PDA

View Full Version : 'Cutting It' actress joins 'Emmerdale'

Chloe O'brien
07-07-2009, 00:59
Former Cutting It actress Siân Reeves has joined the cast of Emmerdale for a six-month stint.
The 44-year-old, who played Sydney Henshall in the BBC salon drama, will take on the role of Sally Spode, an old love interest of Ashley Thomas (John Middleton). Ashley's wife Laurel (Charlotte Bellamy), however, takes an immediate disliking to her.
Of her casting, Reeves said: "Sally was Ashley's first love and he is a bit unnerved to see her in the village. I'm delighted to be joining such a celebrated show and looking forward to filming my first scenes."

Emmerdale series producer Gavin Blyth said: "We're delighted to welcome an actress of Sian's calibre to the show."
He added: "We have a great story coming up for Laurel and Ashley, and Sian's character will be right in the thick of the action, as the strength of their marriage is put to the test with unusual yet dramatic consequences."
Reeves begins filming later this week and will first appear on screen in August.
Her previous television credits have included Northern Lights, Where The Heart Is, City Lights and more recently, BBC One drama Hope Springs.
In 2006, she filmed a guest appearance (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a32680/sian-reeves-guests-in-eastenders.html) as Fargo's restaurant manager Elaine in EastEnders.

lizann
07-07-2009, 10:10
I hope Ashley dont cheat on Laurel

Perdita
07-07-2009, 10:12
That would be awful, seeing he is the vicar and is meant to be the pillar of society.

Katy
07-07-2009, 10:13
It would be awful, nothing can break up Ashley and Laurel.

angel_eyes87
07-07-2009, 13:19
With the actress Charlotte Bellamy leaving on maternity leave, maybe the Vicar still has feelings for his ex or she has a deadly secret about their past and this makes Laurel leave temporarily.

Perdita
07-07-2009, 13:28
I hope we are not looking at another couple that split for good :(

tammyy2j
07-07-2009, 13:43
I'd prefer to see Bernice (Gaby's mum and Diane and Rodney's daughter) back

angel_eyes87
07-07-2009, 16:08
I loved Bernice she was great in the show.

Abbie
08-07-2009, 22:33
I think I know which one she is!

I loved her :D

Chloe O'brien
13-07-2009, 00:05
It would be good for Ashley to have more of a comedy role with his ex with her chasing him but not cheat on Laurel. Laurel and Ashley have had a lot of heartache and problems over the last couple of years they need some fun back in their lives.

queenie
21-07-2009, 14:00
I thought Bernice died?

Perdita
21-07-2009, 14:11
No, she lives in Brighton :)

tammyy2j
19-08-2009, 14:25
Sian Reeves almost had to quit acting after an accident left her fighting for her life.

The actress arrives in the Dales next week as Sally Spode. But 44-year-old Sian nearly lost the career she loves after a freak accident when she was performing on stage. “Someone had left a trapdoor open backstage,” she explained.

“I fell down it on to a steel ladder and punctured my lung and crushed my upper rib cage.

“I might have been paralysed but I was flat on my back for the best part of a year. It was an incredibly scary time.”

Now she’s fighting fit and ready to cause chaos in the Yorkshire village.

And it’s unassuming vicar Ashley Thomas who is going to be stunned by her arrival as they were once in love.

Sian added: “Ashley’s really shocked and unnerved. He doesn’t know where to put himself.”

GossipGirl
22-08-2009, 10:45
I am so surprised she is back