PDA

View Full Version : Loose Jackie quits on air

Perdita
06-05-2009, 04:55
LOOSE Women anchor Jackie Brambles stunned viewers yesterday by quitting live on air.
The 42-year-old told the audience she plans to spend more time with her two young kids.

The announcement came just hours after she broke the news to her fellow panellists.

Jackie, who joined the show three years ago, said: “I initially wanted to cut down my workload on Loose Women but the anchor role requires a full commitment, which I no longer felt able to make.

“Therefore, I’ve decided that I will be leaving the show in August when my current contract ends.

“As well as having some more time to be at home with my two very young children I will be focusing on developing some exciting new ventures in broadcasting and related areas.”

Jackie, who used to be GMTV’s Hollywood correspondent, added: “This has been a really hard decision. I will miss the team as well as our loyal audience greatly.”

The decision leaves producers with an urgent search to replace her. ITV’s Fiona Keenaghan said: “Jackie’s contribution to Loose Women has been immense. Over the past few years she has helped mould the show into the success it is today.

“She will be missed by everyone and we would like to wish her all the best for the future.”

Don't like her much, I will not miss her

Katy
06-05-2009, 12:47
No i don't like her either, i wonder who will be the new anchor.

Jessie Wallace
06-05-2009, 22:24
Noooooooooooooo, won't be the same with out her, no-one to look at now :(