PDA

View Full Version : Emmerdale star sacked over attack

Luna
21-04-2009, 18:59
Emmerdale star Luke Tittensor has been sacked from the ITV show, after he pleaded guilty to attacking a teenager.

The 19-year-old, who plays Daz Eden in the soap, appeared in court in March and admitted inflicting grievous bodily harm on a 16-year-old.

An ITV spokeswoman said the actor had been told his contract was being terminated because "we cannot condone criminal behaviour."

She added: "Luke regrets his behaviour and understands this situation."

Tittensor appeared at Bolton Crown Court where he pleaded guilty to fracturing the teenager's jaw.

He is due to be sentenced on 29 April.

The court heard how the boy had been left badly injured and needed surgery after the attack.

Tittensor has been in the cast of the soap since he was 13 and his last episode will be broadcast on Friday.

Trinity
21-04-2009, 19:33
I bet he regrets it! He should have thought about the consequences before he acted like a thug. Or was it not acting?

lizann
21-04-2009, 20:43
The could always hire his twin brother (the guy in Shameless)

angel_eyes87
21-04-2009, 21:25
Should have thought of the consequences.

Hes a good Character though, maybe they will replace him with his twin.

Chloe O'brien
22-04-2009, 10:49
He's a stupid lad but Emmerdale made the right decision he had to go. Maybe once he has served his sentence either it be in prison or community service he will sort himself out and get back into acting.

Luna
22-04-2009, 18:21
The could always hire his twin brother (the guy in Shameless)

im sure elliott has better things to do lol

Katy
24-04-2009, 09:15
What an idiot, i bet he realy is regretting it though, they have defintly made the right decision. I quite liked him as well.

Im sure some other show will give him another job.

tammyy2j
24-04-2009, 16:02
one word comes to mind IDIOT!

Chloe O'brien
24-04-2009, 22:24
[quote=tammyy2j;657425]one word comes to mind IDIOT![/quote ]

He will know that now. It's a shame he has screwed up his acting career because his acting was alright he wasn't wooden like some young soapstars. The best he can do is take his punishment and once that is over with if he is still interested in acting hopefully he can get back into it.

Chris_2k11
26-04-2009, 11:51
I wondered why he had such a quick exit

Pinkbanana
26-04-2009, 12:49
I'm glad he was sacked, this would be the case in any other job, right? So it should be the same in Soapland too.

He was stupid, and now he has lost his job and all the benefits that went with it, he will have time to ponder on his actions. I hope he does manage to turn his life and career around though.

Perdita
29-04-2009, 14:54
I am not sure he would have been sacked if he worked in a burger bar, for example, unless he hit another colleague. As long as such an offence is done outside of work, staff can't be sacked as they would not have offended against any employment terms and conditions. It is only because he is in a soap that his contract was terminated because otherwise it would look as if ITV are condoning his actions.

angel_eyes87
29-04-2009, 15:21
I am not sure he would have been sacked if he worked in a burger bar, for example, unless he hit another colleague. As long as such an offence is done outside of work, staff can't be sacked as they would not have offended against any employment terms and conditions. It is only because he is in a soap that his contract was terminated because otherwise it would look as if ITV are condoning his actions.

I agree ITV dont want an actor who is due for trial in their programme, look at what happened to Ben, I know he was innocent but it brought publicity to the show, because he was in court.

Luna
29-04-2009, 15:43
Ex-Emmerdale actor Luke Tittensor was today handed a two-year suspended sentence for causing grievous bodily harm.

The 19-year-old - who admitted to inflicting GBH on a 16-year-old in February last year - appeared at Bolton Crown Court this afternoon where he was sentenced to nine months in prison suspended for two years.

The sentence also included 200 hours' unpaid work with an order to pay £1,000 compensation and £1,100 costs.

The unnamed Rochdale teenager suffered a broken jaw in the incident and was forced to undergo corrective surgery.

Last week, ITV soap Emmerdale took the decision to axe Tittensor from the show due to the serious nature of the offence

Pinkbanana
29-04-2009, 19:25
I am not sure he would have been sacked if he worked in a burger bar, for example, unless he hit another colleague. .

I think if a person was convicted of causing grievous bodily harm or something else, then their bosses would be within their rights to sack them... :)

Perdita
30-04-2009, 06:03
Ex-Emmerdale actor Luke Tittensor was today handed a two-year suspended sentence for causing grievous bodily harm.

The 19-year-old - who admitted to inflicting GBH on a 16-year-old in February last year - appeared at Bolton Crown Court this afternoon where he was sentenced to nine months in prison suspended for two years.

The sentence also included 200 hours' unpaid work with an order to pay £1,000 compensation and £1,100 costs.

The unnamed Rochdale teenager suffered a broken jaw in the incident and was forced to undergo corrective surgery.

Judge Lindsey Kushner QC said: "You look like a responsible young man. You behaved like so many of the louts that we see before us in these courts. You are 19 years of age but ostensibly more mature than most 19-year-olds because you have been living in the public eye since you were a child."

He continued: "I have to demonstrate to the public that whether you are famous or whether you are unknown, the court has to take a dim view of this behaviour. This poor boy has suffered a full assault, serious injury, surgery, and he is generous enough to say all he wants you to do is accept your responsibility, which in fact you have."

He added: "Goodness knows what happened. I don't know if you were a victim of your own inflated view on that day, I don't know. Can there be an end to this, please?"

The attack took place after a drinks carton was thrown at the victim from the car Tittensor was travelling in. The car initially left the scene, before returning to the victim who, according to prosecuting solicitor Mark Ford, was subsequently struck "without warning or provocation".

Mr Ford added: "The force of that blow caused him to fall to the ground and the defendant then stamped on the face of his victim as he lay prone."

Last week, ITV soap Emmerdale took the decision to axe Tittensor from the show due to the serious nature of the offence.

Pinkbanana
30-04-2009, 23:10

He was pretty lucky IMO to get a suspended sentence. After all the victim had a broken jaw - sooo it must have been quite a sickening attack... :mad:

Chloe O'brien
30-04-2009, 23:53
The judge was right to hit him were it hurts in the wallet. Although he did wrong but the jails are over crowded he did not do anything worse than some young people do every weekend around the UK he just had to be made an example of because of who he is.