PDA

View Full Version : Davidson tackles homophobia on Virgin1

Perdita
30-04-2009, 09:15
Virgin1 has signed comedian Jim Davidson to take part in a one-off commission called So You Think I'm An A***hole?

The show will see Davidson confronting the British public about their perception of him and will explore whether he holds the prejudices he has been accused of.

I'm An A***hole will explore Davidson's un-PC humour and question whether he is seriously offensive or merely misunderstood.

Subjects such as racism, misogyny and homophobia will all be tackled in the programme.

The former Generation Game show host will meet a variety of celebrity mentors from famous gay icons to black comedians in order to give him an understanding of the impact of his comedy.

At the end of his journey, Davidson will perform in front of a specially-invited audience where viewers will discover if his journey has changed his comedy routine.

Virgin1's director of programmes Daniela Neumann said: "To many, Jim's views are deeply offensive, but he doesn't understand why.

"But now, I do have to take my hat off to him as he is prepared to go out of his comfort zone to immerse himself with the very people he has been accused of prejudice against, and question whether he needs to change his views."

She added: "It should be an explosive show."

So You Think I'm An A***hole is due to air on Virgin1 later this summer.

Having met him, I would love to tell him about my perception of him :banned: I do give him credit for raising a lot of funds for the British Army though.

Pinkbanana
30-04-2009, 23:07
Virgin1 has signed comedian Jim Davidson to take part in a one-off commission called So You Think I'm An A***hole?

The show will see Davidson confronting the British public about their perception of him and will explore whether he holds the prejudices he has been accused of.

I'm An A***hole will explore Davidson's un-PC humour and question whether he is seriously offensive or merely misunderstood.

Subjects such as racism, misogyny and homophobia will all be tackled in the programme.

The former Generation Game show host will meet a variety of celebrity mentors from famous gay icons to black comedians in order to give him an understanding of the impact of his comedy.

At the end of his journey, Davidson will perform in front of a specially-invited audience where viewers will discover if his journey has changed his comedy routine.

Virgin1's director of programmes Daniela Neumann said: "To many, Jim's views are deeply offensive, but he doesn't understand why.

"But now, I do have to take my hat off to him as he is prepared to go out of his comfort zone to immerse himself with the very people he has been accused of prejudice against, and question whether he needs to change his views."

She added: "It should be an explosive show."

So You Think I'm An A***hole is due to air on Virgin1 later this summer.

Having met him, I would love to tell him about my perception of him :banned: I do give him credit for raising a lot of funds for the British Army though.

Why, oh why, give this man any air time!!! :angry:

DaVeyWaVey
30-04-2009, 23:27
Why on earth are they giving a bigoted :banned: airtime??? It sounds awful!

So You Think I'm An A***hole?....yes, quite frankly.. he is!

Chloe O'brien
30-04-2009, 23:48
Jim is still living in the 80's when he got laughs for his jokes about black people and homosexuals but times have changed but his views haven't he showed that last year on Hell's Kitchen. Maybe the show will give him a chance to see that he does have to change his views or keep them to himself.