PDA

View Full Version : Bleach on T Shirt

Abigail
29-05-2009, 18:29
Last weekend I was using some bleach and didn't realise I got it on my top until today.

It's a slate coloured top and the bleached areas are a peachy colour. It's been washed and the peach is still there in two separate areas.

Is there any way I can get it out without dying the top or any other radical method? I looked on the internet and somebody mentioned alcohol, others have said fabric pens but most said it's permanent and can't be covered up/removed unless the whole garment is dyed. :searchme:

Chloe O'brien
29-05-2009, 20:07
I don't think you can get rid of it Abigail. I spilt some bleach on a black top of mines once while cleaning the loo and the top went orange were the bleach dots were, even after I tried to cover it with a black dye it didn't cover the bleach bits.

Perdita
29-05-2009, 20:09
Same with me, even dying it a very dark colour never covered my bleach stains in jeans or tops :( I rescued one top though by stitching an application over it :)

Abigail
29-05-2009, 20:11
Thanks. If I stitched something over it, it'd look silly so that idea is out of the window.

Next time I'll remember not to wear one of my best tops when cleaning somebody else's house :rolleyes:

di marco
30-05-2009, 11:02
yeh unfortunately i dont think you can get it out, although you could try one of those methods and see. my mum got bleach down black trousers and although dying them helped you could still see the stains a bit

JustJodi
30-05-2009, 11:44
Abigail, honey, you just made a rag for your rag bag ..take it from me I have ruined loads of t shirts and jeans and pants using bleach,, the t shirts usually end up in the rag bag, to use for dusting or whatever :(

I have set aside the ruined pants and sweat pants to ruin some more when I am using bleach again ( every other day most likely)
U can cover up the bleach stains if u want with cutesy pootsey applications or what not..( depending on the size of the bleach stain ):lol:

Abigail
30-05-2009, 13:10
It came with a little belt so I might take if off, put some bleach on it and try the alcohol method.

Abbie
30-05-2009, 17:23
You could always bleech it some more and make a patern on the top :p then say it was meant to be like that