PDA

View Full Version : 'Pirates 4' a "priority" for Disney

Perdita
11-06-2009, 12:31
Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has said that a new Pirates Of The Caribbean movie is a "priority" for Disney.

Speaking to ComingSoon.net, Bruckheimer revealed that the studio is eager to make Pirates 4 with Johnny Depp before he stars as Tonto in a new Lone Ranger movie.

"It's a great franchise for them and for us, too," Bruckheimer said. "We love the character and Johnny was really excited about coming back to Captain Jack. He certainly is interested in Tonto, but Disney's priority is to get Pirates made first. You never know what's going to happen, but they would like it."

Series director Gore Verbinski left Pirates 4 to helm video game adaptation BioShock. However, Verbinski has since suggested that he may not make BioShock, leaving the door open for a Pirates sequel return.

"He created the franchise so we'd love to have him back," Bruckheimer said of Verbinski's potential return, "but it's kind of up to him."

SBBB. Next Clue - Same Old Girls, Five Years Later.

Abbie
11-06-2009, 13:06
Havent they been going on about this for ages now

Layne
11-06-2009, 14:07
Just been speculation up until this point - which to be fair was probably started by the fans!
Gore HAS to do it - i dont know if it will be the same without him :( But at least Jerry is up for it :D

moonstorm
11-06-2009, 14:10
As long as Mr Depp is there!!!!!!!

Hannelene
11-06-2009, 14:22
Is it really going to happen or is it more rumours?

Abigail
11-06-2009, 14:26
I thought there was only three books written :hmm:

Jeremy Bruckheimer has produced some of the best US dramas on tv, he's brilliant.

Hannelene
11-06-2009, 14:33
He makes all my favourite shows :)

angel_eyes87
11-06-2009, 19:34
I want Orlando and Keira in this movie aswell.

It looked like there was hints for the 4th movie, when Jack had the map and then Elizabeth had Wills baby, in which he came back 10 years later.

Layne
11-06-2009, 22:16
Jerry is a LEGEND :)
Johnny Depp HAS to be there - not to fussed on Keira to be honest, and i'd love Orlando to come back but i don't know how they'd tie it in

And books - i didn't think they were based on books ... :S

CrazyLea
11-06-2009, 22:48
I'd love a new movie. Love these!!!!

I'm opposite to you though Layne. I'd love Keira to come back, but wouldn't really be fussed about Orlando coming back. And I couldn't think of anything worse than Will and Elizabeth having a baby :eek:. Unless of course Will dies in a sad dramatic death, and Jack takes on the role of the Baby's father :D :p.

Abbie
14-06-2009, 15:43
Books?

The film wasnt based on a book, it was based on the ride is Disneyland
Its like the dullest ride ever! but when the films came out the ques were massive for it and then after the 2nd film they changed it to fit the characters in

Abigail
14-06-2009, 17:22
Jeez, half of my life must have been made up in my dreams :lol:

Abbie
14-06-2009, 21:51
:lol: lol its ok, most films come from books
Its great how this film came from a ride, like one ride thats made well nearly 4 films

di marco
15-06-2009, 11:28
ive still not seen any of these. bought the first one ages ago!

Abbie
15-06-2009, 15:39

:eek: OMG! you NEED to watch them

di marco
17-06-2009, 10:53

:eek: OMG! you NEED to watch them

i know! i just havent got round to it. i need to buy the 2nd and 3rd one still yet, although im guessing theyll be quite cheap now hopefully

Abbie
26-07-2009, 22:27
Filming news (http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/disney-pirates-of-the-caribbean-4-films-in-april-and-may-next-year.php)

Gonna be filmed april/ May 2010

tammyy2j
27-07-2009, 11:45
British actor Orlando Bloom is the latest star to quit the Pirates Of The Caribbean film franchise - reportedly joining Keira Knightley in walking away from the Disney series.

Movie bosses are currently planning a fourth film as a follow-up to 2007's Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

Last year Knightley announced she will not be returning to shoot another movie with Bloom and Johnny Depp - insisting her "pirating days are over".

And now Bloom has followed her out of the door, according to British tabloid the New of the World.

A source tells the publication, "Orlando loved the films but thinks it’s time to bow out because they tied up nicely for his character Will Turner.

"The producers are Ok with that because they want to concentrate on the new adventures of Johnny Depp’s (character) Captain Jack Sparrow."

Abbie
27-07-2009, 12:28
I heard they werent even gonna be in it anyway

Abbie
16-09-2009, 22:59
At the Disney D23 Expo, some new info has been revealed regarding the upcoming fourth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. The studio recently announced the new film’s subtitle as, On Stranger Tides. Pirates is scheduled for release during the summer of 2011, and will feature the return of Captain Jack as played by Johnny Depp. The new title isn’t as catchy as At World’s End, but it will do.

Production on Pirates 4: On Stranger Tides is scheduled to begin in the spring of 2010 around April or May. At the moment they haven’t confirmed a director for the feature even though earlier reports had Chicago helmer Rob Marshall up for the job. Since Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom won’t be reprising their roles for the fourth film, Disney is considering On Stranger Tides the first installment of a new trilogy.

We have a title :D

Perdita
29-09-2009, 16:36
Johnny Depp will not be replaced in the fourth instalment of the Pirates Of Caribbean franchise, according to a studio spokesperson.

Rumours had surfaced that the role of Captain Jack Sparrow could be recast after Depp admitted to losing some enthusiasm for the project following the departure of Dick Cook from Disney.

He had hinted to the Los Angeles Times that he only accepted the fourth movie offer because of his friendship with Cook.

However, a representative for Disney has told Radar Online that the speculation is "completely unfounded" and that the role will not be recast.

The fourth instalment, tentatively titled Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, is scheduled for release in 2011.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a179674/disney-wont-replace-depp-in-pirates-4.html

Perdita
22-10-2009, 17:11
Bill Nighy has claimed that the announcement about the proposed fourth Pirates Of The Caribbean instalment is "not reliable".

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer previously stated that the project is a "priority" for Disney. Star Johnny Depp's participation may be in question though after studio chairman Dick Cook was relieved of his position. The actor admitted that he only agreed to appear in the sequel because of his friendship with Cook.

Now Nighy, who plays squid-faced Davy Jones in the franchise, has hinted that the pronouncement of the update might have been premature.

He told Sci-Fi Wire: "I understand that there was an announcement that there was going to be a fourth, and now I've been told since that that was not a reliable announcement."

However, the star added that should the fourth movie transpire, he would be keen to reprise his role.

He added: "I would love to be in it, because I had a wonderful time with those. They were great people, and those films are beloved, so it would be great to be in a fourth one."

A Disney representative recently confirmed that Depp will not be replaced in the tentatively titled Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, scheduled for release in 2011.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a183206/nighy-pirates-4-announcement-unreliable.html

Perdita
19-01-2010, 10:20
Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides will film in Hawaii this summer.

The islands of Kaua'i and O'ahu is to host the fourth instalment in Johnny Depp's pirate saga, Governer of Hawaii Linda Lingle and Disney CEO Bob Iger announced yesterday.

Nine director Rob Marshall is at the helm of the blockbuster, which will again be produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.

"We've always sought out the most extraordinary and exotic locations for the Pirates Of The Caribbean films and previously shot briefly on both Maui and Moloka'i for At World's End," said Bruckheimer.

"Hawai'i provides an amazing range of both land and seascapes, and we're delighted to return for On Stranger Tides."

The production is expected to pump an estimated $85 million into the local economy.

The new Pirates is due to open in cinemas on May 20, 2011.

DS

Abbie
21-01-2010, 16:36
oooo Im really excited now :D

Perdita
28-01-2010, 10:34
Orlando Bloom has confirmed that he will not be reprising his role in the next Pirates Of The Caribbean movie, but insists he is looking forward to watching it.

The actor, who starred as Will Turner in the first three movies in the Disney franchise, told MTV News that he will "definitely" not be joining Johnny Depp for the fourth instalment.

"No, definitely not. I think Will is sort of swimming around with the fish at the bottom of the ocean," he explained.

"I had a great time making those movies. I just really also wanted to do different things, but I think it's going to be great. Whatever Johnny does, it's always fantastic."

When asked about the addition of Chicago director Rob Marshall to the series, he replied: "I think he's an amazing director. I think it will be a very interesting fit, because Johnny is musical anyway and I'm sure that something really beautiful will come out of it."

Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 is scheduled to begin filming in Hawaii this summer with an expected release date of 2011.

Aww :(

tammyy2j
11-02-2010, 17:55
Penelope Cruz is in talks to star alongside Johnny Depp in Pirates Of The Caribbean 4.

The Spanish beauty is in negotiations to play a character who will be Captain Jack Sparrow's "foil and equal", The Hollywood Reporter reveals.

Rob Marshall, who directed Penelope in Nine, is to helm Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides from a script written by Terry Rossio and Ted Elliot.

Pirates 1, 2 and 3 director Jerry Bruckheimer is producing.

Pirates 4 is due to be filmed in Hawaii this summer and Disney is planning a release for May 20, 2011.

Orlando Bloom, Mackenzie Crook and Naomie Harris have already revealed they will not return for the fourth instalment. It is not known if Keira Knightley will star in the film.

lizann
12-02-2010, 11:57
I love if Will returns

tammyy2j
23-02-2010, 11:49
Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides just took a turn for the better – Ian McShane is now locking in a deal to play the movie’s villain, Blackbeard.

If he signs on, he’ll play opposite Johnny Depp’s Jack Sparrow as the dastardly baddie that Jack will need to face off against on his quest to locate the Fountain Of Youth.

With Penelope Cruz already setting sail, director Rob Marshall is slowly filling his ship as he prepares to shoot this summer.

lizann
22-03-2010, 11:06
We already knew she was setting sail for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, but MTV have been talking to Michael Bay and have gathered some more details about the role Penelope Cruz will be playing. She's Blackbeard's daughter. "She brings a lot of humor to it," says Bay, wearing his producer's hat (On Stranger Tides is directed by Rob Marshall), and reveals that Cruz is "feisty", and that there'll be "a little romance between Captain Jack and the character that Penelope plays."Blackbeard, as previously announced, will be played by Ian McShane, but Bay also confirms the rumours that he'll have roguish piratical competition from Geoffrey Rush, who will be returning as Captain Hector Barbossa. Sounds like the only real connection to Tim Powers' novel is the search for the Fountain of Youth, but as a fresh start and new direction to the series we're still quite optimistic here.

Perdita
15-04-2010, 10:08
Astrid Bergès-Frisbey has joined the cast of Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Disney has announced.

French actress Bergès-Frisbey will star as Syrena, a mermaid who encounters Johnny Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow.

The 23-year-old's previous screen credits include Bruc and La Première Étoile. She has also appeared on stage in the French production of Equus.

Depp, Penélope Cruz, Ian McShane, Geoffrey Rush and Stephen Graham will star in On Stranger Tides, with Rob Marshall and Jerry Bruckheimer serving as director and producer respectively.

Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom have stepped aside from the fourth nautical blockbuster.

Disney plans to shoot the new Pirates film in June for a May 2011 release.

lizann
16-04-2010, 12:59
Disney has cast one of France’s most in-demand young stars, Astrid Berges-Frisbey, in the key role of Syrena for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Syrena, according to Pirates’ press notes, is a “beautiful and alluring young mermaid” who will play opposite Johnny Depp’s Captain Jack Sparrow. Few plot details have been given for this latest movie, though we know that Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom’s characters Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner will not be back for the new iteration directed by Chicago helmer Rob Marshall.

Berges-Frisbey, 23, is a French model and actress, who has appeared in French films La Premiere Etoile and Un Barrage Contre le Pacifique and the French stage production of Peter Shaffer’s Equus. The movie is set to begin filming in June on location in Hawaii, Great Britain and Los Angeles. It’s slated to open on May 20, 2011.

A Mermaid

lizann
19-04-2010, 12:18
Disney has announced that British newcomer Sam Clafin has joined the cast of Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.The press release (snagged by Coming Soon) lists Clafin as a Lamda graduate who won his first acting role in the upcoming historical series The Pillars Of The Earth, and has followed that with post-apocalyptic tale The Lost Future.But he’ll get his really big break when he steps up to the role of Philip a young missionary who gets mixed up with Johnny Depp’s Jack Sparrow on his hunt for the Fountain Of Youth.Clafin will start shooting in June along with the rest of the cast, which currently includes Depp, Penelope Cruz, Ian McShane, Stephen Graham, Max Irons and French actress Astrid Bergès-Frisbey

lizann
11-06-2010, 14:55
Geoffrey Rush is officially returning to reprise his role as Captain Hector Barbossa in the fourth Pirates Of The Caribbean. Variety report that Rush’s Barbossa is “one of the few returning characters” from the previous flicks, with neither Orlando Bloom or Keira Knightley returning to the high seas.

Perdita
29-10-2010, 06:36
Stephen Graham has revealed details about his character Scram in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Speaking to Digital Spy, the British actor said that he is having a "brilliant" and "fun" time making the fourth movie in the adventure series.

Graham said of his character: "I'm Penelope Cruz's right-hand man, but don't get me wrong [Scram will] go anywhere where there's a pound note and a job involved. He doesn't have to be loyal to anyone. He's a great character to play and it's nice for me, for a change, to play some comedy.

"He's got a slightly glass eye. He's got half an eye on his right eye. He's got a huge scar around his face near that eye as well. It's great to let my hair down and have a bit of fun with the script."

Graham also offered praise for Pirates star Johnny Depp, who he worked with on Michael Mann's crime epic Public Enemies.

"You don't sit down for a cup of tea and he talks like Jack Sparrow, he's not like that," Graham said. "That's what I love about him, you can sit and chat and he'll be talking about some kind of mushroom in a lovely dinner he had and then you say 'action!' and he just becomes Jack Sparrow.

"Then he'll come back and say, 'About that sauce. What you need to do is add a little bit of…' It's just fantastic how he clicks into character."

Perdita
08-11-2010, 06:45
Dame Judi Dench is to share screen time with Johnny Depp again, having landed a cameo role in Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, it has been reported.
The Oscar-winning actress was apparently asked by director Rob Marshall, who she worked with on Nine, if she would like to have a brief appearance in the opening scene of the fourth instalment of the swashbuckling franchise, reports the Daily Mail.

If her scenes make the final cut, Dame Judi plays a noblewoman who gets robbed by Captain Jack Sparrow, portrayed by Johnny, whom she previously starred with in Chocolat ten years ago.

The duo apparently enjoyed their reunion and were in fits of giggles most of the time.

Dame Judi has recently completed shooting scenes for My Week With Marilyn alongside Michelle Williams and Kenneth Branagh, and is in India filming John Madden's The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel with Maggie Smith.

tammyy2j
14-12-2010, 13:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuDxVlK3uAE&feature=player_embedded

Abbie
14-12-2010, 15:26
Omg yay :D :D

tammyy2j
23-05-2011, 15:27
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides topped the US box office this weekend, taking an estimated $90.1 million.

The Johnny Depp-led action film scored the highest opening weekend of the year so far, ahead of the $83.6 million taken by Fast Five earlier this month.

Abigail
30-05-2011, 21:44
I saw this today and I'm disappointed. The film seemed to drag and I found it hard to stay focused on it. It felt to me like yet a sequel to a series that should have ended with the third installment. The first three had a purpose whereas this film goes off on a complete tangent, all of the cast bar three (Barbosa, Sparrow and Gibbs) are replaced, Barbosa has apparently renounced piracy, it just didn't sit right with me.

I saw it in 3D which was another tedium as the contrast was far too dark for me. In short, I won't bother buying this on DVD when it comes out.