PDA

View Full Version : Private Practice Season 3

Perdita
19-06-2009, 14:45
Addison and the crew are finally back on UK screens next week with the second season of Private Practice so to celebrate, we caught up with Kate Walsh to get the lowdown. For those of you that have already watched/read about season two, panic not! Being the forward thinkers that we are, we quizzed Ms. Walsh on the third season and beyond. What's in store at Oceanside Wellness? Read on to find out!

How did US fans respond to season two?
"I don't look on boards and stuff because I think it's dangerous, but Shonda [Rhimes, exec producer] said people have responded in a positive way. One of my charities is planned parenthood, so I'm excited that on national television we have been able to talk about some of those issues. Shonda has a way of bringing things in in sort of a sideways way, either with humour or character."

What can we expect from the third season?
"There is a big season finale of season two and a lot happens so we have to resolve that next season. Beyond the dating stuff, one of the funnest relationships I have is that Grant Show comes on and plays my brother. That was really fun. And just to see Addison play a little sister to someone was really fun. I always thought Grant was super hot! He's also really funny - the world doesn't know how funny he is."

I hear that Addison's going to get involved with a married man...
"I know! It's funny when you read it, you're like, 'I object!' and then you realise it's not you, it's the character. I try to play the line and the vulnerability. It's what makes the characters characters and it's not for me to judge."

Could you ever see her reuniting with Derek?
"I don't think so. Who knows, because anything is possible in TV land - and in life! I thought one of the interesting dynamics of the crossover with Grey's was that with Derek and myself, it was nostalgic. There's the chemistry of having known someone for 15 or 20 years - it's like family now and I like that. There's an intimacy there."

Can we expect more crossovers with Grey's?
"I don't know. I wouldn't rule it out. It was really fun for me, personally, and I think the audience responded really well to it. I can't always be objective but I watched the three crossover episodes and I think it was a really strong arc. There are some great moments. All these little secrets come out, like my brother did some terrible things. It wasn't just a crossover for the sake of doing one. I think if it's relevant with the story again, I wouldn't rule it out."

What do you think are the main differences between the shows?
"Grey's is more surgical, with interns who are going through their residency, and [Private Practice] is more grown up. It's doctors at the height of their career, or if not, they're established in their speciality. The relationships are still there between the doctors, but it centres more around the ethics in the cases. In season two, I think you really see it. The show comes into its own and opens up."

Season two of Private Practice begins Thursday, June 25 at 9pm on Living.

Abigail
19-06-2009, 14:53
I've seen the trailers for this on Living. It looks really good so I think I may tune in :) I need something new to get my teeth into.

angel_eyes87
19-06-2009, 16:47
They should have showed Private Practice the same day as Grey's Anatomy from the beginning of season 5 as they have done cross over episodes, so when we are watching the episodes we already know the outcome because we saw it on Greys Anatomy months ago.

Jojo
20-06-2009, 08:36
I don't watch Grey's anymore though, but love Private Practice so I don't know any outcomes and it would make it totally disjointed for someone like me who doesn't watch Grey's. Plus, you would have two similar programmes together and then nothing to follow, so the programmers would want to have it this way rather than having everyone watching for say 4 months of the year, and then turning off the channel altogether for the remainder.

I've seen the trailers and it looks fab, bar Pete and the therapist obviously have some bedroom action - I wanted Pete and Addison together!

tammyy2j
04-08-2009, 15:53
After filming the first episode of the new season of Private Practice, co-star KaDee Strickland is giving viewers her diagnosis: “It is action, honey. Get ready, because it is not a game!”

Strickland, who plays the ABC medical drama’s hard-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside Dr. Charlotte King, says the cast just wrapped production on the season debut, which picks up from last season’s tense finale which left a conflicted Addison (Kate Walsh) on the verge of an affair with the married Noah and a pregnant, paralyzed Violet (Amy Brenneman) in the clutches of a psychotic patient planning to abduct her unborn baby.

“I don’t think anybody’s gonna get up to grab a beer during the show,” Strickland told TVGuidemagazine.com. “The stakes that ended the last season were so high, and the resolve and the payoff is worth every penny… I love what they’ve done with Kate in this episode. I love what they’ve done with everybody that’s in this episode.”

Strickland also thinks her own character will be more prominent. “[The writers] are really good at fusing light and shade. They never let her get too kind, so we’ll see if they do that. I mean, she is an evolving little flower now.”

Although she’s determined to stay tight-lipped on details about the third season’s direction, “We’ll be more in the personal lives of the main characters,” she revealed. “You get to really know more of who these people really are, as well as having great exciting cases that are very important, about health care and things like that which are important to us Americans.”

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/news/kadee-strickland-dishes-on-private-practice-1877.html

Hannelene
04-08-2009, 16:02
I love Private Practice :)
Can't get enough of this show!

lizann
05-08-2009, 12:10
Exec producer Shonda Rhimes announced that Chandra Wilson’s pulling double duty! The Grey’s Anatomy Emmy nominee will cross over to sister show Private Practice early into season 6 (episode 3, specifically) when Bailey visits Oceanside Wellness.

tammyy2j
10-09-2009, 14:56
Chris Lowell’s (Dell) episode order has been reduced from 22 to a minimum of 13 for Season 3

tammyy2j
10-09-2009, 14:57
The premiere flashes back to Oceanside’s pre-Addison days to show how Pete, Violet and the gang first met. (BTW, the editing technique the show employs to transition between the past and present is utterly original and highly effective. The episode also features a funeral (no, not Violet’s), two harrowing surgeries

tammyy2j
11-11-2009, 11:30
In the Dec. 3 episode, Dell's house will go up in meth cooking-related flames with his girlfriend and daughter inside. Sadly, one of the two will be making a visit to the burn ward.

:( poor Dell

tammyy2j
18-11-2009, 10:49
Addison's mom and dad (JoBeth Williams and Stephen Collins) are coming to visit on Dec. 3, and they're bringing a third: the other woman!

tammyy2j
03-03-2010, 11:59
Shonda Rhimes is introducing Derek Shepherd’s kid sis, but not on Grey’s Anatomy.

Caterina Scorsone is joining — wait for it — Private Practice in the recurring role of Dr. Amelia Shepherd, one of Derek’s never-before-seen sisters.

I’m told the character — nicknamed “Little Shep,” natch — lands a job at Oceanside Wellness.

Perdita
26-03-2010, 09:38
The executive producers of ABC's Private Practice have reportedly exited the show.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, showrunners Robert Rovner and Jon Cowan stepped down from the Grey's Anatomy spinoff.

Shonda Rhimes, creator of both shows, is expected to continue supervising all creative and production details of the series, currently in its third season.

Private Practice is said to be returning in the fall for a fourth season.

Grey's Anatomy star Katherine Heigl recently confirmed speculation that she has left the programme.

DS

tammyy2j
29-04-2010, 11:38
After an entire season of Violet (Amy Brenneman) being away from her child, a vicious court battle in Thursday's episode of Private Practice will determine where baby Lucas ends up — with faithful father Pete (Tim Daly) or back in the arms of his healing mother.

"It's the process and conversation that we've been waiting for for a year," Brenneman tells TVGuide.com, explaining that Violet never left her child for selfish reasons. "Violet separated herself from her baby because she was afraid she'd do something neglectful or abusive."

After last season's finale, where Violet was sliced and diced by an unstable patient who proceeded to steal her baby, Violet has come to terms with her stress, says Brenneman. "It's really satisfying to come around and have her finally say her piece."

However, the court case is not just about Violet and Pete. "It involves everybody because everybody takes the stand and has to be brutally honest," says Brenneman. "Violet gets support in surprising places and non-support in surprising places, and through it all, everybody gets beaten up."

"There is a lot of dirty laundry hung out in this episode," adds co-star Daly. "It's not just a little dirty, it is soiled. It's not pretty. Pete is so in the right about everything that happens, even though some people may not perceive it that way. He certainly defends himself, a rigorous defense of his position."

Oh and rigorous it is, though executive producer Shonda Rhimes defends her male lead's actions. "There's nothing you wouldn't do for your child," Rhimes says. "Maybe his methods are wrong, but to everybody else, he's a flawed human being who has been very hurt by Violet, and is very scared of what could happen with his kid."

So what does this custody battle mean for the future of Pete and Addison (Kate Walsh), who has finally taken a step closer to achieving her goal of being a mother this season? "It's such a huge struggle," says Walsh. "Of course she loves Lucas and is so connected to him, but she needs to do the right thing in the end. You see her really struggle in this episode with how really hopeless she is and how much she loves Lucas."

And even though Violet will walk away with a new sense of peace, the Oceanside Wellness crew will still be feeling the effects of this hearing long after the episode concludes. "Nothing is solved by the end of the episode, but a lot has changed by the end of the episode," says Rhimes.

Abigail
03-05-2010, 13:17
I hope Pete keeps custody.

Perdita
04-05-2010, 17:36
Chris Lowell has reportedly decided to leave Private Practice.

The actor, who plays Dell, has been a series regular this season but his episode order has been cut back from 22 to a minimum of 13 episodes, Zap2It reports.

A source has now claimed that he "will be leaving the show after season three and has no plans to return for season four".

The insider claimed that other cast members including Audra McDonald are also "looking to get out of their contracts", adding: "They aren't happy on the show."

Representatives for ABC could not be reached for comment.

tammyy2j
05-05-2010, 14:42
Chris Lowell has reportedly decided to leave Private Practice.

The actor, who plays Dell, has been a series regular this season but his episode order has been cut back from 22 to a minimum of 13 episodes, Zap2It reports.

A source has now claimed that he "will be leaving the show after season three and has no plans to return for season four".

The insider claimed that other cast members including Audra McDonald are also "looking to get out of their contracts", adding: "They aren't happy on the show."

Representatives for ABC could not be reached for comment.

I guess he dies so

tammyy2j
06-05-2010, 11:58
Addison Forbes Montgomery (Kate Walsh) has had quite the revolving door of men on Private Practice, though executive producer Shonda Rhimes says it's all for good purpose: "We're bringing her on a journey to get a chance to have a happy ending."

So, is the happy ending with Pete (Tim Daly), with whom Addison has been playing house this season, or Sam (Taye Diggs), whose pining has sent him into an angry tailspin?

Although Addison has been in a relationship with Pete for the better part of Season 3, "it's really about the baby," Walsh tells TVGuide.com. "The baby is like the little carrot that's being dangled in front of Addison. She's super torn, but her affection is really about that baby."

Her affection also springs from her need to avoid being with Sam, says Walsh. "That tension with Sam is still there and lingering. It's always there, like avoiding the forbidden fruit."

"There will always be that kind of tension between these two characters just because of their history," adds Diggs, noting that he's been having fun playing the awkward moments with Walsh. "If you're in love with someone and see they're with someone else and playing family, it can get to you. Even though Sam has his own family, he feels like he's on the outside."

And Sam certainly has been on the outside this season, with Pete playing "a really good boyfriend to Addison," says Daly, adding she still has strong feelings for Sam "and it's a big mess."

Addison's love life may be complicated now, but Rhimes insists that she has a shot at obtaining happiness in the near future. "I would love to see her in a healthy relationship," she says.

"She might put one foot down on the road to happiness," adds Walsh. "Like she dips her toes in the happiness pool, so hopefully in the fall she'll be full-on swimming in happiness."