PDA

View Full Version : 'Smallville' star shocked by axing

Perdita
15-05-2009, 15:57
Aaron Ashmore has revealed that he was shocked when he discovered his character was to be killed off in the Smallville season finale.

In episode which aired last night in the US, Ashmore's character Jimmy Olsen met his maker at the hands of Davis. It was then suggested that Jimmy's little brother is actually the real Jimmy.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, the actor said that he thought his character and his job were safe.

"I really enjoyed working on the show; to be sent off kind of sucks," he admitted. "But, at the same time, it works great for the story. And all things run their course. I guess Jimmy on Smallville had run his course."

Ashmore also revealed that he thinks it was always the producers' intention to kill off his character. "I know when [the idea of] Jimmy coming to Smallville first came up, DC Comics had a bit of a problem because of the age difference thing," he said.

"But the producers really wanted to bring the character in because they thought they could do some interesting stuff with him. I believe [producers] had reassured DC that by the end of the series - or at some point - they would rectify that [by making it clear that he's] not the real Jimmy Olsen."

The actor said that he is now looking to audition for new roles.

Perdita
19-05-2010, 19:31
The next season of Smallville will be its last, it has been confirmed.

The final episode of the superhero drama, which stars Tom Welling in the lead role, will air in May 2011 at the conclusion of its tenth season.

The CW had been planning to announce the news at its upfront presentation tomorrow (Thursday), but Welling broke the news prematurely, telling the Hollywood Life blog: "Season 10 of Smallville will be the last season."

The series has been a regular ratings winner for The CW and its predecessor The WB since 2001, at its peak drawing around 9 million viewers. For its ninth season, the show was moved to a Friday night slot, where it averaged just 2.4 million.