PDA

View Full Version : Dear God , Please Take Dot Soon !

walsh2509
04-06-2009, 20:03
MAAAAAH ! Gran , yes Dot , dad plans to kill you for your money and I was to help him but I can't do it.

He's been hiding your stuff to make you think your going off your head , and he plans to use your drugs to kill you off ..

Boom bang crash, what's happened ! Its your nick he's flung dotty in the back of his car and ended up crashing it into a stall. He then took everyone in the Cafe hostage, and then set it on fire.

Nooo , not my son , not my nick he wouldn't do that !"

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! Same old script from dot, look hes got a knife and he's about to kill you, noooo, not my nick.

Please get rid of her ... of no use what so ever ... can only hope Dotty finishes the job!

Abigail
04-06-2009, 20:07
I agree. Some may think June is a brilliant actress and deserves her MBE. I don't see the appeal in her.

I'd say there are better actresses in the show but it is EastEnders....

Chloe O'brien
04-06-2009, 20:20
It's the writers who are to blame for poor storylines June is a terrific actress she can only work with the tools she is given. The trouble with the writers are they are bone idle, they want to target a younger audience of late teens early 20's and they think if they dig up storylines that was used 10 15 years ago no-one will notice.

Perdita
04-06-2009, 20:27
Don't know whether walsh2509 is a mother or parent (sorry, I think mums might be ore emotional in certain circumstances than some men) but I can appreciate where Dot is coming from. She is a mum who will love her son unconditionally and until my son is trying to kill me, I will not judge anybody else, especially not an actor and the storyline. Dot is also very religious and can't believe that her God would allow her son and granddaugher to betray her. Again, I can appreciate this, although I would not share her belief.

Abigail
04-06-2009, 20:28
But after all these years and everything Nick has done to her, how can she still believe he's this perfect son who wouldn't hurt a fly?

Chloe O'brien
04-06-2009, 20:31
But after all these years and everything Nick has done to her, how can she still believe he's this perfect son who wouldn't hurt a fly?

Because she's a Mother who'll stand by her family no matter what and a Christian who see's the good in people. That is the moral beliefs that Dot has.

Perdita
04-06-2009, 20:33
Chloe, we are singing from the same hymn sheet, thank you.

Chloe O'brien
04-06-2009, 20:41
I know Perdy but's it's cool. Ever since the early days of EE Dot has always defended Nick and turned a blind eye to her Charlie when he was stealing from her purse to go to the pub. And in the days before forums like these EE viewers used to yell at Dot for being so gulible but that is Dot she is kind hearted and forgiven and it wouldn't be the Dot Cotton that has been loved by millions of EE fans over the years if she was to change the way she is now.

di marco
04-06-2009, 22:26
i like dot and i like june brown. but its so annoying that she was defending him today after what hes done. in a few months time maybe yes i could understand her defending him but the day after he tried to kill you?

lizann
04-06-2009, 23:40
Nick is pure evil he has proven this time and time again and Dot knows this

Abigail
04-06-2009, 23:53
Nick is pure evil he has proven this time and time again and Dot knows this

Yet she still doesn't believe he'd do such things :confused:

I understand that a mother never stops loving a child etc. but after everything he's done then he tries to off her again... I don't get how she can still say "not my Nick."

If my son ever tried to manipulate me with a child then plan my death so he could get his hands on my money, I wouldn't stand by him and claim his innocence. That's not even factoring in all the other things he did.

Nick will never change. He'll always cause heartache for Dot until her dying day, whether that's by Nick's hand or God's.

Kim
05-06-2009, 00:23
I understand why Dot didn't throw him straight out when he arrived; he's had cancer, lost his son which can change someone a great deal and Dot knows that Nick finds the subject difficult to talk about. He also had Dotty appear to get on well with him which suggested he had changed; more so to Dot than viewers I would assme as clearly she is disappointed that Nick's done all the things that he has over the years and would wish as a mother that he would change.

However, it was clear than Nick was up to no good even to Dot when he 'sold' Dotty to her. Though he ended up returning the money if I remember rightly someone who had even considered doing such a thing hasn't changed. Dot wouldn't have dreamed of selling Nick like that. Having tried to kill her in the same manner twice it is clear that this leopard isn't going to change its spots and I too don't get the "not my Nick" stuff now.

Siobhan
05-06-2009, 09:30
I don't think any mother would want to think her son is pure evil... Dot loves Nick unconditionally and will always protect him regardless of what he does. Mothers will always defend their children, to admit your son is bad means admitting to yourself that you have done wrong by your child. It is hard for Dot, she is religious, she tried to bring Nick up the right way and deep down he does love her, the conversation about Ashley and how he cried when he thought she was dead is prove of that.

Chloe O'brien
06-06-2009, 00:16
I can only go on my opinion when John Altman was last in the show. Everyone in the square told Dot how evil her Nick was, Pauline, Angie Watts, Dr Legg, Lou Beale and dear old Ethel to as well as many others but Dot ignored them by saying "Not My Nick" because that is what Dot did and we loved her for it. they should have had him terrorising the square and everyone in it without targeting his dear old mum. The writers have made a shambles with this storyline as they did with the return of Dirty Den and what they will do again when Sam Mitchell appears back on the screen. They're not going to write new material for her they're going to dig up olds stuff from the archive boxes and have her jumping into bed with Ricky within a month of being back on the square.

Siobhan
08-06-2009, 09:46
I agree with you.. I think they should have had Nick against Walford to protect his mum and to show everyone they were wrong about him and that he truly loves his mother

alan45
08-06-2009, 11:05
How many times must Dot do the Christian thing and keep turning the other cheek. Even our Lord would have got fed up with the lazy scriptwriters on Deadenders by now. Surely its time for Dot to stand up for herself and see Nick as he truly is. Evil personified.

parkerman
08-06-2009, 14:09
If Dot believes in the Old Testament as well, which presumably she does, it's about time she smote her son.

Perdita
08-06-2009, 14:49
Ahh, parkerman, you do not understand the emotions of a mother :nono:
She probably does not want to admit he is a nasty piece because it might reflect on her.

parkerman
08-06-2009, 14:54
No, I do. Really. I have the same emotions as a father...I think. I was just referring to the contradictions in the bible for a God-fearing woman like Dot.

Perdita
08-06-2009, 15:03
I still think that mums and dads feel different for their offspring but I can see your point about Dot and the bible. Still don't want the good Lord to come and take her though, EE would not be the same. :)

tammyy2j
08-06-2009, 16:13
This storyline for Dot/Nick/Dotty was a disaster - its time to kill Nick off once and for all

Perdita
08-06-2009, 18:16
I agree, Nick needs to be killed off, not Dot :)

di marco
10-06-2009, 12:11
nick and dotty need to be killed off! dot should stay though

sindydoll
13-06-2009, 11:08
i like nick's character

Perdita
13-06-2009, 11:16
What exactly do you like about his character? :searchme:

DaVeyWaVey
13-06-2009, 11:17
I agree - this storyline was pants. Nick and his 8 year old daughter (or however old she is) teaming up together to kill Dot... could it get even more ridiculous?! :rolleyes:

I think Dot should stay and Nick and Dotty should go.

Abigail
13-06-2009, 12:02
Dotty isn't even Nick's daughter is she? I thought Nick got with her mum who later died.

parkerman
13-06-2009, 12:55
What exactly do you like about his character? :searchme:

I have to say I liked the way John Altman played Nick this time round. I think he realised the whole story line was pants and acted accordingly making Nick in to a real melodramatic pantomime villain.

As far as we know, Nick is Dotty's father...isn't he? :confused:

Abigail
13-06-2009, 14:59
I remember Nick saying something about Dotty's mother when he first arrived. I may be mistaken, it's been several months since I tuned in properly.

parkerman
13-06-2009, 15:01
According to the official BBC Eastenders web site, Dotty is Nick's daughter. Her mother is Sandy.

di marco
15-06-2009, 12:29
yeh dottys mum had something to do with drugs (i think) and died. im sure it was said that nick was her dad though

JustJodi
15-06-2009, 15:30
I agree - this storyline was pants. Nick and his 8 year old daughter (or however old she is) teaming up together to kill Dot... could it get even more ridiculous?! :rolleyes:

I think Dot should stay and Nick and Dotty should go.

please tell me that DOTTY is leaving soon PLEASE PLEASE:searchme: :hmm: I can not stand that evil child..I can tell that Dot has taken some of what Nick said about Dotty aboard,, its obvious when she was leaving out her pills to see what Dotty would do,, ummm dash it all she went for the cookie box,, :rotfl:

parkerman
15-06-2009, 16:10
I guess Dotty is smart enough to know what Dot is up to though.