PDA

View Full Version : EXCLUSIVE: Emotional 'Neighbours' death planned - name revealed SPOILER

Perdita
03-06-2009, 14:07
Ramsay Street will be plunged into mourning in a few weeks following the death of Neighbours' Bridget Parker (Eloise Mignon), Digital Spy can reveal.

The teenager, who will give birth to a baby daughter just days before her untimely death, will pass away following a car accident involving her and her parents Steve (Steve Bastoni) and Miranda (Nikki Coghill).

After the Parkers' car flips while on a road trip, the family are separated as their battle for survival begins. With little baby India her main priority, Bridget puts her own life on the line in order to get her newborn daughter to safety. Tragically, although help eventually comes for Bridget and baby India, Bridget's health takes a turn for the worse and the young mother loses her fight for life.

Speaking to DS about Bridget's death, Neighbours executive producer Susan Bower said: "It's a fortnight of Neighbours that is not to be missed from beginning to end.

"It's the way the story is told, the dramatic and emotional tension, that is really quite outstanding and it goes on so that it's not over. It's the story that keeps on giving for another three or four weeks."

When asked about her decision to kill off the character, Bower added: "I can't imagine that Bridget and Declan would split up. Yes of course you want a bang, but you have to remain true to the character. The love that Bridget and Declan have and the investment that we the audience have put into it, it would be betraying the audience.

"The actress (Mignon) wanted to leave. She had a place at university that she deferred for two years and she was going to lose it and she really wanted to have something behind her. I was terribly, terribly upset to lose her, but we've done her proud."

Rumours surrounding how the Parkers would leave Ramsay Street began surfacing after it was announced that the family was to be written out of the series.

Bridget's final episodes will air in Australia in July.

:crying: :crying: :crying:

lizann
03-06-2009, 14:51
I hope Declan is left keep the baby and not Miranda

Katy
03-06-2009, 17:37
:crying: :crying: Its going to be like Stingray all over again. :crying:

LostVoodoo
03-06-2009, 19:30
OMG, that is so sad :(

the actress palying her seems like a sensible gal though. nice to say she didn't mind being killed off as it did not betray Bridget and Declan's relationship.

aren't Miranda and Steve leaving too?

Perdita
03-06-2009, 19:32
Yes, they are :(

tammyy2j
04-06-2009, 13:11
OMG that is so sad

*-Rooney-*
03-07-2009, 19:30
oh thats pretty sad, im glad didge and declan didnt break up though.

I hope declan and Rebecca are left with the baby its only right isnt it.

Abbie
03-07-2009, 20:47
this will be happening soon :(

*-Rooney-*
03-07-2009, 21:00
when will it be shown in the uk?

Abbie
03-07-2009, 21:00
I dont know sorry, I watch at Oz pace

Jessie Wallace
03-07-2009, 22:13
Not for another 3 months or so

*-Rooney-*
04-07-2009, 00:02
well sass has just left the street and didge and declan got engaged how far behind am i approx

Jessie Wallace
04-07-2009, 00:35
I'd say a good 6 weeks maybe 10.
On Monday you'll watch episode 5681
And on Monday I'll watch episode 5726

I'll let you do the maths

thestud2k7
04-07-2009, 03:23
when will it be shown in the uk?

my guess would be september / october time