PDA

View Full Version : I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! - US Version 2009

tammyy2j
24-04-2009, 23:46
NBC has just announced part of the cast list for its upcoming reality series I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

Stephen Baldwin, actor
Janice Dickinson, former model
Sanjaya Malakar, former American Idol finalist
Heidi Montag, The Hills star
Spencer Pratt, The Hills star
John Salley, former NBA player
Torrie Wilson, wrestling champ

Also taking part in today's announcement: floppy-haired former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich, though the network said "he won't be joining us as a regular cast member." (A judge ruled that Blagojevich, who's currently facing criminal charges, may not travel to Costa Rica, where the show will be filmed, but the former governor told the Today show yesterday he may have some role in it nonetheless.) NBC says three additional participants and the show's host will be announced at a later date. The one-month series begins on NBC on June 1.

Chloe O'brien
24-04-2009, 23:51
Why is Janice Dickinson getting to take part when she did the UK version, is that not given her an unfair advantage over the rest of the contestants.

Abigail
25-04-2009, 00:20
Are they filming it in Australia?

Chloe O'brien
25-04-2009, 00:33
No it's supposed to be in the rain forrest of Costa Rica but Janice should still not be allowed to take part however entertaining she was in the UK version.

Abbie
25-04-2009, 14:39
Shes already been on it!!!!!!!!!

lol why would she want to do it again! :lol:

Katy
26-04-2009, 10:51
so its not just in the UK where they haven reality TV stars on Reality TV.

Perdita
20-05-2009, 06:01
JUNGLE beauty Myleene Klass is to squeeze back into her famous white bikini to front the US version of I’m A Celebrity.
Myleene, 31, runner-up on the ITV1 show in 2006, was hired after her CNN film show impressed chiefs on American network NBC.

She heads to Costa Rica this weekend to film the three-week show, which starts on June 1. The job is a fantastic opportunity for Myleene to become a major star in the States.

The brunette is being paid £100,000 to be co-host with a male star yet to be announced.

She had to put other work on ice, including her M&S modelling gig, Classic FM show and filming for her new C4 show 10 Years Younger.

A source said: “We had to ring around and ask if everyone would mind Myleene taking some time off.

“Who would turn down the chance to make it in America?”

Myleene, who was seen tucking into cake at the Cannes Film Festival yesterday, will actually be donning a new bikini. The one she took to the Aussie jungle was later auctioned off for charity.

NBC bought the US rights to I’m A Celebrity and has already aired one series. It was won by Jennifer Lopez’s ex Cris Judd.

Wild Janice Dickinson, who appeared on the UK version of I’m A Celeb in 2007, has signed up for the new US series.

I’M A Celeb star Cerys Matthews will present the lunchtime slot on BBC 6 Music this summer.

tammyy2j
20-05-2009, 14:18
Singer, model and TV presenter Myleene Klass looks set to crack the States after landing a top job.

After finishing as runner-up on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here, the 31-year-old is now set to front the US version of the hit jungle show.

According to reports, the classically-trained musican has landed a lucrative contract to co-host the series and gets to spend three weeks in Costa Rica where it is being filmed in the process.

Bosses at US network NBC were apparently impressed with her film show for CNN.

Well Done to Myleene

tammyy2j
22-05-2009, 10:46
Patti Blagojevich announced today that she'll be joining the cast of NBC's I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here. Patti's husband, former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, had to bow out of the cast because he broke the law so hard he's not allowed to travel.

tammyy2j
25-05-2009, 13:18
Britney Spears ex, Kevin Federline, 31, is set to appear on the US version of I’m a Celebrity.

And pals are wondering if the rapper will spill any beans about his failed two-year marriage to the pop star, 27.

lizann
28-05-2009, 12:33
Its been shown on TV3 in Ireland starts next week i think

Perdita
02-06-2009, 07:44
ITV2 has acquired NBC USA's I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!, it has been announced.

The series, which stars Janice Dickinson, Heidi and Spencer Pratt, and Rod Blagojevich's wife Patti, is due to premiere tonight in America.

"We’re extremely excited to be announcing the first international sales for the upcoming NBC version of I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!," said ITV's director of global TV distribution Tobi de Graaff.

"The US show is receiving an incredible buzz - both throughout the industry and with TV fans around the world - we’re looking forward to announcing even more big sales very soon."

Ireland's TV3 and New Zealand's TVNZ have also acquired the series.

Perdita
02-06-2009, 07:46
The Hills co-stars Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt have reportedly tried to quit the US version of I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! twice.

The couple, who married in a lavish ceremony last month, are thought to have made two failed attempts to leave the Costa Rican jungle following their arrival last week.

"They walked out yesterday and took their mics off and quit. [They] then decided to go back into the jungle last night and they made it through the night," a production source told Access Hollywood.

"This morning, during the second day of shooting, they yet again walked back over the bridge to exit the jungle and head home."

The insider added that Montag, 22, and Pratt, 25, eventually returned to the camp and were "committed to competing for their respective charities".

Other celebrities taking part in this year's show include former supermodel Janice Dickinson, American Idol's Sanjaya Malakar, actor Stephen Baldwin and Rod Blagojevich's wife Patricia.

Siobhan
02-06-2009, 08:59
Think this is starting tonight on Irish TV.. I will take a look and see how it is going

Perdita
03-06-2009, 05:52
Hills co-stars Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag are reported to have quit this year's I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here for good.

According to TMZ, one production insider has confirmed that the reality stars will not be returning after leaving the Costa Rican jungle following last night's live show.

This celebrity couple previously made two failed attempts to exit their camp after becoming dissatisfied with the living conditions.

During yesterday's episode, Pratt was heard complaining to the head of NBC's programming that he was "too rich and too famous" to be surrounded by the fellow contestants, which include Janice Dickinson and American Idol's Sanjaya Malakar.

He added: "Don’t throw me in the jungle and try to make me your little guinea pig torture act."

NBC has yet to comment on the report.

tammyy2j
04-06-2009, 13:15
The "surprises" continued on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! As NBC was careful to reveal before Wednesday night's episode, Heidi and Spencer Pratt have decided they want back in after screaming to get out, and a previously-announced substitute for them, Daniel Baldwin, joined the Costa Rican cuckoo's nest. Even though there's no need for him, since H&S have returned. (The closing live-broadcast minutes ended in the middle of the celebs taking a vote as to whether the Pratts can rejoin, but there's no way the producers aren't going to force those two onto the show. I mean, Heidi even claimed "the Devil" made them leave; no self-respecting TV exec is going to let that kind of looniness get away.)

lizann
05-06-2009, 00:03
OMG what an asshole is that Spencer guy :mad: Is he playing like that for the cameras or that how he acts really?

Siobhan
05-06-2009, 08:50
OMG what an asshole is that Spencer guy :mad: Is he playing like that for the cameras or that how he acts really?

I was wondering that too.. Spencer is the biggest pain in the bum every but as that NBA player said, he is living in this moment and been rich is all he knows

I love Frangela, they are so funny :rotfl:

Siobhan
05-06-2009, 08:52
The "surprises" continued on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! As NBC was careful to reveal before Wednesday night's episode, Heidi and Spencer Pratt have decided they want back in after screaming to get out, and a previously-announced substitute for them, Daniel Baldwin, joined the Costa Rican cuckoo's nest.

They shouldn't be allowed back in.. after watch this last night, it is all for show.. 3 times they left.. they should stay out.. Second time was funny cause the rest of the team stole all their stuff :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: h

tammyy2j
05-06-2009, 10:37
Spencer Pratt is a Prat! :angry:

Perdita
08-06-2009, 15:01
ITV has denied allegations that Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt were tortured on the set of I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!

Internet reports had suggested that Montag became physically ill because of the conditions, while her sister-in-law Stephanie Pratt has condemned NBC after the star was hospitalised in Costa Rica over the weekend.

"I'm really saddened to hear that NBC felt it was okay to punish Speidi so harshly and torture them as if they were criminals," she wrote on her Twitter page, adding that the star was "locked in a dark room for three days with no food or water".

However, ITV has denied the claims, saying: "ITV has been producing this format around the world for many years and the health of the celebrity participants are of the utmost importance.

"A medic and a doctor are present at the location at all times for all participants. All allegations of the celebrities being deprived of food and water are completely untrue."

A representative for the reality couple has yet to comment.

tammyy2j
08-06-2009, 16:14
Why isnt Janice doing any trials?

Siobhan
08-06-2009, 16:24
Why isnt Janice doing any trials?

she says she is unwell.. it won't be back on TV 3 til Thursday :(.. I am dying to see how Speidi get on in the chamber

Perdita
10-06-2009, 14:05
Frances Callier has withdrawn from I'm A Celebrity following the exit of her comedy partner Angela Shelton.

Shelton became the first celebrity to be voted off the show last week, losing out to wrestler Torrie Wilson and supermodel Janice Dickinson in the public vote.

Following Shelton's departure, Callier announced to her fellow celebrities that she had decided to quit the jungle.

The Hills duo Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt have also pulled out of the show following Montag's hospitalisation with a gastric ulcer.

At the end of Monday's show, the celebrities were participating in a 'Hang Tough' challenge over a muddy waterhole. The winner will be announced tonight and will have immunity from elimination this week.

Earlier in the episode, Janice Dickinson lost out to Sanjaya Malakar in a Flash Food challenge, which saw the pair locked up in a tank with snakes, frogs and mini-alligators. The reward for the boys' team was a meal of fresh lobster and fruit.

Meanwhile, Lou Diamond Phillips has been crowned camp leader for the second time after all the celebrities surrendered in the Jungle Joe's Buffet task.

Perdita
10-06-2009, 14:54
Myleene Klass accidentally got stuck to the bedposts in her Costa Rican hotel, it has been claimed.

According to The Sun, the presenter became glued to her bed when her insect repellent reacted with the varnish on the posts.

A source said: "Hotel staff had to peel her off slowly but surely."

Klass is currently in Central America filming the US series of I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!.

Sounds painful :eek:

Siobhan
12-06-2009, 13:18
Watched this again last night.. they are dropping like flies... Spencer and Heidi have finally gone.. Heidi's stomach bug was her own fault. they went on a fast and she only drank one bottle of water in 24 hours.. silly woman... and all the God talk is doing my head in..ok celebrate your religion but don't ram it down people necks... they wanted to baptise Janice last night :lol::lol:

lizann
12-06-2009, 16:04
Jungle Boy Sanjaya :lol:

I love the Baldwin Bros and Louie - i hope one of them wins :thumbsup:

lizann
12-06-2009, 18:39
Daniel Baldwin has been eliminated from reality TV show I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! - just six days after he entered the Costa Rican jungle.

The actor joined his brother Stephen Baldwin in the survival competition last week as one of the replacements for The Hills stars Heidi and Spencer Pratt following their initial walk out on 1 June.

But he failed to win over the public and was voted off the U.S. programme on Thursday night, becoming the fifth person to leave the show and only the second star to be evicted by viewers.

Before his elimination, Baldwin was given the opportunity to speak to his pregnant wife Joanne Smith-Baldwin and his 16-month-old daughter Avis Ann via a video phone call.

And he can't wait to get back to California and leave the less-than-luxurious surroundings of the jungle behind him - in a message to his spouse, he said, "Coming home babe."

Baldwin was competing on the show to raise money for his mother's charity, The Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund.

lizann
14-06-2009, 13:26
Actor Daniel Baldwin has taken aim at his reality TV co-star Janice Dickinson a day after he became the first star ousted from U.S. jungle survival show I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

No sooner had the Mulholland Falls star returned home on Friday, after his brief stint on the show's Costa Rican set, than he began ripping into the former supermodel, calling her "undereducated" and "over-medicated".

Baldwin says, "I struggle with people who have that sense of entitlement... She thinks being annoying will keep her on the show."

And the actor was far from impressed with Dickinson's toilet tricks: "She urinated in the camp rather than walk an extra 25 steps."

He adds, "She stole food and lied about it... It's almost a sociopath's behaviour."

The actor left brother Stephen in the jungle with Dickinson - his sibling has survived for another week on the show.

Siobhan
15-06-2009, 09:15
OMG.. Janice stealing the gernola bar and then asking in the telegraph if they made a mistake.. she was caught on camera eating it and lied through her teeth...

tammyy2j
16-06-2009, 10:34
Actor Stephen Baldwin's publicist is fighting off reports The Usual Suspects star is struggling to save his home as he battles for survival in the jungle on U.S. TV show I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

Last week (ends12Jun09), Internet reports suggested Baldwin's New York home was to be auctioned off by authorities after the actor defaulted on more than $824,000 (£549,330) in outstanding mortgage payments.

Documents filed in Rockland County appeared to show the Hollywood star and his wife Kennya had been missing repayments to finance firm Bankers Trust Co.

But the 43 year old's legal and financial woes have been blown out of proportion, according to his rep Brad Taylor, who insists talk about a 24 June auction is incorrect.

He tells People.com, "Stephen is presently going through a legal situation regarding his mortgage and that situation is still in process. No auction will be happening and all things related to this matter are being handled by his legal representation."

tammyy2j
16-06-2009, 10:35
Model-turned-reality TV queen Janice Dickinson has received medical attention after complaining of stomach pains and bronchitis on the set of U.S. reality TV show I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

Dickinson was taken from the Costa Rican jungle set to a nearby medical facility with what has been described as a medical emergency.

A source for the hit show says, "She was taken by ambulance this weekend from camp to an on-site medical facility for treatment for an undisclosed condition."

Perdita
19-06-2009, 10:45
Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt will return to I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! for the final episode.

The Hills couple caused controversy by threatening to quit the NBC reality show three times, before eventually walking out after Montag contracted a stomach illness.

Writing on his Twitter account, Pratt said: "Thank you NBC for having Heidi and I go back to the jungle for... leaving this weekend!

"Everyone tune in next to watch Speidi back... Speidi is going to win!"

Montag will also be reunited with her younger sister Holly, who was called in as a replacement following her departure.

Earlier this week, Pratt admitted that he was "ready to go back" to the Central American camp and would jump at the opportunity to join next season's cast.

The final episode of I'm A Celebrity... will air on Wednesday night.

Siobhan
19-06-2009, 10:50
I don't want to see them back.. they are idiots...

tammyy2j
19-06-2009, 10:55
I'd like to see Lou or Torrie win

Siobhan
19-06-2009, 13:49
I'd like to see Lou or Torrie win

Yeah Lou is brilliant in there.. Torrie is very strong

lizann
20-06-2009, 22:31
Myleene and that guy presenting are terrible no personality and humour at all - they need Ant and Dec

That John guy and Patti are starting to annoy me - hope they both go soon with Janice

Stephen/Lou/Torrie in the final :thumbsup:

Perdita
21-06-2009, 15:44
Stephen Baldwin has become the fourth contestant to quit I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

According to Access Hollywood, the actor has decided to leave the Costa Rican jungle as the competition enters its final week.

He had been considered one of the favourites to win the NBC programme and scoop the cash prize for his charity Love 146, which aims to end child sex slavery.

No reason for his departure has been given, although reports have suggested that it could be related to rumours that his New York home has been foreclosed ahead of a public auction.

Baldwin is the fourth castmate to quit this year's show, following comedian Frances Callier and reality couple Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt. He is the eight contestant in total to have departed the jungle so far.

Siobhan
22-06-2009, 10:05
Myleene and that guy presenting are terrible no personality and humour at all - they need Ant and Dec

That John guy and Patti are starting to annoy me - hope they both go soon with Janice

Stephen/Lou/Torrie in the final :thumbsup:

Is it just me or does Damien (presenter) remind you of chandler from Friends? Janice and Holly went last night... John should go soon.. he is such a dictator.. I love Lou and Torrie

lizann
22-06-2009, 12:58
I'm surprised Stephen left :thumbsdow

Lou or Torrie to win now :thumbsup:

Hannelene
23-06-2009, 11:29
When is this over?

Siobhan
23-06-2009, 11:30
When is this over?

Thursday in the US.. Sunday over here... I will miss the final as I am away but I will take a sneaky look on website for winner

Hannelene
23-06-2009, 11:32
When is this over?

Thursday in the US.. Sunday over here... I will miss the final as I am away but I will take a sneaky look on website for winner

I will too if it wasn't for ITV2 I would of been none the wiser that the show was going on!

Perdita
24-06-2009, 16:28
Holly Montag has been eliminated from I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! for the second time.

The Hills star had been selected to re-enter the Costa Rican jungle during Monday night's episode, following the voluntary departure of a homesick Stephen Baldwin.

Montag had been voted off the NBC show last week, but was allowed to return after the remaining contestants chose to give her a second chance over Janice Dickinson.

However, she was given the axe for a second time after losing to NBA star John Salley in a challenge which saw them drinking a variety of cocktails, including dung-beetle daiquiris and blended tarantula.

Speaking after her elimination, she said: "I tried my best and I have no regrets and I absolutely know that everybody left in camp will be a friend for life."

Elsewhere, Lou Diamond Phillips won a cheeseburger meal after defeating Salley and Montag in the evening's food challenge, and he and Salley were later given the opportunity to mark Father's Day with their children over webcam.

lizann
25-06-2009, 11:06
Actor Lou Diamond Phillips is king of the jungle - he was crowned the winner of U.S. reality show I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!.

The La Bamba star beat out competition from fellow finalists, former wrestler Torrie Wilson and retired basketball player John Salley, to be victorious on the show - which saw a host of celebrities live in the Costa Rican tropics.

Phillips was handed a cheque for his chosen charity, the Art Has Heart Foundation, after he was declared the champion.

And he insists this was the strangest situation he has ever been in: "This experience is head and shoulders and far to the left of anything I've ever done. No movie set ever compared to this - this is the real deal and it's been an amazing trip,"

The finale comes after weeks of drama on the show - with Stephen Baldwin quitting out after insects laid eggs under his skin and Janice Dickinson being struck down by a bout of bronchitis.

All the the former contestants returned for the final show, including reality TV couple Heidi and Spencer Pratt, who walked off the survival competition after they clashed with their fellow campers.

tammyy2j
26-06-2009, 00:13
Lou won :cheer:

Siobhan
26-06-2009, 13:49
Lou won :cheer:

I am delighted he won.. he was by far the strongest there