PDA

View Full Version : Dodd 'not funny enough' for comedy show

Perdita
19-05-2009, 08:36
Ken Dodd has admitted that he is "distressed and angry" after a theatre claimed that he is not funny enough to perform there again.

The veteran comic has called for a public apology from the Nottingham Royal Concert Hall after it refused to book him for this year's Christmas show.

In a statement, managing director Robert Sanderson said: "Following Ken Dodd's performance in December 2008, a decision was made not to confirm his provisional booking for December 2009.

"Following the Ken Dodd Show on December 27 2008, a significant number of audience members left before the end, raising concerns to our manager on the night as to the quality of some of the performances within the show.

"The management team therefore took the difficult decision to give this long-running and much-loved show a break during 2009."

Responding to the comments, Dodd, 81, told The Daily Telegraph: "I am distressed and angry that anybody should imply that I have lost it.

"I have been told 'the date is still there' some other time, but the date is not still there so far as I am concerned.

"I will not play Nottingham again until I get a public apology from this man for the pain and distress he caused me and my supporters."

Despite undergoing a hernia operation two years ago, Dodd continues to perform to sell-out audiences across the country.

I have never ever found him funny :nono:

Chloe O'brien
19-05-2009, 23:01
Me neither but he has had a long career but I'm surprised he hasn't given up he must be in his 70's now.

Perdita
20-05-2009, 06:17
Me neither but he has had a long career but I'm surprised he hasn't given up he must be in his 70's now.

He is 81, he was born in November 1927.