PDA

View Full Version : shopping list with a unlucky twist

chance
02-06-2005, 17:55
The lack of food in the house has been getting to the housemates but today they have their second chance to order groceries for the house.

Earlier this morning Mary and Derek argued about the order, Mary wished to write the shopping list but Derek told her she wasn't allowed as she didn't have the consensus of the house. An angered Mary shouted at him that he is a "sly little man."

Later this morning the blackboard was given to the housemates and the decisions began in earnest as they worked out how to spend their £168.

Priorities intact alcohol was the first to be debated with Derek suggesting a limit of £15 on alcohol. Kemal suggested Jack Daniels but for budgetary reasons Science wanted cider, this alarmed Kemal who said "No way, it's a vulgar drink, I've got standards."

Out in the garden Saskia, Craig and Lesley poured over the folder debating the purchase of whole chickens or chicken thighs, eventually dragging Roberto over to give a cook’s input.

Big Brother was not beyond winding up the housemates – cherry-aid was priced at £50 for 2 litres - a desperate Makosi begged the others to pay this amount, Mary was willing to give her share because she felt excluded from the process. When this still didn't add up to enough Makosi went to seek comfort from Kemal stating "It's essential for me, I really want cherry-aid, I don't know what I've done to deserve this."

With 5 minutes left before the list needs to be in Makosi still tried to get her way but when this failed she insisted she was going to go to the diary room to find out why Big Brother was doing this to her.

With the list now in it remains to be seen if they’ve got their maths right or if frantic changes are needed later