PDA

View Full Version : Battleaxe and the bookie

Perdita
09-04-2009, 06:00
CORRIE gets its unlikeliest couple since Liz and Lloyd when battleaxe Blanche Hunt moves in with boozy bookie Peter Barlow.
Homeless Blanche becomes Peter’s new flatmate after daughter Deirdre Barlow boots her out.

It comes in the wake of husband Ken’s affair with barge-dweller Martha Fraser (Stephanie Beacham).

Deirdre (Anne Kirkbride) has forgiven Ken (William Roache) for rocking the boat with sexy am-dram enthusiast Martha — but Blanche is still furious over his betrayal.

And she struggles to stop sniping, telling Deirdre: “Typical man.

“He’s had his fun and now he’s back with it tucked between his legs.

“Chuck him in the gutter and see if he can find his morals.”

But instead of Deirdre showing womaniser Ken the door, it’s mum Blanche (Maggie Jones) who gets the boot.

Devastated, Blanche turns up at the home of step-grandson Peter (Chris Gascoyne) suitcase in hand.

She tells him: “Deirdre has chosen that philandering pig of a husband over me and chucked me out.

“So you can share Simon’s room and I’ll have your bed. But knowing what you can get up to... you’d better change the sheets first.”

A source told TV Biz: “Having Peter and Blanche living under the same roof will give our scriptwriters some fabulous ammunition for comedy.

“The chemistry between them will make great viewing — it’s a masterstroke.”

Having Blanche doing Countdown in his living room soon starts cramping Peter’s style.

But considering he’s a struggling alcoholic, it does him the world of good.

Our source added: “Their relationship will be amusingly fractious at first, but they’ll begin to help each other.

“Blanche will play a big part in getting Peter back on the straight and narrow.”

This will be so funny to watch :D

Chloe O'brien
09-04-2009, 21:39
Those two are going to be a hoot together, best comedy duo next year at the soap awards watch this space. Blanche is just what Peter needs to help him sort his life out.