PDA

View Full Version : Music News Thread

Bryan
02-04-2009, 19:00
A thread to group together all the music news, i.e from Digital Spy etc.

For big news stories, please feel free to set up a thread of it's own.

Chris_2k11
04-04-2009, 16:28
Leona Lewis will collaborate with Timbaland on her upcoming second album, it has been claimed.

The X Factor winner will work with the producer as well as fellow stars Justin Timberlake, will.i.am and Jay-Z on the follow-up to 2007's Spirit, The Mirror reports.

An insider said: "Timbaland can't wait to work with Leona and make her feisty like Beyoncé and Rihanna.

"The ballads will still be there but the tracks will be racier and there'll be dancefloor anthems too."

A spokesman for Lewis said: "It's early stages but we're all very excited."

Pop superstar Michael Jackson is said to want Lewis, Timbaland and Timberlake to appear at dates of his O2 residency.

Bryan
05-04-2009, 11:33
i am big fans of both, but dont know if timbaland's style would suit leona? she's a ballad singer and not much else, when she tried to be different with Forgive Me, i don't think it really worked somehow, she's a one trick pony, but her trick is really really good.

someone like alexandra, who is versatile, would work well with timbaland i reckon. just not leona.

Chris_2k11
05-04-2009, 23:04
I agree. I don't like to say this but if shes going to start doing that type of music then shes gonna have to grow a bit of a personality. We saw how lost she looked in the Forgive Me video compared to her others. Im not having a go about her but she'll have to come out of her shell a bit more if shes gonna be working with Timbaland, otherwise it just won't work.

Chris_2k11
05-04-2009, 23:30
Geri Halliwell has confirmed that she has no plans to return to pop music in the near future.

The singer has concentrated on her new career as a children's author since completing work on the Spice Girls' reunion tour last year.

Speaking in an interview with Red magazine, Halliwell explained: "Everybody has their moment and their time. Let somebody else have a crack at it. There are younger people around now.

"I didn't want to have to stay young in order to sell records. And I didn't want to have to rely on my looks."

She added: "I don't want to say never, though. Who knows? I could do a record when I'm 60."

Halliwell also told the magazine that she is in talks to turn her Ugenia Lavender books into a cartoon series.

"We all have talents and we should use them," she said. "It's nice to be able to contribute to the world. I'm a natural communicator, a storyteller."

Sorry Rawnie! lol

Chris_2k11
06-04-2009, 20:23
The Sugababes are preparing to fly out to the US to start work on their seventh studio album.

The trio told followers on Twitter that final arrangements are being made for recording the follow-up to Catfights And Spotlights.

"MORE good news!!!!!!! OMG soooo excited. Flying out to LA, NY and MIAMI in few weeks to start the album... Dates are set," they wrote.

Further updates suggested that the group will make a big announcement about the record.

The band earlier revealed that they are hoping to work with producers behind some of Rihanna and Beyoncé's most successful singles.

Bad Wolf
06-04-2009, 20:59
i thought they were braking up?

Chris_2k11
06-04-2009, 21:10
i thought they were braking up?nope, where did you hear that?

Bad Wolf
06-04-2009, 21:49
im sure it was a article on DS

Chloe O'brien
12-04-2009, 23:53
Amy Winehouse's estranged husband Blake Fielder-Civil is expecting a child with another woman, according to a report today.
The troubled 27-year-old had a secret affair with mother-of-two Gillian Morris, 31, when they were both staying at the Phoenix Futures Rehab Centre in Sheffield nearly two months ago, according to the News Of The World.
Speaking to the newspaper, Morris claimed: "Blake seduced me and we had a secret fling. When I told him I was pregnant he said: 'Oh *******!' But he vowed to stand by me and raise the child."
She added: "Initially I was planning to have an abortion but Blake's vow has completely thrown me. I never planned for any more children. Our fling was just a bit of fun. I never imagined these consequences. I'm now confused and don't know what to do."
Winehouse's marriage hit the rocks (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a135076/winehouse-considers-divorcing-blake.html) after Fielder-Civil was released from prison in November.
"I never once felt guilty about sleeping with Blake, because he told me he was never going back to her," Morris continued. "He told me: 'It's over between us'.
"It was just a bit of fun and it was never meant to last. I wasn't going to be there forever and neither was Blake."
Winehouse has recently been linked (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a140488/winehouse-holidays-with-cipriani-friend.html) to aspiring actor Josh Bowman and a security guard (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a152401/amy-winehouse-dating-bodyguard.html) in St. Lucia.

Siobhan
13-04-2009, 16:23
i thought they were braking up?

I heard it was Girls aloud who are breaking up due to Cheryl getting more than the rest of them

Chloe O'brien
13-04-2009, 23:09
MUSIC producer Phil Spector has been found guilty of the murder of Hollywood actress Lana Clarkson.

Spector, 69, was convicted of second degree murder today following a five-month retrial at Los Angeles Superior Court.
The jury was unanimous in its verdict after the first trial ended in deadlock in September 2007.
Lana Clarkson, 40, died of a gunshot fired into her mouth while seated in the foyer of Spector's hill-top mansion in 2003.
The defense had claimed she killed herself.
More to follow...

Chloe O'brien
14-04-2009, 00:09
US music producer Phil Spector has been convicted of murdering actress Lana Clarkson at his home six years ago. The 68-year-old, famous for the "Wall of Sound" recording technique, faces between 15 years and life in prison.
He had pleaded not guilty to the second degree murder of 40-year-old Ms Clarkson, who was shot in the mouth at Spector's home in Los Angeles.
Spector remained quiet as the verdict was read out. He was remanded in custody until sentencing on 29 May.
His young wife Rachelle sobbed as the verdict was announced.
Spector had looked frail as he entered the Los Angeles Superior Court earlier, dressed in a black suit with a bright red tie.
The jury took some 30 hours of deliberation to reach their unanimous guilty verdict.
They had the option of returning a verdict of involuntary manslaughter, but chose not do so.
An earlier trial was abandoned in 2007 after a jury failed to reach a unanimous decision.
Second degree murder falls between first degree murder, which requires proof of pre-meditation, and manslaughter.
Stun gun
Actress Clarkson, 40, had been working as a hostess at the House of Blues venue in Los Angeles, and went home with Spector on the night of her death.
After appearing in cult 1980s films such as Barbarian Queen and Fast Times at Ridgemont High, her acting career had hit the rocks.
Spector had arrived at the club with waitress Kathy Sullivan, before setting his sights on Ms Clarkson.
Spector's Brazilian chauffeur, Adriano De Souza, said his boss appeared to be intoxicated and that Ms Clarkson was initially reluctant to go home with the music producer.
She was found dead in the foyer of his house in the early hours of the morning.
A holster that matched the snub-nosed Cold Cobra revolver that Spector used to kill her was found in a drawer in the foyer.
Mr De Souza called the emergency services, saying: "I think my boss killed somebody", after Spector emerged from his home with a gun.
He told jurors Spector had said: "I think I killed somebody."
The producer was taken into custody about 40 minutes after the shooting and had to be subdued by officers using a stun gun.
The trial also heard from a number of women who said Spector had threatened them with guns in the past.
Defence lawyers had argued that Ms Clarkson's death was a suicide.
Spector himself decided not to give evidence.
Prolific career
Phil Spector worked with some of the biggest names in the pop and rock business, including The Beatles and Ike and Tina Turner.
He produced hits including You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by the Righteous Brothers and the Ronettes' Be My Baby.
But for all his musical genius, Spector had a dark side, says the BBC's Peter Bowes in Los Angeles.
He was often described as being a bully in the studio, a man with a liking for guns and an eccentric personality, our correspondent adds.
Prosecutors argued Spector had a history of threatening women with guns when they tried to leave his presence.
Spector's lawyer had appealed to jurors not to judge the star on his eccentric appearance, or by stories of women who dated him.

Perdita
14-04-2009, 10:54
Kanye West has admitted that his feelings were hurt by a recent South Park episode that portrayed him as humourless and ego-driven.

The rapper wrote on his blog that he could see the writers' point and had been trying to keep his pride in check since becoming successful.

West said: "South Park murdered me last night and it's pretty funny. It hurts my feelings but what can you expect from South Park!

"I actually have been working on my ego though. Having the crazy ego is played out at this point in my life and career. I use to use it to build up my esteem when nobody believed in me."

He added: "Now that people do believe and support my music and products the best response is 'Thank you' instead of 'I told you so!!!' It's cool to talk s**t when you're rapping but not in real life."

"I need to just get past myself. Drop the bravado and just make dope product. Everything is not that serious. I got a long road ahead of me to make people believe I'm not actually a huge douche, but I'm up for the challenge."

West thanked the South Park writers for drawing his crew and said that he was sure that they were "really nice people" in real life.

Chris_2k11
14-04-2009, 18:27
X Factor winner Alexandra Burke is reportedly in negotiations with Beyoncé about a possible collaboration.

Burke, who performed a duet with the singer on the ITV1 show last year, is reported to have been seeking advice from the star and her rapper husband Jay-Z.

Speaking to OK!, an unnamed source said: "Beyoncé is sure Alexandra has what it takes to be as big as Leona [Lewis] and she's planning to help her crack the US."

Burke, who has previously stated her desire to crack the States, is thought to have secured a £3 million record deal with Epic. She arrived in the US to begin work on her debut album last week.

Earlier this month, Burke and Beyoncé's rendition of 'Listen' on X Factor was voted the most memorable reality moment of the year at the inaugural Digital Spy Reality TV Awards.

Chris_2k11
28-04-2009, 13:34
Beyoncé is planning to record with Adele when she travels to the UK next month as part of her 'I Am...' tour, it has been claimed.

According to The Sun, the former Destiny's Child star will spend some time in the studio with the 'Chasing Pavements' singer.

A source said: "Beyoncé loves Adele's voice and her music, and Adele is really excited - she grew up listening to Destiny's Child and they are still her favourite group.

"It's her dream to record with Beyoncé."

Earlier this year, Adele revealed that she would share a bill with soul legend Etta James, who was played by Beyoncé in the Cadillac Records biopic.

Chris_2k11
28-04-2009, 18:14
Lady GaGa was almost arrested in Russia last weekend after stepping out in a skimpy outfit, it has emerged.

The 'Poker Face' singer was given a police warning after turning up at St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow in a short and tight leather ensemble.

Writing on her Twitter blog, the star said: "They tried to arrest me in Russia, for leather at St. Basil's. But all is calm in the red square, as I leave the east Paris bound."

In a similar incident last month in Chicago, police stopped the 23-year-old as she walked down a city street in hotpants.

"It's not that I don't like pants. I just choose not to wear them some days. I think no pants is sexy. I love the naked human body. I was working in strip clubs when I was 18," she said of the incident.

Chris_2k11
05-05-2009, 18:23
Rihanna has cancelled her first public performance since she was allegedly attacked by former boyfriend Chris Brown earlier this year.

According to The Sun, the 'Disturbia' star had been scheduled to play to 25,000 people in Dubai on May 28 but pulled out because she was not ready to return to the stage.

"We want to share with you that Rihanna and her management will not be accepting to hold a public concert at this time as it is not appropriate timing for her," said concert organiser Yassin Matbouly.

Last night, the singer made her first major public appearance since the alleged altercation, walking the red carpet at the Costume Institute Of The Metropolitan Museum Gala in New York.

Brown, 20, has pleaded not guilty to charges of assault and making criminal threats. He is due in court for a preliminary hearing later this month.

Abigail
07-05-2009, 23:32
Blue have been confirmed as the headlining act at a new festival in Staffordshire.

The reformed boyband will play a 45-minute set at the Midlands Music Festival in Tamworth Castle Grounds on August 8.

Further acts confirmed include Lemar, JLS, Eoghan Quigg, Liz McLarnon and The Automatic.

Former X Factor contestants Andy Abraham, Chico, Laura White, Austin Drage and Rachel Hylton will also perform at the event.

The festival has been organised to support premature baby charity Just 1 Life and will raise vital funds for neo-natal units across the country.

Tickets start at £45 and are available from May 16.

I wouldn't pay 45 to see a bunch of has-beens, even for charity :thumbsdow

Chloe O'brien
08-05-2009, 23:36
I wouldn't pay £45 just to see blue but if all the other acts were included it would be okay.

Perdita
09-05-2009, 05:52
Lynyrd Skynyrd bass player Donald 'Ean' Evans has died of cancer at his home in Mississippi, aged 48.

A statement on the band's website announced the musician's death with "profound sadness".

"Ean put up a valiant battle with an aggressive form of cancer and he will be sorely missed by family, friends and fans," it read.

Evans was born in Atlanta but moved to Mississippi after marrying his wife, Eva. He joined the band in 2001 and toured with them until 2008 when he was diagnosed with cancer.

His death comes just a few months after the passing of Skynyrd keyboardist Billy Powell, in January.

Only 48 years old.:( RIP Donald

Abigail
09-05-2009, 14:44
Amy Winehouse abandoned her comeback concert in St Lucia last night after the island was hit by torrential rain, it has emerged.

The troubled singer had earlier claimed that she was "fine and raring to go" ahead of the gig at the St Lucia Jazz Festival.

However, poor weather conditions meant that Winehouse was forced to scrap the concert halfway through, her spokesperson explained.

The representative said: "Amy would like to express her disappointment that weather forced the abandonment of her show at the St Lucia Jazz Festival last night.

"The set started well, but as the heavens opened, a number of technical difficulties occurred on stage, culminating with the lighting rig failing for two songs.

"In addition, rain began to flood the technical wings at the side of the stage which caused sound problems. Amy and the band tried to soldier on but the set had to be cut short."

Fans who attended the brief concert have complained that Winehouse's performance was not up to par. It is believed that she frequently forgot her lyrics, appeared unstable on her feet and even walked off stage during one song.

One onlooker, named Kathy, told the BBC: "It was disappointing, it is very sad to see, but she is obviously not fit to be on stage. I was hoping for better; it's embarrassing."

Another, called Natasha, commented: "She was on a different planet."

Winehouse has spent much of her time on St Lucia since leaving the UK to holiday there at Christmas. She is now said to be recording her third album on the island.

Abigail
09-05-2009, 14:45
Same Difference have claimed that Simon Cowell lost faith in their potential to sell records too quickly.

The sibling duo were snapped up by the music mogul's SyCo label in early 2008 after finishing in third place on The X Factor's fourth series.

However, the pair discovered that they had been dropped by the label last month following disappointing sales of their debut album Pop and single 'We R One'.

Speaking about the decision in an interview with The News, Sean Smith admitted: "We still think there were four or five more great songs on the album that could have been singles and helped to sell a lot more copies of the album, but that's the music industry."

Meanwhile, his sister Sarah has insisted that the axing will prove to be a blessing in disguise - as they felt restricted by Cowell's wishes.

She commented: "It's not a bad thing actually. Now we can take our album to Asia or Australia where pop music is particularly thriving. We can do what we want because our management doesn't have to run everything past SyCo."

X Factor's 2007 winner Leon Jackson was also dropped by Cowell in March.

They should never have been signed in the first place

Abigail
14-05-2009, 02:01
Alexandra Burke has reportedly started feeling homesick as she records her debut album in the United States.

The X Factor winner is said to have asked her sister Shaniece to join her in Los Angeles to help combat her loneliness.

"Alexandra is really enjoying putting her album together but doesn't know many people in Los Angeles," a source told The Sun.

"She's finding the experience a little isolating so was relieved Sheniece agreed to travel over for a visit."

The 20-year-old star last month met up with producers including Timbaland, Red One and Jay-Z. She is also reportedly in talks with Beyonce to record a duet. burke

The pair's rendition of 'Listen' on The X Factor was voted the most memorable reality moment of the year at the Digital Spy 2009 Reality TV Awards in April.

Abigail
14-05-2009, 02:02
JLS have claimed that their fans will be "pleasantly suprised" by their debut single.

The X Factor runners up signed a recording contract with Epic in January and will release 'Beat Again' on July 13.

"It's not what people might expect to hear - we hope that they will be pleasantly surprised," they told the Daily Star.

The group, which comprises Aston Merrygold, Marvin Humes, Jonathan 'JB' Gill and Oritsé Williams, lost out to Alexandra Burke in the fifth series of the reality show last year.

'Beat It' was given its first radio play last week on Trevor Nelson's 1Xtra radio show.

Abigail
14-05-2009, 02:04
Eminem has admitted that he nearly took his own life at the height of his addiction problems.

The rapper, who releases his new album Relapse next week, claimed that he almost committed suicide after drug and alcohol dependency ruined his personal life.

"I just wasn't taking care of myself. At times I wanted to just give it up," he said while filming an interview for Friday Night With Jonathan Ross.

"I was in a dark place. I wanted to pull back from the spotlight to reassess my whole career. I got sober but it was pretty rough. A couple of years were bad for me," he added.

The 'We Made You' star recently revealed that on a different occasion he almost died of an overdose of methadone.

Perdita
14-05-2009, 06:39
Paul Rodgers has left Queen after five years in the band.

The singer joined original members Brian May and Roger Taylor in 2004 to form the reunited version of the group.

Rodgers told Billboard that he has no animosity towards May and Taylor and said that his "arrangement" as Queen's frontman was "never meant to be a permanent" one.

The musician also said that he would be open to working with them again in the future.

"It's kind of an open book, really. If they approach me to do something for charity, for instance, or something like that...I'd be very much into doing that, for sure," he said.

With Rodgers as a member, Queen embarked on two full-length tours and recorded two live DVDs. The band also released their first album since 1995 with 2004's The Cosmos Rocks.

"The Cosmos Rocks was very historical for Brian May and Roger Taylor because they hadn't gone into the studio with anybody and recorded something like that for a very long time. So it was quite an achivement, I think," Rodgers said of the LP.

Abigail
15-05-2009, 21:40
Reformed pop-punk trio Blink-182 made a surprise live return at a private party in Hollywood last night.

Mark Hoppus, Tom DeLonge and Travis Barker played their first gig together in five years at Paramount Pictures. Weezer, DJ-Am and Barker performed scheduled shows earlier on in the evening.

Writing on his blog, Hoppus described the event as "one of the best nights of my life".

"The whole thing was a secret," he said. "Travis and DJ-AM were already scheduled to perform, and as a surprise ending, Blink-182 came out at the very end and played a few songs.

"Thanks to everyone who was there. Thanks to T-Mobile and most of all thanks to Travis and Tom. You are my brothers and it feels amazing to share the stage with you once again."

Blink-182 announced that they were reuniting and working on new material at this year's Grammys. The group sold 12 million albums between 1992 and 2005, which spawned the hits 'All The Small Things', 'I Miss You' and 'The Rock Show'.

Abigail
15-05-2009, 21:41
Noel Gallagher has started writing new songs during the South American leg of Oasis's world tour.

The guitiarist revealed that instead of going out to party with the band he preferred to stay in and work on new material.

"Had to scarper after the gig. Would have loved to have stayed and relived the 90s but the writing bug has gripped me," he wrote on the group's MySpace page.

"Nearly wrote five new songs on this leg alone! Got to get them down while it's still happening."

The star previously claimed that Oasis were a "rudderless group" going through "bad times".

Meanwhile, Liam Gallagher has insisted that the band would split if any of them attempted solo projects.

Abigail
15-05-2009, 21:41
Whitney Houston is close to finishing her comeback album, reports say.

The singer is reportedly adding the final touches to her much-anticipated seventh studio outing Undefeated, according to Hip Hop RX.

Promotional photographs of a potential album cover leaked on to the internet last week, while the first track from the album, 'I Didn’t Know My Own Strength', is expected to be given airplay in the near future.

The song is written by Diane Warren, who penned hit singles for Celine Dion, Aerosmith and Toni Braxton. Music mogul Clive Davis has also confirmed that there will be a duet featuring R. Kelly on the LP.

Houston's career has suffered in recent years amid marriage troubles and drug allegations, but she made a singing comeback at a pre-Grammy Awards party for Davis in February.

Perdita
18-05-2009, 11:37
Fergie has revealed that she has experimented with her sexuality in the past and enjoyed filming the "girl-on-girl tease" segment in an upcoming music video.

The Black Eyed Peas singer told The Sun that she had relationships with women before marrying actor Josh Duhamel in January.

Fergie said: "Put it this way, I've experimented definitely, but I have never had a steady girlfriend.

"You'll like our next video, for 'I Got A Feeling', because I have a little girl-on-girl tease section of the video. I met the girls right before we did the scene."

She added: "They were beautiful. They were hot. One of them was the director's girlfriend - so he was happy!"

Actress Megan Fox recently admitted to being bisexual, while singer Pink denied media reports regarding her own sexuality.

Chloe O'brien
19-05-2009, 20:34
Leona Lewis and long term boyfriend Lou Al-Chamaa are on the verge of splitting up, reports claim.
The couple, who met in school at the age of ten, have allegedly been struggling to maintain their relationship since Lewis became a global star.
"They are still in love, but Leona's lifestyle is making things really hard," a source told Star magazine.
"Her career is doing so well, but to keep growing as a singer, she has to work even harder. Unfortunately, this leaves her very little time to work on her relationship. It could already be over."
Lewis had previously travelled frequently to London but has recently been renting a mansion in Los Angeles. According to the publication, the couple have not been photographed together since January.
"It is sad, but unless Leona and Lou can find a magic solution, it looks like it could be the end of the road for them," the source added.

Perdita
26-05-2009, 07:18
N-Dubz will swap the stage for the cemetery this week when they help promote youth volunteering.

The 'Wouldn't You' group have agreed to join 45 young people transform a deconsecrated cemetery into a woodland retreat in Tower Hamlets, East London.

The project has been organised to launch Orange RockCorps, a programme that aims to inspire young people to give back to the community and get involved in volunteering.

The group will later join Lady GaGa and other acts at a concert organised for volunteers who have earned special tickets through carrying out unpaid work in their local communities.

The live show will be held at Manchester Apollo on July 13.

Chloe O'brien
29-05-2009, 00:18
MTV has announced that Kiefer Sutherland will be among the celebrities presenting at this year's Movie Awards.
The 24 star will be joined in the hosting duties by Star Trek (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a153226/star-trek.html) actor Chris Pine and Sacha Baron Cohen as Brüno (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a152093/trailer-bruno.html).
LeAnn Rimes, Ed Helms, Anna Faris and Justin Bartha are also lined up to present awards.
The ceremony is being hosted (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a149759/snl-comic-samberg-to-host-mtv-movie-awards.html) by Saturday Night Live's Andy Samberg, while Eminem and Kings Of Leon are among the musical performers scheduled to appear.
The full list of nominees was announced (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a154901/mtv-movie-awards-the-nominations.html) earlier this month.

Chris_2k11
10-06-2009, 22:45
Singer Rachel Stevens has been robbed of jewellery by three men who followed her into her flat in north London.

The men ambushed the former S Club 7 star on Tuesday afternoon as she entered her flat near Regents Park.

It is believed the items stolen included her engagement ring, a necklace and her watch.

A spokesman for Stevens, 31, who came second in last year's Strictly Come Dancing show, said the experience had been "distressing" for her.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "It's believed the woman returned to her flat and was followed in to the premises by three males.

"The suspects are understood to have threatened her before making off with a quantity of jewellery."

Stevens is engaged to actor Alex Bourne, with their wedding planned for this summer.

Perdita
12-06-2009, 06:19
R'n'B star USHER and his wife are reportedly planning to divorce after almost two years of marriage.
The singer, who had a hit with Yeah!, and stylist TAMEKA FOSTER have been living apart for the past year, according to U.S. publication In Touch.

Divorce papers were filed in Atlanta, Georgia on Thursday morning.

The news comes just four months after Foster suffered cardiac arrest during cosmetic surgery in Brazil.

At the time, Usher, who flew to South America to be by her side, insisted he had no idea his wife was there for the procedure.

The pair married in August 2007, just a month after Usher mysteriously cancelled their first ceremony.

The singer also reportedly fell out with his mother because of his relationship with Foster.

A source close to the couple said: "Usher's primary concern is for his children. He is a great father and just wants to do what is right for them."

The couple have two kids together, Usher Raymond V, 18 months, and Naviyd, six months.

The Sun

That is sad, especially with such young children. :(

Perdita
16-06-2009, 06:46
Singer and DJ Sonique has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

The 40-year-old, real name Sonia Clarke, has been admitted to a clinic in Harley Street, central London as a matter of urgency, according to her spokesman.

Stuart Watts confirmed that the star was diagnosed with cancer last Tuesday, while she is expected to remain in hospital until at least this weekend.

Sonique rose to fame with her number one single 'It Feels So Good' in 2000. She previously held a permanent residency at the Manumission nightclub in Ibiza.

The singer was expected to release new single 'World Of Change' next month, however Watts confirmed that plans would depend on her health.

All the best to her :(

Perdita
18-06-2009, 06:57
A student has immortalised East 17 star Brian Harvey in artwork for her graduation piece.

Nicky Carvell, who attends Royal Academy Schools in London, used the former boyband star as the inspiration behind her final project.

"I was obsessed with East 17. I grew up in Hemel Hempstead, but my dad used to drive me around Walthamstow looking for Brian. We never found him but we met this guy in a car park who claimed to be his mate," she told This Is London.

"He was the rebel. So my work is looking at him from a distance, more disenchanted."

Carvell added that she did not want Harvey to see her piece, called 'We Can All Admire All We See, But In The End We Can Only Choose One'. The artwork is on sale for £2,500.

"I'd hate that. I don't want to meet him. It would be a big let down," she said.

:lol:

Perdita
20-07-2009, 14:45
Sixties popstar Gordon Waller of the British duo Peter And Gordon has died at the age of 64.

The Scottish-born singer passed away on Friday at the William W. Backus Hospital in Norwich, Connecticut after suffering a cardiac arrest on Thursday evening.

In a statement posted on their official website, musical partner Peter Asher said: "Gordon played such a significant role in my life that losing him is hard to comprehend - let alone to tolerate.

"Gordon remains one of my very favourite singers of all time and I am still so proud of the work that we did together. I am just a harmony guy and Gordon was the heart and soul of our duo.

"The idea that I shall never get to sing those songs with him again is an unthinkable change in my life."

Waller and Asher met at the Westminster School in London and later found success with the track 'A World Without Love', which was written by Sir Paul McCartney. They split in 1968 but had recently started performing together again.

Waller leaves his wife Jen, two daughters and a granddaughter.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a166254/sixties-star-gordon-waller-dies-aged-64.html

RIP Gordon

Perdita
21-07-2009, 06:08
'Beat Again' boyband JLS have announced details of a 15-date UK tour for 2010.

The X Factor runners-up will play a string of venues next February to promote their forthcoming debut album. Tickets go on sale on Friday, July 24.

The group, who include Oritsé, JB, Aston and Marvin, reached number one on Sunday with their first single.

The tour dates in full are:

February 1 - Ipswich, Regent
February 2 - Nottingham, Royal Centre
February 3 - Newcastle, City Hall
February 5 - Birmingham, LG Arena
February 6 - Manchester, Apollo
February 7 - Sheffield, City Hall
February 9 - Brighton, Centre
February 10 - Bournemouth, BIC
February 12 - Brentwood, Leisure Centre
February 13 - London, HMV Hammersmith Apollo
February 14 - Liverpool, Empire
February 17 - Plymouth, Pavilions
February 18 - Bristol, Colston Hall
February 19 - Cardiff, CIA
February 21 - Glasgow, Clyde Auditorium

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a166318/jls-announce-15-date-2010-uk-tour.html

Perdita
21-07-2009, 09:04
The Beastie Boys' album and summer tour have been postponed after band member Adam Yauch disclosed that he is suffering from cancer.

In a posting on the band's website, Yauch reveals a cancerous tumour in his left salivary gland will need surgery. He is expected to recover fully.

"I just need a little time to get this in check and then we'll release the record and play some shows," he wrote.

Hot Sauce Committee Part I was due to be released on 15 September.

The band had been due to play a number of headlining slots at festivals across the US, including the Lollapalooza event.

One of the act's last live performances was at Tennessee's Bonnaroo music festival last month.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8160016.stm

I hope he will recover fully

Perdita
27-07-2009, 14:31
Organisers of the Glade Festival have announced the sale of early bird tickets for next year's event.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a167618/early-bird-tickets-on-sale-for-glade-2010.html

sindydoll
01-09-2009, 15:54
Cheryl Cole is planning a secret duet with last year's X Factor winner (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a138397/alexandra-burke-wins-the-x-factor.html) Alexandra Burke, it has been claimed.
The Girls Aloud singer, who was Burke's mentor on the reality talent show, is said to have discussed a possible collaboration with the blessing of Simon Cowell.
A source told Heat: "Cheryl's been very involved in Alexandra's career so far and calls her a lot to see how she is, even inviting her over for 'girly nights' where they sit and chat about how things are going and the pressure she's under.
"She's already spoken to Alexandra about collaborating with her next year. Simon thinks that if Alex and Cheryl did a single, it would be a huge hit."
The insider added: "He'd definitely put his weight behind it as he knows how popular they both are with the public. He said it would be a 'sure-fire hit' and Cheryl agrees."
Last week, it was reported (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a173850/cole-splashes-out-for-burkes-birthday.html) that Cole had bought Burke a luxury holiday to the Seychelles for her 21st birthday.

from ds

Abigail
05-10-2009, 22:54
Westlife have confirmed that they will release their next album before 2010.

The Irish boyband, who put out their last LP Back Home two years ago, announced that their ninth studio record will be available this winter.

In a statement on their official website, they said: "It's been a while. We have much to tell you! Earlier this year there was a meeting in London. Not long after that meeting, the search for new songs began. We searched far and wide.

"Our search proved to be very successful and we can't conceal our excitement any longer!"

The group added: "It is our great pleasure to announce the following... there will be a new album this year. We are very happy with all the new songs and simply cannot wait to hear what you think of them!"

Chris_2k11
05-10-2009, 23:05
Oh no not Pestlife.

sindydoll
05-10-2009, 23:13
Westlife have confirmed that they will release their next album before 2010.

The Irish boyband, who put out their last LP Back Home two years ago, announced that their ninth studio record will be available this winter.

In a statement on their official website, they said: "It's been a while. We have much to tell you! Earlier this year there was a meeting in London. Not long after that meeting, the search for new songs began. We searched far and wide.

"Our search proved to be very successful and we can't conceal our excitement any longer!"

The group added: "It is our great pleasure to announce the following... there will be a new album this year. We are very happy with all the new songs and simply cannot wait to hear what you think of them!"
its out end of november..

Chloe O'brien
10-10-2009, 01:24
Oh no not Pestlife.

:eek: Chris don't pretend you don't like them their new album will be on your Santa list.

xcarlyx
12-05-2011, 18:12
Kelly Rowland Names Album: Here I Am

Kelly Rowland has unveiled the title for her third studio album.

The ex-Destiny's Child star has named her new record Here I Am and indicated that it will be released sometime this fall.

It will be the first album that she will release through Universal Motown. She has teamed up with a variety of producers including RedOne, Dr. Luke, Stargate and Rodney Jerkins.

"I was talking to my product manager [and] I said I wanted people to know that this is the record, the sound I¹ve been working toward... that here I am," Rowland told Billboard.

"And she said, 'that's the title'. It just connected with my heart and the music as well. It stands for everything I've gone through and thought about for this record as a woman. It's very strong."

Rowland recently teamed up with Italian DJ Alex Gaudino for a new single called 'What A Feeling'.

She is currently at number 32 in the US Hot 100 with her track 'Motivation'.

Watch the video for Kelly Rowland's 'Motivation' below: