PDA

View Full Version : Hollyoaks General News Thread

Bryan
02-04-2009, 18:54
A news thread for all general peices of news regarding the show and the cast. I.e Digitial Spy news reports etc.

For big news stories, please feel free to set up a thread of it's own.

Perdita
18-04-2009, 07:18
Hollyoaks production house Lime Pictures have been commissioned to create another late night version of the Channel 4 soap.

The five-parter, which is currently in pre-production, is being headed up by former Hollyoaks producer Bryan Kirkwood and will air across five nights towards the end of September.

Last year's edition of Hollyoaks Later, produced by new Hollyoaks boss Lucy Allan, saw the return of Guy Burnet as Craig Dean to tie in with the shock climax to the Niall Rafferty (Barry Sloane) plot.

tammyy2j
30-04-2009, 15:46
Gemma Bissix is to follow in the footsteps of Kelly Brook by heading to the West End.

The 25-year-old actress has landed the lead role in stage comedy Fat Pig, the position previously held by Kelly, 29.

Gemma, who has returned to Hollyoaks for a short stint, will travel around the UK with the company before performing in London.

She told pals of her new job at the opening of Jean-Christophe Novelli’s restaurant at Hotel Lorcrimar in Marbella.

One friend said: “It’s a great role for Gemma – she’s naturally funny.”

Perdita
06-05-2009, 04:39
Britain's Next Top Model hopeful Chloe Cummings is reportedly eager to land a role on Hollyoaks.

The 18-year-old, who is the cousin of former Top Model contestant Abbey Clancy, is one of the remaining 12 girls fighting it out to win a contract with Models 1.

Speaking to the Daily Star, she said: "I am not just a pretty face, you know.

"Ideally I would love to pop up on Hollyoaks but movies are my bigger dream."

Britain's Next Top Model continues next Monday at 9pm on Living.

Perdita
09-05-2009, 13:22
A Hollyoaks fan died of a drink and drugs overdose after developing an obsession with one of the soap's characters, an inquest has been told.

Lauren Fenton-Anderson, 24, was found dead at her home in Tunbridge Wells, Kent last August following an alcohol and painkillers binge.

The incident occurred after the interior design student became convinced that she was one of the Channel 4 show's troubled female characters, a coroner was informed this week.

Fenton-Anderson's boyfriend John Marshall confirmed that his partner became addicted to Hollyoaks while suffering from insomnia.

Recording a verdict of misadventure, deputy coroner Alan Blunsdon said: "She did take the tablets but didn't appreciate the effect of mixing them with alcohol."

Perdita
11-05-2009, 16:41
Actor Chris Fountain has expressed his excitement about what the future holds in life after Hollyoaks.

The 21-year-old, who plays Justin Burton, finished filming with the Channel 4 soap at the end of last month and bows out on screen in two weeks' time.

He said: "I've grown up playing Justin, so it's very odd that he'll be no more on the on-screen world. It is a bit weird, but I'm excited and looking forward to what may come from leaving."

However, he revealed that the prospect of having no work is just dawning on him, joking: "I only finished Hollyoaks about three weeks ago. After that I went to the Dancing On Ice tour and I only finished that on Tuesday, so I've only just started to realise that I've not got a job now! I'm going to sign on on Monday!"

Perdita
16-05-2009, 12:19
Hollyoaks star Gemma Merna has revealed that she dreams of playing Coronation Street legend Raquel Watts.

The actress, better known as Carmel McQueen on the Chester-based show, named Sarah Lancashire's former Weatherfield character as her ideal soap role in an interview.

"If I could take it back I would be Raquel in Coronation Street," Merna told PA.

She continued: "Carmel is like her, but I just love, love, love that character in Coronation Street. She was an icon."

Lancashire appeared in the role of Raquel from 1991 to 1996. She later made a brief return to the programme in 2000.

Discussing her own soap part, Merna added that her recent scenes with Ricky Whittle (Calvin Valentine) have been "tough" to film. Viewers have seen their on screen marriage hitting a rocky patch this year.

She commented: "Now we're going back more on the comedy lines, so fingers crossed we're doing some more fun stuff again."

There will only ever be one Raquel and she was played by Sarah Lancashire

Perdita
19-05-2009, 13:36
Gemma Bissix has said that her "ideal man" would be Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson.

However, the soap star, 25, claimed that she is more interested in driving cars with the TV presenter than any "back seat stuff".

"I'm a bit of a tomboy, so I always say Jeremy Clarkson is my ideal guy," she told New! magazine.

"It's because I'm into cars. I'd just get in the car with him and say, 'Let's go on a long drive'. There'd be no back seat stuff though - I'm just interested in the cars!"

Bissix also claimed that she has trouble finding good men because her characters in Hollyoaks and EastEnders intimidate nice guys.

"They think I'm like my screen characters," she said. "So all I get are the cocky, confident [men] who I know are going to cheat on me anyway."

Perdita
19-05-2009, 16:17
A Hollyoaks spokesperson has dismissed speculation that Sarah Harding has been offered a role in the soap.

According to the Daily Star, bosses at the Channel 4 programme had been desperate to sign up the Girls Aloud singer after learning that she is a fan of the show.

Speaking to PA, a representative for the Chester-based drama said: "It's absolutely not true, we have not been in any talks with her at all."

However, he added: "If Sarah did want to make an appearance, we wouldn't rule anything out for the future."

The 27-year-old recently admitted that she would love to pursue a career in acting and hopes to follow in Angelina Jolie's footsteps.

Perdita
27-05-2009, 09:34
Hollyoaks star Jamie Lomas has revealed that he "hates" stripping off for promotional photoshoots.

The 28-year-old actor, who recently filmed his final scenes as Warren Fox, admitted that posing for the soap's annual calendar was a frustrating part of his job.

Speaking to Celebs On Sunday magazine, he explained: "I hate it. I'd rather not [do it]. I've done three calendars since I've been at Hollyoaks. It's compulsory, I don't have any choice in the matter - I'd be hauled up into the producer's office if I refused to.

"I stop eating before I have to do one, and the second I've done my shot I'm like: 'Right, get me a pizza, a beer...'"

Lomas also insisted that he never receives saucy letters or items of underwear from the programme's female fans.

"I swear to God I don't, honestly. Maybe people are just scared I'll come and get them. I've never even had a pair of pants in my life," he said.

The star joined Hollyoaks in 2006 and announced his decision to quit the show in March this year.

Perdita
27-05-2009, 14:12
Former Hollyoaks actor Barry Sloane has landed a theatre role alongside The Office and Pirates Of The Caribbean actor Mackenzie Crook.

The 28-year-old, who played psychotic Niall Rafferty in Channel 4's teen soap, has been signed to appear in a Jez Butterworth's play Jerusalem, taking on the role of bearded country hardman Troy Whitworth.

Crook, meanwhile, will play Johnny Byron's friend and partner in crime, Ginger.

Speaking exclusively to DS, Sloane said: "I'm really looking forward to meeting and working with Mackenzie Crook. I've been brushing up on my Bristonian and although I miss working in soap, I can't wait to getting back on stage."

Jerusalem is a dark dramedy depicting modern-day life in the Wiltshire countryside. The story revolves around local waster Johnny Byron (Mark Rylance), who continues to juggle his children, drug habit, housing problem and alcohol dependency until his troubles reach a head on the day of the country fair.

Sloane begins rehearsals on Monday, June 8, and the play can be seen at the Royal Court Theatre from July 15 to August 22.

The actor last appeared on stage as Sammy in Blood Brothers at Christmas 2007.

Perdita
28-05-2009, 12:11
Came across this article this morning:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/tvandradioblog/2009/may/27/hollyoaks-new-producer

Chris_2k11
28-05-2009, 17:20
Came across this article this morning:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/tvandradioblog/2009/may/27/hollyoaks-new-producerShes got her work cut out to be quite honest. I'd hate to see it go back to the rubbish days.

Perdita
03-06-2009, 14:10
Those viewers who have caught episodes of Hollyoaks since Monday will have already spotted that new series producer Lucy Allan has implemented her promised "small but noticeable change" to the opening, closing and to-ad break title sequences.

For those who haven't seen yet, here's what the new ad break bumper looks like:

As you can see, the pink and blue logo has been dropped for a monochrome version, while the ad bumper character pictures have been switched to the colour variety.

I'm all for a refresh during new regimes, but I'm not sure about this one. A quick straw poll around DS Towers would agree.

di marco
04-06-2009, 06:43
tbh im not really that bothered, its hardly that different is it? i wonder if i would even have noticed if i didnt know?!

Perdita
04-06-2009, 14:10
Former Hollyoaks actress Summer Strallen has landed a role in a new BBC show called Land Girls.

The five-part period drama, part of a season of programmes marking the 70th anniversary of the outbreak of the Second World War, follows the lives and loves of four girls in the Women's Land Army.

Strallen - who played Summer Shaw in Hollyoaks and most recently Maria Von Trapp in Andrew Lloyd Webber's revival of The Sound Of Music - will play Nancy, a cosseted rich girl conscripted into the WLA against her will.

Nathaniel Parker, Christine Bottomley, Sophie Ward, Mark Benton, Danny Webb, Jo Woodcock and Becci Gemmell are also starring.

"Land Girls is a warm and vibrant drama celebrating the unsung heroes from the Second World War, and we're delighted to have secured this talented cast to realise the story," said BBC daytime controller Liam Keelan.

Land Girls is currently filming in and around Birmingham and is due to air on BBC One in September.

Perdita
05-06-2009, 15:40
Channel 4 teen soap Hollyoaks has launched an online search for a new female star.

Hollyoaks production house Lime Pictures hope to discover the show's next Roxanne McKee (Louise Summers) as they invite female viewers aged 18-30 to send in audition clips in the hope of being cast as the programme's new 18 or 19-year-old student character, India.

The web-based audition process, titled 'Desperately Seeking', opens today and will entail downloading a short script, videoing a performance and uploading the audition to the official site. Videos can be uploaded from the beginning of next week.

Entries must be received by June 22 and a shortlist of the final 25 will be announced on June 25. Those chosen will be asked to attend an official audition at the Hollyoaks set during the week commencing June 29.

From the shortlist, 10 applicants will be seen by the show's new series producer Lucy Allan, before the final three appear on T4 when the winner will be announced on July 4.

The winning candidate is then expected to begin filming for the part straight away and will appear on screen from September.

Series producer Lucy Allan said of the project: "We are very excited about opening the audition process to a wider audience and hope to find that special raw talent that we found in Roxanne and Marcus in the 'On The Pull' series."

Former Hollyoaks star Roxanne McKee landed her role as Louise Summers after winning the 'On The Pull' competition in 2004.

Perdita
02-07-2009, 19:50
Girls Can't Catch have revealed that they were terrified about their recent appearance on Hollyoaks.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a163142/girls-cant-catch-admit-to-oaks-nerves.html

tammyy2j
16-07-2009, 14:23
A Hollyoaks actress dialled 999 as she lay dying to say: "He's stabbed me to death ... my boyfriend, please help me", a court has heard.

Amy Leigh Barnes made the desperate call minutes after Ricardo Morrison, 21, attacked her with a kitchen knife and "left her for dead", Manchester Crown Court was told.

The 19-year-old, who was also a part-time model, was found a short time later by her father - who discovered his daughter dying in a pool of blood, Stuart Driver QC, prosecuting, told the court.

Morrison is in the dock alongside his mother, Melda Wilks, 49, of Hollyhill Road, Rubery, who is a policewoman in the West Midlands force. She is accused of assisting an offender, her son, by allowing evidence to be destroyed following the killing.

Both have pleaded not guilty.

Mr Driver, opening the case for the prosecution, said Amy called 999 shortly after 11.30am on November 8 last year from her grandmother's house in Farnworth near Bolton, where the young couple had been staying. He recounted her 999 call, saying: "'I'm dying. He's stabbed me to death. I'm dying. Please help me.'"

Mr Driver added: "The operator asked who had stabbed her and she said 'my boyfriend'."

Shortly afterwards Morrison abruptly dashed from the dock when the prosecutor began summarising the post mortem findings of the Home Office pathologist who examined Miss Barnes' body.

The injuries included a 10cm long slash across her face - a cut going from the right corner of the victim's mouth along her cheek. She also suffered five wounds to her chest and four to her back, several of which penetrated her liver.

Following an examination of the size of the knife and the injuries, it seemed the blade had been forced fully into the victim with "severe force" during the attack, Mr Driver said.

At this point the defendant, wearing a white shirt, tie, waistcoat and silver stud earring, turned his back and ran towards the cells. The hearing was temporarily adjourned, and the jury left court.

Earlier the prosecutor told the court the couple had been together for around a year.

Morrison, who denies murder, had moved from his native Birmingham to live with Miss Barnes, first at her mother's house, then to share the spare bedroom at her grandmothers' two-up two-down terraced home in Moss Street in Farnworth.

But there were "serious problems" in their relationship, the jury was told.

At 1am on the day she was murdered she had sent a text message from her mobile phone to Morrison, saying: "You are out of my life for good," the court heard.

Hours later her grandmother left the house for work, leaving the young couple alone in the house.

Morrison, it is alleged, then attacked Amy, punching her, spraying an aerosol in her face and then hurting her arm in a door, Mr Driver told the jury.

He then left to go into Bolton, locking her in the house.

While he was out "angry" text messages resumed between them, the victim calling him a "woman beater" and telling him, "I hate you. It's over. Leave me alone."

Miss Barnes, "upset and tearful" then called her mother, who lived across town in another part of Bolton, who was "very worried" about her daughter.

With Morrison on his way back to the house, they agreed her father would go to collect a house key from her grandmother and pick her up to bring her to their house.

That call ended at 11.33am, when Amy was alive and well, the court heard.

"Then something happened very quickly because, just two minutes later, at 11.35am, she called 999 and said he's stabbed me, my boyfriend," Mr Driver added.

"Having got off the bus, he walked the short distance to the house, let himself in, attacked her with the knife and left her for dead. Soon, her father turned up, opened the front door and found his daughter at the bottom of the stairs, a pool of blood beneath her.

"You can imagine his reaction, his panic."

Police and paramedics arrived and the victim was rushed to the Royal Bolton Infirmary.

Despite the efforts of medics they could not save her life and she was pronounced dead at 2.40pm.

di marco
16-07-2009, 17:01
does anyone know who she played in hollyoaks?

Chris_2k11
16-07-2009, 21:32
I don't know who she is at all

di marco
16-07-2009, 21:54
me neither. i looked it up and dont recognise her picture and cant find anywhere where it says who she played

Chris_2k11
16-07-2009, 22:11
She was probably just on it for a really short time

di marco
17-07-2009, 08:03
yeh thats what i was thinking, an extra with a name lol!

Katy
18-07-2009, 21:08
She was an extra in Hollyoaks, but had started auditioning for bigger roles i think, her trial is going on at the Crown at the minute.

She was very big on the party scene, which was how the paper but it, so knew alot of the actors on it, and also footballers, her ex was Benni McCarthey of Blackburn.

Perdita
19-07-2009, 13:12
Hollyoaks star Claire Cooper has been caught up in a love triangle with footballer David James and his long-term girlfriend, according to a report.

The 28-year-old actress, who plays Jacqui McQueen on the Channel 4 soap, is believed to have spent four days at the England goalkeeper's family home in Southampton amid rumours that he had split from Amanda Salmon, his partner of six years.

Cooper was allegedly introduced to James's four children on July 9 - before heading out to dinner with the family a day later.

A source told the Sunday Mirror: "David is a doting dad, so introducing Claire to his kids was a very big thing and proves just how highly he thinks of her.

"A lot of people around David have been aware he has been seeing a lot of Claire - and they have not been trying to hide the fact they have been together."

In a further twist, James was spotted back with his 37-year-old lover Salmon yesterday - though the status of their relationship remained unclear.

Speaking to the newspaper about Cooper, the soccer star insisted: "There's nothing at all going on. She's been down, but she's a friend of mine. That's all there is to it."

Meanwhile, the soap actress said: "You can print what you like but I wasn't there, so I don't know who he was with but it wasn't me. I am single and that is the truth. I am not dating him."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a166022/hollyoaks-star-linked-to-david-james.html

Perdita
21-07-2009, 15:22
Former Hollyoaks star Roxanne McKee has signed up to be the face of Clothes Show Live.

The 28-year-old actress, who played Louise Summers on the Channel 4 soap, will front a nationwide campaign for this year's event ahead of its launch in Birmingham on December 4.

McKee was recently styled by a team of designers for a shoot with fashion photographer James Rudland. An image from the session has now been chosen to appear on billboards and magazines across the country.

Speaking of her new role, McKee revealed: "I've always watched it on TV and wanted to go, so I'm very flattered to be part of such a huge event."

On her best fashion tips, she added: "My style advice is always wear what you feel comfortable in that reflects your personality."

Clothes Show Live is one of Europe's biggest fashion events, showcasing new collections and beauty products. It will run from December 4 to 9 at the Birmingham NEC this year.

McKee filmed her final appearance for Hollyoaks in late 2008 after quitting to pursue new projects.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a166460/mckee-fronts-clothes-show-live-campaign.html

Perdita
28-07-2009, 18:02
Hollyoaks star Amy Leigh Barnes's boyfriend has been found guilty of murder, according to reports.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a167933/hollyoaks-barness-boyfriend-guilty-of-murder.html

di marco
07-08-2009, 07:30
Hollyoaks star Kelly-Marie Stewart, who has Guillain-Barré syndrome, is aiming to walk again.

Stewart, 24, who plays Hayley Ramsay in the Channel 4 soap, lost the ability to walk aged 21.

The rare disease damages the body's nervous system and can leave sufferers paralysed.

"It started with pins and needles in my feet. Then one day when I was driving on the motorway I couldn't control the accelerator properly," she told the Daily Star.

"I went to see my doctor and he sent me to hospital. They were really worried, so they asked me to stay in for a few days. On the second day I was walking to the toilet and I collapsed. I've not been able to walk since.

"It happened so quickly, it was incredibly frightening. But I was lucky, some people are paralysed from the neck down. At least I still have the use of my upper body."

The actress said that she is now hopeful that she can achieve her dream of walking again.

"At the beginning I set goals for myself. I would say, 'You’ll be walking by your birthday'. But that never happened. Then it was Christmas, then New Year," she said. "In the end I gave up setting myself goals and just promised myself I'd work as hard as I could every day and take the baby steps to my dream."

Stewart, who has described her role in Hollyoaks as "a dream", also said that she wants to break down barriers for disabled people.

"I think able-bodied people are getting as much out of me being in the soap as disabled people," she said. "Obviously I hope to inspire those in wheelchairs to be proud of who they are but I also want to show that the wheel**chair doesn't make me who I am.

"Some people find it hard speaking to disabled people but hopefully I am showing I am just a normal girl like all the others on the show."

tammyy2j
04-09-2009, 14:13
Plans for the annual Hollyoaks calendars were hit by the credit crunch this year, it has been claimed.

The Chester-based soap's cast traditionally jet off to exotic locations for their yearly 'Hunks' and 'Babes' photos, however it is believed that the stars stayed much closer to home for the 2010 products.

According to the Liverpool Echo, the programme's actors stripped off at a boxing gym in Huyton, Merseyside recently, while the actresses visited Herefordshire for their own shoot.

A source told the newspaper: "For the 2009 calendar, they were all flown out to Spain and had a fantastic time, but this year they must have wanted to save some money because both the girls' and boys' shoots were done in Britain.

"The lads spent the day at the gym, and the girls got to go to a stately home in Herefordshire."

Revealing what fans can expect from the 'Hunks' pictures, the insider added: "There's a Fight Club theme to the shoot and the boys are all in boxing shorts, leaning on the ropes and looking mean and moody. There's plenty of pumped up biceps and fake sweat too."

Earlier this year, Jamie Lomas admitted that he "hated" posing for the calendar after leaving his role as Warren Fox.

Perdita
07-09-2009, 12:13
Bonnie Tyler has revealed that she agreed to appear on Hollyoaks Later because her nieces and nephews wanted her to take the part.

According to Wales On Sunday, the 58-year-old singer admitted that she had previously declined invites to feature on the soap before accepting a guest role.

Tyler said: "They've been after me for a while, a couple of years in fact, to do the show and I've always refused.

"I live out in Portugal a lot of the time and I haven't ever really seen it. I also really hate acting, I don’t even like making videos.

"But when my nieces and nephews started begging me to do it, I had to say yes. But I think it's the late night edition, so it might be a bit different to the normal show. It's not rude is it? It is! Oh no!"

Tyler also explained that she will be acting in a dream sequence as "some sort of guardian angel" on the soap.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a176058/tyler-appearing-on-hollyoaks-for-family.html

tammyy2j
17-09-2009, 15:15
Hollyoaks star Zoë Lister has admitted that she doesn't fear being typecast following her stint on the soap.

The 27-year-old actress announced in June that she had decided to quit her role as Zoë Carpenter after almost three years in the part.

Reflecting on the career choice, Lister told PA: "I've known for a while that my time at Hollyoaks is coming to an end because I'm keen to try other things."

She added: "I'm not worried about being typecast or anything because my character here isn't too crazy or off the wall so I don't think there would be much danger of that, so it'll be interesting to try something else."

The Channel 4 show's producers have announced that either Lister's character or Loui Batley's alter ego Sarah Barnes will be killed off in a tragic parachute accident on spinoff Hollyoaks Later next month.

Lister has previously described her decision to quit as "scary but also very, very exciting".

lizann
18-11-2009, 16:37
Former Hollyoaks star Paul Danan has announced that he would be willing to return to the teen drama.

The actor, who played Sol Patrick from 1997 to 2001, has become known for appearances on reality TV since bowing out from his soap role.

Speaking about the possibility of a comeback in an interview with DS, Danan commented: "It depends really, it depends what the storyline would be. Yeah, maybe. Never say never."

He continued: "I do watch it now and again, and it has definitely changed. But it's great, it's gone from strength to strength and it's an excellent show."

However, Danan went on to admit that he believes the Channel 4 programme was "better" when he was in it.

On whether he would consider joining another soap, he replied: "Maybe EastEnders some day?"

Danan appeared on ITV1's Celebrity Love Island in 2005 and 2006. He has also presented Date My Girlfriend for ITV2.

lizann
27-11-2009, 16:06
Hollyoaks star Zoe Lister said it's a "hideous experience" to be nominated for a Sexiest Female award.

The actress, who plays Zoe Carpenter in the soap, said she cringes with embarrassment when she hears her name read out in a such a category.

She told Reveal magazine: "I find it completely embarrassing - it's awful, awful, awful!"

She went on: "I cringe when I'm sat in the audience and they read my name out. There's always a camera panning in on my face, so I'll be busy trying to look like I don't care what the result is! It's a hideous experience."

The 27-year-old's award nominations include two nods for Sexiest Female at the British soap awards.

Zoe, whose character is currently behind bars as she prepares to stand trial for murder, is soon to leave the teen soap after more than three years.

alan45
02-04-2010, 13:32
Former Hollyoaks actress Zoë Lister has admitted that she gets annoyed when people make jokes about the soap.

The 28-year-old, who left her role as Zoe Carpenter on the serial last year, confirmed that it can be disheartening when the cast's hard work is mocked.

Speaking to Take 5 magazine, Lister explained: "It's a shame. I took it seriously because it was my job and I'm an actor.

"I get annoyed when people make fun, but at the same time it is what it is and it doesn't take itself too seriously. It can be bubblegum but it also deals with pretty big issues."

The star added that she remains grateful for the gritty storylines she was given throughout her three-year stint on the drama.

She said: "In the past, the students in Hollyoaks have often been overlooked, so it was great that Zoe developed and changed so much."

alan45
03-04-2010, 16:07
Nicole Barber-Lane has revealed that Hollyoaks producers asked her to regain some weight after she dropped four dress sizes.

The actress explained that she didn't look like her character Myra McQueen after slimming down from a size 22 to a size 14.

"I lost so much weight that my producer told me I didn't look like Myra any more, and would I mind putting a bit more weight back on?" she told PA.

"So now I'm a happy medium - a size 18 - but know that I can always lose weight again, once I want to."

Barber-Lane explained that she slimmed down by using a tapping therapy, which involves tapping on certain acupressure points on the body.

"Over the course of the year, tapping every day, I went from being a complete couch potato to enjoying running, doing two marathons and going down from a size 22 to a 14," she explained, adding that she has also used the technique on the Hollyoaks set.

"Tapping is great for remembering your lines," she said. "Once the whole set was negative and I got everyone tapping - even if no-one believed in it, it definitely lightened the mood on set and got everyone laughing, whereas just ten minutes earlier everyone was anxious and running late."

alan45
28-04-2010, 11:18
Hollyoaks star Dominique Jackson has said that her departure from the soap is coming at the "right time".

The actress's character Lauren Valentine is one of several who are being written out of the teen drama as part of new producer Paul Marquess's ongoing revamp.

Speaking to PA about her exit, Jackson commented: "Whenever I left the show it was going to be an upsetting time because I'd been there since I was 15.

"But, at the end of the day, times have to change and I'm only 18 and wasn't going to work at Hollyoaks forever. There are people I'm going to miss but it's the right time to do something else now."

Discussing her future plans, she added: "I'm only 18 so I kind of want to come back home, spend time with family and friends, and pick up where I left off with studying acting and dancing and singing."

Marquess is planning to fill the gaps left behind by the forthcoming departures by introducing a number of new families.

Perdita
29-04-2010, 11:45
Gerard McCarthy has admitted that he will be "gutted" when he bows out of Hollyoaks later this year.

The actor is leaving his part as cross-dresser Kris Fisher on the soap in order to take on a West End role in Flashdance - The Musical.

Speaking to Fate magazine about his forthcoming departure, McCarthy commented: "I'll be devastated. Right now I've got another three and half months to go and I'll just be gutted when the time comes to leave. I've begged the producers not to kill me off!

"The only reason why I'm leaving is because, hand on heart, I really miss doing something else. My background is musical theatre and having done four years at Hollyoaks, I'm really missing that.

"I just need to get this out of my system and then next year I'll be banging at the door of Hollyoaks shouting, 'Take me back!'"

Flashdance - The Musical is being choreographed by former Strictly Come Dancing judge Arlene Phillips.

Perdita
06-05-2010, 20:14
Former Hollyoaks star Ricky Whittle has admitted that he struggled with his character Calvin Valentine's final storyline.

In recent months, fans have seen a nastier side to the ex-policeman as the day of his fatal shooting draws closer.

Calvin's death has already aired on the Channel 4 soap in a special 'flashforward' episode set in the future, which sparked a murder mystery storyline. The killer's identity will finally become known to viewers later this month as the serial's real-time instalments reach the shock moment.

Speaking to Holy Soap about the implications of the 'whodunit' plot, Whittle commented: "[Calvin] had to have a lot of enemies so he became very rude and started acting very out of character.

"Like, he suddenly started sleeping around a lot more, which I found strange for someone who was chasing his wife for about a year. He didn't sleep with anyone else for a year, gets his wife back and then starts sleeping around.

"I found that difficult, but as an actor you have to find that truth, and I found that he had a flaw. He's trying to subconsciously get himself out of marriage because he doesn't think he's good enough [for Carmel] and he doesn't want to let her down in future [because] he thinks he will be weak and will let her down.

"Even though it was a storyline I didn't believe in, I was able to find the truth with the help of directors and other cast like Glen Wallace and Jennifer Metcalfe."

moonstorm
28-05-2010, 10:42
Ex-'Oaks star Rigby lands West End role
Hollyoaks star Emma Rigby is to make her West End debut in musical thriller Wolfboy.

The 20-year-old will appear in the production alongside ex-Any Dream Will Do contestant Daniel Boys, actor Gregg Lowe and fellow Hollyoaks alumnus Paul Holowaty, who played Steven 'Macki' Mackintosh on the Channel 4 soap.

Wolfboy tells the story of teenagers Bernie and David, who share an intimate adventure in a boy's home. Bernie has attempted suicide in the past, while David may have the powers of a wolf.

The show, adapted from a 1984 play written by Brad Fraser, has its London premiere at Trafalgar Studios 2 on July 8 and will run until July 31. It was previously performed at the 2009 Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

Rigby is best known for playing Hollyoaks' troubled Hannah Ashworth for four years. She made her final appearance in the role in February and has often spoken of how she wants to make a name for herself in theatre.

Perdita
28-05-2010, 12:53
Hollyoaks star Carley Stenson has revealed that she was pleased when she heard that her character Steph Cunningham would be diagnosed with cervical cancer.

The health nightmare kicks off in next week's episodes, which see Steph struggling to come to terms with the news about her condition.

Speaking of the shock plot, Stenson told All About Soap: "I'm so flattered I've been trusted with this storyline. I was the face for the campaign Arm Against Cervical Cancer last year, so it's important to me that I get it right."

Asked whether Steph is confident about beating her illness, the actress replied: "There's no other option. If she doesn't fight this, the alternative isn't worth thinking about."

Steph initially decides not to tell love interest Gilly Roach (Anthony Quinlan) about her news, and also keeps her family out of the loop.

Stenson explained: "With Gilly, she's embarrassed and doesn't want him to look after her. She also doesn't want to hurt her family either."

The star has been part of the Hollyoaks cast since 2000.

alan45
01-06-2010, 11:08
Lime Pictures
Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter has admitted that she would like to see Theresa McQueen face the consequences of her decision to shoot Calvin Valentine.

The actress's character was last month unveiled as Calvin's killer - the climax to a six-month long 'whodunit' mystery.

Speaking to PA about how she reacted to the twist, Porter confessed: "I was a bit gutted because I thought I'd be gone, because everyone gets puts away for life if they kill someone. I believe one day she should get her comeuppance and I think she does."

She added: "I was a bit excited, too, because it's another side Theresa can show."

Ricky Whittle, who played Calvin for almost four years, recently said that he would have preferred Mercedes, Malachy or Spencer to be his alter ego's killer.

alan45
01-06-2010, 12:51
Hollyoaks star Sheree Murphy has revealed that she will not need to enter into a fashion war with fellow WAGs at the World Cup.

The actress will fly out to South Africa later this month to support husband Harry Kewell, who plays for the Australian national side. She is expected to attend the team's first two games before returning home to continue with her soap commitments.

Speaking to the Daily Record, Murphy confessed that she is likely to dress down at the matches in order to fit in with the partners of Kewell's team-mates.

She explained: "At the games, the Australian girls all wear the football shirts. It's very relaxed.

"They don't even dress up for a posh dinner. One evening, I rolled up head to toe in my great outfit, the shoes, the handbag, done up to the nines. They were all in cut-off shorts and flip-flops. They're very laid-back about it all, not like us in Britain."

Murphy and Kewell have been married since May 2003 and have three young children together.

Perdita
03-06-2010, 17:08
Hollyoaks star Carley Stenson has revealed that she wants her character's new cervical cancer storyline to raise awareness of the disease.

The actress's alter ego Steph Cunningham has been diagnosed with the illness in a new plot and will be seen struggling to come to terms with her condition in the coming days.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Stenson explained that she would like her scenes to have a positive impact by educating women about the importance of staying vigilant when it comes to cancer.

She commented: "I've been the face of the cervical cancer jab in Wigan for a while. Hopefully this plot will encourage ladies to keep on top of their smear tests, because the other option is really awful."

The 27-year-old recently confirmed that she was "flattered" to be trusted with the story and acknowledged how important it would be to "get it right".

Stenson has been part of the Hollyoaks cast since 2000.

Perdita
04-06-2010, 13:31
Former Hollyoaks star Barry Sloane has revealed that he is to appear in a New York theatre role next year.

The actor is to portray country hardman Troy Whitworth for another run in Jez Butterworth's play Jerusalem when the acclaimed production makes its Broadway debut in early 2011.

Sloane first appeared in the part at London's Royal Court Theatre when the show was staged there last summer. It was later transferred to the Apollo Theatre in the West End.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, Sloane commented: "I am really looking forward to going to Broadway. We hope to start rehearsals in February and the play will run for six months.

"You always read about Hollyoaks actors trying to make it in Hollywood so I am glad I am going to New York. I will be going with a job and working with actors who are established in Hollywood."

Jerusalem's Broadway run will once again see Sloane appearing alongside Pirates Of The Caribbean actor Mackenzie Crook, who plays the role of Ginger in the production.

Perdita
07-06-2010, 18:07
Former Hollyoaks actor Nico Mirallegro is to make a several-week guest appearance in Doctors, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The 19-year-old - who has played Hollyoaks emo Barry 'Newt' Newton for the last three years - recently filmed his final scenes with the Channel 4 teen soap, before quickly landing a guest part in BBC One's daytime medical drama.

Mirallegro takes on the role of Italian foreign exchange student Giovanni Mannasorri, who arrives in Letherbridge to study at university.

Attractive and highly enthusiastic, Giovanni soon befriends Jack, who's eager to impress tutors by helping newcomers to the area find their feet.

Turning up on Jack's doorstep for help with his mobile, Giovanni's taken aback by the sight of his sister Imogen - and it's clear that there's an instant spark between the pair.

Mirallegro began filming with Doctors last month and will make his debut on September 24 in an episode titled 'Two Marriages'.

Perdita
10-06-2010, 10:50
Hollyoaks star Dean Aspen has announced that he is to take part in a 65-mile bike ride to raise money for charity.

The actor, who plays Duncan Smith on the Channel 4 teen soap, will cycle from Manchester to Blackpool on July 4 in aid of cancer centre The Christie.

Writing on his official fundraising page, Aspen commented: "The work that people do at Christie's is so very important and the cause is something very close to my heart.

"It is for this reason that I will be getting up at some ridiculous time in the morning, putting on some skin tight shorts that feel like they have a nappy sewn inside, dragging my big fat backside onto a bike - with a very skinny saddle - and sweating, panting and - I'll be honest - probably crying for the 65 miles all the way to sunny Blackpool!"

He added: "After all day on a bike, chances are that my poor buttocks may never be the same again, but it will be worth it to know that we, together, have raised some money for a good cause. So please think of the people you will be helping, think of my bruised posterior and give generously!"

The Manchester To Blackpool Bike Ride is an annual event organised by The Christie. It attracted over 2,000 participants last year.

Good on him!!! :clap:

Katy
10-06-2010, 11:52
Good on him, a few of my mates know him, they were in his year at school, hes from the same place as me. thats a long way, but its for such a great cause.

Perdita
19-06-2010, 21:40
I can exclusively confirm that that Hollyoaks will debut its new title sequence and theme tune on Monday, July 5.

The first Monday of next month heralds the start of a new era for the Channel 4 soap as Paul Marquess's reign on screen officially commences.

Despite having helmed the show since the beginning of the year, Paul's first credited episode airs on the same day as the new credits and theme.

Little is known about both the titles and music but sources close to the show tell me that the actors - including the older cast! - "aren't in character" and that they were apparently filming against a green screen.

In addition, the theme tune has allegedly been "slowed right down".

DS

alan45
20-06-2010, 12:13
Hollyoaks actor Nick Pickard is reportedly considering quitting the show.

Pickard, who plays Tony Hutchinson in the soap, is said to be unhappy about the treatment of his brother and co-star John, who plays Dominic Reilly. John is rumoured to have been axed from the show and only discovered when his name was missing from the filming schedule.

A source told the Daily Star Sunday: "Nick was disgusted at the way his brother was treated. John’s been in the show five years and had no idea they were planning to axe him.

"The way he found out from a crew member was terrible. When Nick was told about it he was fuming. He’s not at all happy.

"A lot of people have left or are going and the ratings are the lowest they’ve ever been in the show’s history. The way his brother was treated was the final straw. He’s now seriously thinking about leaving the show."

Perdita
03-07-2010, 15:47
Gerard McCarthy has revealed that he might consider reprising his role on Hollyoaks in the future.

The 29-year-old actor, who bowed out of the teen soap this year, refused to rule out a return for his bisexual alter ego Kris Fisher.

Speaking to PA, he said: "I've gone out with the door wide open so whether I'll come back is completely out there."

McCarthy added of his last scenes with co-star Kent Riley, who plays Zak Ramsey: "The amount of times we've been told off for laughing and giggling together means my last scene was never going to be emotional.

"It was shot in the same way we shot every other scene - just laughing and messing around, having a great time. We go out on a high."

Perdita
04-07-2010, 16:20
Jorgie Porter has admitted that she hasn't enjoyed her character's pregnancy in Hollyoaks.

The 22-year-old actress, who plays Theresa McQueen, also revealed that she has qualms over working with a baby.

She told Inside Soap: "It's so hot! I have to wear a big padded bra as well as the bump and I can get quite irritable."

She added: "I'm not looking forward to acting with a baby, either. Some kids can be quite laid-back, but I've worked with ones who've just screamed in my face the whole time. Nightmare!"

Katy
04-07-2010, 16:57
Film star Nico Mirallegro
2 weeks ago 14th Jun 16:00

Former 'Hollyoaks' star Nicol Mirallegro has landed his first movie role in 'McQueen the Movie', which is based around suburban life in Manchester in the 90s.

Former 'Hollyoaks' star Nico Mirallegro has landed his first movie role.

The 19-year-old actor - who is best known for his portrayal of Barry 'Newt' Newton in the Channel 4 teen serial - has landed a part in upcoming film 'McQueen the Movie'.

He said: "It's about suburban life in Manchester in the 90s. It's a good cast and it should be really good."

It's about suburban life in Manchester in the 90s. It's a good cast and it should be really good.The movie will see the actor team up with former 'Coronation Street' beauty Tina O'Brien, 'Shameless' star Ciaran Griffiths' and 'Waterloo Road' actress Linzey Cocker.

Comment on this Article
He tweeted: "Start shooting the feature film 'mcqueen' next weekend! Great cast, Great crew! Should be fun!!(sic)"

Since he left 'Hollyoaks' under new producer Paul Marquess, nicknamed 'The Axe Man', Nico has been guest-starring in daytime BBC One show 'Doctors'.

In the series, the actor plays Italian foreign exchange student Giovanni Mannasorri, who arrives in the area to begin studying at university.

The upcoming storyline will be aired in September.

from female first

Perdita
06-07-2010, 15:13
Hollyoaks star Jennifer Metcalfe has revealed that she has dropped a dress size after undergoing a vaser liposuction procedure.

According to the Daily Mail, the 26-year-old paid £2,000 for the operation, which removed excess fat from her upper thigh and bottom area.

It is thought that Metcalfe, best known for her soap role as Mercedes Fisher, had the procedure done in Leicester two weeks ago and has dropped from a size 10 to 12 to a size 6 to 8.

Confirming the news, the actress commented: "I'm completely amazed at the results after just one operation. I feel like I've dropped a dress size - and I have!"

The vaser procedure differs from traditional liposuction methods because it uses special ultrasound technology to break up fat before it is removed, leading to a less painful experience.

Metcalfe has previously admitted to feeling insecure about her figure. In a recent interview, she remarked: "My bum is certainly a big one. Me and my bum have a love-hate relationship. There's nothing I can do about it! It's quite a shelf, it's got meat, it wobbles and it sticks out."

alan45
15-07-2010, 11:39
Hollyoaks is to launch an online spinoff series featuring three new characters, it has been announced.

Students Jamil, Doug and Leanne will be introduced to fans of the soap in Hollyoaks Freshers, a six-part run of 10-minute episodes which is to start airing on the internet next month.

The programme will follow the trio's summer activities - including a trip to a music festival - before they later make the transition to the main Channel 4 show as new members of the regular cast.

Accompanying the internet series will be online blogs, social networking pages and Flickr accounts for each of the new arrivals, which will see them posting messages and photos in character.

Hollyoaks Freshers will also see Alex Carter's comeback scenes in the role of Lee Hunter and feature regular characters Darren Osborne (Ashley Taylor Dawson), Charlotte Lau (Amy Yamazaki) and Dave Colburn (Elliot James Langridge).

Broadcast reports that the series will begin on August 26, with episodes being uploaded every Thursday and Friday for three weeks. The drama will also be aired as a one-hour special on E4 in the autumn.

Hollyoaks previously created an online spinoff called The Morning After The Night Before, which aired last summer and tackled the issue of binge drinking.

Perdita
15-07-2010, 17:21
Earlier today, it was revealed that three new students are to be introduced to Hollyoaks later this year, making their first appearances in an online spinoff series called Hollyoaks Freshers.

The show will follow new arrivals Doug (PJ Brennan), Leanne (Jessica Forrest) and Jamil (Sakinder Malik) for six episodes airing over the course of three weeks before they later make the transition over to the main Channel 4 soap.

Hollyoaks bosses have now released the first pictures of the trio. Take a look below to meet the newcomers...

alan45
17-07-2010, 00:39
Stephen Uppal has announced that he is to leave Hollyoaks after more than two years in the role of Ravi Roy.

The actor revealed the news on Twitter this evening, confirming that he made his decision to bow out from the Channel 4 soap some time ago.

Addressing his online followers, Uppal said: "Only 6 more episodes left to shoot - wow the time has flown by!"

After receiving messages from surprised fans, he added: "Sorry guys, yes I decided to leave a while back. I've had a good time but always wanted to leave after a few years. Bye bye Ravi Roy!"

Uppal's news comes a week after it was revealed that John Pickard (Dom Reilly), Ashley Slanina Davies (Amy Barnes), Glenn Wallace (Malachy Fisher) and Garnon Davies (Elliot Bevan) are bowing out from the teen drama.

Hollyoaks has also announced a number of other cast departures this year, with some regulars choosing to leave of their own accord and others being written out following the arrival of new producer Paul Marquess.

Perdita
29-07-2010, 16:31
Hollyoaks star Ashley Margolis seems to have disappeared from our screens recently, leaving some viewers confused about the whereabouts of his character Ricky Campbell.

Yesterday, the mystery deepened when eagle-eyed fans spotted that he'd been added to the 'Departed' section of the soap's official website without explanation.

Despite those less-than-encouraging signs leaving people to wonder whether Ashley had been quietly written out, that isn't the case. The young actor has simply been taking some time off to sit his GCSE exams, leading to his recent absence.

A Hollyoaks spokesperson told DS this morning that he'll be back on screen around September/October.

Perdita
01-08-2010, 12:28
Footballer Joe Cole's new Liverpool mansion is set to appear in an upcoming late-night episode of Hollyoaks.

The £2.5m home in Formby will feature in hot tub scenes featuring show newcomer, footbaler Riley Costello and Mitzeee, according to the Daily Star Sunday.

A source said: "We could well have the bizarre scenario of Joe and [wife] Carly sitting in their living room watching a footballer and a WAG doing a scene - in their living room.

"It’ll be like they’re watching themselves on telly - only with a touch more drama. Talk about art imitating life."

A neighbour said: "It’s like a millionaire’s playground round here. It really is the place to live on Merseyside."

A Hollyoaks spokesman added: "We have been filming scenes at the mansion for one of our upcoming late-night episodes. They’ll feature our new character Mitzeee and Riley, who’s a footballer, and will be screened on October 25.”

Perdita
07-08-2010, 19:05
Jorgie Porter has claimed that she would join the Army if she wasn't starring in Hollyoaks.

The actress, who plays Theresa McQueen in the Channel 4 show, revealed that she spent a week working with the military while at school and would consider it as a job if her acting career fails.

Speaking to FHM, she said: "I have fired a gun. For my work experience at high school I went into the army for a week. It was the best thing. If I wasn't doing this, I think I'd definitely join up. I fired a gun - I think it was an SA80 - and I got my skin caught when I changed the magazine. That hurt!"

She added that she enjoys seeing a man at work, saying: "This one time, I had a falling out with an ex and he turned up at my house saying he had a flat tyre. I watched him change his wheel and I totally forgot what we were arguing about. Seeing a man do a job like that was hot."

Perdita
09-08-2010, 20:11
STRICTLY star Ricky Whittle "knocked a photographer down in frustration", a court heard today.

The former Hollyoaks actor, 30, is standing trial for allegedly knocking down Steve Farrell with his Red American Dodge car in Liverpool in November last year.

Ricky had been partying with pals and former girlfriend Carley Stenson at a bash for the teen soap at Parr Street Studios when the incident occurred.

Ricky was "working hard and in no mood for the paparazzi to take photographs of him and Miss Stenson together", said prosecutor Paul Becker at Liverpool Crown Court.

The actor was said to have agreed to pick up Carley and her friend as they emerged from the bash after he'd tried to lose the photographers.

But the snappers followed him and Mr Farrell started taking pictures, the jury heard.

He was said to be next to Ricky's left-hand drive Dodge, but not blocking it, when the car suddenly veered to the left and smashed into him.

CCTV footage of the incident was played in court.

/sol/
Enlarge
Strutting his stuff ... Ricky with dance partner Natalie Lowe
spacer
The prosecutor added: "The prosecution's case is that the defendant, irritated by the presence of the paparazzi, had deliberately turned his wheel to the left in order to vent his frustration towards Mr Farrell.

"He deliberately turned his wheel to the left, knocking Mr Farrell to the ground."

The victim sprained his knee and hurt his hand and was treated at hospital.

Carley then phoned a photographer friend to find out what happened and found out that Mr Farrell had called the police.

Prosecutor Mr Becker later added that Ricky should have to face the drawbacks of a celebrity lifestyle, including being photographed.

He added: "This intrusive behaviour, you may think, will often cause great irritation to a celebrity. However, without the photographs, there would be no glossy magazines for members of the public to buy each week."

When the snapper was cross examined by the Strictly star's barrister, Stuart Driver QC, he said: "With celebrities, it's a game. That's what it is."

He then said he heard the engine revving before being thrown to the kerb.

Mr Farrell, who was punched in the face by Gazza in 2005, said Ricky had been professional and calm all the other times they'd run into each other.

He also said he would have stopped taking pictures if Ricky had asked him to, as he'd once agreed not to sell images of Hollyoaks stars drunk and covered in vomit.

The Strictly star went to St Helens Police Station voluntarily after the incident.

He denies dangerous driving.

The trial continues.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3087456/Ricky-Whittle-stands-trial.html#ixzz0w8aXxqvu

Perdita
10-08-2010, 15:27
Northern Irish actor and wheelchair user Peter Mitchell has been cast in Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks.

The 26-year-old, who previously played the role of Dan in disability-themed mockumentary Cast Offs, is to play a yet-to-be-announced character in the teen show after being recruited by producer Paul Marquess.

Mitchell has used a wheelchair since 2002, when he lost the ability to walk following a car crash. He landed his new TV part last week during a meeting with the Hollyoaks production team at the show's base in Liverpool.

Speaking of his casting, Mitchell told the Derry Journal: "I thought getting a part in Cast Offs was fantastic and then came a part in Doctors - but this is really big. This is a long term acting job - they don't come much bigger than this and I'm really excited about it.

"I went over last Thursday morning and met with the producer on the village set for the show. As soon as I walked through the door, he started to talk about my character and I soon discovered that the decision had already been taken to put me in the show."

He continued: "I'll need to move to Liverpool, I reckon that'll probably be at the end of October. I don't actually start filming until November and my character, which is being worked on at the minute, will not appear on the screen until late January or early February."

Mitchell is the latest in a long line of new signings which have been announced since Marquess took office at the teen soap in January.

tammyy2j
10-08-2010, 15:55
Isnt this a spoiler Perdy?

Perdita
10-08-2010, 15:56
I am sorry, clicked on wrong section. My apologies. :o

Maybe a mod could move it please, sorry. Thanks :)

alan45
28-08-2010, 11:08
Hollyoaks star Bronagh Waugh has revealed that she is a huge fan of EastEnders and Coronation Street.

The actress, who plays Cheryl Brady in the Channel 4 soap, admitted that she watches both of the soaps' omnibus editions and thinks former Hollyoaks producer Bryan Kirkwood is doing a good job on EastEnders.

"Both EastEnders and Coronation Street are doing great - I try to watch the omnibuses. I'm friends with Corrie actor Craig Gazey, so I tune in to see what he's up to. Hollyoaks' old producer, Bryan Kirkwood, is now in charge at EastEnders, and I love what he's doing. Bringing back Kat and Alfie Moon is a stroke of genius."

Waugh added that she also writes scripts as well as acting, saying: "I actually wrote my own sketch show which the BBC was interested in, but it's been put on the back burner since I've been in Hollyoaks. I'd like to get back to writing that again, and hopefully I can get it commissioned sometime soon."

alan45
11-10-2010, 11:41
Lots of Hollyoaks Spoilers from DS

Last week, I attended a Hollyoaks press event in London, where members of the media were lucky enough to mingle with the cast and enjoy a sneak preview of what's to come for Channel 4's flagship soap.

With glasses of bubbly and other refreshments readily available, everyone received a warm welcome from the drama's team - before the event began in earnest when series producer Paul Marquess gave a speech reflecting on the period of rejuvenation that he's been heading up at Hollyoaks since his arrival in January.

From Paul's speech, it's clear that everyone involved in the programme is excited and extremely proud of the changes that have been rolled out in recent months - from the new titles, glamorous new signings and compelling new plotlines which have received a largely positive response from fans.

It wasn't all talk, though, as we were then treated to three clip reels which provided a glimpse of forthcoming storylines on Hollyoaks and its late-night spinoff Hollyoaks Later, which returns on October 25.

As for what I can reveal from the clips that we saw, the first thing that I was excited to see is that Carmel's threat to report Theresa to the police once the baby is born definitely hasn't been forgotten! Fans had already been promised that this storyline hadn't been abandoned, but it was great to see the clips to prove it - especially as the episode which saw Carmel discover the truth was one of the best this year.

The footage screened showed Theresa giving birth and the subsequent panic for the McQueens as they realised that Carmel's vow was deadly serious. But will Theresa be heading to jail for shooting Calvin? All I can say is that there looks to be more than a few twists and turns ahead for this storyline...

The other major clips that we saw offered a small glimpse of the November fire plot - which looked pretty spectacular, I have to say! A number of characters will find themselves in danger during this special week of episodes, but I was particularly struck by one scene which featured an emotional 'heart in mouth' moment as a much-loved character was trapped in the flames, seemingly with no way out…

For Hollyoaks Later, the clips that were screened mainly focused on Michael Bisping's bad boy character Nathan, who was busy waving a baseball bat around and threatening to use it to break the Costello brothers' legs! Other sneak peeks showed Mitzeee teaching Nancy and Theresa about the joys of chasing a footballer, and Bart and Jasmine's story reaching a climax as Jasmine struggles to keep her secret under wraps…

Meanwhile, it was also confirmed that this year's Later will focus on the events of "one fateful night" and seamlessly interweave with the main 6.30pm episodes.

Once Hollyoaks Later and the November stunt are out of the way, it sounds as if the next major plotline will be the previously-announced murder which is to rock the village towards the end of the year. Paul Marquess promised that it will be "the scariest murder story the programme has ever told".

December also sees Channel 4 broadcasting a one-off late-night Hollyoaks bubble episode, but details of what we can expect from that have yet to be confirmed.

While at the event, I managed to grab chats with Kieron Richardson (Ste) and Rachel Shenton (Mitzeee), so keep an eye out for those appearing on the site in the coming days.

In the meantime, more teasers for the next few months of Hollyoaks appear below:

§ A member of Jasmine's family will discover her secret, before the storyline reaches a surprising climax at Christmas…
§ Mitzeee starts pursuing Carl again - but this time she's being spurred on by someone else who wants revenge against him…
§ There's more comedy on the way from Lee Hunter as he forms his own boy band called 'Guy Candy'!
§ A long-standing character will find themselves becoming the prime suspect as the police investigate the fire at Il Gnosh…
§ Mercedes will be at the centre of a shock new love triangle that's bound to end in tears…
§ Life in the O'Connor household looks set to be rocked again when Sinead thinks she has made a sickening discovery about her dad Rob…
§ Someone gets stabbed…
§ And moving into the New Year, a shock arrival will change life for the McQueens forever…

alan45
13-10-2010, 11:32
orgie Porter has said that filming Hollyoaks is not as glamorous as it might seem.

The actress, who plays Theresa McQueen on the show, told Sugar that a lot of effort went in to making the characters look good on screen.

Porter said: "I love it, but it's really not glamorous, trust me! We spend hours under hot lights and we're always having make-up caked on, which plays havoc with my skin.

"We might look glam on screen, but when we're filming outside and it's freezing cold, we've all got hot water bottles shoved up our mini-skirts to keep us warm. I do love playing Theresa, though. Especially her walk. I designed it especially for her."

Asked if she would be friends with her character in real life, she added: "She's got load of attitude, but she's got a good heart, too. Although she'd probably flirt with your boyfriend.

"She wouldn't mean to hurt you, but she'd think, 'Your boyfriend fancies me. Watcha gonna do?'"

alan45
16-10-2010, 12:09
I recently had a chat with Hollyoaks' new signing Darren Day to hear all about his role as sinister Danny Houston on the Channel 4 soap.

We've already heard quite a bit about Danny from various characters in recent weeks, and plenty of hints have been dropped that he's certainly not one to be messed with. Tuesday's episode, however, will give us an opportunity to judge for ourselves as he appears on screen for the first time.

Based on Darren's comments in our main interview - which you can read by clicking here - it sounds as if the villagers would do well to stay on Danny's good side once he becomes a regular fixture on the programme later this year…

If you've already seen the main chat, read on as Darren tells us more about Hollyoaks and also shares his thoughts on his acting career in general and recent charity work.

How does working on a soap compare to the acting work that you've done in the past?
"It's hard to say at the moment, because I've still only filmed one episode, and since then I've been busy doing promotion. But I suppose the main difference is that most of the stuff that I've done in the past has been theatre-based, where your day's work starts at about 6pm when you get into the theatre. With theatre, your day's work is between 6pm and 10.30pm. So the biggest difference will be the timing, as the Hollyoaks cast work 7am to 7pm most days. That might be a bit of a shock to the system, but I have kids and they get up very early, so I'm used to being up at that time!"

Is TV something that you've always wanted to do more of?
"Yeah, it is really. I've done a bit of camera action over the years - I did a film and I did quite a few episodes of Doctors. But when I realised that I'd really like to have a go at this was a couple of years ago when I did an episode of The Bill. I played quite an unsavoury character on The Bill, and I really loved it - I found it really creative and I got bitten by the bug for camera action. So I knew a couple of years ago that I wanted to go in this direction, but I had other commitments - I had a tour in 2008 that was pretty much for the whole year, and then I did a couple of shorter tours last year, and was on tour with We Will Rock You, the Queen musical, at Christmas. I've never really had the opportunity where I could commit to a long contract, so this year I've held out and gone to meet various producers for various soaps and dramas, and this is the one that's come off. I couldn't ask for a better part."

What's Paul Marquess like to work with?
"He's fantastic. It's wonderful for Hollyoaks that Paul has gone in there. I think he's already turned it around. When a soap or a drama has been running for that long, it's good for someone new to come in and to inject some new life into it. I think that's what Paul has done - it's become much grittier and has a new edge to it. There's lots of big storylines coming up between now and Christmas - and I've been told that they're going to be quite shocking."

You recently recorded a single to raise money for ABF, The Soldiers' Charity. Why did you choose to become involved in that?
"A few reasons, really. The song was 'No-One But You (Only The Good Die Young)', which was written by Brian May when Freddie Mercury died. Having done the We Will Rock You show, I became quite good pals with Brian and he's quite a good mate of mine now, so I knew the sentiment and story behind the song being written. For that reason, I really wanted to be involved in it. When you're famous, you get offered a lot of charity stuff and you have to do as much as you can, but I think it's important to do the ones that you really feel passionate about. I've got a couple of mates - one in particular - who were out on the frontline last year, so it was something that was quite close. I'm a big supporter of the girls and the boys that are fighting for our country, like we all are. It was brilliant to be part of it and try to raise some money for them. The Soldiers' Charity has been running for 66 years and done some amazing work, and the support network that they give to the soldiers is amazing."

Would you like to do more work with the charity?
"I would - I've done a lot for them, gone out and done a few interviews, I've gone out and done the Forces' radio and Forces' telly. It was quite amazing really, as some of the interviews that I did were live to Afghanistan and I was giving messages to the girls and guys that were out there. I would get behind the charity 100% - anything I was asked to do for the charity, I would do."

Finally, have you ever felt like you haven't had enough recognition for your acting skills?
"If I'm going to be totally honest, perhaps yes. I think that tabloid headlines about my private life became the pinnacle of what Darren Day was about, and it was almost like my career was overshadowed and fell into the background a bit. Rather than being known for my work, I became known for my private life, and that was never the plan. As a younger guy, I never wanted to become famous just for being famous - I wanted to act and sing for a living, and be an entertainer. It was quite hard when my career and performances stopped being talked about, and it just became about who I was sleeping with and what else I was up to. But I live my life a lot differently now. I'm happily married, I have children - I'm a husband and a father. It would be lovely to think that my work could now be what's written about, rather than all the old headlines that I've read for years. I'd like my work to finally do the talking - but we'll have to wait and see!"

alan45
17-10-2010, 03:54
Coming up in Hollyoaks, Tony and Gabby's relationship is about to hit a rocky patch as they have their first big dispute.

The couple clash when Phil is arrested for drink driving and Gabby helps out her estranged husband by bringing him back to Tony's for the night. However, in a twist, this comes just as Taylor has filled Tony in about Phil's shocking secret.

Gabby and Tony end up bickering over the situation and Tony just about manages to hold his tongue about what he knows.

As the pair's arguments get worse, things come to a head when Gabby starts packing her bags. Saddened by what's going on, will Taylor tell his mum the truth about Phil?

http://i2.cdnds.net/10/41/550w_soaps_blog_171010_6.jpg

alan45
21-10-2010, 17:06
Glamour girl Mitzeee caused a stir from the very beginning when she turned up in Hollyoaks back in July, turning heads among the village's male population before quickly causing chaos for the Costello clan. Since her vengeful attempts to split up Heidi and Carl failed earlier in the year, Mitzeee seems to have been keeping a lower profile - but she's about to return to the forefront of the show with a major role in this year's series of Hollyoaks Later. At a recent Hollyoaks press event in London, Mitzeee's portrayer Rachel Shenton chatted about what's in store for the outrageous model.

What kind of a reaction have you received since Mitzeee first appeared on screen?
"I've been really, really pleased. I've had such a positive reaction to the role, which I was a little bit shocked about! I wasn't quite sure how people would take her, because I thought she'd be a Marmite kind of character where you either love her or you hate her! But everyone's reactions have been so lovely, and people seem to like her! I'm really grateful for the reactions I've received from the Hollyoaks fans."

Mitzeee features quite heavily in this year's Hollyoaks Later - what can you tell us about the new series?
"It's five hour-long episodes that span the course of one day - a day and a night. Lots of weird and wonderful things happen in it! It's airing from October 25, but you'll just have to watch it!"

Have you enjoyed all the work you've been doing with the Costello family?
"Yes, they're great to work with. I know that's such a cliché, but everyone really is great to work with because we all started at the same time. We were all in the same boat - all a bit nervous when we first started because we didn't really know anybody, so we kind of stuck together. It's fantastic to work with them."

Are you surprised at how quickly Heidi seems to have forgiven and forgotten when it comes to Mitzeee and Carl?
"Well, I don't know whether she has forgiven Mitzeee. I think it's more that she forgave Carl because she loves him, and so she did slightly have to forgive and forget with Mitzeee. I think that's what it was, really - Heidi's just desperate to keep the family together!"

Will we see Mitzeee get involved in Jasmine's storyline as it moves forward?
"I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say! But Mitzeee and Jasmine do come into contact when it comes to the storyline…"

Where do you see Mitzeee's character going in the long-term?
"I think that in Hollyoaks Later, the audience will see a different side to Mitzeee - a side that will make them think that she's a real person. I mean, obviously she is a real person and nobody is one-dimensional, but I think you'll see that a lot more clearly in the late-night episodes."

It was a real surprise for the viewers when we saw Mitzeee at home for the first time - away from her glamorous image…
"Yes - the viewers saw that she's just a normal girl! I think that in the late-night episodes from October 25, you will definitely see more of that side of her. And I hope that at some points you'll actually feel a little bit sorry for her. I think that, so far, that's an emotion that you don't really feel very often when it comes to Mitzeee!"

What's Hollyoaks' producer Paul Marquess like to work with?
"Paul is great. He has a very hectic schedule so we don't get to see him very often - we don't just pop in for a chat, because he's a very busy man! But everything that he's done for the show has just been so positive. The new titles are on, the ratings have gone up and it's all just really, really good. I think that Paul has got some great ideas."

Is there anyone in particular who you enjoy filming scenes with?
"I love working with Paul Opacic, who plays Carl Costello. The relationship between Mitzeee and Carl is a really interesting one, so the scenes are always good fun to play, so he's great to work with. Kim Tiddy, who plays Heidi, is also great to work with - again because her relationship with Mitzeee is so good to play. Mitzeee is just such a fun character, so I think that with everyone she meets, each person takes her differently - and that's what I really like. For example, in the late-night episodes I worked a lot with Jess Fox, who plays Nancy - and that was great because they're literally like chalk and cheese, but strangely enough it seemed to work!"

Will we see Mitzeee continuing with her glamour career and all the promotional events?
"I hope so - that's her job, so that's what she'll have to do! She is a glamour model - but she's actually a struggling glamour model, even though she wouldn't admit that herself! But I think that the main thing I'd like is for the viewers to see what Mitzeee is really like - because I don't think she is the person that she portrays at all. But I also think that's there's a lot more fun to be had with her before she starts getting dull!"

Are you hoping to stay in the show for a while?
"I certainly hope so! I feel like I've only just started, so I hope that Mitzeee will stay around for a little while - and I hope that she can cause more trouble!"

alan45
22-10-2010, 17:29
Former Hollyoaks star Zoë Lister has insisted that she has no regrets over her decision to quit the soap.

The actress departed her role as Zoe Carpenter late last year, and her character's final episode was screened in January.

Lister is currently appearing in a touring production of the John Godber play Teechers, which focuses on three students and their experiences at secondary school.

Speaking to the Derby Telegraph about moving on from the world of soap, Lister explained: "I could have stayed for years and years and enjoyed a comfortable existence, but I wanted to explore new things.

"It felt it was time to go so I just ran with my instincts. Looking back, I was nervous but now I know I've done the right thing. I love theatre work. It gives me such a buzz."

She continued: "[Hollyoaks] was the break I'd been praying for. I threw myself into the part and enjoyed every minute of it. I had three superb years and it was brilliant. I know being on Hollyoaks helped me to get this part in Teechers. I am eternally grateful for the chance I was given and that's why I give everything I do 100%."

Teechers will continue to tour the UK until December.

Perdita
04-11-2010, 10:21
Hollyoaks star Sheree Murphy has admitted that her young son Taylor gets embarrassed when he watches her character's kissing scenes.

Since arriving in the village earlier this year, Murphy's outrageous alter ego Eva Strong has caused a stir by embarking on a secret relationship with her daughter's adoptive brother Ravi Roy and locking lips with teenager Duncan Button.

Speaking to The Mirror, Murphy confessed: "Whenever there are any love scenes, my 9-year-old Taylor cringes and says, 'I'm going to tell dad!' He's so embarrassed!"

She continued: "One of Eva's relationships was with a 16-year-old and although the actor was 22, I felt like an old nana. I couldn't imagine dating a younger man. I wouldn't be able to take my clothes off in front of them for a start! Nothing looks the same. I'm very happily married, anyway."

Murphy is currently taking a break from Hollyoaks, meaning that Eva will depart screens later this month. However, the character is expected to make a comeback next year.

Discussing her return to acting, the 35-year-old said: "I'm enjoying working and earning money. Not being in Hollyoaks all the time suits me. It's worked out perfectly."

Along with Taylor, Murphy and her footballer husband Harry Kewell are parents to 7-year-old Ruby and 2-year-old Matilda.

alan45
08-11-2010, 17:25
Hollyoaks star Jennifer Metcalfe will reportedly take part in the new series of Dancing On Ice.

According to The Sun, the 27-year-old, who plays Mercedes McQueen in the Channel 4 soap, was photographed training at a rink in Manchester.

Metcalfe had been widely rumoured to take part in the current series of Strictly Come Dancing.

"Jen is a natural," a source told the paper. "She's doing really well and can't wait for the show. It makes up for missing out on Strictly."

Previous Hollyoaks stars to compete in the ITV skating competition include Kieron Richardson and Chris Fountain.

alan45
23-11-2010, 18:07
Hollyoaks star Anthony Quinlan has hinted that Tom Cunningham could be at the centre of a custody battle in a forthcoming storyline.

Tom's guardian Steph Roach died in the soap's Il Gnosh blaze earlier this month, leaving the youngster's future uncertain as Quinlan's character Gilly and the rest of Steph's loved ones struggle to cope with her passing.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Quinlan admitted: "Everyone keeps asking me if Gilly's going to be the one to look after Tom.

"It's not a foregone conclusion, though, and there are going to be a few twists and turns where his custody is concerned. There could be quite a battle ahead!"

Last month, Tom's half-sister Mandy (Sarah Jayne Dunn) arrived back in the village and tension developed when she told Steph's mother Frankie (Helen Pearson) that she wanted to start taking care of him.

Since then, however, Mandy has been caught up in the drama of Warren Fox's (Jamie Lomas) return and her intentions as far as Tom is concerned are currently unclear.

alan45
11-12-2010, 00:50
Jacqui McQueen takes centre stage in Hollyoaks next week as she faces a traumatic time in late-night special 'King of Hearts'. With Kathleen's demands for cash leaving her family in crisis, Jacqui recruits boyfriend Rhys to help raise the funds by scamming dangerous Danny Houston in a poker game. However, when Danny discovers the hapless plot, things get much worse for the pair as he orders them to repay the debt and more, leading to some sinister threats and terrible danger... Claire Cooper, who plays Jacqui, recently spoke to DS about the special episode.

When did you first hear that you'd be at the centre of this Hollyoaks special?
"We heard about it a few months ago and I was really excited but I didn't know what my involvement would be at first. As the weeks and months progressed, I heard that I would be quite heavily featured in it, but I still didn't know how much until I got the script. Normally in a script we get about 40 lines or 60 on a good day, but I had 147 lines! That's quite a lot for an episode, so I was really chuffed and felt very flattered and privileged to be given the opportunity to do so much."

Kathleen's return sparks the whole storyline - how does Jacqui feel about her being back?
"She hates her with a passion - her worst enemy ever has been dragged back! It's funny and comedic at times, but then it can get deadly serious. Kathleen's threatening to reveal the truth about Theresa being Calvin's killer and the McQueens covering it up - unless the family pay her £2,000. Jacqui just can't understand why she would do that - it's pure evil. It gets a lot more serious then and it just escalates. But Kathleen is such an interesting character and I think the audience will also see a different side to her in this late-night episode."

How does Jacqui get involved in the situation back at home?
"Jacqui, yet again, is left to pick up the pieces - the family all rely on her. Jacqui didn't even know that Kathleen was back - it's Myra that comes round even though she's still not on good terms with Jacqui, asking if she can come and sort it out. Jacqui will have to sort it out because she doesn't want to go down for it, but there's another part of her that can't help but help her family. She's very loyal - she's probably the most loyal one out of all of them, along with Myra."

Trying to scam Danny Houston is a very risky move - why do Jacqui and Rhys make such a bold decision?
"It's pure desperation. At the end of the day, if she doesn't get this two grand, they're all going down because Kathleen will definitely follow through with her threats. There's a scene with Jacqui and Cheryl where Jacqui says that she's very good at poker - she's quite confident in the game but she wants to fix it as well. But then they say it's a men-only game, so she's screwed then and she makes Rhys play instead, which is definitely a big risk!"

Danny also offers to wipe the debt clean in return for one night with Jacqui. How does Jacqui react to his indecent proposal?
"When he makes it, Rhys is being hung from a great height by Danny and his heavies - but there are witnesses around. Jacqui's a bright girl so she thinks, 'You know what? I'm going to call his bluff'. She doesn't want to sleep with him and also she knows he's not going to drop Rhys in front of so many people. So when he says it, she considers her options, weighs them up and says he could be the last man on earth and she wouldn't sleep with him!"

What happens next?
"Time ticks on and it gets a lot worse. Then she's thinking about her family, she's thinking about Rhys and she considers just putting herself on the line. It's quite admirable, but Rhys doesn't see it in that way - he sees Jacqui as his girlfriend who he adores and he doesn't want her to do something like that. Jacqui says that she can just see it as sex, but it causes a bit of an argument between them."

As the crisis comes to a head, Jacqui is held at knifepoint by Danny - can you tell us about that scene?
"Danny wants Jacqui to strip but she refuses, so he sends all these horrible heavies out of the room. She's not scared of him, but then he pulls out a knife. That changes the situation - the dynamic changes immediately. He could do something really horrible to her - it's not necessarily about killing someone, he could slash her face or anything. In a situation like that, your mind plays tricks as you wonder what someone could do to you, so when I was playing it, I wanted to show how horrendous it was for Jacqui. She wonders whether she could die like this - all to protect her family…"

How does working on a late-night episode like this compare to filming an ordinary episode of Hollyoaks?
"Well, we get so used to the everyday ones, it's almost like we're taken out of our comfort zones. It's exciting. You can take it a bit further - there's a few swear words and we can do more things, as people will see in this episode. At 6.30pm, we have to be so careful because of compliance and things sometimes get cut out. With this, we get to tell a story in more detail and sometimes a bit more true to form - showing how people do respond, as obviously we can't show too much at 6.30pm! It's nice to have that freedom and the opportunity to play with it."

Is more time spent on a late-night episode like this, or is it still a similar schedule?
"Well, it's an hour-long episode so it took slightly longer, but the scheduling works exactly the same. We're on a tight ship here and we have a lot to do - especially as I was about to go on holiday to America when we were filming it! I was doing long days and was very grateful that they allowed me to get to America in the end!"

Did you film any scenes with Donna Air, who guests as a glamorous drugs runner in the episode?
"I didn't have any, unfortunately! But we did get to have a good chat and she's absolutely lovely. It was a pleasure to have her on board."

What's it been like to work with Darren Day, who plays Danny?
"He's been a pleasure to work with. You can sometimes have preconceptions about people because of newspapers and things like that, but I generally try not to read things like that and use my own judgement by taking people on their own merit. He's a fantastic actor and he's not what people think he's like. I've thoroughly enjoyed working with him and I wish he could be here more. He's a great asset to Hollyoaks. I think people give him a hard time and I just hope this is a fresh start for him because he's a very good actor and he deserves to be out there."

Perdita
11-12-2010, 06:36
Jacqui McQueen has returned to the forefront of Hollyoaks this year - and judging by some of the comments from fans on the DS forums and Twitter, it's been one of the most popular decisions made by new producer Paul Marquess.

Jacqui's new romance with Rhys, rivalry with Bart and rocky relationship with the rest of her family have all made for some exciting and interesting scenes over the past few months - and as always, the fantastic Claire Cooper has been a joy to watch.

I recently interviewed Claire about Jacqui's role in Hollyoaks' upcoming late-night special 'King of Hearts' - and you can read the main chat by clicking here.

Read on, however, for loads more Hollyoaks chat from the star…

Rhys and Jacqui's relationship is proving really popular with Hollyoaks fans - are you enjoying it and are you pleased with the reaction?
"Yes, definitely! We were just talking about this on set. When the relationship first started, we didn't know how they were going to gel and how it was going to work, because people were such fans of Jacqui and Tony. Some people still ask me if those two are going to get back together, but people are really taken with Rhys and Jacqui and it's really good to play. I love working with Andy and he brings so much to the set every day - his energy is fantastic. We have good banter and he understands how I like to work, and I try to understand how he likes to work. It's a nice collaboration and we try to make it funny, emotional, hard-hitting, three-dimensional and as interesting for the audience as possible."

Ste and Brendan have been christened 'Stendan' and on Twitter recently you were looking for an official name for Jacqui and Rhys - has one been chosen yet?
"We had Ja-Rhys - a bit like Ja Rule - and we had Racqui! It'll be interesting to see what people want to call us! I quite like Ja-Rhys because it's a bit like a rude girl sort of thing! We've had quite a few suggestions!"

What's the atmosphere like at work now that Hollyoaks is back on form and receiving a lot more praise?
"It's lovely for us all to be back up there again. Everyone is working incredibly hard - the producers are working non-stop doing crazy hours, and so are the writers and actors. We're really pulling it together because we want to be up there. We have been up there before and we are again now - I think we're really pulling it out of the bag. We've got some great actors and I think we're offering the audience something really exciting."

Jacqui has featured in the show a lot more since Paul has taken over, hasn't she?
"She has! When Paul came in, nobody knew what he was going to do, but he seemed to like what I did and he's worked on it and developed it. Paul has really taken me under his wing, he's worked me so hard and he's given me opportunities that I could only have dreamt of. I think that Jacqui's one of those characters who, if she isn't on screen for a while, it takes the audience time to warm to her again. But when they do, they find her funny, they find her interesting and I try to give them as much as I can. I try to tame Claire back because I'm a really emotional, sensitive person and very different from Jacqui, so I do work hard and I feel very privileged."

The issue between Jacqui, Myra and Bart is still ongoing - will there be any resolution there?
"I think there'll be something that will happen, but the audience will have to wait and see! Things have to pass in some way or form, and they do. But only until the next time! Something else always happens with the McQueens! Jacqui absolutely adores her family. She might not adore Bart, but she adores the rest of them and would do anything to protect them. Myra knows this and that's why she always comes back to Jacqui for help."

Have you enjoyed working with Jonny Clarke, who plays Bart?
"Oh, Jonny's lovely! He's such a sweetheart and we have so much fun. I do have to throw him about a lot - when you see it on screen it's just for a minute, but when it's take after take, it feels like it's all day long! The poor lad - I've scratched him and my rings have got on his face and all sorts. I keep saying, 'Are you alright?' and he says, 'Yeah, yeah, it's fine!' He goes home bruised and battered!"

Where does Jacqui go from here?
"There's going to be something really exciting in the New Year, but I can't say anything about it. But it's going to be very exciting and I hope the audience will be hooked. There's also lots of good stories coming up for the other characters from the bits and pieces that I'm hearing. The place is buzzing and I think people need to keep their eyes on Hollyoaks because it's going to be a fantastic year."

Away from Hollyoaks, you run a designer dress hire boutique called The Closet with Jennifer Metcalfe and Leah Hackett - how it's all going?
"Oh, just brilliant! We've just launched a new website and I'm so excited. It's going really, really well - we recently dressed Deniece Williams for the MOBOs in two of our dresses. The business is based in Liverpool but we want to be a website company so our new site shows the exact measurements of each dress, so if someone's in Scotland or in London they can take down the measurements, measure themselves and they'll know whether the dress is going to fit. We don't want the website to be about us, we want it to be about the dresses - it's about people getting fabulous dresses worth thousands of pounds for £100 a night, or whatever it is for that particular dress. I think it's the way forward, to be honest, as you only wear dresses once or twice and it's such a waste. It's hard work and it's all hands on deck, but we're all really enjoying it."

alan45
09-01-2011, 20:09
Interview with Guy Burnet

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/interviews/a296811/guy-burnet.html

Perdita
27-03-2011, 14:04
Hollyoaks star Gemma Merna has revealed that she recently found a suspicious lump hidden behind one of her breast implants.

The actress, who plays Carmel Valentine in the Channel 4 soap, told the News of the World that she'd always worried that her implants may hide a lump and so went for a check-up straight away.

"I do check my breasts regularly. But I'd always worried that because of my implants I wouldn't be able to find any lumps that may be there. And the one I did find was just under my implant. I was getting my make-up done at Hollyoaks when I noticed a tender area under my left armpit. So I just felt the area and found a lump.

"It was only quite small but I was scared. I was worried it had been there for ages. That was really terrifying, knowing something could be growing but hidden because of the implants. I did panic but I put the word cancer to the back of my mind.

"I wasn't daft, I knew I had to get it checked out straight away. I saw my GP that day. He said he needed a second opinion and got me an appointment at Ormskirk and District General Hospital within a week. It was very fast. That's when the fear set in."

Merna, who is currently planning her wedding to fiancé Ian Minton, added that the lump turned out to be benign tissue but stressed the importance of young girls checking their breasts regularly.

The soap star recently admitted that she is "freaked out" by the strange fan mail she receives.

DS

Perdita
17-05-2011, 11:52
Bronagh Waugh has revealed that she would like Hollyoaks bosses to explore the past of her character Cheryl Brady.

Speaking to Digital Spy on the red carpet at the British Soap Awards, the actress admitted that she is keen to learn more about what makes her alter ego tick.

Waugh explained: "I would love that - I'm really, really crying out for my own storyline. I've been there for two years now and I'm always getting lots of great stuff to do, but it's always kind of in the background of other people's stories.

"I've come up with a few ideas and I've spoken to producers, so hopefully they'll find something for me, because I'd really like to find out what her background is because I think it's quite interesting why she is the person that she is.

"There might be a few secrets in there, so I think that would be really interesting to explore - why her and Brendan are the way they are. Is it something to do with their family or their dad?"

Asked whether Cheryl can forgive Brendan following her recent discoveries about him, she replied: "Oh, I hope so. It's her brother and the two of them have this beautiful connection in which they're always linked, so I think she will forgive him.

"It's not about him being gay why she's upset - she's upset about all the lies. And I think he's going to work really hard to make it up to her, so fingers crossed it'll be on the up because they make a great team - they're very strong when they work together, so hopefully they'll work things out."

alan45
31-05-2011, 07:17
Many soapland actresses have a tendency to be rather glamorous, particularly those who appear in Hollyoaks.

Okay, so Jacqui McQueen may lack a little sartorial elegance, but Claire Cooper, who plays her, is far more glamorous in real life than her on-screen alter ego.

"I'd describe Jacqui's style as hideous!" the actress told Inside Soap. "My look has changed over the years, but now I know what I like and what suits my body shape. I've got quite an athletic figure and don't have very big boobs, so I go for something that flatters me and might add a little curve."

Meanwhile, Jennifer Metcalfe admits she had liposuction last year because she didn't like the size or shape of her hips.

Defending the move, she said: "I think surgery is a really personal decision that only you can make. If there's something on your body you really don't like, it doesn't matter if your mother doesn't see it or your boyfriend doesn't see it - it's what you feel comfortable with."

Perdita
03-06-2011, 13:53
Hollyoaks star Kieron Richardson has agreed to become a patron of the Manchester Pride festival.

The 25-year-old's new commitment will see him represent the festival throughout the year, including during its ten-day programme of arts, music and cultural events which take place in August.

Manchester Pride is an annual Gay Pride celebration which attracts thousands of spectators and centres around a 72-hour party on the August bank holiday weekend each year.

Discussing his appointment, Richardson told the festival's official website: "I am honoured to have been asked to get involved. Being a Manchester lad, it's exciting to be involved in something so central to Manchester's culture.

"I hope I can bring something fun, fresh and exciting to the table and I look forward to working with fellow patrons Antony [Cotton] and Christopher [Biggins]."

The actor revealed that he is gay in a TV interview last year, shortly before viewers saw his Hollyoaks character Ste Hay embark on a turbulent relationship with boss Brendan Brady (Emmett Scanlan).

Speaking of Richardson's new role, Manchester Pride's festival director Jackie Crozier added: "The patrons play an important part in the success of Manchester Pride - helping to promote the cause and act as figureheads for our charity work.

"We are delighted to be welcoming Kieron on board. As a young gay man playing a gay role in a national soap, he has helped to raise awareness of the issues facing the LGBT community."

Perdita
19-09-2011, 14:55
Hollyoaks actress Jorgie Porter has opened up over her romance with co-star James Atherton for the first time.

The pair are currently an item both on and off screen as their characters Theresa McQueen and Will Savage recently embarked on a relationship, while they are also dating in real life.

Porter told Gossip Monthly: "Me and James have been dating a while and it is the first time I have dated a co-star. I've never actually admitted that we have been going out!

"Things are going really well and he is a great guy, I can't shut up about him! It is a little weird working with him on set. We will be doing a scene and then afterwards it is like, 'So do you want to hang out after this?'

"I don't know if I'd get jealous of him kissing another co-star for work - I've never seen him do it yet. I'd like to say no because it is work, but when it happens I'll probably go mad!"

© Lime Pictures

Pictured: Jorgie Porter and James Atherton as Theresa and Will in Hollyoaks.

Porter also insisted that she currently has no plans to bow out from her Hollyoaks role.

"At the moment I am really happy at Hollyoaks," she said. "It makes me laugh and keeps me happy and I don't want to leave that."

alan45
19-09-2011, 15:50
© Lime Pictures

Pictured: Jorgie Porter and James Atherton as Theresa and Will in Hollyoaks.

Here is the missing picture

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/31/soaps_hoaks_3149_02_550tw.jpg

Perdita
10-11-2011, 12:06
Former Hollyoaks and Holby City star Barry Sloane has landed a role in upcoming thriller movie Penthouse North.

The actor will appear alongside Michelle Monaghan and Michael Keaton in the film, which tells the story of a criminal who is trying to retrieve some stolen diamonds hidden in the apartment of a blind photojournalist.

Sloane will portray the part of Chad, the accomplice of the criminal, Variety reports. As part of the plan to secure the diamonds, Chad pretends to be a helpful stranger in order to garner information from the apartment's resident, played by Monaghan.

When Chad's attempts prove fruitless, his own life is put in danger as he is forced to call his twisted partner in crime (Keaton) for help.

Sloane departed the cast of Hollyoaks in late 2008 after nearly a year in the role of villain Niall Rafferty. More recently, he was seen playing Kieran Callaghan in Holby City.

The 30-year-old is currently starring in Jerusalem in the West End.

Penthouse North will begin filming in Ottawa next month.

alan45
01-02-2012, 23:55
© Lime Pictures
Gemma Merna has announced that she will be getting married to long-time fiancé Ian Minton in May.

The Hollyoaks actress has been engaged to businessman Minton for three years, and the pair will tie the knot in a Merseyside ceremony, reports the Daily Mail.

Merna's Hollyoaks co-stars and on-screen family Jennifer Metcalfe, Jorgie Porter and Nicole Barber-Lane will be bridesmaids.

Sam and Billie Faiers, Sheree Murphy, Liverpool footballer Brad Jones and his partner Dani Lawrence will also attend, along with several other Hollyoaks stars.

She reportedly told her friends: "'I am so excited, we have been planning our special day for the past six months and can't wait to enjoy it with all of our friends and family."

Merna later confirmed the news on Twitter, saying: "Hey guys we've set a date," before thanking her followers for their congratulatory messages.

The pair became engaged in 2009 after Minton proposed during a trip to the Maldives.

gonza123
06-09-2013, 01:58
Can someone tell me what was the song played at the beginning and the end on #Hollyoaks 4th Sep 2013?
I'm talking about the song at the beginning in the moment after Browning shot Myra, and when he's attacking Mercedes. At the beginnign it starts with violin and then there's a choir, It's very dramatic.