PDA

View Full Version : BBC Films announces 'East Is East' sequel

Perdita
19-05-2009, 19:25
BBC Films has announced plans to make a sequel to the 1999 movie East Is East, which will be entitled West Is West

The follow-up to the Bafta-winning film will feature much of the same cast, with Om Puri and Linda Bassett returning to play George and Ella Khan in a script written by original screenwriter Ayub Khan-Din, the Daily Telegraph reports.

BBC Films managing director Jane Wright said: "People remember East Is East as an absolutely charming, funny but poignant piece and this film will be the same.

"It's a very natural follow-up but it feels completely fresh, telling a story from a different perspective."

The film will focus on youngest son Sajid who is sent to Pakistan in an attempt to make him a "good Muslim".

Wright added: "It is another wonderful tale about living between two cultures. I can't think of a film that has told this side of the story before.

"I can't think of anything more relevant or timely, as the idea of cultural identity has become hugely important."

:cheer: Loved the first one :thumbsup:

Chloe O'brien
19-05-2009, 19:52
The first ne was pretty funny, especially when one of the brother's made a plaster cast out of his girlfriends bust.

Perdita
19-05-2009, 19:54
Was it the bust? I thought it was the other private part of a lady :hmm:

Chloe O'brien
19-05-2009, 23:33
Was it the bust? I thought it was the other private part of a lady :hmm:

Maybe it was her lower part of her body. I can just remember it was Vikriam from Corrie.