PDA

View Full Version : Farrah Fawcett Dies, Aged 62

Bryan
25-06-2009, 18:25
Actress Farrah Fawcett has died of cancer at the age of 62.

It was reported earlier today that she had been admitted to an intensive care unit in Los Angeles following a deterioration in her health.

The former Charlie's Angels star had been battling anal cancer for three years. She had been given the all-clear in 2007, however, the disease later returned, report BBC News.

Earlier this week, the actress's long-term boyfriend Ryan O'Neal revealed that he planned to marry her. The couple started dating in the 1980s, while they had one son together called Redmond, 24, who is currently serving a prison sentence for drug use.

It is believed that O'Neal was gathered by her bedside along with other friends and family. It has also been claimed that a priest was called to her hospital room before she passed away.

From 1973 to 1982, Fawcett was married to Six Million Dollar Man actor Lee Majors.

She picked up a number of Golden Globe and Emmy nominations and in 1995 she was honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.

Trinity
25-06-2009, 18:27
How sad.

She was a bit of a style icon when i was young, everyone wanted their hair flicked just like hers.

62 is too young.

RIP

Debs
25-06-2009, 18:28
How sad.

She was a bit of a style icon when i was young, everyone wanted their hair flicked just like hers.

62 is too young.

RIP

So sad
R.I.P

Perdita
25-06-2009, 18:37
Such a shame, too young to die. :( :( RIP Farah

angel_eyes87
25-06-2009, 18:39
R.I.P Farrah

She was so young.

My prayers go out to her family and friends.

Chris_2k11
25-06-2009, 18:42
Agreed, no age at all.

RIP
x

Hannelene
25-06-2009, 20:48
So sad do you know I feel sadder her passing then when Jade passed away :(

sindydoll
25-06-2009, 21:16
she was an absolute stunner in her day...mind still was at 60 god love her...such a shame

Chloe O'brien
25-06-2009, 23:49
I remember Farrah when she was in Charlies Angels, as Trin said she was an icon when I was a kid every teenage boy had a poster of her on their bedroom wall. It's so sad that she has lost her battle with cancer,

Bryan
25-06-2009, 23:52
poor woman, another lost to this awful disease.
sadly this news is going to be buried underneath all the micheal jackson stuff.
i'm more sad about her than him if i'm honest
R.I.P

tammyy2j
26-06-2009, 00:09
RIP - she fought a brave battle until the end

lizann
26-06-2009, 00:32
RIP - an original Angel

Perdita
29-06-2009, 06:21
Farrah Fawcett has left part of her fortune to several women's charities, it has been reported.

The late Charlie's Angels starlet, who starred in the TV movie The Burning Bed as a battered woman, has set aside money for her favourite charities that help victims of domestic abuse, reports Contactmusic.

The 62-year-old actress passed away on Thursday after a three-year battle with cancer.

Reports claim that Fawcett's estate will donate thousands of dollars to American women shelters.

:clap:

Trinity
29-06-2009, 13:29
What a wonderful legacy.

Perdita
30-06-2009, 10:43
Friends and family of Farrah Fawcett will bid a final farewell to the actress at a private ceremony in Los Angeles.

Ms Fawcett died last week aged 62 following a long-running battle with cancer.

Her funeral will take place on Tuesday evening at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in downtown LA.

The Charlie's Angels star died in her hospital bed last Thursday. Her long-time partner Ryan O'Neal was beside her when she died.

Announcing the death he said: "After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away.

"Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."

The former Charlie's Angels star's battle against illness had been the focus of a moving documentary released just weeks before her death.

Born in Texas in 1947, the actress rose to fame in the 1970s through the highly successful Charlie's Angels. Fawcett played the role of Jill Munroe in the detective series, winning a People's Choice Award in the process.

Her fame was confirmed through the sales of posters depicting the actress in a one-piece red swimming costume, a picture which adorned the walls of many teenage boys' bedrooms in the late 1970s.

She also won female fans as a result of her hairstyle, with the "Fawcett do" a popular request at hairdressers of the time.

The Mirror

Hannelene
04-07-2009, 12:04
So sad about her death :(
A real charming, beautiful woman she will be missed