire, not Aaron.

"Adam just wants to clear Aaron's name now, as Aaron has done enough and he doesn't want him to take it any further. Adam wants Aaron to have a normal life now and be back home. That's where Aaron needs to be - back home with his family."

Asked how Adam feels after his confession, the actor replied: "Adam thinks it's a good thing that at least he's confessed now. People had been talking and whispering about the fire at The Woolpack, so at least the truth is out there now. Adam has told everyone what the deal is and that Aaron has done nothing wrong."

Emmerdale fans will have to wait and see what the consequences are for both characters, as Adam faces the possibility of an arson charge and Aaron may still be in trouble for spending the past two years on the run.

On the bright side, Adam's mother Moira is proud of him for telling the truth and gives him his job back at the farm as a reward for doing the right thing.

Thomas added: "Adam and Moira are not seeing eye to eye, but I think eventually things will start to get better. I think he can make friends with James eventually too. Some bridges need to be mended, but as time goes on, it could definitely happen."

sarah c
20-08-2014, 09:57
but don't bother going to the police and confessing eh Adam?

tammyy2j
20-08-2014, 15:33
but don't bother going to the police and confessing eh Adam?

I'm sure that will happen too

tammyy2j
20-08-2014, 15:33

Perdita
20-08-2014, 16:18
Maybe Edna reporting Aaron to the police is the catalyst for the truth to come out???

localoca
21-08-2014, 06:38
Hopefully Adam will go away for a long, long time. An awful character and an awful actor.

tammyy2j
21-08-2014, 23:21
Too many are protecting Adam he needs to be sent to prison imo

kennedyfan86
24-08-2014, 14:35
Awww, not a lot of love here for Adam Thomas so i see lol, i think he can be a very good actor, sometimes he isn't given a lot to work with, but he's often very good when he's given something. Adam himself has said many people don't feel sympathy for Adam, they just think he needs a good slap - my Mum's one of them that wants to give him one, luckily she won't be going down to England very soon lol.
I imagine Adam will be going to prison for the arson on the garage as Adam no doubt needs a paternity leave storyline

kennedyfan86
24-08-2014, 14:35
Awww, not a lot of love here for Adam Thomas so i see lol, i think he can be a very good actor, sometimes he isn't given a lot to work with, but he's often very good when he's given something. Adam himself has said many people don't feel sympathy for Adam, they just think he needs a good slap - my Mum's one of them that wants to give him one, luckily she won't be going down to England very soon lol.
I imagine Adam will be going to prison for the arson on the garage as Adam no doubt needs a paternity leave storyline

tammyy2j
01-09-2014, 16:23
Adam hinted in an interview that he would be up for his character having a gay relationship with Aaron so will it happen do you think?

kennedyfan86
01-09-2014, 16:49
Adam hinted in an interview that he would be up for his character having a gay relationship with Aaron so will it happen do you think?

The Producer was standing behind him when he said it, I think they'll take any idea that they think would be a good story. Adam Thomas practically indicated that he just about has the hots for Danny Miller he adores him so much. I personally think the whole gay thing should be known about and not seen, that's not what people tune in for, in fact most people tune out, leave the room or switch channels when they do see it. It's not about "being with the times" either, it's broadcast like a fashion item which just isn't right, sensationalised for the purpose of scratching for ratings, low tactics. They have it implicated in period drama now too, a certain Sunday night one at the moment and I don't like it, it takes away from the purity of shows that show no indication of sex at all

kennedyfan86
01-09-2014, 16:49

The Producer was standing behind him when he said it, I think they'll take any idea that they think would be a good story. Adam Thomas practically indicated that he just about has the hots for Danny Miller he adores him so much. I personally think the whole gay thing should be known about and not seen, that's not what people tune in for, in fact most people tune out, leave the room or switch channels when they do see it. It's not about "being with the times" either, it's broadcast like a fashion item which just isn't right, sensationalised for the purpose of scratching for ratings, low tactics. They have it implicated in period drama now too, a certain Sunday night one at the moment and I don't like it, it takes away from the purity of shows that show no indication of sex at all

tammyy2j
01-09-2014, 17:13
I would like Adam and Aaron to just stay friends platonic

kennedyfan86
01-09-2014, 18:49
Yes, although Aaron's clearly been in love with him for quite a long time, I just don't think it'd be believable to try and change his preference. Mind you things can happen if you have special feelings for someone who is just a friend, still think it'd be weird though

Perdita
09-09-2014, 10:35

Emmerdale actor Adam Thomas has become a father.

The star's long-term girlfriend Caroline Daly gave birth to a baby boy, Teddy James, on Monday (September 8).
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/15/618x390/showbiz-adam-thomas-caroline-daly.jpg
Adam Thomas and girlfriend Caroline Daly
© Rex Features / McPix Ltd
Adam Thomas and girlfriend Caroline Daly

Thomas, who plays Adam Barton on the ITV soap, revealed the news on his Twitter account.

"2day I fell more in lovewith @Carolinejanexx than I ever will do!Teddy James Thomas born 8/9/2014 new lucky roulette numbers right there ;)" he wrote.

2day I fell more in lovewith @Carolinejanexx than I ever will do!Teddy James Thomas born 8/9/2014 new lucky roulette numbers right there ;)

— adam thomas (@adamthomas21) September 8, 2014

Thomas has been part of the Emmerdale cast since 2009. He previously played Donte Charles in BBC One's Waterloo Road.

kennedyfan86
10-09-2014, 00:15
Lovely black and white picture of father and son released, beautiful :)

Perdita
11-09-2014, 05:23
This is the pic on DS

http://i2.cdnds.net/14/37/P/showbiz-adam-thomas-instagram-son.jpg

Perdita
11-09-2014, 05:23
This is the pic on DS

http://i2.cdnds.net/14/37/P/showbiz-adam-thomas-instagram-son.jpg

TaintedLove
12-09-2014, 02:18
Congratulations to Adam and Caroline, and to new Uncle Ryan.
What a gorgeous family. Thomas looks like he will grow up as handsome as his Daddy and Uncle ♥

britgirl
01-10-2014, 18:25
Adam Barton proves trouble follows him wherever he goes when he's involved in a prison bustup. Moira is heartbroken when she finds out that instead of allowing her to see him behind bars, he's asked for Aaron instead. James tries to convince Moira that Adam is trying to protect her from seeing him in prison, but she's unconvinced. Later, Aaron calls round at the farm and tells Moira he couldn't see Adam because he was involved in an altercation with another prisoner.

Adam Thomas who plays Adam thinks being behind bars will be what his character needs to straighten himself out.

britgirl
01-10-2014, 18:25
Adam Barton proves trouble follows him wherever he goes when he's involved in a prison bustup. Moira is heartbroken when she finds out that instead of allowing her to see him behind bars, he's asked for Aaron instead. James tries to convince Moira that Adam is trying to protect her from seeing him in prison, but she's unconvinced. Later, Aaron calls round at the farm and tells Moira he couldn't see Adam because he was involved in an altercation with another prisoner.

Adam Thomas who plays Adam thinks being behind bars will be what his character needs to straighten himself out.

Perdita
19-10-2014, 04:48
Over on Emmerdale, Adam Barton ends up in hospital after his mother Moira defies warnings from blackmailer Maxine.

Moira (Natalie J Robb) recently made a one-off payment to Maxine after she demanded cash in exchange for Adam's safety, but when the schemer returns looking for even more money, Moira refuses to pay up.

Refusing to be bullied, Moira makes an official complaint about Maxine to the prison authorities, but this makes matters much worse as Adam (Adam Thomas) is subjected to a brutal beating as punishment.

When Aaron, Cain and Moira hear the worrying news, they rush off to the hospital and are shocked to see that Adam is in a bad way.

Adam tries to put on a brave face in front of his loved ones, but he struggles to hide his fears when Moira reveals that she has told the prison about his ordeal…
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/42/618x411/soaps-emmerdale-7010-3.jpg
Aaron, Cain and Moira arrive at the hospital and are shocked by Adam's beaten up state
© ITV
Aaron, Cain and Moira arrive at the hospital
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/42/618x390/soaps-emmerdale-7010-4.jpg
Adam is clearly worried when Moira reveals she has told the prison authorities.
© ITV
Adam is clearly worried

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Tuesday, October 28 at 7pm on ITV.

mariba
19-10-2014, 10:07
So Cain is needed again to sort this out :)

britgirl
19-10-2014, 13:42
Hope Maxine and her troublemaking son get their comeuppance. I hear Charity helps out

heydrich39
19-10-2014, 20:57
Who cares about boring adam hope cain splits with moira soon he be better with charity the bartons are so boring

lizann
16-12-2014, 22:02
he is out already #fail and he wants back with Victoria #fail again

tammyy2j
24-03-2015, 00:12
Adam Barton has a surprising one-night stand with Vanessa Woodfield next week after his relationship with Victoria Sugden hits the rocks.

Adam fears that his romance with Victoria (Isabel Hodgins) is over after she admits that she isn't ready to marry him, which leaves him heartbroken and ready to seek comfort elsewhere.

Here, Adam Thomas - who plays Adam - reveals why his character makes the big mistake.

How does Adam feel after he proposes to Victoria this week?
"Adam feels on top of the world after the proposal. He was a little bit nervous about it at first, but after he pops the question in The Woolpack and she says yes, he couldn't be happier. Adam is in a really good place with Victoria and he's really happy."

Victoria is actually having a lot of doubts about the engagement, though! Does Adam not realise that?
"Adam doesn't have a clue, but then it all seems to make sense when she does later call off the wedding. He didn't see it coming but she had taken quite a while to say yes, so it all starts to fit into place! Adam isn't happy about it - he's more embarrassed and upset than anything else."

How does Vanessa get involved in the situation?
"Adam has a little drink by himself, but then Vanessa comes over as she's having her own problems with Kirin. Adam is just a bit lost and Vanessa feels the same way with the problems in her relationship.

"They're both on the same wavelength. Adam thinks his relationship with Victoria is over, he's got nothing to lose and he likes the older woman! So after they've both had a couple of drinks, he thinks he might as well have a go - and that's what he does!"

How do they both feel the next morning?
"It was just one of those things they had to basically get out of their system, but Adam is not too pleased with himself for it. It was just one of those spontaneous things, but the repercussions aren't great!"

Things then get even more complicated for Adam!
"Yes, after Adam sleeps with Vanessa, he gets a text message from Victoria which says: 'It's not over and I still love you'. Adam feels even more guilty than ever, because he obviously got the wrong end of the stick! He thought the whole relationship was over, but Victoria still wants him and loves him - it's just that she doesn't want to get married just yet.

"Afterwards Adam is in turmoil and he just feels sick inside. He knows that he's got a good girl but he's messed things up again. He wants to keep things sweet with Vanessa, so he tries to tell her not to say anything. She wants to say something, but Adam threatens her a little bit and says that she can't."

Adam later changes his mind over keeping the secret, though...
"Yeah, once Adam gets back with Victoria, he wants to be honest in his relationship so he wants to tell her the truth. He can't tell her face-to-face, so he ends up leaving her a voicemail message to tell her! At the time he thinks it's a good idea but then Aaron says, 'What the hell are you doing, you plonker?! It's not the best way to do it'. So Adam needs a way to get out of that mess..."

Were you pleased about Adam taking an interest in an older woman again?
"Well, Adam Barton likes the older woman and Adam Thomas likes the older woman as well so I was quite pleased! (Laughs.)"

What advice would you give to Adam?
"Maybe come clean and tell Victoria the truth, but then there'll be repercussions in the relationship once the truth is out. It's safe to say that it goes terribly wrong..."

Is there a chance that Adam could get back with Vanessa?
"No I don't think so, it was just a one-off thing and he just needed to get it out of his system. It was just one of those spontaneous moments and now they have to deal with the after-effects.

"I think Victoria is the one for Adam. He's had his fair few ladies but Victoria's the one - she's a good girl and she loves him and she looks out for him. She's a good catch!"

lizann
24-03-2015, 11:31
moira will love that vanessa is a cougar will she end up preggers by adam

Serena Williams
28-03-2015, 03:44
I bet vanessa is pregnant with adam baby. What about Kiran? Also vanessa is moira adam mom's best friend. Maybe if vanessa gets pregnant she has an abortion.

lizann
28-03-2015, 09:49
I bet vanessa is pregnant with adam baby. What about Kiran? Also vanessa is moira adam mom's best friend. Maybe if vanessa gets pregnant she has an abortion.

kirin should get with victoria

lizann
28-03-2015, 09:49

kirin should get with victoria

Perdita
22-04-2015, 05:55
Emmerdale star Adam Thomas has revealed that his character Adam Barton will be torn when he learns of Vanessa Woodfield's shock pregnancy.

Scenes airing next week see Vanessa discover that she is expecting a baby, leaving her in turmoil as she doesn't know whether the father is Adam or her boyfriend Kirin Kotecha.

Adam and Vanessa (Michelle Hardwick) had a one-night stand late last month while separated from their respective partners. Both of their romances are now back on track, but Vanessa's baby bombshell could change everything.

Speaking of the pregnancy drama to come, Thomas explained: "Adam can't believe it. Vanessa turns up and tells him that he has to decide right now - is he going to be the dad or is he going to keep his mouth shut and they'll pretend it's definitely Kirin's?

"There is doubt about whether Adam is the father or not, but Vanessa is saying that whether he is or he isn't, he's got to decide what to do now. But if Adam says he is the dad, that's him and Victoria over.

"It's a massive shock to the system because he's just got back with Victoria and everything's sorted. So this is another spanner in the works - once you get out of one problem in soap, you get into another one. So we'll see how it goes!"

Asked whether Adam would make a good father, the actor replied: "Adam wants to be a father one day, but I don't know whether now's the time. He'd want to be the best dad he can be. He's been through a lot and he's done a lot of growing up.

"In the end, Adam doesn't want to pretend to not be the dad. It's like a vicious circle because Adam has been in a similar situation in his own life. He thinks about that and has second thoughts, because he doesn't want to have that same effect on his child that he went through with James."

Thomas added that the story will run for a while as Vanessa is keen to keep the baby.

He said: "It's going to take nine months and I think there'll be a lot of ups and downs along the way. I've just read a few scripts now that are really good. It's not going to be an easy pregnancy, I don't think!"

Serena Williams
22-04-2015, 07:14
moira will love that vanessa is a cougar will she end up preggers by adam

I disagree moira will be pissed she will be in an awkward situation since vanessa is her close friend and Adam is her son.

Telly Watcher
24-12-2015, 01:05
Emmerdale's Adam Barton is left devastated in the New Year as he finally discovers that he's not the father of baby Johnny.

The shocking truth is revealed after Johnny's mum Vanessa Woodfield (Michelle Hardwick) secretly organises another DNA test after getting a clue to the youngster's true paternity.

Vanessa is left with reason to doubt the result of the original test when she spots a strange mark on Johnny's back. When she calls in a nurse to check it out, she hears that it's a type of birth mark which is very rare in Caucasian children.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/51/640x360/gallery-1450542255-soaps-emmerdale-vanessa-discovery-3.jpg
© ITV
Vanessa doubts Adam is her baby's father

Curious over what this could mean, Vanessa uses a DNA testing kit to take a swab of Adam's bottle top. A few days later, the results come back and rule Adam out as the dad - meaning that the father must actually be Kirin Kotecha.

Vanessa knows that she has to do the right thing by revealing the truth to both men, but Adam's upset reaction will drive him to very extreme measures.

Adam Thomas, who plays him, teased: "Adam is not going to be happy. He's been there for Johnny through the whole thing, as far back as when Johnny was fighting for his life in hospital.

"When Adam finds out, he could do something very, very, very silly. Adam doesn't tend to think about things, he just reacts. I think he's more hurt than anything but at first he refuses to take it on board, because he's in denial a little bit.

"In Adam's eyes, Johnny is his son. I don't know how anyone could deal with having that taken away from them. I've got a son of my own and I can't imagine anyone turning around to me and saying: 'He's not yours'. It's going to be a massive thing for Adam."

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/52/640x320/landscape-1450887039-soaps-emmerdale-vanessa-reveals-the-truth-2.JPG
© ITV
Vanessa tells Adam that he is not the father of her baby

Revealing more about what's ahead, Thomas continued: "Adam goes off the rails a little bit - as you do in soap! I'd like to think that Adam will still want to be part of Johnny's life, because he does love him. I don't think that will ever change, but obviously he's got to give some way for Kirin because he is the dad and it's going to be hard for him too.

"I'd like to see what happens between Kirin and Adam and if it comes to blows between them. That'd be interesting."

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/52/640x377/gallery-1450888009-soaps-emmerdale-rhona-kirin-1.JPG
© ITV
Vanesa tells Kirin that he is her baby's father

As all parties involved deal with the repercussions, Kirin's father Rakesh knows that it's only a matter of time before he gets caught out for tampering with the original DNA results.

On what could happen when the full story comes out, Thomas laughed: "Adam won't let Rakesh get away with this. I hope I get to lay him out!"

Emmerdale airs Adam's discovery on Thursday, January 7 at 7pm and 8pm on ITV.

Read more at:
http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emmerdale/news/a778158/emmerdale-spoilers-adam-barton-goes-off-the-rails-after-the-truth-about-johnnys-father-is-revealed/

Perdita
28-07-2016, 15:35
Emmerdale's Adam Thomas might be switching the farm for the jungle if these latest rumours are anything to go by.

Adam - who conveniently enough plays Adam in the ITV soap - is reportedly in talks to appear on the upcoming series of I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!.

According to The Mirror, the 27-year-old actor is being lined up to be the eye candy of the jungle.

Adam has been part of the Emmerdale cast since 2009. He previously played Donte Charles in BBC One's Waterloo Road.

And he's no stranger to reality TV, making a brief cameo on Love Island last month to give his twin brother Scott some home truths about Kady.

Meanwhile, Adam isn't the only Thomas brother being lined up for a reality TV series this year, as his older brother Ryan - known for playing Jason Grimshaw in Coronation Street - is being tipped for Strictly Come Dancing too.

Other celebs rumoured for this year's line-up include former UKIP leader Nigel Farage, Made in Chelsea's Spencer Matthews and TOWIE's James "Arg" Argent.

I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! will return to ITV later this year.

Digital Spy

So how would he leave the farm for a while?

tammyy2j
09-11-2016, 12:49
Emmerdale's Adam Thomas might be switching the farm for the jungle if these latest rumours are anything to go by.

Adam - who conveniently enough plays Adam in the ITV soap - is reportedly in talks to appear on the upcoming series of I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!.

According to The Mirror, the 27-year-old actor is being lined up to be the eye candy of the jungle.

Adam has been part of the Emmerdale cast since 2009. He previously played Donte Charles in BBC One's Waterloo Road.

And he's no stranger to reality TV, making a brief cameo on Love Island last month to give his twin brother Scott some home truths about Kady.

Meanwhile, Adam isn't the only Thomas brother being lined up for a reality TV series this year, as his older brother Ryan - known for playing Jason Grimshaw in Coronation Street - is being tipped for Strictly Come Dancing too.

Other celebs rumoured for this year's line-up include former UKIP leader Nigel Farage, Made in Chelsea's Spencer Matthews and TOWIE's James "Arg" Argent.

I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! will return to ITV later this year.

Digital Spy

So how would he leave the farm for a while?

I wonder how he will be written out while in the jungle for I'm a Celeb, off to see him mum and Hannah

alcapo11
09-11-2016, 13:17
I wonder how he will be written out while in the jungle for I'm a Celeb, off to see him mum and Hannah

Or maybe he just wont be shown? Hes only in the jungle for three weeks, hes went months without being seen on screen before.

alcapo11
09-11-2016, 13:17

Or maybe he just wont be shown? Hes only in the jungle for three weeks, hes went months without being seen on screen before.

Perdita
16-01-2017, 18:49
Adam Thomas has a surprising request for his Emmerdale bosses - he wants his alter-ego Adam Barton to come out as gay.

The actor reckons that the gay characters "get good storylines" - and therefore would like Adam to have a romance with a man.

"Whoever's gay seems to get a good storyline so I'm hoping Adam turns gay," he said to The Sun. "I'm putting it out there. I'm not bothered about snogging another guy - I love guys."

"I've not kissed a guy yet, but there's a first time for everything. If you're gonna go there, go there. Life is a celebration. Make each day count, as they said in Titanic."

Emmerdale viewers will know that Thomas's character Adam is currently married to Victoria Sugden - and so his story request could come with a few complications.

Thomas took a break from the soap last year to compete in reality show I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, where he finished third.

Away from the soap, Adam is engaged to actress Caroline Daley and the pair are parents to their 2-year old son Teddy.

Digital Spy

rossfan
16-01-2017, 20:33
Adam just reeks of desperation and attention.

First he goes to I'm A Celeb and now this.

He's not that strong of an actor so all this over-promo for this guy really makes me dislike him.

rossfan
16-01-2017, 20:33
Adam just reeks of desperation and attention.

First he goes to I'm A Celeb and now this.

He's not that strong of an actor so all this over-promo for this guy really makes me dislike him.

olivia1896
16-01-2017, 23:42
He just said he wants to be written gay. That doesn't mean the writers are actually gonna make him gay. I do see what you mean though about him reeking of desperation I reluctantly admit

lizann
30-03-2017, 00:10
he is leaving if twitter chatter is true

Perdita
30-03-2017, 04:33
he is leaving if twitter chatter is true

I like him and Victoria .... but hoping for too much to have a couple stay together in soapland .. :(

Perdita
30-03-2017, 08:14
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3210346/im-a-celebrity-star-adam-thomas-quits-emmerdale/

Looks like it is confirmed that he is leaving

Perdita
30-03-2017, 17:44
Fans of Emmerdale's Adam Barton may be able to breathe a sigh of relief after all, with Adam Thomas playing down claims that he's quitting the show.

Viewers were left devastated last night as a tabloid newspaper claimed that Adam has decided to leave Emmerdale after eight years.

A report in The Sun claimed that Adam wants to front his own show after winning new fans on I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! and would bow out from the soap in late 2017.

However, after dozens of fans tweeted Adam hoping the news wasn't true, he posted this morning: "Don't believe everything you read, people."

He later cheekily added: "In other news who wants to be a guest on my new show?"

Follow
adam thomas ✔ @adamthomas21
Don't believe everything you read people 🙈
8:43 AM - 30 Mar 2017
145 145 Retweets 1,084 1,084 likes
Follow
In other news who wants to be a guest on my new show 😂😂😂
9:35 AM - 30 Mar 2017
52 52 Retweets 606 606 likes
Digital Spy also reached out to Emmerdale for further clarification, but they told us: "We never comment on speculation or future storylines."

Many Emmerdale fans are breathing a sigh of relief after Adam's tweets, although some are still holding out hope for an outright denial to stamp out the rumours once and for all.

Could he have just been denying that he wants to be a presenter, rather than confirming he's sticking around?

9h
Follow
Nic ♣️✖ @nwiggins02
@adamthomas21 and everyone breathes a sigh of relief.......
9:27 AM - 30 Mar 2017 · Glasgow, Scotland
Retweets 12 12 likes
9h
Rosita Villacis @rositavill
@adamthomas21 don't go 😢
Follow
Jo @joaniew1985
@rositavill @adamthomas21 I'm guessing this tweet is him saying he's not
8:49 AM - 30 Mar 2017
Retweets 5 5 likes
9h
Ian 🎗🔹 @IanMirandaSings
@adamthomas21 made my day
Follow
Angie @aon1948
@IanMirandaSings @adamthomas21 So he's not leaving now, is that it?
9:36 AM - 30 Mar 2017
Retweets 1 1 like
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

9h
Follow
Sally 💫 @Hawleysftmiller
@adamthomas21 PLEASE TELL ME YOURE STAYING
9:12 AM - 30 Mar 2017
Retweets 1 1 like
9h
Follow
Stephen Paul Pallach @SP_Richardsonx
@adamthomas21 So you are NOT leaving Emmerdale? ! Xx
8:45 AM - 30 Mar 2017
Retweets 2 2 likes
9h
Follow
✌ @Laurenokane_92
@adamthomas21 I hope it's not true 😥
9:31 AM - 30 Mar 2017
Retweets likes
9h
Follow
c misses atl @galwaygirllmj
@adamthomas21 MEANING ???
8:52 AM - 30 Mar 2017
Retweets likes
Adam has been at the centre of a number of big storylines during his eight years in Emmerdale, including dealing with the loss of his dad John, committing arson at the garage, discovering that his "uncle" James was actually his biological father, and being manipulated by dodgy lawyer Rakesh Kotecha over baby Johnny in a DNA test swap.

In real life, Adam Thomas finished in third place on I'm a Celebrity last year. After leaving the jungle, he insisted he had no plans to give up Emmerdale.

Asked in December about rumours he was planning to crack Hollywood, he replied: "No, I'm not! Sorry, no! I love Emmerdale, I really love Emmerdale."

Guess we shall have to wait and see .......

Perdita
17-04-2017, 14:32
Emmerdale’s Adam cheats on Victoria… with Vanessa!
Adam turns to Vanessa after a big row with his wife Victoria - and ends up kissing her.
With the Bartons at loggerheads over their fertility crisis, the couple are out to hurt each other. When Victoria thrusts a bag of Adam’s belongings at him, he ends up going to Vanessa’s.
As Adam offloads his woes, the drinks flow and a good laugh becomes something more as the married man leans in for a kiss. Are the pair, who have had a one-night stand before, about to do something they’ll later regret?
As the former lovers chat, drink and play video games, the evening begins to take a different turn…
Old passions resurface and Adam moves in for a kiss. Will it turn into more?
The next day, Adam and Victoria meet to talk. The married couple discuss their issues in a bid to get back on track.
But will Adam come clean to Victoria about what happened with Vanessa?
Watch Emmerdale on ITV from Mon 24 April.

https://fb-s-d-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-xlp1/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/17992301_822634521218711_7160231975464643786_n.jpg ?oh=321f3a5927b9d3fb4fbbdeed96c545cc&oe=598EFAB7&__gda__=1498293427_57b6ac468e72267c02f28e66ac3f008 e

tammyy2j
18-04-2017, 13:57
Why could Adam not have gone up to his mother's farm instead of to Vanessa who he has not spoken to in ages, very wrong there by both of them :angry:

Perdita
22-06-2017, 10:58
Been confirmed he is leaving

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3456434/emmerdales-adam-thomas-leaving-for-100k-panto-role-after-show-bosses-gave-ultimatum/

Perdita
22-06-2017, 11:21
Emmerdale has confirmed that Adam Thomas is leaving the show after eight years of playing Adam Barton.

Speculation has been rife about the actor's exit for a while now, following his successful stint on reality TV show I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! last year.

Although those rumours were initially played down, the ITV soap has now officially confirmed that Adam will be leaving the Dales early next year.

In a statement on Emmerdale's official website, Adam said: "I've had an amazing eight years working on Emmerdale and I've loved every minute of it.

"It was a really tough decision to take to leave, but I felt that now is the time to move on and challenge myself with some new roles."

"I'd like to thank everyone at Emmerdale for both giving me the opportunity to work as part of such a great team and for giving my character Adam Barton some great storylines too."

Emmerdale's series producer Iain MacLeod added: "Everyone will be really gutted to see Adam go! He's a top bloke and a really talented actor. But he's given us a lot of notice, so we've been able to prepare a huge exit story for him.

"I'm really excited to see it play out on screen – however sad it will be to wave goodbye to such a brilliant character and cast member."

Adam joined the show in 2009 and has gone on to be at the centre of a number of memorable storylines, including the deaths of his father John and sister Holly, his on-off relationship with wife Victoria Sugden and his popular 'bromance' with Aaron Dingle.

Digital Spy

SomersetSunShin
22-06-2017, 14:50
gutted to hear that Adam Thomas {a.k.a Adam Barton } is leaving Emmerdale early next year ... but ...

I have a feeling this won't be the only big character exit we see in the next few months to a year, there is also speculation that Jeff Hordley {a.k.a Cain Dingle } or Danny Miller {a.k.a Aaron Dingle } are being replaced in September 2017 due to Emmerdale Producer Iain MacLeod making the following comment in this http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-28/emmerdale-a-sexy-new-dingle-man-is-on-the-way article to Radio Times ''MacLeod’s description immediately brings to mind a young Cain or Aaron type rather than another Sam or Zak… Such is the complex nature of the Dingle family tree there are endless long-lost relatives who could turn up and slot into the show, so prepare yourselves for a secret son/brother/cousin to arrive at Wishing Well Cottage.''

lizann
26-08-2017, 02:26
maybe jason kills adam

helena1414
26-08-2017, 06:16
maybe jason kills adam

yes!!!!

tammyy2j
19-09-2017, 15:45
I wonder is Adam seriously ill from his beating off Jason, his sight is troubling him

I would not like to see him die as Moira has already lost Holly

kiwigirl
20-09-2017, 03:23
I wonder is Adam seriously ill from his beating off Jason, his sight is troubling him

I would not like to see him die as Moira has already lost Holly

I said a similar scenario a post, because Adam wont just leave Moira after losing Holly. Cain would have to reunite with Moira or Adam dies. But same, I would hate to see Moira lose another child.

SomersetSunShin
20-09-2017, 04:18
I think its Emma who dies on 5th October { 4 days after the Moira Farm Barn fire on 29th September episode } then I think Finn is found and prounced dead in the woods on 6th October

Adam is still on Emmerdale TV until 2nd week of January I think Iain MacLeod said

and Moira is supposed to be front and center of a story line going from 2017 into 2018

lizann
07-10-2017, 22:02
http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/06/emmerdale-spoilers-adam-bartons-name-is-cleared-over-finns-death-6982789/

adam cleared of finn's murder

Perdita
09-10-2017, 04:31
Adam Barton (played by Adam Thomas) might be bowing out of Emmerdale early next year, but fans of the soap character don't have to worry as he won't be being killed off.

"They're keeping the door open," Natalie J Robb, who plays Adam's on-screen mother Moira Dingle, told the Daily Star Sunday. "So hopefully he'll pop back at some point. He's like a son to me. I'm really going to miss him."

Speculation about Adam leaving the soap had been ongoing for a while before Emmerdale finally confirmed his departure back in June.

"I've had an amazing eight years working on Emmerdale and I've loved every minute of it," Adam said in a statement at the time.

"It was a really tough decision to take to leave, but I felt that now is the time to move on and challenge myself with some new roles."

"I'm gutted," Natalie added on her on-screen son's exit from the show.

"He told me a while before he decided to leave. He needs to tread the boards and see what else is out there."

Digital Spy

Perdita
15-12-2017, 12:20
Online rumours that Adam will be arrested today for Emma's murder which is also his exit storyline ..

lizann
15-12-2017, 13:21
Online rumours that Adam will be arrested today for Emma's murder which is also his exit storyline ..

taking the rap for moira?

Perdita
15-12-2017, 16:59
taking the rap for moira?

Looks like it at the moment unless there is another surprise development

tammyy2j
17-12-2017, 00:37
Adam's car was in the garage so only Cain, Dan or Ross could have taken it

Were the tyres that Arthur found from Adam's car?

I do not think Moira would want to lose another child to either prison or on the run for her crime

lizann
20-12-2017, 19:23
cain wants adam to plead guilty :p as moira couldn't handle prison

Kim
20-12-2017, 19:26
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/emmerdales-adam-thomas-shamelessly-begs-11727344

Aside from the obvious :rolleyes:, intriguing that he's mentioned a ghost. I don't think they'd kill Adam off so soon after Holly.

kiwigirl
20-12-2017, 19:54
Adam's car was in the garage so only Cain, Dan or Ross could have taken it

Were the tyres that Arthur found from Adam's car?

I do not think Moira would want to lose another child to either prison or on the run for her crime

Yes the tyres were from Adams car, Cain & Aaron had tried to hide them. And I think well more like hope that Ross would feel guilty and tell the police that he was driving Adams car. Maybe then NO one will be formally charged with Emma's murder and it will just go unresolved?

Perdita
24-12-2017, 05:43
Adam Thomas hasn't even left screens yet, but it seems he already wants his old Emmerdale job back.

The actor finished filming a few weeks ago but is still on screens and is in big trouble.

Despite Moira being unveiled as Emma Barton's murderer in explosive scenes last week, her son and Thomas's character Adam Barton is still in jail, with Cain refusing to let Moira go to the police and admit her guilt.

While we know Moira will be on screens for at least another year, Adam's final scenes will air over the next several weeks – although he's not going to die, so relax.

Before his exit has even aired, Thomas couldn't help but have some fun on Twitter on Wednesday evening (December 20) to ask the ITV soap if he could come back as some sort of spooky vision.

adam thomas

@adamthomas21
Dear @emmerdale I know it's only been a few weeks but am ready to come bk now even if I am a ghost ... it's been done before 😜

12:23 PM - Dec 20, 2017
145 145 Replies 163 163 Retweets 3,449 3,449 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
"Dear Emmerdale," he said. "I know it's only been a few weeks but am ready to come back now even if I am a ghost.

"It's been done before."

Don't worry, Adam. We're sure the truth will come out eventually...

Digital Spy

Splashy
24-12-2017, 06:39
Get back on your Barista course Adam or join your bro in Macdonalds :ninja:

I may be in a Grinch mood today.

helena1414
03-01-2018, 05:20
The new and improved Adam Barton

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018-01-02/emmerdale-recasts-adam-barton-and-danny-miller-is-delighted/

Perdita
03-01-2018, 05:54
The new and improved Adam Barton

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018-01-02/emmerdale-recasts-adam-barton-and-danny-miller-is-delighted/

It is a spoof with his real brother being shown as Adam :D

heydrich39
03-01-2018, 14:10
Good riddance he was awful ,the whites will be killed off hopefully,

Perdita
19-09-2018, 18:34
We think it's probably going to be a long while until Emmerdale fans see the return of Adam Barton – and not least because of Moira Dingle's upcoming shock confession.

That's because actor Adam Thomas, whose character is currently on the run in the soap, has switched the Yorkshire dales for a new BBC drama set in Wales.

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

CAM
@CAM_London
We can't wait for the new @BBC family drama #PitchingIn! Congratulations to @adamthomas21 who will be on our screens next Spring to show us what a family will do to make the best of a very unusual situation! @bexelliff

6:40 PM - Sep 18, 2018
40 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Agency Creative Artists Management revealed the news on Twitter yesterday (September 18), congratulating Adam on his new role in "family drama" Pitching In.

Adam is set to star alongside Gavin & Stacey co-stars Larry Lamb and Melanie Walters in the new show, which is set to follow a family making the "the best of a very unusual situation".

Pitching In is expected to arrive on the BBC next spring.

Adam's latest career move follows the news that the actor is "working in the property industry" between acting jobs.

Responding to claims that he would no longer be returning to acting, Adam reassured fans via Instagram that he'll never turn his back on acting.

Digital Spy

Perdita
18-10-2018, 08:37
https://meteorologiadelcaribe.com/emmerdale-spoilers-adam-barton-return-confirmed-in-location-reveal-heres-why/?fbclid=IwAR0cVeUY-QExtYm6GXYdjho2ZblAouwCZ5FOvMXpXYSxZDA-W6ZwHsZAHiI

EMMERDALE may have hinted at Adam Barton’s return to the ITV soap during tonight’s episode with one particular clue, despite actor Adam Thomas leaving earlier this year. When Emmerdale favourite Adam left the ITV soap, most people had turned their backs on him as they believed he’d down his aunt Emma Barton.

In tense scenes aired in January, Cain Dingle and Aaron Dingle concocted a plan to get Adam safely out of the country after becoming aware it was actually Moira Dingle who had downn Emma.

While the entire charade was Adam’s way of keeping his mother safe and able to live her life with freedom, it meant his wife Victoria Barton had to remain in the dark. Yet once the chef finally learned the truth in recent episodes, Victoria has been hellbent on finding her ex, and is even using a private investigator to help her now.

During tonight’s instalment however, Aaron dropped a complete bombshell on his husband Robert Sugden and newcomer Matty Barton. Viewers had already guessed Aaron was hiding something on the soap when he was spotted staring at an unknown number on his phone.

But tonight, the character finally revealed the truth. Speaking to Matty and Robert at the Woolpack bar, Aaron sheepishly said: “You don’t need to keep searching for him. Adam messaged me on a private account a few weeks ago, from Budapest.

Earlier, Matty admitted to his and Adam’s mother Moira he wasn’t even sure he wanted Victoria to find Adam, following their brief tryst two weeks ago.

But now the group have some concrete information of where Adam is, and they know he’s alive and safe, will this be the catalyst for his triumphant return to the village? One way this could happen is if Moira finally confesses to murdering Emma in court. While Adam will still likely go to prison, his sentence would be drastically reduced.

Perdita
25-10-2018, 10:36
Ever since viewers watched Victoria Barton launch a campaign to track down her missing husband Adam, hopes were raised that Adam Thomas would be reprising his role for an Emmerdale return but sadly it’s not to be – just yet anyway. Appearing on an episode of ITV’s Lorraine, the popular actor confirmed to Carol Vorderman that there were no plans for him to go back at this stage – however, he wasn’t ruling it out in the near future. Instead, Adam is now focusing on the upcoming BBC family drama Pitching In, in which he stars alongside his former I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! campmate Larry Lamb. And it was the jungle experience that made him quit Emmerdale in the first place. He said: ‘As soon as I got back I’d realised I was done [with Emmerdale]. I told my boss, “I’m done now I’ve made up my mind.”’

metro.co.uk

lizann
10-10-2019, 15:54
I'm a Celebrity: Extra Camp newest presenter

Perdita
08-07-2020, 17:13
Coming back??

https://twitter.com/adamthomas21/status/1280531175648493568?s=19&fbclid=IwAR0znRfWJDIWlsKRv_tZbgHt2NJrstQUwlNnwKmI5 UULh9R2T3mNCTnEXUc

lizann
14-01-2021, 21:09
on line talk he is in talks to return