PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of help.

SarahWakefield
26-06-2009, 01:17
I don't know if I'm posting this topics in the right place, but here goes.

Me and my Fiance are looking to privately rent a flat. We put a deposit down on one yesterday so no one else can go view the property, the £100 secures it for 2 weeks.

We have got to send off credit checks that will take 2 - 3 days to come back, they will obviously check that your not in any bad debt, now, this is where I am worrying. Last year myself and my Mum signed up to a gym (bad idea) at the time we did NOT know we we're signing a credit agreement. Anyhow, we didn't pay for a few weeks as we we're trying to cancel the whole thing but in the end we couldn't, during that time we we're getting letters from this company saying they will blacklist us and take us to court, blah blah, as they do. It never had to come to that as we started paying each month.

So, I'm just wondering, will that information be on the credit check they do and totally wipe out my chances? I really hope not, cos I can prove they are getting paid now, with a Bank Statement or the Estate Agents could ring up the company! :hmm:

And also, does anyone know of any FREE website where you can check your credit rating? :confused:

StarsOfCCTV
26-06-2009, 11:53
You could try the Citizens Advice Bureau?

We are equipped to deal with any issue, from anyone; debt, benefits, housing, employment, consumer issues, relationships, family matters, health, education, discrimination, immigration and the law.

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/