PDA

View Full Version : One Foot Out Of The Grave

Perdita
29-06-2009, 17:51
I DON’T believe it! TV star Richard Wilson has revealed he’s ready to bring back cranky Victor Meldrew – even though he’s dead.

Wilson, 72, who stars as Gaius in BBC hit show Merlin, has admitted he would star in a special One Foot In The Grave comeback.

But with the iconic character being killed off in a hit-and-run accident nine years ago, the return would be along the lines of One Foot In Heaven, and would reveal how the grumpy pensioner is getting on in the afterlife.

Richard revealed that if the show’s original writer, David Renwick, could be persuaded to write a new script then he would definitely reprise the role.

Speaking to the Daily Star he said: “It’s up to David. If he wrote it I would do it because it meant so much to me.
“Victor changed my life, he’s a character I am very fond of.

“Taxi drivers always want to know about Victor, it’s quite nice actually.

“It’s touching I established a character that, dare I say, is quite iconic.”

I bet this would be as funny as One Foot In The Grave :lol:

Ruffed_lemur
29-06-2009, 18:28
I'd like to see Victor back. Would be great to see his views on things like the Internet!

Chloe O'brien
29-06-2009, 22:30
Richard was brilliant as Vitor Meldrum he would still be funny even 10 years on.

Abbie
29-06-2009, 22:38
:eek: hes dead!

Chloe O'brien
29-06-2009, 22:50
:eek: hes dead!

Yeah he was run over in the last episode there was a special one were him and Margaret were visiting someone in hospital and Margaret didn't speak to him. They did a sixth sense were he was there but he didn't know he was dead.

Abbie
29-06-2009, 23:05
:eek: I never knew

Perdita
30-06-2009, 05:48
Victor was killed by a female hit and run driver and she befriended Margaret after a while and then confessed. It was left for viewers to decide whether Margaret might have killed her after the confession :)