PDA

View Full Version : Eastenders General News Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bryan
02-04-2009, 18:52
A news thread for all general peices of news regarding the show and the cast. I.e Digitial Spy news reports etc.

For big news stories, please feel free to set up a thread of it's own.

Perdita
04-04-2009, 07:18
Rex Features
Former EastEnders actress Louisa Lytton has been linked to the next movie in the American Pie franchise.

The Daily Mail reports that Lytton, who played Ruby in the BBC One soap, will take on the role of an English woman called Imogen in American Pie: Book Of Love.

The part would mark the first big screen outing for the 20-year-old, who took part in Strictly Come Dancing in 2006 and most recently appeared as PC Beth Green in The Bill.

A report in January said that a fourth cinematic release in the movie's franchise had been proposed. It is understood that American Pie 4 will focus on the characters of Jim and Michelle following their wedding.

As well as sequels American Pie 2 and American Wedding, a trio of straight-to-DVD spinoffs have also been released.

Anybody suffering from withdrawal sympton because she is not on tv at the moment will be pleaed about this. :lol:

Chris_2k11
04-04-2009, 16:35
Emma Barton has revealed that she is willing to make a return to EastEnders.

The actress made her debut as Honey Mitchell on the BBC One soap in 2005, but was axed last year after producers decided that the character had "come to the end of her storyline".

Barton is currently appearing as Roxie Hart in a touring production of the musical Chicago and hopes to land further TV roles once she completes the run.

Speaking to the Daily Record, she explained: "There's no immediate plans for me to return to EastEnders and I'm off doing my own thing.

"But who knows? Honey could have walked from the Square for good or she could be back on screen two years down the line.

"I'd love to do something totally different on TV like a period drama, but if I did go back to soap acting, then it would have to be with EastEnders. I just couldn't go anywhere else."

Barton admitted that she was "gutted" to be axed last year. She later claimed that producers had made the decision too hastily.

Chloe O'brien
04-04-2009, 23:48
Another ex EE member doing their Yosser Hughes "Gies a Job" impression no offence to Emma but her character was lame and limp and the viewers don't want that. It doesn't matter what soap or drama the public watch the character has to make an impression and cause a reaction that is why Nick Cotton is one of EE best loved characters he has the viewers talking on the bus or tube in the morning on the way to work.

Perdita
07-04-2009, 07:42
I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here winner Joe Swash has hinted that he might return to EastEnders at some stage in the future.

Speaking at last night's Digital Spy Reality TV Awards - where he picked up gongs for favourite winner and favourite celebrity contestant - the actor admitted that he would "never say never" to revisiting Albert Square.

"I don't think [I'll be back] anytime shortly, but I would never say never because you never know what's round the corner. At the moment, I'm going to try and do a couple of things of my own, but in a couple of years - three or four years - who knows? They might not even want me back!" he explained.

Swash, who played Mickey Miller in the BBC One soap, added that he still watched the show, saying: "I was a big fan of EastEnders before I was even in it, and it's better now because I don't know any of the storylines!"

tammyy2j
07-04-2009, 16:15
EASTENDERS bosses have finally found a hunky replacement for heart-throb Rob Kazinsky.

Adam Croasdell will set pulses racing as Albert Square’s new medic Al Jenkins.

And he’s not the only sexy fella heading to Walford.

Hollywood actor Danny Dyer is also in talks to join the show.

EastEnders has been on the hunt for new male stars after it lost Rob, 24, who played Sean Slater, last year.

Now they are thrilled Adam, 28, who has starred in Peak Practice and Holby, has put pen to paper.

And he is set to become a potential love interest for Tanya Branning (Jo Joyner, 31).

The source said: “Adam is a fantastic signing for us. I reckon there will be quite a few women who will need to pop down to his

surgery!” Boss Diederick Santer, 39, recently admitted the soap needed a “new Wicksy-style charmer”.

Meanwhile, 31-year-old Danny confirmed he is in talks with the show’s top brass.

He said: “I love the show and we have had a few meetings. Ideally I’d love to play against type and not always be the hard man, but it’s all down to how they see you.”

Perdita
09-04-2009, 17:37
Former EastEnders actress Michelle Ryan has described her stint with the BBC soap as a "great foundation" but reaffirmed that she has no plans to return.

The 24-year-old, who played the role of Zoe Slater for five years, quit the Walford-based soap in 2005 'out of boredom'.

It was recently reported that Ryan's screen mother Jessie Wallace (Kat Slater) is eyeing up a potential return to Albert Square, while earlier this week, producers announced that Danniella Westbrook is to make a shock comeback to the soap in the summer as Sam Mitchell.

Patsy Palmer (Bianca Jackson), Sid Owen (Ricky Butcher) and Charlie Brooks (Janine Butcher) have also made returns to the programme over the last year.

However, despite the influx of past characters returning to the show, Ryan is adamant that she won't make a comeback herself.

Speaking on The Paul O'Grady Show last night, Ryan said: "I wouldn't go back. I've had so much fun since, it's nice to go to work and do stunts. It's great to do EastEnders and [it was] a great foundation, a great apprenticeship, but to go in and cry all the time…"

She added: "I don't mind a little bit of that but it's nice to do something different."

Since EastEnders, her TV credits have included Jekyll, the now-axed US remake of The Bionic Woman and a short stint on BBC fantasy drama Merlin. She also appears in the Doctor Who Easter special Planet of the Dead this Saturday.

Last year, John Yorke - controller of continuing drama series and head of independent drama at the BBC - warned against relying on old characters in soapland.

Makes a change for somebody not to want to come back :)

Chloe O'brien
09-04-2009, 21:03
i'll give Joe Swash 6 months before he says he would like a return to EE.

Perdita
10-04-2009, 06:42

He already has (post no.5 ^^^) :)

Chloe O'brien
10-04-2009, 23:28

He already has (post no.5 ^^^) :)

Yeah but he is saying at some stage in the future as he thinks he is going to get loads of work offers. He is doing a Moses (in de-nile) come Autumn he will be back suggesting the Millers return to EE because he will be skint.

Perdita
12-04-2009, 06:40
EastEnders star Samantha Janus has admitted that she felt anxious after hearing that Danielle would be killed off.

The actress, who plays Ronnie Mitchell on the BBC One soap, expected a backlash from fans who were hoping for a happy ending to Danielle's (Lauren Crace) seven-month storyline.

Danielle was killed in a car accident last week, just moments after telling Ronnie that she was her daughter.

Speaking about her concerns in an interview with We Love Telly! magazine, Janus explained: "I wasn't sure how the audience would react. I thought if everyone was expecting a happy ending they'd be angry. But I still think it had a lot of impact."

In recent days, thousands of fans have signed an online petition to express their unhappiness over the plot's conclusion.

However, the soap's executive producer Diederick Santer has defended the twist, claiming that it was an "inevitable" storyline move.

Perdita
17-04-2009, 16:12
EastEnders veteran June Brown has hinted that John Bardon is to make a return to the soap in June as her screen husband Jim Branning.

The 82-year-old BAFTA nominee, who plays Walford's Dot Branning, yesterday spoke of her Bardon's ongoing improvement since his stroke in June 2007.

She told The Mirror: "John is coming back in June and he is improving all the time. You just keep all your fingers crossed that Jim will be back. He won’t be grumpy and he will talk as much as he can."

Bardon has since filmed three brief appearances as Jim, who has also suffered a stroke in the soap's storylines. Jim first returned to the Square for his birthday on August 11. On December 4, his son Jack (Scott Maslen) paid him a visit in the care home and later that month, he surprised Dot by turning up on her doorstep on Christmas Day.

Speaking of Bardon's potential return, executive producer Diederick Santer yesterday told DS: "I saw John last week and he's in good form. He's keen to come back and we just have to work around him to make sure that he's comfortable when he's here."

He added: "All things being equal, we'll definitely be seeing him again in the show before too long."

:cheer:

Perdita
18-04-2009, 07:26
EastEnders actress June Brown has joked that she is now wary of award statues after one of her old trophies nearly flattened her.

Last month, the 82-year-old was given a BAFTA nod for her groundbreaking single-hander episode of the Walford soap.

The 27-minute monologue saw her chain-smoking character Dot Branning record an audio message as part of a compilation for husband Jim Branning, who had suffered a stroke like John Bardon, the actor who plays him.

Speaking of how she learned of her BAFTA nomination, Brown told The Mirror: "Diederick Santer, our guv'nor, rang me up quite early in the morning, so I wasn’t best pleased because he woke me up. But it was nice of him.

"I don't believe anything is going to happen until it does, until you see your name on paper or it actually happens and you have something in your hand. So I don't get too excited.

She joked: "I have got quite a few awards already in the garage, one of them nearly flattened me. It fell off the cupboard and made a dent in the floor. So we are quite wary of awards, because they are heavy things."

She added: "The cast have been lovely. Everyone is almost more pleased than I am because I'm a grumpy old thing really."

Brown is the first soap actress to receive a BAFTA nomination since Coronation Street legend Jean Alexander for her portrayal of Hilda Ogden in 1989.

EastEnders is also nominated for best continuing drama at the ceremony, which takes place on April 26.

tammyy2j
19-04-2009, 20:50
Danny Dyer turned down a starring role in a British soap opera - because he was terrified of the huge amount of publicity the show receives.

The movie tough-guy was approached to appear in hit U.K. show EastEnders, which chronicles life in London.

But Dyer rejected the role, which was devised with him in mind - because the series' stars regularly make headline news in Britain.

He says, "I met John Yorke, controller of drama production. He asked if I would be willing to go in and shake up a few of the characters.

"He said they would write a synopsis and then take me out to dinner and anything I wanted to change, I could change, which gives me a bit of power.

"I quite like the idea of it. But actually, in reality, I just got cold feet. Just from having a meeting it's all over the newspapers and it gave me the horrors. Imagine if I went in it.

"With the EastEnders thing the whole publicity gets out of hand. It's like a whole new beast. It's not something I fancy. I don't want to write if off totally but at this point in my career I think it would be madness."

megan999
28-04-2009, 17:28
BARBARA Windsor has revealed she’s like to jump ship to join the Corrie cobbles.

The EastEnders actress said she’d like a stint on the rival soap because it would add to her list of achievements.
The 71-year-old said: "I kind of have worked with most people I'd want to.
"I suppose I wouldn't mind having a go in Coronation Street for a bit, you know, see how they do it."
The Carry On star arrived in Albert Square as tough Peggy Mitchell in 1994.

SOURCE: The Sun Online

Chris_2k11
28-04-2009, 17:49
I look forward to alan's reply haha!

Chloe O'brien
28-04-2009, 23:31
BARBARA Windsor has revealed she’s like to jump ship to join the Corrie cobbles.

The EastEnders actress said she’d like a stint on the rival soap because it would add to her list of achievements.
"I suppose I wouldn't mind having a go in Coronation Street for a bit, you know, see how they do it."

No way is the poison dwarf getting to join corrie, if they give her a role they will have half of the ex cast following her.

Siobhan
29-04-2009, 09:11

I can't wait for that

Perdita
29-04-2009, 11:47

I can't wait for that

Same here :lol: I hope that she is staying down south though, I would not like to see her in Corrie :nono:

Perdita
29-04-2009, 12:25
Former EastEnders actor Tom Watt will make a guest appearance in an episode of Doctors alongside familiar soap face Sue Jenkins.

The 53-year-old, who played the role of Lofty Holloway between 1985 and 1987, takes on the role of idle layabout Ray MacGyver, while Jenkins portrays his terminally ill screen wife Brenda.

Ray, who happily spends more time at the local watering hole or in the local police cell than with his family at their home on the local caravan park, knows his wife is ill, but is unaware of the true extent of her illness.

Meanwhile, both Ray and Brenda are forced to deal with the news that their wayward daughter Carly - played by Sue Jenkins' real-life daughter Emily Fleeshman - is pregnant by the local wannabe gangster.

Producer Fiona Pandelus said: "'The MacGyvers' is a brilliantly told story about a ramshackle family confronting very real issues of separation and loss. Capturing both the humour and the uncertainties of these characters is no mean feat and so we're absolutely thrilled to have such a superb cast in Tom Watt, Sue Jenkins and her real-life daughter Emily Fleeshman."

She added: "Together they bring the perfect blend of comedy and emotion to this cracking story by Paul Matthew Thompson - stand by to laugh and cry!"

Jenkins has previously appeared as barmaid Gloria Todd in Coronation Street, Jackie Corkhill in Brookside and Emmerdale's Bonnie Drinkwater. She previously appeared in two episodes of Doctors, titled ''Without You'' and 'If You Don't Know Me By Now'.

The episode, entitled 'The MacGyvers', was filmed earlier this month and is due to transmit on Thursday, July 30 on BBC One.

Perdita
29-04-2009, 12:38
EastEnders actress Nina Wadia has revealed that her character was intended as Albert Square's new Pauline Fowler.

The 40-year-old, who joined the show as Walford's tough-talking Zainab Masood in May 2007, recently explained how her character was earmarked as the BBC soap's new matriarch from the outset.

She told the Daily Record: "That was in my brief on my first day: Zainab is the Pauline Fowler of the Square."

She added: "I felt they were big shoes to fill and I was very nervous of that description of her, but it's a huge compliment in a way."

In February, Wendy Richard, who played Pauline Fowler for 21 years, passed away after losing her battle with cancer.

Perdita
30-04-2009, 06:09
NEW Enders hunk Adam Croasdell said he's feeling the pressure to fill in where Rob Kazinsky left off as the soap's new heartthrob.
The actor, who has previously appeared in Heartbeat and Smack The Pony, said following the Square's former lothario Sean Slater - played by Rob - is harder than it looks.

Adam, who plays Dr Al, gets a warm welcome from single mum Tanya Branning, who goes goo-goo whenever the dishy doc turns up in the Square.

And the actor is happy to take on Rob's duties.

Adam said: "Al is single and he likes to mingle!

"With the departure of Robert Kazinsky, I'm feeling the pressure if I've been hired to step into his shoes."

But the actor said he hopes his gorgeous GP character will have some meaty storylines as well as racy ones to get stuck into.

Adam said: "You hope that your storylines are going to be a little bit more than for flesh-fodder, but it's all good."

Perdita
01-05-2009, 05:56
A NEIGHBOUR of EastEnders star Steve McFadden is pregnant with his baby, The Sun can reveal.

Mum-of-three Dr Rachel Green has left her surgeon husband for 50-year-old Steve — who plays Albert Square hardman Phil Mitchell.

The couple have been secretly dating for almost a year after meeting on the school run. Now Rachel is planning to set up home with him — in a plotline similar to one from the long-running BBC1 soap.

She is due to give birth to the actor’s fourth child in July.

A source said: “Steve and Rachel fell for each other last year.

“Steve had been single for a while but Rachel has been married for years. The pregnancy has been a bombshell for her family.

“Rachel has three young children, which has made the situation difficult for both families.

“She has been living between Steve’s house and her own for a few months now. They are trying to work out the best thing for their future with their kids.”

Steve lives a ten-minute walk from the brunette in East Finchley, North London, and they are often seen out together.

Rachel is separated from consultant urologist Dr James Green. Locals now refer to her as “Phil Mitchell’s missus”.

A neighbour said: “They act like a married couple and certainly don’t hide the fact they’re an item. She smiles occasionally to people round here but he keeps himself to himself.”

He added: “It’s a nice neighbourhood and a lot of kids live in the street. Steve sometimes takes a few to the park and playground at the end of the road.”

Just like his TV character, Steve has a complicated romantic past.

He has a son with childhood sweetheart Sue Marshall and two daughters with ex-girlfriend Angela Bostock. He also had a tempestuous affair with Albert Square co-star Lucy Benjamin, 38.

Rachel refused to comment yesterday. A spokesman for the actor said: “Steve is a very private man. He will not comment on his private life.

Perdita
02-05-2009, 16:05
EastEnders star Scott Maslen has confirmed that he is keen to stick with the show for as long as possible.

The actor, who plays Jack Branning on the BBC One soap, hinted that he would only quit Walford if there was a drop in the quality of his storylines.

Speaking to We Love Telly! magazine, Maslen explained: "I've got a good life, got a house, got everything in place, so I'm happy to be there as long as it stays good."

The star added that he is often disappointed by the behaviour of his alter-ego Jack, who is currently torn between sisters Ronnie (Samantha Janus) and Roxy (Rita Simons).

"He's a bit of a louse, actually," Maslen admitted. "Why do people cheat? I always say: 'Not even a kiss, not even a dance'. I have a real issue with people being unfaithful."

Maslen tied the knot with his long-term partner Estelle Rubio in September last year.

JustJodi
03-05-2009, 13:35

Alan did u read this??:D waiting for your resonse on this buddy:thumbsup:

Perdita
03-05-2009, 13:57

Alan did u read this??:D waiting for your resonse on this buddy:thumbsup:

He is still in shock, still unable to comment :lol:

Chloe O'brien
04-05-2009, 00:05
Is this the poison dwarf's way of trying to line up a a new job when EE give her the axe as there are only so many times they can marry her off to a new character.

alan45
04-05-2009, 01:08
The Poison Dwarf will never appear on Corrie. Maria's unborn child is a better actor. Barbara Windsor suffers from delusions. She is barely good enough for a 3rd rate soap like Deadenders. She would be completely out of her depth on Britains most Popular Soap.

Chris_2k11
05-05-2009, 00:16
The Poison Dwarf will never appear on Corrie. Maria's unborn child is a better actor.:rotfl: :rotfl: lmao

Perdita
10-05-2009, 06:03
WALFORD'S hottest new couple Marc Elliott and Preeya Kalidas are also dating OFF-SCREEN, we can reveal.

The pair, who play lovers Syed Masood and Amira Shah, were snapped strolling with their arms around each other after filming EastEnders in Elstree, Herts.

Seems Marc has really fallen for new girl Preeya, who recently claimed she was single.

But the pair are desperate to keep their romance under wraps. They walked separately for five minutes before they got together and started canoodling.

And when co-star Nina Toussaint-White (Syd Chambers) shouted at them down the street, they parted faster than Archie and Peggy after their marriage.

Gorgeous Preeya, 26, made her first appearance in Albert Square this week, leaving Syed's little brother Tamwar gobsmacked when she arrived.

From NOTW

Perdita
10-05-2009, 11:51
EastEnders star Nina Wadia has revealed that she receives "kinky" letters from fans.

The actress confirmed that her bossy soap character Zainab Masood has attracted worldwide attention since she made her debut in 2007.

Speaking to The People, Wadia explained: "I get a number of letters from Germany and America. A lot of them are from people who want me to dress in a certain way - you can imagine the kind of thing we're talking about here - and visit them with a view to playing the dominatrix.

"Most of the letters are harmless enough - if more than a little bit kinky! I've only received one which gave me cause for concern and I took that to the EastEnders office to deal with."

She added: "There's a guy called Steve The Pipe Cleaner who is keen for me to visit him in his home and clean his very large pipe at some point. I've politely declined and also said no to visiting these people who want me to dominate them.

"I suspect some are just having a laugh and at least it shows they are tuning in to EastEnders."

Wadia went home with two prizes at the British Soap Awards in London last night. She triumphed in the best comedy performance category, while her character's relationship with Masood Ahmed (Nitin Ganatra) was also named best on-screen partnership.

megan999
11-05-2009, 16:34
June's tearing off her Cotton SOURCE: THE SUN ONLINE 11/5/09

EASTENDERS legend June Brown is planning her most revealing role yet — stripping NAKED, The Sun can reveal.

The soap veteran, 82, let slip she is considering dumping Dot Cotton’s trademark launderette overalls and stepping out in her birthday suit.

But June will not be shocking viewers of the BBC1 soap.

The nude caper is part of a top-secret project planned for later this year.

Speaking at the British Soap Awards on Saturday night she teased: “I can’t tell you because I might not be doing something.

“But if I do, I will be taking my clothes off.

“I don’t know if it’s a pretty sight.”

Last night pals of the popular star, whose character is now Mrs Branning, suggested the strip could be for a charity project similar to the Women’s Institute “calendar girls”.

The group of middle-aged women peeled off to raise cash for Leukaemia Research.

One friend said: “June may be getting on but she’s still an adventurous girl at heart.

“When you get to her age you are pretty comfortable in your body — no matter how many wrinkles it’s got.”

Others hinted it could be a ploy to win an AWARD.

One said: “Bafta snubbed her for best actress this year when she delivered the performance of her life, so you can’t blame her if she’s refocusing on another category next year.

“Don’t be surprised if she’s named sexiest actress at next year’s British Soap Awards.”

---->OMG she's brave! I wouldn't bare all for any amount of money:rotfl:

Perdita
11-05-2009, 16:38
EastEnders actor Perry Fenwick has revealed his shock at learning his character Billy Mitchell's real age.

The 47-year-old, who has played the unlucky-in-life character for just over ten years, told DS at the British Soap Awards: "Billy's name's changed now. It was Billy Mitchell, but it's now Poor Old Billy Mitchell."

He joked: "I wasn't very happy with that, to be honest! I was labouring under the misapprehension that he was about 39! I got the scripts a couple of months ago, opened it up and went 'What?!'

"I was pleased to see on Digital Spy and lots of different forums that they said 'no way does he look 50!'"

I don't think he looks 50 :)

Perdita
12-05-2009, 19:46
EastEnders actor Larry Lamb has returned to filming at the Walford soap.

The 65-year-old - who plays ostracised Mitchell clan member Archie - began shooting last week for his comeback episodes, which are due to air this summer.

He told DS on the red carpet at this year's British Soap Awards: "Archie's back in town now. He's starting to finagle his way back in. It's not easy. We just started this week, I started Tuesday morning. It's not easy for [Archie]."

He then teased: "He's got one ally within the family..."

Perdita
13-05-2009, 13:50
Ex-EastEnders actor Rob Kazinsky has revealed that he would make a return to the BBC soap if his former co-star Rita Simons ever left the programme.

The 25-year-old, who played Sean Slater between 2006 and 2009, told DS at this year's British Soap Awards that if his on-screen wife Simons (Roxy Slater) ever quit the show, he would want to be part of her exit plot.

He said: "I've always said that whatever happens if Rita ever leaves, I want to be in her exit storyline... I'd love to do that."

Reflecting on the state of the programme at the moment, he said: "When I left, I didn't watch it for a little while - I took a long break - and I tuned in and I saw Josie Lawrence and I was like 'oh my God, that's amazing!'

"And then I came to this party today... and there's all these new people and they're all better looking then I ever was!"

He joked: "They're amazing looking people they've suddenly got in this show and I'm just like 'why didn't I stay?!' [Diederick Santer] has upped his game! I wish I'd stayed now... Preeya [Kalidas] - she's cute!"

Perdita
14-05-2009, 06:35
A man charged with murdering two French students reportedly planned to burgle the home of EastEnders star Laila Morse.

The Old Bailey was told how Dano Sonnex, 23, had talked about robbing the south London home of Morse, who plays Little Mo in the BBC soap.

The 63-year-old actress called police at 5am after hearing disturbance outside her property, just half an hour after students Laurent Bonomo and Gabriel Ferez were stabbed to death 244 times.

A neighbour went on to describe the moment she saw Sonnex attempt to rob Morse's house.

"At about 4.30am I was woken up by a noise. Something made me get out of bed and go to a window," Metro quotes Sue Ann Blomfield as saying.

"I saw a man. He wasn't in the room but had his hands on the window frame. I had the impression he was going to try and climb in.

"I said, 'What the f' are you doing?' The man was standing on the conservatory. He put a hand up to cover his face.

"He said, 'Is this Mo's house?' I said, 'No, it's my house'. I was alarmed because I was expecting a cat. He said, 'I want her signature'. I again told him to f' off."

Sonnex, of Peckham, London, has admitted a count of burglary.

:eek:

Perdita
16-05-2009, 15:50
EastEnders star Perry Fenwick has praised the show's producers for their "bold" approach to storytelling.

The actor, who plays Billy Mitchell, claimed that the BBC One soap is more "gritty" than its rivals Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks.

Last year, the programme sparked complaints from viewers after screening a paedophilia plot involving Tony King (Chris Coghill), teenager Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty) and Walford favourite Bianca Jackson (Patsy Palmer).

The plot was later cleared by broadcasting watchdog Ofcom, which ruled that producers had tackled the issue "appropriately and sensitively".

Reflecting on the row, Fenwick told PA: "I think we dare to go a little bit further with certain stories. We've done the Tony and Bianca story and initially there was a bit of a kickoff about that - people were saying: 'Oh, it's all miserable, why are you doing that?'

"They don't realise that we actually get asked by charities and organisations to tackle these things because it can do a lot of good, because it's a massive audience. Usually the response is, once the stories have gone out, that phone lines get jammed and hopefully we help a few people out."

He added: "We do it to entertain and we hopefully act it well. We do all the other stuff that the other soaps do but we're just a little bit grittier."

Perdita
18-05-2009, 06:05
A HOST of dazzlingly dressed stars from EastEnders turned out yesterday for the real-life wedding of Samantha Janus.
Among the guests were Lacey Turner with newly-blonde locks.

Others included Walford stalwarts Barbara Windsor and June Brown.

Co-star Rita Simons dressed down in a black top and Ugg boots.

Sam, who plays Ronnie Mitchell, wed long-time love Mark Womack in West London.

megan999
18-05-2009, 17:50
^ Lacey looks strange with blonde hair!:eek:

angel_eyes87
18-05-2009, 18:02
I think Lacey suits being Blonde.

Does anyone know how long until we see her new hair in Eastenders?

Chris_2k11
18-05-2009, 18:16
^ It must be soon as I think shes been blonde a while now

di marco
18-05-2009, 23:14
He then teased: "He's got one ally within the family..."

i wonder if thats gonna be roxy?

sindydoll
20-05-2009, 15:28
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/250381/EastEnders-babe-Lacey-Turner-goes-BLONDE-Soaps.html

she looks loads better

Chloe O'brien
21-05-2009, 21:48
I like her with her blonde hair it really suits her.

angel_eyes87
21-05-2009, 21:50
I love the new hair. I remember when I first saw those pics, I was wondering what the hell she was doing dying her hair blonde, but now it all makes sense it is part of the storyline.

Can't wait until everyone sees Stacey with her new hair, they may start to realise that there is something wrong.

megan999
22-05-2009, 19:06
Now that I've seen the picture again, I agree that she is lucky that she can carry off blonde OR brunette :D Sian Lloyd (weather girl) and Natalie Imbruglia are NOT so lucky, IMO :rolleyes:

di marco
23-05-2009, 14:30
i read somewhere else (cant remember where) that her natural haircolour is ginger. dunno if thats true though

Chris_2k11
23-05-2009, 17:29
i read somewhere else (cant remember where) that her natural haircolour is ginger. dunno if thats true thoughyeah I heard that aswell

Perdita
28-05-2009, 05:42
EX-EastEnders actress Emma Barton, who played ditzy Honey Mitchell, said she was looking forward to her soap chums coming up north to watch her blast out show numbers in musical Chicago.
Emma, who played Billy's missus Honey for three years, said her pals from the southern soap are planning to take a bus down to watch her play murderous Roxie Hart in the Liverpool production of the musical.

The Sun

Perdita
03-06-2009, 05:54
EASTENDERS actress Nina Wadia says being able to annoy her on-screen hubby helps them put in a realistic performance in the soap.
Nina who plays bossy Zainab Masood, says she is used to winding up her old pal Nitin Ganatra (Masood Ahmed), which makes argument scenes easier to film.

She says: "Nitin and myself are very comfortable as friends. We have a natural ability to annoy the hell out of each other - I think that translates well."

:lol:

Siobhan
03-06-2009, 11:01
EASTENDERS actress Nina Wadia says being able to annoy her on-screen hubby helps them put in a realistic performance in the soap.
Nina who plays bossy Zainab Masood, says she is used to winding up her old pal Nitin Ganatra (Masood Ahmed), which makes argument scenes easier to film.

She says: "Nitin and myself are very comfortable as friends. We have a natural ability to annoy the hell out of each other - I think that translates well."

:lol:

Just one thing that is unrealistic about the Masoods, they never speak in Indian to one another... I know lots of indian people and they mostly speak english (even to each other) but occasionally Indian words come out or if they speak in private while in company.. I would like to see more of that, even if just for realistic sake

Perdita
03-06-2009, 11:29
But then they would have to show sub-titles, because I don't speak Indian :lol:

Siobhan
03-06-2009, 11:38
But then they would have to show sub-titles, because I don't speak Indian :lol:

not necessarily.. they dont' have to speak indian all the time.. just a word or two

matt1378
06-06-2009, 02:41
I agree and I think it would work as well, and they don't need subtitles, we would probably be able to guess the meaning :thumbsup:

Perdita
07-06-2009, 06:48
EastEnders star Nitin Ganatra has admitted that he fears he is turning into his soap character Masood Ahmed.

The actor made his debut as Zainab Masood's (Nina Wadia) henpecked husband on the BBC One show in 2007 - and has recently noticed startling similarities between his real life and screen plots.

"Occasionally you start forgetting which one's real and which one's not," Ganatra told Virgin Media.

"I like to think I'm not really like Masood in terms of my wife and I have a fairly equal relationship, where I'm not henpecked and stuff like that," he continued.

"But I don't know whether I come home and I'm doing the same sort of thing really. You go to work and you snog a woman at work who's your on screen wife and then you come home and you think: 'What did I just do today?'

"It's the longest job I've ever had, and it's the longest character I've ever played and I think what's hard about it is there's so many different writers who have their own take on the character and you're the one who seems to be becoming the character as well. So it is odd."

Ganatra and Wadia were named best on screen partnership at the British Soap Awards last month.

Does anybody watch Mumbai Calling on Saturday nights? He is henpecked in that show too :lol:

Perdita
07-06-2009, 06:52
TELLY actress Gillian Taylforth has finally dumped her thug boyfriend after 23 years, the News of the World can reveal.

Last night the former EastEnders star's family were celebrating the end of her stormy relationship with the man they call "a monster."

A source close to her relatives confirmed: "It's the end of the road for Gillian and Geoff and her family are delighted.

"They've been praying for years that she would wake up and get shot of Geoff. This is the best thing that could have happened to Gillian. He's has been nothing but bad news for her."

The millionaire businessman has moved out of their home in Broxbourne, Herts.

Stitches

The couple are are now going through the courts to sort out custody and access issues over their children Jessica, 17, and ten-year-old Harrison.

Gillian, 53 - who played Kathy Beale in the BBC soap for 15 years - is just one of many victims of Knights' thuggery.

He beat her up in front of their terrified son after going out to a restaurant to celebrate their 20th anniversary three years ago.

Knights punched Gillian so hard in the face that she was sent flying over a sofa and smashed her skull on a table, needing three stitches.

He was arrested and spent 18 hours in a police cell but was released with just a caution after Gillian, who has also appeared in The Bill and Footballers' Wives, refused to press charges.

Her sister Kim, two other sisters and her brother thought Gillian would ditch Knights then. Kim, a former policewoman and now also an actress, said of Knights: "He is a monster.

"It's not only physical but mental abuse. He tells Gillian how awful she is, that nobody loves her and she'll never find another man.

"Gillian's a strong girl. She'd have to be after all she's been through and she will give as good as she gets in an argument.

"But when you're told that month after month, year after year, you start to believe it.

"I know because I've worked with victims in these situations."

That was just one of a string of violent incidents involving Knights since the couple first started seeing each other in 1986.

Just six months after the anniversary attack, Knights was arrested in Barbados after attacking a receptionist at their hotel.

He lost the plot after Cyanda Phillips said his son was too young to use the computer room at the plush Tamarind Cove Hotel.

Knights was said to have hurled a phone at 25-year-old Cyanda after beating her around the head with a rolled-up T-shirt.

He was convicted of assault and ordered to pay an undisclosed fine.

After that incident in April 2007, Gillian's family said they could hardly believe she was still with him. In 1994 Knights threw a cop down stairs after a bust-up and was convicted of assault. In 1995 the couple's chauffeur was allegedly hit by Knights as he helped Gillian move out of the couple's home.

In 2001 it took TEN police officers to restrain him after he smashed up the family home following another argument at a restaurant.

And in January this year he was arrested again, accused of assaulting daughter Jessica's ex-boyfriend Darren Welsh.

He had apparently sought revenge on the 18-year-old after the lad had an altercation with Jessica at a cinema. Both Knights and Welsh were arrested and later released on police bail.

In 2005 Gillian kicked him out after he had an affair with ex- barmaid Jane Keates, but soon forgave him and took him back.

Collapsed

And it was with Knights in 1992 that Gillian suffered her worst public humiliation, when The Sun revealed she had been caught by police performing a sex act on him in their Range Rover on an A1 slip road after a boozy trip to Ascot races.

She sued for libel claiming Knights had suffered a sudden bout of pancreatitis and she was merely massaging his stomach.

During a 12-day hearing at the Royal Courts of Justice, Gillian denied she was an exhibitionist. But the jury was shown a video from 1988 showing her drunk at a party at the Anna Scher Theatre School.

In it, she posed suggestively with a large sausage and a wine bottle.

When the jury found against her she collapsed and had to be carried out of court on a stretcher.

Last night our source said: "Gillian's family hope this is the start of a new chapter for her. They're amazed it's taken her this long to see sense."

THANK goodness Gillian Taylforth has finally managed to find the strength to dump this violent thug once and for all.

Those of us who have never been in an abusive relationship find it difficult to understand why this attractive and talented woman stuck with him for so long.

But when someone who professes to love you regularly beats and undermines you it destroys your self-esteem.

Eventually, you lose all confidence in yourself and start to believe you deserve no better.

A lot of women locked into violent relationships keep it going because they believe their partner when he promises it will never happen again.

The reality is, if a man has been violent once he will almost certainly be violent again unless he acknowledges he has a problem and seeks help for it.

Gillian has made a brave decision. Letting go of Knights and being alone after 20 years must feel scary, but she won't regret it.

She has regained control of her life and boosted her confidence.

Hopefully she will now meet a partner who will treat her with the respect she deserves.

If you want help to get out of an abusive relationship, call the Refuge helpline on 0808 2000 247.

From NOTW

megan999
07-06-2009, 17:05
I have deleted this post because I saw it was posted somewhere else on this forum - sorry!

GwennieS
07-06-2009, 19:17
I thought the Masoods were from Pakistan?

Perdita
08-06-2009, 06:03
EASTENDERS star John Altman wants to swap the small screen for the West End - to star in hit musical Chicago.

John, 57 - "Nasty" Nick Cotton in the BBC1 soap - has played flashy lawyer Billy Flynn in a regional tour of the show.

He now wants to take over from Jerry Springer, who currently plays Billy in London.

John said: "It's always been my ambition to play Billy in the West End."

The role seems to be an EastEnders favourite.

Michael Greco, who played Beppe di Marco, has played him too.

The Sun

Perdita
11-06-2009, 19:00
Alan Carr has suggested that he could appear as a new character in BBC soap EastEnders.

The 32-year-old comedian has admitted that his "dream role" would be to play recently-departed Nick Cotton's (John Altman) camp sibling.

Speaking to the Daily Star, Carr said: "I'd love to be in EastEnders. I could play Nasty Nick's ever-so-slightly camper brother."

His new show Alan Carr: Chatty Man begins on Sunday at 10pm on Channel 4.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Perdita
13-06-2009, 08:58
Ex-EastEnders star Tracey-Ann Oberman has recalled her experiences of the 2004 Thailand Tsunami.

The former soap star, who played Chrissie Watts between 2004 and 2005, was on her honeymoon in Phuket when the Boxing Day disaster happened.

"I had ten days between murdering [on-screen husband] Den [Watts] and burying him," she told The Mirror. "EastEnders sent me on honeymoon with the script. We had four lovely days. Then the Tsunami hit.

"One minute all is fine, the next you're wading over bodies. It was very distressing. You saw bodies and bodies and bodies.

"The posters of the missing at Phuket airport and having thousands of relatives and friends searching for faces... that was terrible... On the plane, all you could hear was sobbing."

The actress, who is currently competing in BBC One's Celebrity Masterchef, confessed that she broke down during filming of the soap on her return from the holiday.

"I had to go straight back to EastEnders and two days in was when I had a reaction," she said. "I found myself in the make-up chair just crying."

She added: "These things make you stronger. They're a wake-up call. They make you realise life is fragile and everything can change in an instant. We have to eke out every bit of happiness and live in the moment."

di marco
26-06-2009, 10:48
EastEnders star Scott Maslen has become a patron of a children's charity based in Kent. The Canterbury organisation Kent Kids Miles of Smiles is a charity for sick and disabled children.

The actor, who plays Jack Branning said: "For such a small charity to be making such a genuine difference to the lives of so many children is amazing. I was thrilled to be asked to be part of it."

Scott continued: "Individuals in the public eye, like myself, get the chance to highlight the often less well known work that is being done out there by the lesser-known charities."

The actor is set to be guest of honour at the charity's annual music festival on July 26, in the gardens of Redwalls, one of the Kent Kids' care homes in Canterbury.

Perdita
27-06-2009, 19:16
EastEnders star Kara Tointon has reportedly landed a £100,000 lingerie deal.

According to The Sun, the actress, who plays Dawn Swann in the BBC One soap, has signed a deal to promote a line of Ultimo underwear for Asda.

A source close to Ultimo boss Michelle Mone said: "Michelle has big plans for Kara. She thinks she’s every bit as pretty as X Factor judge Cheryl Cole and has huge potential."

Tointon was recently tipped to appear in this year's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

Perdita
27-06-2009, 19:25
FORMER EastEnders actress Emma Barton has said she would be happy to return to Albert Square as Honey Mitchell.

Emma, 32, who quit the BBC1 soap last year, said she would like to go back to brighten up life for hapless on-screen hubby Billy.

The actress added: “If they asked me to go back, I would!”

di marco
28-06-2009, 07:37
Emma, 32, who quit the BBC1 soap last year

i thought she was axed?

Perdita
28-06-2009, 07:46
I tought that too :hmm:

sindydoll
28-06-2009, 10:44
she was axed i can remember the headlines

di marco
28-06-2009, 12:00
she was axed i can remember the headlines

yeh i know thats what im saying, but in the article it said she quit

Perdita
28-06-2009, 12:57
I remember quite a few of us on here being outraged as we disagreed with the decision for her character to be axed. Perhaps it sounds better for actors if they are reported to have left a show rather than being axed?

di marco
28-06-2009, 17:30
I remember quite a few of us on here being outraged as we disagreed with the decision for her character to be axed. Perhaps it sounds better for actors if they are reported to have left a show rather than being axed?

yeh thats probably it. i doubt it would look good if someone was axed then wanted to come back!

Chloe O'brien
29-06-2009, 00:27
She was axed but the soaps are so well paid and Emma like most soap cast members has struggled to find work that is why she is saying that she wants to come back.

matt1378
29-06-2009, 02:02
I hope she does return:thumbsup:

Perdita
30-06-2009, 15:08
EASTENDERS star Steve McFadden has become a dad for the fourth time after his partner gave birth to a baby girl yesterday.
The actor, who plays Albert Square hard-man Phil Mitchell, welcomed the 6lb 3oz tot into the world at London's Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, where his partner Rachel Sidwell had her via a caesarean section.

The baby hasn't yet been named and both mum and daughter are said to be doing well.

A spokesman for the 50-year-old soap star said: "Steve is delighted."

Steve and Rachel - who both have three other kids with previous partners - met doing the school run with their respective children last year.

She eventually left her surgeon husband Dr James Green to move in with the actor at his home in north London.

Steve recently expressed his excitement at becoming a dad again, saying: "Children are a bond, a physical entity and living proof of your love and commitment to each other. This is a very exciting time for me, I feel like I'm having a fresh start."

He has a son with childhood sweetheart Sue Marshall and two other daughters with ex-girlfriend Angela Bostock.

Congratulations to them :cheer:

di marco
03-07-2009, 07:48
Former EastEnders actor Phil Daniels has admitted that he was glad his character was killed off.

The 50-year-old, who played car dealer Kevin Wicks, quit the BBC soap in 2007 after two years playing the part. His screen children Deano (Matt Di Angelo) and Carly (Kellie Shirley) were axed as a result.

His character was dramatically killed off in a car accident in the show's 2007 New Year's Eve episode when he took his ex-wife Shirley Carter (Linda Henry) for a spin in one of Phil Mitchell's (Steve McFadden) shady motors.

The accident left Kevin speared through the chest with a scaffolding pole.

Speaking of his time with the soap, he told The Mirror: "Characters like mine, who start off happy-go-lucky, can't succeed because EastEnders doesn't really 'do' light comedy. They've got nowhere to go. Other soaps are good at comedy but EastEnders is too serious and arguably a bit worthy.

"Inevitably, Kevin ended up miserable, in a storyline dead-end. The only thing they could do in the end was kill him off."

He added: "In the end, I was happy to be killed off."

The Quadrophenia star is to appear in ITV's new Poirot instalment 'Clocks'.

Perdita
04-07-2009, 06:45
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a163369/angela-wynter-to-guest-in-doctors.html

Former EastEnders actress Angela Wynter will make a guest appearance in Doctors at the beginning of next month.

The 55-year-old - who played Walford shopkeeper Yolande Trueman until she was written out of the BBC soap in October - will take on the role of Doreen Webster, an aggrieved owner of a hamburger stall.

Doreen's infuriated when her ex-husband Clifford Webster (Victor Romero Evans) locates his smoothie stall opposite her business. When Clifford visits old family friend Michelle (Donnaleigh Bailey) at the surgery for a checkup, she's shocked by the news of their divorce.

Michelle pays Doreen a visit and it's soon revealed that Clifford's gambling problem reigned supreme in their marriage. Clifford saves the day, though, when two teenagers attempt to steal from her.

The episode, titled 'A Bit of a Pickle', will air on Friday, August 7 at 1.45pm on BBC One.

Wynter was axed from EastEnders when the show's bosses decided not to renew her contract due to a lack of storylines for her character.

Yolande was last seen leaving her husband Patrick (Rudolph Walker) at Walford's tube station as she left for a new life in Birmingham.

Perdita
04-07-2009, 17:38
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a163451/tointon-really-upset-over-walford-plot.html

EastEnders star Kara Tointon has admitted that she is "really upset" over her character's latest affair storyline.

The actress felt frustrated when she was told that her alter-ego Dawn Swann would cheat on boyfriend Garry Hobbs (Ricky Groves) with Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden).

Tointon revealed: "I'm really upset that Dawn is hurting Garry again. I can't believe she didn't learn her lesson the last time things went wrong. Viewers have been telling me not to break his heart - everyone loves Garry!"

She added: "I'd tell Dawn to move away from Albert Square - she's not having much luck there. Seriously though, she needs to wake up and not be so selfish. She's got a lovely set-up with Garry and her little daughter Summer. She should see that and enjoy it."

The 25-year-old star was axed from the BBC One soap in March - and later revealed that she felt "heartbroken" over the decision.

She recently discussed her desire for Dawn to get a "happy ending", adding: "I like the idea of being able to come back at some point."

She is not the only one being really upset, this storyline just does not make sense whatsover. :nono:

Perdita
04-07-2009, 17:42
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a163462/walford-star-keeps-holiday-top-secret.html

EastEnders star Jo Joyner has revealed that she is desperate to keep details of her summer holiday under wraps.

The 31-year-old actress, who plays Tanya Branning on the BBC One soap, admitted that she dreads facing unwanted attention from photographers when she is having fun on the beach.

Speaking to We Love Telly! magazine, she explained: "I try not to tell anyone where I'm going for my summer holiday to avoid being snapped by the paparazzi.

"There's nothing worse than being caught by the cameras when you're trying to enjoy your holiday. When I'm away from EastEnders, I like to stay out of the limelight."

She added: "I love going down to the beach and having a laugh in the water with friends and family. I also love to go snorkelling."

Joyner has previously described fame as a "necessary evil", commenting: "It's not a side that I enjoy - it makes me very shy - but a lot of people do enjoy it."

Chloe O'brien
04-07-2009, 23:54
I wonder what the EE writers would have done if Kara had refused to film the story with Dawn sleeping with Phil.

Perdita
05-07-2009, 06:41
She could have been out of Walford a bit earlier?

Perdita
07-07-2009, 04:50
From The Sun

EASTENDERS beauty Kara Tointon was known as "chlamydia girl" at school after she posed for an ad warning about sexual diseases.

The actress, who plays Dawn Swann in the BBC1 soap, said: "They took a picture of me in a bathroom looking sad, and it was used in a magazine to illustrate the dangers of contracting diseases. I was at school so everyone took the p**s out of me. I was chlamydia girl."

The actress, who is the new face and body of Ultimo lingerie, also said she was nervous about telling soap bosses she was dating Joe Swash, who played her brother Mickey. She told FHM: "I thought they'd be really angry."

#

BBC Two's Grow Your Own Drugs is looking for people suffering dandruff, indigestion or shaving rashes to try natural remedies in the new series. Call 0207 907 3469.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2520281/Kara-Tointons-sex-taunts.html

Perdita
14-07-2009, 06:07
EASTENDERS star Cliff Parisi is expecting a baby with a BBC production assistant he met just three months ago.

Cliff, 48, who plays loveable garage mechanic Minty Peterson, is also getting married to pretty Tara Wyer after a whirlwind romance.

The pair met on the set of BBC1 show Let's Dance, where Cliff strutted his stuff for Comic Relief earlier this year.

Pals say the actor and the production assistant immediately hit it off.

A friend said: "They are so happy - Cliff wasted no time in getting down on one knee to pop the question."

Tara has moved in with the actor at his home in Highgate, North London, and they plan to wed later this year.

There must be something in the water at the BBC1 soap. Cliff's co-star Steve McFadden, 50, who plays Phil Mitchell, had a baby girl with his new partner last month.

And Jo Joyner, 31, who plays Tanya Branning, revealed she is to give birth to TWINS.

Bizarrely, dad-to-be Cliff's character Minty is one of the names in the frame to be revealed as the father of Heather Trott's baby.

It comes after Coronation Street stars Simon Gregson and Samia Smith also announced they are expecting babies later this year.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2533443/Thats-a-quick-service-Minty.html

Chloe O'brien
15-07-2009, 00:35
I wonder if Steve real baby will appear as baby Pickle when Heather gives birth.

di marco
15-07-2009, 09:54
I wonder if Steve real baby will appear as baby Pickle when Heather gives birth.

wont the baby be a bit too old though by then?

tammyy2j
15-07-2009, 13:41
Former 'EastEnders' star Michelle Collins has said that she has auditioned for a part in 'Desperate Housewives'.

The actress, who played the role of Cindy Beale in the soap revealed the news on BBC One's 'Breakfast'.

Collins said: "I've got an American visa now so I've spent quite a bit of time there."

Advertisement"I went to a casting for Desperate Housewives, but I haven't got it yet," she said.

"As I've told people about it, they're amazed and have been telling me that someone like Cindy from 'EastEnders' would be great for that show. I have to remind them I'm not Cindy, I'm Michelle."

"I'm just doing what a lot of British actors are doing there at the moment - the 'LA thing'. I'd like to think there's been interest in me."

"But I'm a single parent so obviously that would be my biggest consideration before going for anything in America."

sindydoll
15-07-2009, 19:48
EASTENDERS star Cliff Parisi is expecting a baby with a BBC production assistant he met just three months ago.

Cliff, 48, who plays loveable garage mechanic Minty Peterson, is also getting married to pretty Tara Wyer after a whirlwind romance.

The pair met on the set of BBC1 show Let's Dance, where Cliff strutted his stuff for Comic Relief earlier this year.

Pals say the actor and the production assistant immediately hit it off.

A friend said: "They are so happy - Cliff wasted no time in getting down on one knee to pop the question."

Tara has moved in with the actor at his home in Highgate, North London, and they plan to wed later this year.

There must be something in the water at the BBC1 soap. Cliff's co-star Steve McFadden, 50, who plays Phil Mitchell, had a baby girl with his new partner last month.

And Jo Joyner, 31, who plays Tanya Branning, revealed she is to give birth to TWINS.

Bizarrely, dad-to-be Cliff's character Minty is one of the names in the frame to be revealed as the father of Heather Trott's baby.

It comes after Coronation Street stars Simon Gregson and Samia Smith also announced they are expecting babies later this year.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2533443/Thats-a-quick-service-Minty.html
i think sometimes you can be too old to become parents! i feel to old now and im 39

Perdita
19-07-2009, 13:10
EastEnders star Kara Tointon has insisted that she is happy to "move on" from Walford.

The 25-year-old actress recently filmed her final scenes as Dawn Swann after being axed from the BBC One soap earlier this year.

Reflecting on her final months at Albert Square, Tointon told the Sunday Mirror: "Last year was non-existent for me on screen, so I'm ready to move on. Since having baby Summer two years ago, my character didn't really do anything - I just ordered a sandwich every now and again."

She added: "I never expected to be there for as long as four years. I thought two, max, but they kept me on. It was so emotional filming my final scenes. Normally there are a hundred more scenes to do - you're never really done - so I made myself block out the fact this was my last one."

Tointon also confirmed that there is no truth in rumours linking her to the next series of I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!, which last year starred her boyfriend Joe Swash.

On reports that she will appear on Strictly Come Dancing, she commented: "I think every year they have a lot of people wanting to do it - they have people calling them. I'd like to think they'd have me. But who knows?"

Tointon has previously admitted that she felt "heartbroken" after being dropped by her soap bosses.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a166017/tointon-dawns-plots-were-non-existent.html

sindydoll
19-07-2009, 15:31
i think we all need a change now and again im currantly coming out of my job that ive been doing for 2 & half years and going into a new one because i want a change dont get me wrong i love my job and sad to leave but i just need something new in my life

Perdita
21-07-2009, 05:53
FORMER EastEnders star Deepak Verma has slated the show - claiming its current Asian family is unrealistic.
Deepak, who played the BBC1 soap's market trader Sanjay Kapoor in the 1990s, said the Masoods were "two-dimensional and ill-conceived" with "stupid clothes and accents".

Deepak, 40, praised rival ITV1's Coronation Street and Jimmi Harkishin's "brilliant" portrayal of Asian Dev Alahan. He said: "He's a dodgy womanising sleazebag. He's Indian but that's got nothing to do with it. He's just a brilliant actor."

A Beeb spokeswoman said: "It's a shame Deepak feels that way.

"But the Masood family is hugely popular with EastEnders viewers."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2545895/Ex-EastEnder-slams-its-Asians.html

Perdita
26-07-2009, 14:59
Veteran actor Harry Towb has died at the age of 83, it has been announced.

Most recently, he was seen in the BBC One soap opera EastEnders, playing Janine Butcher's fiancé David for a two-episode stint in December last year.

RIP Harry

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a167348/actor-harry-towb-dies-aged-83.html

Perdita
27-07-2009, 14:59
EastEnders star Steve McFadden has revealed that he feels happier than ever following the birth of his fourth child.

The actor, who plays Phil Mitchell in the BBC One soap, and girlfriend Rachel Sidwell welcomed their newborn daughter at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London yesterday.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a162792/enders-star-mcfadden-welcomes-baby-girl.html

Congratulations to them :cheer:

Perdita
27-07-2009, 15:01
EastEnders star Steve McFadden has revealed that he feels happier than ever following the birth of his fourth child.

The actor, who plays hardman Phil Mitchell on the BBC One soap, welcomed the arrival of baby girl Amelie Tinkerbell with his girlfriend Rachel Sidwell last month.

:confused: I thought they had not named the baby yet but now they have. I like Amelie, not sure about Tinkerbell.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a167658/enders-actor-mcfadden-reveals-baby-joy.html

alan45
24-08-2009, 09:24
From Today's Sun

EASTENDERS star Samantha Janus burst into tears yesterday after her father was found hanged in his bathroom.

Sorrow ... Samantha arrives at the house with
husband Mark Womak

Sam, who plays Ronnie Mitchell, visited his flat with actor husband Mark Womack and was supported by a neighbour as she took away a few belongings.

The 36-year-old was too upset to talk. Mark said: "She asks to be left alone to grieve with her family."

Mr Janus, 60, was believed to have depression. He had a strained relationship with Sam, and three months ago he told how being cut out of magazine snaps of her wedding was "like a dagger to the heart".

The former songwriter was found in the one-bedroom council flat in Brighton by a worried pal on Saturday afternoon.

Neighbour John Austin, 63, said: "As far as we know he hanged himself.

"He was a nice chap and I got on with him. I saw him coming back with his dog on Friday evening. He seemed quite bright even though he had heart trouble."

Another neighbour, Mark Berridge, 49, said: "He told me he was going to hospital to get results on his heart. When he got back I asked him how he got on and he said he was fine.

"For all we know he might have known his illness was going to kill him and decided to take the easiest way out."

Last night a pair of wellies, a walking stick and a blue bicycle were outside the flat while his black 4x4 was next to the four-story block.

A girlfriend called Rita was believed to be looking after his beloved dalmatian.

Mr Janus - brother of George Best's ex-wife Angie - walked out on Sam's mother Diane when Sam was six and flitted in and out of her life.

She invited him to her London wedding with Mark, 48 - but said he could not walk her down the aisle or make a speech. None of the pictures which then appeared in OK! magazine showed Mr Janus.

He said at the time: "It was like a dagger to the heart. The whole of Sam's side of the family, including myself and her mother, have been completely left out of all the photos.

"They show only Mark's side of the family. It's like we weren't there - we don't exist.

"I've been completely snubbed in such an open fashion.

"I can't help but think that the magazine pictures were of my daughter's design."

OK! confirmed the bride chose what pictures went in.

lizann
24-08-2009, 14:18
Poor Sam :(

Chloe O'brien
24-08-2009, 22:48
poor Sam, regardless of her relationship with her Dad she must be devasted by the way he died.

Chris_2k11
24-08-2009, 22:56
Thats terrible :( my sympathies go to her.

Perdita
05-09-2009, 17:44
From Digital Spy: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a175956/eastenders-stars-receive-pay-cuts.html

EastEnders stars have reportedly been told by BBC executives to choose between taking a 15% pay cut or having less time on screen.

According to The Mirror, Barbara Windsor and Steve McFadden, who star as Peggy and Phil Mitchell, will see their £360,000 salaries reduced by around £54,000. Meanwhile, Pam St Clement (Pat Evans) will have £49,500 knocked off her £330,000 yearly income and Adam Woodyatt, who plays Ian Beale, will earn £263,500 annually rather than £310,000.

An insider on the soap said: "Everybody realises there is a recession on and everybody has to do their bit. But some of the stars feel like they are being bullied into taking a pay cut. The licence fee has stayed the same and the same money is coming in.

"Yet the people who bring in the viewers are being told they have to take a cut. It is not fair and a lot of people are unhappy. Everyone who comes in can't work on other shows so they can't cut their hours and pick up work elsewhere."

However, a BBC source said: "Most of the cast understand the reason behind the cuts and just appreciate having work in these difficult times when so many people are struggling financially."

Earlier this week, Jonathan Creek actor Alan Davies revealed that he was accepting a pay cut. Other celebrities are also seeing their salaries fall.

Chloe O'brien
13-09-2009, 01:21
How about a 15% pay cut and less time on the show for the Posion Dwarf and her adorable son.:rotfl:

Perdita
14-09-2009, 13:30

The actor, who plays hardman Phil Mitchell on the BBC One soap, welcomed the arrival of baby girl Amelie Tinkerbell with his girlfriend Rachel Sidwell last month.

:confused: I thought they had not named the baby yet but now they have. I like Amelie, not sure about Tinkerbell.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a167658/enders-actor-mcfadden-reveals-baby-joy.html

The ex-partner of EastEnders actor Steve McFadden has announced that she is heartbroken following their break-up.

Yesterday, it was revealed that McFadden (Phil Mitchell) had been dumped by Dr Rachel Sidwell, the mother of his 2-month-old daughter Amelie Tinkerbell.

Sidwell has now reportedly told The Sun that she feels McFadden "can't be trusted".

She continued: "I'm in pieces. I'm too upset to talk about it."

Expecting to receive news from reporters, Sidwell then added: "What's he done now? Whatever it is, it won't surprise me."

Sidwell is said to have reunited with her surgeon husband James Green in the aftermath of the split.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a177281/steve-mcfaddens-ex-reveals-heartbreak.html

I wonder what happened there, so suddenly

lizann
24-09-2009, 19:39
how many kids has Steve?

matt1378
28-09-2009, 00:42
how many kids has Steve?

Pretty sure its 4 now

Perdita
28-09-2009, 06:08
Yes, he has 4 children

megan999
20-11-2009, 18:05
SOURCE: THE SUN ONLINE 20/11/09
EASTENDERS scripts for the Christmas Day specials have been stolen - sparking fears the plotlines could be leaked on the net.

The two top-secret manuscripts were taken during a break-in at the writer's home.
They were on a laptop nicked with other valuables.
The woman writer, who asked The Sun not to identify her, was devastated.
BBC executives are now worried their full plot details will be revealed.
The two Christmas Day episodes are usually EastEnders' highest-rating programmes and are at the heart of BBC1's festive schedule.
Five years ago, six months' of scripts were stolen in a similar raid.
Show boss Diederick Santer said last night: "We're keen to get this laptop back as it contains all the twists and turns of our exciting EastEnders Christmas."
The episodes were filmed several weeks ago and scripts handed to the stars have since been destroyed.
One major storyline from the soap's Christmas specials has already been leaked.

It will see Archie Mitchell, played by Larry Lamb, killed in The Queen Vic.

--->I was gutted to read this, I don't like reading spoilers!!! Especially not Xmas ones :(

megan999
19-02-2010, 16:30
EastEnders' historic live whodunit episode hit by 'flu bug' to Lacey Turner

EastEnders' historic live episode has been thrown into chaos – after lead actress Lacey Turner was hit by suspected flu.

Lacey, who plays Stacey Slater, is supposed to have one of the main roles in the soap’s big night to celebrate it’s 25th anniversary.

But yesterday’s final dress rehearsal was cancelled after 21-year-old Lacey was sent home.

A source said: “She was croaking at cast members, saying ‘I can’t speak’.

“Lacey is always such a professional and she doesn’t want to do anything to jeopardise the live show.”

Bosses must decide whether to re-write tonight’s live episode to involve less of Lacey or use scenes which have been recorded during rehearsals in case the show has problems during broadcast.

The source added: “Fans will have to tune in to see if she makes it.”

SOURCE: THE MIRROR ONLINE 19/2/10

--->I hope she manages to appear tonight, I'm a big fan of hers.

Perdita
19-02-2010, 17:36
This is the same post I have read in 3 different threads lol

alan45
19-02-2010, 17:39
Yes and I got mine closed:p

Perdita
19-02-2010, 17:40
Awww :lol:

megan999
20-02-2010, 16:40
This is the same post I have read in 3 different threads lol

Sorry, I didn't realise :(

megan999
23-02-2010, 15:17
SOURCE - THE SUN 23/2/10 By Ally Ross.
Ian Beale - "If I could, I would like to do it all over again". Yep. You, the production crew and the rest of the cast, Ian old friend. Especially J-J-Jack Branning who fluffed his way into my affections on Friday night, and prompted one of the most surprising exchanges in soap history. "You've helped the flack from the plack, Bradley, and held it against the public. We all 'ave".....Off-script actor Scott Maslen who at one point, yelped: "Bradley, you better not what's he, what's she what's it? She covering his key. She knows abaht it!"......"I'm the only person here who knows what they're doing."
---> hilarious. Poor Scott!

Dazzle
23-02-2010, 15:53
:rotfl: Aww, that's gonna haunt him forever.

alan45
30-03-2010, 10:29
The older brother of EastEnders actress Patsy Palmer has been handed a five-year jail sentence for carrying out a robbery at a jewellers.

According to The Mirror, Albert Harris, 42, had targeted a shop in Clifton, Bristol, where he snatched £23,000 worth of goods after threatening two female workers with a knife.

Reports suggest that Harris's face was captured by the store's CCTV cameras during the incident last September, which helped police to track him down and arrest him within days.

Appearing at Bristol Crown Court yesterday, Harris pleaded guilty to robbery and carrying an offensive weapon. His sentence will be cut by the 169 days he spent in custody while awaiting trial.

Harris has previously spoken openly about his troubled personal life. In a 2008 interview, he explained that he had been jailed more than ten times after turning to crime to feed a heroin addiction.

Earlier this month, the brother of Palmer's screen husband Sid Owen (Ricky Butcher) was sentenced to eight years behind bars for being involved in a cocaine smuggling case.

alan45
31-03-2010, 01:19
FORMER EastEnders babe Michelle Ryan is set to bare all as a stripper in a new flick - and she's taking pole dancing lessons to prepare for it.
The busty brunette, who is most well known for playing troubled Zoe Slater in the BBC1 soap, said it's "great fun" honing her moves for the racy role in new movie A Girl Walks into a Bar.

Michelle, 25, explained: "I play a stripper and had to go to a pole-dancing class in LA to prepare.

"I have so much respect for the dancers. It is hard work."

But the Bionic Woman star did admit she ended up covered in bruises as she attempted the trickier routines.

We're sure it will be worth the hard graft...

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2913611/Michelle-Ryan-lands-in-pole-position.html#ixzz0ji12mWgC

alan45
04-04-2010, 12:26
Aston Merrygold has reportedly reignited his romance with former EastEnders star Louisa Lytton.

The pair appeared close as they sat together in a corner of London's Mayfair Club on Friday night, according to The Daily Star Sunday.

A source said: "Aston and Louisa arrived together at 1am. Aston got a table covered in vodka bottles and invited people to join them.

"But while most of their friends danced Aston and Louisa spent the night cosying up in the corner of the club."

The 22-year-old JLS star dated Lytton before rising to fame on The X Factor.

alan45
12-04-2010, 11:28
Former Emmerdale star Hayley Tamaddon has revealed that she would love to land a role on EastEnders.

The Dancing On Ice champion explained that she dreams of being introduced to the Walford soap as a new love interest for Billy Mitchell (Perry Fenwick).

Speaking to the Daily Star, Tamaddon commented: "I think EastEnders needs a few more Northerners.

"I'd like the part of Billy Mitchell's girlfriend. It's about time he got another one and I love snogging scenes."

Tamaddon quit her role as Emmerdale's Delilah Dingle in 2007 after two years in the part. She is currently busy working on the Dancing On Ice live tour.

alan45
15-04-2010, 10:32
EastEnders star Nitin Ganatra has revealed that he was thrilled to explore Masood Ahmed's "darker" side in his latest Walford storyline.

Next week, the actor's character receives a huge shock when he spots son Syed (Marc Elliott) in a passionate embrace with Christian Clarke (John Partridge).

After spending time wondering what his next move should be, Masood tries to warn the secret lovers to keep their distance from each other without explicitly revealing what he knows.

Speaking to DS about the plot, Ganatra explained: "All along, Masood's saying predatory things to Syed and Christian, teasing them about knowing. So in a very subtle way, he lets them both know that he's aware of what's going on and they'd better stop."

He continued: "It's a lovely thing to play. The New Year episodes with Nina [Wadia], Johnny and Marc were so good and so explosive, I was thinking, 'How do you top that?'

"What I love about Masood, though, is that he's a very flexible person. You'll get a different response from him in almost every situation. He's not predicable. He has his lighter moments and then his darker moments. It gives a lot of colour to play with."

Following Masood's surprise discovery, it is not long until the rest of Syed's family learns the truth about his sexuality in much-anticipated reveal scenes.

alan45
17-04-2010, 09:56
An EastEnders storyline helped to convict a paedophile in Devon, it has been reported.

Frederick Hanmer, 55, was found guilty of four counts of rape and five counts of sexual assault at Exeter Crown Court on Thursday.

His victim, who is now in her 20s, contacted police after watching an EastEnders storyline about a paedophile. Hanmer, of Ashburton, Devon, first abused the girl when she was seven, jurors heard.

According to the BBC, the victim remained silent for more than a decade before being given the confidence to speak out by the BBC soap's storyline.

"It has lifted a lot off me. I'm relieved, which has made me happier. Before I spoke out, I was very angry and bit off people's heads for practically no reason," she said.

Speaking after the case, Detective Sgt. Neil Ralph, of Devon and Cornwall Police, said: "The victim saw the episode of EastEnders and it was like what had happened to her. It gave her the impetus to come forward."

alan45
22-04-2010, 17:17
EastEnders star Nina Wadia has revealed that she would love Ramon Tikaram to land another Walford stint.

Although viewers have not yet seen the last of Tikaram's character Qadim Shah, the actor has already filmed his final scenes with the BBC drama.

In an interview with Inside Soap, Wadia named Qadim as the perfect new love interest for her character Zainab Masood should the battleaxe's marriage to Masood Ahmed (Nitin Ganatra) fall apart in the future.

With Masood now fully aware of his son Syed's (Marc Elliott) sexuality, his relationship with Zainab could hit rocky ground if he ever discovers that she knew the truth months ago.

Wadia explained: "Masood might well turn his back on her for good if he discovers Zainab has lied to him. There's a genuine love between those two characters, so it would be a great pity if they were to lose that."

Laughing, she continued: "I think it would be perfect if Qadim came back to Walford and had an affair with Zainab. When Ramon Tikaram comes in, all the girls swoon over him because he's so gorgeous.

Perdita
24-04-2010, 17:01
EastEnders star Rita Simons has admitted that her husband cannot bear to watch any of her romantic scenes.

The 33-year-old actress, who plays landlady Roxy Mitchell in the serial, revealed that hairdresser Theo Silverston is jealous of her alter ego's on-screen relationships.

She told Bang Showbiz: "My husband absolutely hates it if I'm kissing other men. In fact, he turns away and goes, 'La la la la la!'

"I always try to make him watch, but he won't even discuss it. He'd also like to think I was a virgin until we met."

Simons added: "The biggest misconception about Roxy is that she's a slag. Please tell me who I've kissed in the show, who's still here? Jack? Oh yeah. He isn't the best kisser though - that would be Dr Al, Adam Croasdell."

Perdita
25-04-2010, 16:12
Lily Allen has admitted that she occasionally cries over storylines in EastEnders.

The 24-year-old singer claimed that she often becomes emotional about aspects of life she has "no control over".

She told The Times: "My songs are definitely a way of communicating feelings but not about things I feel very emotional about.

"I get upset about really stupid things, about EastEnders. I cry about things I have no control over, like the way I look or how much weight I’ve put on. I rarely cry about relationships with other people."

alan45
26-04-2010, 10:22
Former EastEnders star Tracy-Ann Oberman has claimed that the soap world is similar to what life was like on "old-style" Hollywood movie sets.

The actress admitted that she often used to draw comparisons to classic films when shooting scenes as Walford's Chrissie Watts, who is best remembered for murdering husband Dirty Den (Leslie Grantham) in the programme's 20th anniversary instalment.

Speaking to The Daily Telegraph about serial drama, Oberman explained: "The way the system works is that you're stuck in this studio a long way from anywhere, and you're living, eating and breathing the job.

"You're being driven around on the studio buggy and you're working with the same people. There really is something quite old-style Hollywood studio about it. It kept making me think about what it must have been like to be living on the lot at MGM, waiting to see what your next script was going to be."

She continued: "The way soaps are written is often quite melodramatic - particularly with the storylines I had. They were very theatrical, and there's something quite film noir-ish about murdering your husband. I often used to think, 'Wow - how would Bette Davis approach this?'"

Oberman is currently promoting her new one-off Radio 4 play, which tells the story of the resentment which allegedly grew between Davis and Joan Crawford when they filmed their 1962 horror movie Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?.

Perdita
26-04-2010, 11:36
Ricky Groves has admitted that he has finally come to terms with his split from wife Hannah Waterman.

The former EastEnders stars, who played Walford's Garry Hobbs and Laura Beale, announced their break-up in January after three years of marriage.

Speaking in a new interview with Hello magazine, Groves confessed that he now understands why Waterman chose to end their relationship.

The 42-year-old explained: "It pains me to say it but at the time it was a real jolt, the worst thing that had ever happened to me. But I've had time to think about it and, as sad as it is, maybe our relationship had become routine and we had grown apart.

"I think I'd just been putting things off, telling myself it would be all right, but then it got to the stage where it wasn't all right anymore."

Groves added that he is back on good terms with Waterman and believes they will "always remain friends".

Perdita
27-04-2010, 09:45
Tamzin Outhwaite has revealed that EastEnders bosses have "never" approached her to make a return to the Walford soap.

The actress left her role as Albert Square's Melanie Owen in 2002 and has gone on to appear in a number of other TV dramas, including Paradox, Red Cap and Hotel Babylon.

Earlier this year, it was announced that Shane Richie and Jessie Wallace are to make comebacks in their respective roles as Alfie and Kat Moon. More recently, it was confirmed that Lucy Benjamin is to make a one-off return as Lisa Fowler.

Speaking to New magazine, Outhwaite commented: "Loads of my old peers are going back. It seems I'm the only one who's never been asked! It's quite funny - people always think I've turned it down, but I haven't been asked.

"I don't know if I'd go back. At the moment I've got enough on my plate. Who knows in the future?"

Outhwaite told DS last November that she would feel no shame if she ever did return to play Melanie.

Katy
27-04-2010, 09:55
I think she could do better by not going back, thats probably the reaon she has never been asked, shes actual had some sort of career since leaving.

alan45
27-04-2010, 10:20
Tamzin is one of the few who has left EE and made a success at something else

Perdita
27-04-2010, 10:23
Already posten ^^

alan45
27-04-2010, 11:34
John Partridge has hinted at tough times ahead for Christian Clarke in EastEnders.

The actor was asked if his character's complicated relationship with Syed Masood (Marc Elliott) would have a happy ending.

Partridge told Heat: "Obviously I can't give much away.

"In situations like this there's rarely a happy ending. This is Walford, not Oz. We're not in Kansas anymore!"

He added that Elliot was the worst dancer on set when he choreographed the dancing scenes for his wedding, adding: "He's totally uncoordinated. I had to really make him practise, but he rose to the challenge."

Dazzle
27-04-2010, 16:25
There won't be a happy ending for Syed and Christian, as there's no drama in that, and this is EE after all.

Unless they both leave together at some point.

Perdita
27-04-2010, 20:57
John Partridge has revealed that he plans to marry his long-term boyfriend Jon Tsouras.

The 38-year-old actor confirmed that he believes it is time to take the next step in their relationship.

He told Heat: "My lovely Jon's Canadian and it's all about when his family can come over, which might be this autumn.

"We've been together for seven years and it's about time I made an honest man of him."

The former musical theatre star went on to say that despite having choreographed a Bollywood dance routine on EastEnders, he has no plans on such a display at his wedding.

He continued: "There might be some Irish dancing, though. We've both got Irish roots, so there could be a bit of the old Riverdance!"

alan45
28-04-2010, 09:19
BBC soap EastEnders is to remain at its Elstree Studios base in Hertfordshire "for the foreseeable future", it has been confirmed.

According to The Guardian, a new deal has been signed which will keep the Walford drama in its long-established home for another four years.

Previous reports had often suggested that EastEnders could move elsewhere, with Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire regularly being tipped as one potential new location.

However, a BBC spokeswoman has now confirmed: "There are no plans for EastEnders to move from Elstree - the production will remain at this site for the foreseeable future."

Meanwhile, a source said: "EastEnders is definitely going to stay in Elstree. A new contract has been signed."

The news means that the programme's existing sets are likely to require upgrades in order to meet the demands of high definition. In an interview with DS last May, then executive producer Diederick Santer confessed that some of EastEnders' exterior locations would not "pass muster" if the higher-quality filming was introduced.

Elstree Studios has been the soap's home since its inception 25 years ago.

alan45
04-05-2010, 14:18
EastEnders star Cheryl Fergison has revealed that viewers can expect Heather Trott to face struggles as a single mother in the coming months.

Speaking on This Morning, the actress promised a shift in tone for her character's storylines and also warned of dramatic times ahead for Heather's best friend Shirley Carter (Linda Henry).

Discussing Heather's place in the soap, Fergison commented: "I think it's going to change a little bit. We're going to see more of the single parent mummy - [it'll be] a little bit harder possibly. [She'll be] fending for herself a lot more and not relying on Shirley.

"Shirley will be having her own issues with Phil. It's all going to go off for them!"

Asked whether love could be on the cards for Heather, she joked: "Love? Oh, I don't know. Look at her hair and the headbands - it's not boding well, is it?"

Heather gave birth to her first child George last October.

alan45
05-05-2010, 04:43
EastEnders bosses are to drop a last-minute scene into its first post-election episode, citing the result, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

At roughly the halfway point in Friday's screening, Darren Miller (Charlie G Hawkins) will be seen walking through the Square with flatmate Minty Peterson (Cliff Parisi) as they head for The Vic.

Strolling through the Square gardens, Darren asks: "So, what do you reckon then Mints? Good or bad?" before gesturing a local newspaper at him.

A cutaway scene showing the front page of the East London Gazette's election special will then be shown with one of the three most likely alternate headlines: 'Cameron Wins!', 'Clegg Wins!' or 'Brown Wins!'.

Minty responds: "Same old, same old, mate. I tell you what, we'd better get a couple of pints down our scrags before they put the prices up!"

Show bosses also have the eventuality of a hung parliament "covered".

Last year, EastEnders filmed a last-minute scene between Denise (Diane Parish) and Patrick (Rudolph Walker) the morning after Michael Jackson's death to slot into that evening's episode.

Other instances of topical 'drop in' scenes over the years have included Barack Obama's presidential victory and various football results.

The remaining three of the Big Four soaps - Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks - all confirmed to DS that they have "no plans" to cite the result of the general election.

alan45
06-05-2010, 14:03
Former EastEnders executive producer Diederick Santer has quit the BBC to establish his own independent production company Lovely Day.

Operating under the Kudos Film and Television brand, Lovely Day will be "managed, owned and operated" by Santer and will be afforded "full access to Kudos's creative expertise, production and legal affairs teams".

According to Kudos, Lovely Day will "pioneer innovative new drama formats" and produce "distinctive quality, popular TV drama for UK audiences".

Speaking about the move, Santer said: "I'm so excited about Lovely Day and couldn't be happier that it will dawn under the bright sunlight of the brilliant and hugely successful Kudos Film and TV."

He continued: "I've had ten fantastic years with BBC Drama Production, and worked with numerous wonderful people all of whom I will miss hugely.

"But I hope to be back making shows for BBC before long and of course for other UK and international broadcasters too. I hope Lovely Day will herald a whole new era of quality British TV drama."

Kudos creative director Jane Featherstone commented: "This is a thrilling announcement for Kudos. When we heard that Diederick was considering setting up a drama outfit, we leapt at the chance to be part of it. Diederick has a great track record in developing and producing top quality mainstream drama and his work on EastEnders showed how versatile and brilliant he could be in that genre too."

She added: "We feel he's a great fit with Kudos and we're delighted to be able to support him as he takes the first steps in establishing his new company."

Director of BBC Drama Production Nicolas Brown said: "Diederick has had an outstanding decade at the BBC, culminating in his tenure as executive producer on EastEnders. We are very sad to say goodbye but wish him well in his new venture.

"The movement of talent between companies is important for the creative health of the industry and we hope that Diederick will work with BBC Drama Production again at some point in the future."

In March, Santer stepped down from his exec role at EastEnders, making way for former Hollyoaks boss Bryan Kirkwood. He moved to BBC Worldwide in order to develop internationally co-produced programming formats. He was also on the board of BBC Drama Production.

During his three-and-a-half-year tenure as 'Enders exec, Santer introduced, among others, the Mitchell sisters and the Masoods, orchestrated Ricky and Bianca's return and helmed online spinoff E20. The peak of his producership came in February when 16.6m tuned in for the soap's live 25th anniversary episode, which saw Stacey Slater unveiled as Archie Mitchell's killer.

Prior to EastEnders, Santer worked on BBC period drama Jane Eyre and critically acclaimed drama Cutting It.

Perdita
07-05-2010, 10:31
EastEnders star Marc Elliott has revealed that he wants to see his screen father-in-law Ramon Tikaram back in Albert Square.

Tikaram filmed his final scenes with the BBC soap earlier this year following a guest stint in the role of Qadim Shah.

Most recently, fans saw Qadim teaming up with a gang of thugs to attack Christian Clarke (John Partridge). He did so after hearing that Elliott's character Syed had been having an affair with the caterer, leaving his daughter Amira (Preeya Kalidas) heartbroken.

Speaking to DS, Elliott explained: "I'd love Qadim to come back. At some point, Qadim will find out that Amira's having Syed's baby because she isn't going to be able to hide it for very long.

"I'm not sure how Qadim could come back, but it'd be a really interesting dynamic. Ramon is so commanding in that role. Qadim didn't get Syed the first time, so maybe when he finds out, he could maybe kidnap Syed!"

Nina Wadia (Zainab Masood) has also recently called for the return of Qadim.

alan45
07-05-2010, 12:06
EastEnders star Laurie Brett has predicted that fans will be shocked by what is in store for Jane Beale and Masood Ahmed in the coming weeks.

The attraction between the pair will bubble to the surface again in next week's episodes as Masood (Nitin Ganatra) has a heart-to-heart with Jane and reminds her about the kiss they shared last year.

Masood's chat with Jane comes following the recent problems he has faced at home with wife Zainab (Nina Wadia) and troubled son Syed (Marc Elliott).

Speaking on This Morning, Brett teased: "The Masoods get about, you know? And Masood and Jane, the spark rekindles for the next few weeks and there's a possible very shocking outcome at the end of it."

The actress also confirmed that her character will eventually discover the truth about stepdaughter Lucy's (Melissa Suffield) abortion.

She said: "Jane thinks it was a miscarriage but it's not and it's going to cook and cook and come out."

alan45
09-05-2010, 18:00
Patsy Palmer has revealed that falling in love and becoming a mother brought an end to a 20-year battle with drink and drugs.

The EastEnders star told the Sunday Mirror that she still relies on addict support programmes to stay clean and sober.

Palmer, 37, said: "You can get dressed up and look great but inside you might be dying. I felt like that. In this business you can get away with murder. You try to make yourself look nice from the outside, but if you’re not feeling good inside, what’s the point?”

The actress joined EastEnders as Bianca Jackson aged 21, but admitted she was still going to all-night parties and binging on drink, cocaine and ecstasy at the time. She went on to reveal that she began drinking at 8, sniffed solvents at 11, and started snorting cocaine aged 13.

"Quite often, I'd party all night and go into work the next morning, just grabbing sleep on the set whenever I could. I don't know how I survived," she said.

Palmer said that marrying taxi driver Richard Merkell, 44, in 2000 provided the stability she needed to become sober. "We don't have drink in our house. Richard is a social drinker but he doesn't drink at home. I follow the 12-step programme from Alcoholics *Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous."

She continued: "Ask yourself, 'Is drinking and taking drugs stopping you from being the best person you want to be?’. And if the answer’s yes, it’s time to knock it on the head. Richard and I didn’t want that for our life. I didn’t want to be falling out of clubs. I wanted a settled home life and now I have."

alan45
11-05-2010, 17:49
EastEnders star Jo Joyner has expressed her love of motherhood but admitted that she is happy to be going back to work.

The mother-of-two - who gave birth to twins Edie and Freddie at the beginning of the year - returned to film one episode last week. She is due to make her full-time comeback in mid-July.

Speaking to Digital Spy on the red carpet at this year's British Soap Awards, she said of motherhood: "It's just been amazing. [The twins] are fantastic and I've loved every minute but it is nice to go back to work as well and... try to work out some kind of balance."

Reacting to the casting of her screen husband Jake Wood's new fictional love interest Zoe Lucker, she joked: "I know! Move over Jo! When I heard that she'd been cast, I thought that they would make a really good pairing, Max and Vanessa. I think they'll work really well together and I'm looking forward to seeing it on screen... Of course Tanya will be put out by it all."

sean slater
12-05-2010, 22:54
I never knew that of Patsy Palmer. You heard of Jessie Wallace and the woman who played Lynne Hobbs. But I dont remember anything being in the press about Palmer. It must have been very low key.
I dont know how Jo Joyner is going to juggle being a mother of baby twins and working on Eastenders, thats mad. I wouldnt be able to do that if it was me. I'd rather be at home.

Perdita
14-05-2010, 05:36
NEW EastEnders boss Bryan Kirkwood was star-struck when he met icons Barbara Windsor, 72, June Brown, 83, and Pam St Clement, 68.

The former Hollyoaks chief, 33, admitted: “It’s quite extraordinary to have people like them queueing up outside your office to see you.

“I’ve watched them on TV all my life and I’m a massive fan but you have to overcome that and realise you have a job to do.”

Bryan denies critics’ claims that he could turn the show into a version of Hollyoaks.

alan45
20-05-2010, 11:22
Rex Features
EastEnders returnee Lucy Benjamin has admitted that she does not usually watch the soap.

The actress stopped tuning into the BBC drama after bowing out from her role as Lisa Fowler in 2003.

However, Benjamin recently signed up to make a one-off Albert Square comeback, prompting her to try to catch up on events in Walford to prepare for the scenes.

The star's forthcoming plotline will see Lisa make an attempt to retrieve her daughter Louise (Brittany Papple) after the youngster was placed in the care of dad Phil (Steve McFadden).

Benjamin is quoted by The Mirror as saying: "I've not seen the show for such a long time. I tried to tune in to see what Louise looks like now, but I don't know who is who and what is what."

The 39-year-old added that she is excited over her comeback but would not want a full-time return. She said: "It's hard work… I don't miss that."

alan45
21-05-2010, 01:10
HERE'S something to set tongues wagging in Albert Square.
EastEnders co-stars Shona McGarty and Devon Anderson - who play on-screen lovers Whitney Dean and Billie Jackson - look to be pretty close away from the cameras too.

They walked with arms around each other during a filming break, with Devon, 23, stroking 18-year-old Shona's hair.

But they pulled away when they saw a camera while out with soap pals David Proud (Adam Best), Melissa Suffield (Lucy Beale) and Belinda Owusu (Libby Fox).

A show spokesman said they were just pals... but we don't think we've seen the Ender this.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2981487/EastEnders-lovers-Shona-McGarty-and-Devon-Anderson-look-like-an-item.html#ixzz0oWBEZE00

Katy
21-05-2010, 08:44
i thought that Devon was dating Nathalie Emmanuel who was his sister Sasha in hollyoaks, but maybe not.

Perdita
24-05-2010, 10:55
Former EastEnders star Chris Parker has reportedly been working with ex-criminals in a bid to stop them re-offending.

The actor, who played Walford's Spencer Moon, is thought to have taken on a mentoring role with charity Supporting Others Through Volunteer Action (SOVA).

According to the News of the World, the 26-year-old's voluntary commitments see him paying regular visits to young people who have recently left prison.

One of Parker's mentees told the newspaper: "The fact Chris has been a successful actor in the past inspires many people to stay out of trouble. And he tells us that doing it also keeps his feet on the ground. He is very popular with myself and a lot of the young people he works with."

Parker is said to be juggling his charity efforts with regular work as an actor and TV presenter.

A source said: "He is still doing stuff for the Disney Channel and has recently finished filming a British comedy film."

Perdita
27-05-2010, 16:46
EastEnders star Melissa Suffield has revealed that she would like Lucy Beale to get even nastier in the months ahead.

Speaking to Inside Soap, the actress suggested that Lucy should get worse by becoming more like dad Ian (Adam Woodyatt) and late mum Cindy (Michelle Collins).

Asked whether she would want Lucy to take on Cindy's traits, Suffield replied: "I would absolutely love that! I think Lucy is a different type of bad to Cindy, though, as she's got the potential to be more malicious and scheming.

"She's got a lot of Ian in her, too, so she's always calculating and wanting to make money. If you take all the bad parts of those two and stick them into one child, then Lucy could even prove to be the ultimate villain."

The 17-year-old added that she is not a fan of Lucy's softer side because she finds her bitchy moments more interesting.

She said: "I can't bear it when she has those little moments of being nice. I sit there thinking, 'No, no, get mean again'. That's the real Lucy, and the bit that's the most fun to play. It's so far removed from the real world and I absolutely love it. She's like one of those evil Disney villains!"

alan45
28-05-2010, 01:57
EASTENDER Lacey Turner is aiming to become a stage star - and could land the role of Eliza Doolittle.
Lacey, 22, who has played Stacey Branning for five years, is taking singing and elocution lessons in a bid to land a top West End role.

Pals reckon she'd be ideal as Eliza - the Cockney flower girl given speech lessons so she can pass as a lady in My Fair Lady.

One said: "Lacey wants to hit the ground running but not many lead roles would suit because she looks so young.

"Eliza would be perfect because of the Cockney accent."

Lacey quits Albert Square later this year.

alan45
01-06-2010, 22:42
Kara Tointon has revealed that she would like to return to EastEnders.

The actress, who was written out of the soap last year, has starred in a number of pantomimes since her departure.

She told RTÉ: "It was a fantastic job, the best ever, and a rare opportunity in terms of acting. I'm so glad my character wasn't killed off.

"At first it seemed like a holiday when I left but it didn't take long before I started to miss it all."

However, Tointon - who played Dawn Swann - did admit that her character was not involved in any exciting plots in the year before her exit.

"I'd been in the show for four years when I left last June. Dawn wasn't doing much at that point so I suppose it was a good time for her to go."

The star previously revealed her wish to return to the show at some point in the future.

megan999
03-06-2010, 17:47
Soap re-shoots Lucas plot
SOURCE: THE SUN ONLINE 3/6/10

EASTENDERS bosses have decided to re-shoot parts of a storyline involving Lucas Johnson after the recent murders of prostitutes in Bradford.

During episodes scheduled to be broadcast next week, the preacher, played by Don Gilet, was to be seen visiting a red light district and picking up a girl named Jade.

He was then to drive her to a remote location and force her to pray for forgiveness, before seemingly strangling her with his tie when she attempted to run away.

The soap will now change aspects of the story after PhD student Stephen Griffiths, 40, was charged the murders of three women.

A spokeswoman from the soap said: "EastEnders storylines are written many months in advance and any similarity to real life events is coincidental.

"However, on this occasion, to ensure we do not cause distress to the families involved in the recent tragic events in Bradford we have decided to re-shoot some parts of the storyline involving Lucas Johnson."

alan45
04-06-2010, 10:14
Preeya Kalidas has announced details of her debut single.

The former EastEnders star, who signed to Mercury Records at the end of 2009, will release 'Shimmy' on July 26.

The track features a rap from East London-based MC Mumzy Stranger.

"When we were in the studio and we started laying it down, building it, it just became so sassy. It's total escapism, a real brew of sexiness and ethnicity," Kalidas recalled in a press release.

"Having Mumzy on the record has given it a real energy and I hope people will really be able to relate to it."

'Shimmy' was written by Celetia Martin and Alex James and produced by Kalle Engstrom, who has previously crafted hits for Celine Dion and The Saturdays.

alan45
06-06-2010, 16:43
Actress Danniella Westbrook will once again return to EastEnders as Sam Mitchell, Digital Spy can confirm.

The 36-year-old - who recently finished fourth in this year's series of Dancing On Ice - makes her comeback in the summer for a handful of episodes.

Little is known about the circumstances surrounding Sam's reappearance in Walford, other than that she is released from prison harbouring grudges and "a big secret".

It is thought her return will coincide with Barbara Windsor's departure as Peggy Mitchell, after 15 years in the role.

Executive producer Bryan Kirkwood this afternoon told Digital Spy: "When Sam Mitchell is in Albert Square, trouble is never far behind. We last saw her heading for a stretch in prison and ostracised by her family. When she returns on her release, it's with a lot of grudges and a big secret."

He continued: "Danniella brings a lot of fun and mischief to the role of Sam and I'm looking forward to having her back where she belongs."

Westbrook reprised her role as Sam in April last year. On screen, the Mitchells attempted to hide her from the police but the law quickly caught up with her when she was arrested for trying to flee the country again.

While rekindling her romance with Ricky, Sam also had an affair with Jack Branning. She then became embroiled with Archie, who convinced her to skip bail and ultimately cause the Mitchells to lose The Vic.

She made a surprise return on Christmas Day ahead of Archie's murder and quickly became a suspect. However, on hearing her mother Peggy and brother Phil's plan to use her as a scapegoat, Sam turned herself in to the police.

In a final showdown with her mother, Sam rejected her mother and made it clear that she had no interest in the Mitchell name.

Dazzle
06-06-2010, 16:52
Maybe her reappearance will have something to do with Minty leaving. We know that he's in love with her, and it would be nice for him to have a happy ending.

alan45
07-06-2010, 16:03
Preeya Kalidas has predicted that people will be "surprised" when they hear the quality of her debut album.

The former EastEnders actress releases her first single 'Shimmy' on July 26, while the track's parent disc is expected to follow later in the year.

Speaking to the Sunday Mirror about her musical ambitions, Kalidas commented: "It's been years since a soap actress has managed to make that transition into the pop charts. But I've worked hard.

"I think people will be surprised with the album. I'm getting great feedback."

'Shimmy' features a rap from hip-hop star Mumzy Stranger. Kalidas has previously described the song as "so sassy" and a "real brew of sexiness and ethnicity".

The 29-year-old bowed out of EastEnders earlier this year and is currently signed to Mercury Records.

alan45
08-06-2010, 07:35
IT looks like the wedding is RON - as the Mitchells go shopping for a bride gown.

Ronnie, played by Samantha Womack, takes her sister Roxy (Rita Simons), evil mum Glenda Mitchell (Glynis Barber) and auntie Peggy (Barbara Windsor) with her to shop Magic Moments in scenes to air in EastEnders later this summer.
She proposed to Jack Branning (Scott Maslen) at his hospital bedside after he was shot and left unable to walk. She gave him a ring and told him they'd wed once he could get on one knee and walk down the aisle.
He's currently in a clinic trying to do just that. But weddings rarely go smoothly on the BBC1 soap - will she do a Ronner?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3003623/Getting-Mitched-Ronnie.html#ixzz0qEzc94xr

lizann
08-06-2010, 11:35
Actress Danniella Westbrook will once again return to EastEnders as Sam Mitchell, Digital Spy can confirm.

The 36-year-old - who recently finished fourth in this year's series of Dancing On Ice - makes her comeback in the summer for a handful of episodes.

Little is known about the circumstances surrounding Sam's reappearance in Walford, other than that she is released from prison harbouring grudges and "a big secret".

It is thought her return will coincide with Barbara Windsor's departure as Peggy Mitchell, after 15 years in the role.

Executive producer Bryan Kirkwood this afternoon told Digital Spy: "When Sam Mitchell is in Albert Square, trouble is never far behind. We last saw her heading for a stretch in prison and ostracised by her family. When she returns on her release, it's with a lot of grudges and a big secret."

He continued: "Danniella brings a lot of fun and mischief to the role of Sam and I'm looking forward to having her back where she belongs."

Westbrook reprised her role as Sam in April last year. On screen, the Mitchells attempted to hide her from the police but the law quickly caught up with her when she was arrested for trying to flee the country again.

While rekindling her romance with Ricky, Sam also had an affair with Jack Branning. She then became embroiled with Archie, who convinced her to skip bail and ultimately cause the Mitchells to lose The Vic.

She made a surprise return on Christmas Day ahead of Archie's murder and quickly became a suspect. However, on hearing her mother Peggy and brother Phil's plan to use her as a scapegoat, Sam turned herself in to the police.

In a final showdown with her mother, Sam rejected her mother and made it clear that she had no interest in the Mitchell name.

This is a spoiler so shouldnt it be in the spoiler thread

Perdita
11-06-2010, 10:28
EastEnders star John Partridge has vowed to embrace the ageing process, claiming that attempts to hold back the years can do more harm than good.

The 38-year-old, who plays Christian Clarke on the BBC soap, confessed that he has used Botox on one occasion in the past and was unimpressed by the results.

Partridge told Closer magazine: "After one jab of Botox, I'll never mess with my face again. Plastic surgery on men looks horrendous."

He added: "Women need to be careful too. What's wrong with ageing gracefully like Joanna Lumley? Heidi Montag's ruined her face by having so much surgery."

Partridge recently appeared as a judge on Andrew Lloyd Webber's talent search Over The Rainbow.

He sure soes not need Botox!!!

alan45
11-06-2010, 17:30
EastEnders star Liam Bergin has revealed that he would like to reprise his role as Danny Mitchell in the future.

The actor's final scenes in the role will air later this month following the decision to bring the character's story arc to a close.

Speaking to All About Soap about his alter ego's exit, Bergin teased: "His last few scenes are really emotional, and there's one final twist to the tale!

"I can't say whether Danny leaves Albert Square alone or with another character in tow - but his exit sums the character up perfectly."

Asked whether viewers have seen the last of the schemer, he replied: "Who knows? I've had the best time on EastEnders and I'd love to come back again sometime in the future. It's good because Danny's story is left on a cliffhanger, so he may well show his face again in Walford."

Bergin has previously had small roles in Doctors, Trinity and Five's Minder remake.

alan45
17-06-2010, 23:57
Jake Wood has said that he believes his EastEnders alter ego Max Branning "is his own worst enemy".

Speaking to Holy Soap, the actor also expressed "great affection" towards the troubled character.

He explained: "I think Max is his own worst enemy really, he always has been. His driving force is that he wants his family back and I think, more than anything else, he wants to be a good father.

"I think he missed out on that with his own son Bradley and that's left a gaping hole that he's struggling to fill."

Wood added: "I've got great affection for him. He's always well-intentioned but I think he makes the wrong choices. He can be weak, he's easily led when it comes to sex specifically. But underneath all the shenanigans, his heart is in the right place."

Jake Wood has praised Zöe Lucker for being a "fantastic addition" to the EastEnders cast.

The actor, who plays Max Branning in the soap, revealed that he enjoys good chemistry with the former Footballers' Wives actress. Lucker's character Vanessa Gold was confirmed earlier this year as Max's love interest.

Wood told Holy Soap: "I'd never met Zöe before, even though she's a friend of another good friend of mine, Kacey Ainsworth, and I think she's a fantastic addition to the show. She's fabulous in the part and we're having fun working together. It's been a joy."

Asked whether sexual scenes are embarrassing to film, he added: "No, you know, it's your job as an actor to make it seem as real as possible.

"He's not a shrinking violet, is he? There have been a few women over the years, but again it's just a job and everyone's professional."

Jake Wood has claimed that Lacey Turner is "right" to be leaving EastEnders.

The award-winning actor, who portrays Max Branning in the soap, also insisted that Turner - who plays Stacey Slater - has an "incredible future" ahead of her.

"I think the time's right for her as she's been here six years. She took a long time to come to that decision," he told Holy Soap.

"I think she'll do incredibly well and she wants to do other stuff for a while and I think she'll be successful doing that. She's an amazing actress and she's got an incredible future ahead of her."

It was announced in April that Turner will bow out of the serial later this year.

During their time together on screen, the pair have been heavily involved in the show's key storylines, such as their affair plot in 2007.

Meanwhile, Wood further paid tribute to the also-departing Maddie Duggan, who plays his on-screen daughter Lauren.

He added: "We all started off at the same time so we're very close. I'm very close with Maddie's family off screen and I've seen her a few times since she finished. We all stay in touch and I think again she's a fabulous actress and I think she'll do incredibly well."

Perdita
18-06-2010, 10:20
Justin Bieber has revealed that he was recently mistaken for EastEnders actor Thomas Law.

The Canadian star confessed that he was baffled when he was approached in the UK by a group of teenagers who were convinced that he played Walford's Peter Beale.

Bieber is quoted by The Sun as saying: "Some girls asked for my autograph and then said, 'We love you in EastEnders'.

"I'd never heard of the show. So I Googled the actor and I guess there are worse people to be compared with."

The 16-year-old, who is currently promoting latest single 'Somebody To Love', recently spoke of his desire to work with X Factor judge Cheryl Cole.

Perdita
18-06-2010, 14:40
EastEnders star Jake Wood has confirmed that he is keen to stick with the soap "far beyond" the conclusion of his current contract.

The actor has played Walford's Max Branning since 2006 and is currently committed to continue in the role until spring 2011.

Speaking to Holy Soap about his future on Albert Square, Wood revealed: "At the moment I'm contracted until next May so that will be five years. As I've said all along, I'm very happy here and I've got a big commitment to the show.

"As long as they're happy for me to be here I'm happy to stay. But at the moment it's just until next May, but I hope it will continue far beyond that."

The 37-year-old was also asked how he juggles his TV part with his real-life role as a father-of-two.

He replied: "You have to work hard to make it work. I've been there four years and it's worked up until now so there's no reason why it can't continue. There's a good balance at the moment."

Dazzle
18-06-2010, 16:51
I hope Max stays in EE for a long time.

megan999
19-06-2010, 16:52
I hope Max stays in EE for a long time.

Me too, IMO he's the best actor in EE.

Perdita
24-06-2010, 11:55
A child rapist has been jailed after an EastEnders storyline inspired one of his victims to inform police about his abuse.

Raymond Sharratt, 37, has been sentenced to 18 years behind bars after pleading guilty to two rapes and two indecent assaults on three girls, The Mirror reports.

The crimes were committed more than a decade ago, but it is understood that a conviction was only possible after one of the girls, now in her 20s, decided to break her silence after watching a hard-hitting EastEnders plot centring around Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty).

In 2008, it emerged that Whitney - then 15- had been subjected to sexual abuse by her stepmother Bianca's partner Tony King (Chris Coghill) for three years. The storyline concluded late last year when Tony was given a 13-year jail sentence.

Speaking of the Sharratt case, Detective Constable Catherine Thomas said: "It took great courage and determination to bring this man to justice."

Dazzle
24-06-2010, 17:00
Thank goodness - a child rapist actually receives a decent sentence.

moonstorm
25-06-2010, 08:21
Pity they didn't just cut his b***s off!

Perdita
29-06-2010, 12:34
EastEnders star Jo Joyner has offered her backing to a pet fostering scheme organised by dog welfare charity Dogs Trust.

The actress spoke out in support of the idea, called the Freedom Project, after being informed of how fears for a pet's safety can often prevent a domestic violence victim from seeking refuge away from home.

Under the Freedom Project, volunteers care for dogs while their usual owner concentrates on starting a new life away from an abusive partner. Those who accept the responsibility do not incur any costs as Dogs Trust provides pet food and covers any veterinary bills.

Speaking of the scheme, Joyner - best known as Walford's Tanya Branning - commented: "I've been lucky and haven't had first hand experience of domestic violence, but I was appalled to learn that pets can be used to intimidate and control victims in an abusive situation.

"Our family had rescue dogs when I was growing up and I can totally understand how victims of domestic violence could find it so hard to leave their pet, especially if they've been their only source of love and comfort in bad times. I'm appealing to animal lovers and asking them to consider becoming a foster carer."

The Freedom Project was set up six years ago and more than 700 pets have been fostered since then. Prospective carers must have experience with dogs and live in Greater London, Hertfordshire or Yorkshire.

Perdita
30-06-2010, 16:35
Digital Spy soaps editor Kris Green is to join the production team of EastEnders next month.

Kris, who has been with DS for more than seven years, will work as part of a new team of storyliners at the soap. The role will see Kris help develop future story arcs, in addition to storylining specific episodes.

Bryan Kirkwood, EastEnders executive producer, said of Kris's appointment: "If anyone knows what it takes to make a good soap storyline, it's Kris Green. He has been the audience's representative on Digital Spy for the last 7 years, so it's a real coup to have him on board the EastEnders storylining team. I'm really looking forward to working with him."

Neil Wilkes, Editor of Digital Spy, said: "I am terribly sad to see Kris leave us after all this time but couldn't be happier for him in landing this new role. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank him publicly for being an instrumental part of developing not only our soaps offering but also the shape of DS at large over the last decade. He's going to be an amazing addition to the 'Enders team - and if he has any sense, his first order of business will be to lobby for the return of Dr. Legg."

Kris said: "The past seven years with Digital Spy have been nothing short of incredible. It's been a privilege to work alongside such a hardworking and dedicated group of people who I'm proud to call my friends. In particular, I'd like to thank Neil Wilkes and James Welsh for affording me such a vast opportunity from the outset. I'll miss DS tremendously.

"I'd like to thank press officers, cast members, producers and most importantly readers for their continued support over the years.

"However, I'm so honoured to be joining the story team at EastEnders and to be working alongside some of the greatest minds in continuing drama. EastEnders is a national institution and I can't wait to embark on this exciting new challenge."

Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy's longest-serving reporter, will replace Kris as soaps editor from mid-July.

Perdita
06-07-2010, 07:31
IT’S handbags at dawn as gay soap stars John Partridge and Anthony Cotton launch a full-on bitch fight.

Partridge, 38, who plays Christian Clarke in EastEnders, branded Cotton’s Corrie character Sean Tully a “teatime gay”.

He also thinks Christian has got edgier storylines.

He said of his character: “What I didn’t want as a stereotype was what I call a teatime gay, the Sean Tully type.

“I’ve worked in theatre for 20 years and there are lots of queens in the West End that look and act like that.”

But Cotton, 34, hit back: “This is from a man who on the same day goes on Elaine Paige’s show and reveals how he hoovers dressed in a catsuit.”

moonstorm
06-07-2010, 09:38
Oh he can come roujd and hoover my floors any time

Perdita
06-07-2010, 11:50
Coronation Street star Antony Cotton has reportedly hit back at John Partridge after the EastEnders actor branded his Weatherfield character a "stereotype" of a homosexual man.

In a magazine interview earlier this year, Partridge admitted that he did not want his Walford alter ego Christian Clarke to be anything like Cotton's character Sean Tully, explaining that it was important to represent other members of the gay community.

Speaking at the time, Partridge remarked: "What I didn't want as a stereotype was what I call a teatime gay. The Sean Tully type of character is the reason my character is here.

"I've worked in theatre for 20 years and there are lots of queens in the West End that look and act like that."

According to the Daily Star, Cotton has now responded to Partridge's comments by saying: "This is from a man who on the same day goes on Elaine Paige's show and reveals how he hoovers dressed in a catsuit."

Partridge's character Christian is currently involved in a high-profile gay storyline with practising Muslim Syed Masood (Marc Elliott).

Perdita
06-07-2010, 17:20
Antony Cotton has denied that he is involved in a feud with EastEnders star John Partridge.

The Coronation Street actor responded to an earlier report that he had hit back at comments Patridge made earlier this year.

In a message on Twitter, he wrote: "And contrary to a report in the Daily Star - there is no war of words going on with me and Johnny Partridge. End of. As you were please..."

The 34-year-old also revealed that he was alarmed to be informed of a message calling for him to be shot.

"What you think of me is none of my business. But when a friend alerts me to a post requesting someone to shoot me I am naturally alarmed," he wrote.

Cotton previously used his Twitter to deny tabloid reports that he and co-star Katherine Kelly did not get on.

alan45
12-07-2010, 01:25
EASTENDERS star Barbara Windsor can't hide her disgust as a bird drops a nasty surprise over her hair and down the back of her neck.
Babs, 72, screamed: "It burns, get it off me," after the direct hit during a filming break.
A costume assistant rushed over to clean her up - but couldn't wipe the scowl off her face.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3049912/EastEnder-Barbara-Windsor-shocked-as-bird-dropping-lands-on-her-head.html#ixzz0tQIcZFKC

Chris_2k11
12-07-2010, 11:28
:rotfl:

JustJodi
12-07-2010, 11:54
Bawahahahahahahahhahahaa,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Chris_2k11
12-07-2010, 11:58
I bet alan posted this with a big grin on his face ha ha

JustJodi
12-07-2010, 12:00
he probably even hugged the seagull or birdie that did it and gave it the thumbs up bawahahah,,, he does love his POISON DWARF soooooooooo much LOL

alan45
13-07-2010, 23:47
Tamzin Outhwaite has said that she is unlikely to return to her role as Melanie Owen in EastEnders.

The actress, who is currently appearing in Sweet Charity in the West End, left the BBC One soap in 2002.

Speaking about the possibility of heading back to Albert Square, she told DS: "People always ask me, but I've never been asked! It looks like I'm turning it down on a yearly basis, but I'm not.

"They've never asked me! So they don't want me back for one and I don't have any family left on the show. There's nobody on the Square she knows, I don't even think any of Mel's friends are still in it... I could walk down the market and be an extra, I suppose!"

She added: "There's lots of other stuff I would like to do, but it would be great to just make a living out of doing what I'm doing right now with Sweet Charity and this new show Don't Stop Believing."

Outhwaite will appear as a judge on reality show Don't Stop Believing, which launches on Sunday at 7pm on Five.

Perdita
15-07-2010, 16:40
EastEnders star Samantha Womack has described Ronnie Mitchell as a "tragic heroine".

The actress told What's On TV that she expects things to continue to go wrong for her character.

"Ronnie's happier with Jack (Scott Maslen) in her life. He's the only one she's really opened up to. They're soulmates," she said.

"To marry Jack and have his kids is what Ronnie's always wanted. But she's a character who seems destined never to be happy. She's a tragic heroine.

"So, yes, the wedding could all go wrong..."

Dazzle
15-07-2010, 16:42
I'd really like Ronnie to find happiness with Jack, although I do understand why the writers want her to be tragic.

JustJodi
15-07-2010, 17:27
EastEnders star Samantha Womack has described Ronnie Mitchell as a "tragic heroine".

The actress told What's On TV that she expects things to continue to go wrong for her character.

"Ronnie's happier with Jack (Scott Maslen) in her life. He's the only one she's really opened up to. They're soulmates," she said.

"To marry Jack and have his kids is what Ronnie's always wanted. But she's a character who seems destined never to be happy. She's a tragic heroine.

"So, yes, the wedding could all go wrong..."

Probably Penny and Jacks ex wife will show up and wreck things for him ...she does deserve some happiness even if it is fleeting ...

Chloe O'brien
15-07-2010, 20:10
Bird pooing on you is supposed to be lucky. :D

Perdita
16-07-2010, 10:47
EastEnders star Himesh Patel has revealed that he is glad to be sharing more scenes with his screen brother Marc Elliott.

Speaking on This Morning, the actor praised forthcoming episodes which see his character Tamwar Masood supporting Elliott's alter ego Syed while the rest of the caterer's family struggle to accept his sexuality.

Patel explained: "That's been lovely to play because I get on with Marc really well and we were just looking forward to getting to do some stuff together, because mainly it was him and Amira, and Tamwar was off doing his own sort of thing.

"Now that they've put Tamwar in a position where he's the only real family member that Syed has left, it's great stuff."

Discussing the future of Syed's storyline, he said: "We've reached a new chapter in the story. When we last saw Syed, he thought he could cure himself of being gay, which is a bit silly really, but he was put in a position where he was completely desperate and he thought that what he was feeling wasn't right.

"But I think over the next few episodes, we're going to see him just come to terms with the fact that this is his life and there's nothing wrong with being Muslim and being gay."

Patel has previously described Syed's plot as "a really, really great step in the right direction".

Perdita
19-07-2010, 16:20
Former EastEnders star Mohammed George has accepted libel damages over a tabloid report which claimed that he had to be removed from the soap's 25th anniversary party.

George, who played Gus Smith in the BBC show, took legal action against Express Newspapers after the allegation was printed in the Daily Star Sunday earlier this year.

The article in question suggested that the actor was "turfed out" from the birthday bash by security guards after he arrived drunk and was aggressive towards BBC staff.

However, George's counsel Lucy Moorman told the High Court today that the newspaper now accepted the claims were "entirely untrue".

PA quotes Moorman as saying: "In particular, the defendant accepts that Mr George had not been drinking alcohol when he arrived at the party so he was not drunk, that he was not aggressive or threatening to anyone and that, although he left the party early, he did not have to be forcibly ejected."

Express Newspapers has apologised over the matter and agreed to pay George's legal costs along with undisclosed damages.

Perdita
21-07-2010, 16:16
The BBC has responded to complaints from EastEnders viewers unhappy with the treatment of the Qu'ran in recent episodes.

In a statement, the corporation confirmed that viewers have complained about the way Syed Masood (Marc Elliott) had slammed down the Qu'ran.

"As regular viewers will know, Syed has been struggling to come to terms with his sexuality for some time now," the BBC said.

"Desperate not to lose his family, Syed is trying to suppress his homosexuality and has vowed to read and learn from the Qu'ran in an attempt to reconnect with his Muslim faith, hoping that this will help him in his quest.

"Feeling unable to reconcile his feelings for another man with his religious beliefs, Syed slams down the Qu'ran in frustration."

The statement added: "It was not intended to be a disrespectful act, rather a totally spontaneous one, symbolic of Syed's utter confusion and frustration at what feels like an impossible situation.

"It wasn't our intention to cause any offence."

Last week, the BBC dismissed complaints that an ongoing EastEnders storyline featuring Lucas Johnson (Don Gilet) is offensive to Christians.

alan45
22-07-2010, 10:44
Tamzin Outhwaite has revealed that she would love to see a musical episode of EastEnders.

The actress bowed out of her role as Melanie Owen in 2002 but still has not ruled out a return to Albert Square.

She told the Daily Star that would not view going back as a "bad thing".

"I like the idea of going back sometimes," she said. "But I don’t know how Mel could though. I mean, she doesn't know anyone apart from Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt)!"

The actress, who is currently appearing as judge on Channel 5's Glee-inspired reality show Don't Stop Believing, admitted that she wants the BBC soap to do a musical episode.

"When I was in Hotel Babylon, they promised me they’d do one but it never happened. I think they missed a trick," she said.

"Now Glee is so popular, maybe it will happen. It would be amazing."

"Can you imagine Mel bursting into song in Albert Square with Ian?" she joked.

Perdita
24-07-2010, 07:35
S EastEnders' buxom Cheryl Fergison the only soap star visible on Google Earth?

Heather
You've been framed ... Cheryl Fergison

The street view website caught the larger than life actress, who plays bubbly Heather Trott, signing autographs for young fans in Sidcup, Kent.

Cheryl, 46, has been a busy girl online.

She recently revealed that she is to marry Moroccan toyboy Yassin Al-Jermoni, 25, after they met on a social networking site.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3065491/EastEnders-actress-Cheryl-Fergison-appears-on-Google-Earth.html#ixzz0uZxumgGS

alan45
28-07-2010, 15:58
In one poignant scene Kara, whose sister Hannah starred in Hollyoaks, is shown having difficulty reading in a bookshop.
Asked her reading age she replies: "About 12." BBC3's Danny Cohen said: "It's really brave of Kara to do this film. It's an issue not many people are comfortable talking about."
The programme, Kara Tointon - Don't Call Me Stupid, forms part of a challenging autumn series.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3071892/EastEnders-Kara-Tointon-bravely-admits-having-reading-age-of-12.html#ixzz0uzOUpPfY

moonstorm
28-07-2010, 22:17
Good for her!! My son is dyslexic and I feel very strongly about this.

tammyy2j
29-07-2010, 12:53
Albert Square is a long way from the Hollywood Hills, but Audrina Patridge has asked us to help her get there.

The Hills star said she would love a cameo on the soap.

She told us: "I really want to get into acting.

"Do you think you girls could help me get a job? I'd love to be in EastEnders. I love English TV shows."

She is over here to promote the Hills finale, which is on MTV on Sunday August 15. So we took the party girl out to Mahiki nightclub.

The boys were swarming all over her but Audrina wasn't interested.

She said: "I'm dating an Australian guy called Corey Bohan at the moment and it's the best it has ever been."

alan45
31-07-2010, 11:19
Hannah Waterman has dismissed claims that she split from her husband Ricky Groves because she had lost weight.

The former EastEnders actress lost nearly three stone after seeing unflattering photographs of herself last year. She soon separated from Groves amid suggestions that she thought she was too good for him.

Waterman told The Mirror: "The idea we split up and our marriage broke down just because I lost a couple of stone is ridiculous. There’s always going to be more than one reason why a couple splits up, but those reasons are between us. Ricky knows what happened, and so do I. To think I lost weight, I turned horrible, I dumped my husband, is stupid."

She also admitted that she wouldn't return to her previous weight, saying: “No. Absolutely not. My doctors told me I was unhealthy and that my weight meant I was at risk of heart disease and diabetes. I don’t think you should compromise your health for anyone."

Speaking of living the single life, she said: "Right now, I’m rediscovering my independence. I've never set up home on my own before so it’s exciting and I feel like I’m moving forward. I go off to work, come home and cook my own tea, and it feels easy. I think that’s a lifestyle I’m better suited to really - I like my work a lot. Maybe that was my problem all along.

"I definitely won’t be getting married again. It’s not in my make-up and the whole institution of marriage just doesn’t appeal to me. It’s not just a piece of paper, it’s a legal contract. You go in thinking it won’t be that different to living with someone, but it is.

"On the one hand the romantic notion of marriage is nice, and sometimes you do it with the idea you’ll have children and all that, but we didn’t. That’s sad but in a way it’s better we didn’t have kids because they’d have been stuck in the middle of it."

JustJodi
31-07-2010, 23:59
???????????????????????who is audrina partridge ??????????????????????

Perdita
04-08-2010, 14:13
Actress Barbara Windsor has been given the freedom of the City of London.

The 72-year-old was given the honour for her 60 years in showbusiness, at a ceremony on Wednesday.

She said: "This is a wonderful moment; the freedom to the best city in the world, and the one I was born in and love and adore."

There are no privileges to becoming freeman but it is given to celebrate a significant achievement or major contribution to London life.

Deputy Robin Sherlock, Chief Commoner of the City of London Corporation, said: "Whether making us laugh in the Carry On films or playing tense scenes in EastEnders, Barbara has won her way into our hearts and is one of this country's best loved actresses."

Driving sheep

Windsor has made many film, stage and television appearances but she is best known for the Carry On films and playing Peggy Mitchell in EastEnders. She is due to leave the programme after 16 years.

She has also received BBC Television Personality of the Year, best actress and lifetime achievement awards and was awarded an MBE in 2000.

The Freedom of the City of London is believed to have begun in 1237 and enabled recipients to carry out their trade.

Today, people are nominated, or apply for, the freedom because it offers them a link to the historic City of London and one of its ancient traditions.

However, many of the so-called traditional privileges associated with the freedom, such as driving sheep over London Bridge, being hanged with a silken rope, or being drunk and disorderly in the City of London without fear of arrest, no longer exist.

BBC News

alan45
04-08-2010, 17:30
Stone the crows, watta bleedin liberty, cor luvaduck, would you Adam and Eve it that someone has decided that the Poison Dwarf should be made a Freeman of The City of London. They must have been Brahams and Liszt to give it to an Orse and Cart who appears in a second rate Faith and Hope. They must have been on the Mahatma Ghandi. They should send for the Sweeny Todd as obviously they are having a Giraffe.

Famous Honorary freemen include The Queen, Princess Diana, Nelson Mandela, Florence Nightingale, General Eisenhower, Theodore Roosevelt and Winston Churchill and I hardly think Ms Windsor compares with any of them

Perdita
06-08-2010, 10:33
EastEnders star Charlie Brooks has said that her character Janine Butcher is genuinely in love with on-off boyfriend Ryan Malloy.

In next week's episodes of the BBC soap, Janine stuns Ryan by asking him to marry her - a surprise move which leaves other Walford residents questioning her intentions.

However, speaking to Inside Soap, Brooks commented: "The idea of getting hitched again is a bit daunting for Janine, but I think that deep down she really only wants to be with Ryan.

"It's easy to assume that Janine is playing games or using him for sex, but I reckon she actually is in love with him. And Ryan clearly adores her too, so he may be the man to tame her wild ways."

However, Brooks also hinted that there could be trouble ahead for the couple if Janine ever discovers that Ryan is the father of Stacey Branning's baby daughter Lily.

She said: "Janine will be absolutely destroyed when she finds out. She wants Ryan all to herself, and the idea of a baby snatching his attention away would be devastating. All she needs is to be loved."

alan45
06-08-2010, 16:55
Soap newcomer Jacqueline Jossa has taken over the role of Lauren Branning in EastEnders, Digital Spy can reveal.

Lauren - who was last seen making plans to attend a summer camp in the US - will return to Albert Square later this year and waste no time in letting everyone know that she's now all grown-up.

While the tough teenager looks set to stir up some trouble in Walford after making her comeback, viewers will also see her softer side as she searches for love in her life.

Lauren's keen to find a guy with the right personality rather than judging on looks - but will Max and Tanya's daughter manage to find someone who can sweep her off her feet?

Jacqueline Jossa as Lauren Branning

Speaking of her casting, Jossa commented: "I was so excited when I got the call to say I'd got the part in EastEnders. I've always been a massive fan of the show and it's a dream come true. The character of Lauren Branning will be really fun to play and there are some exciting things coming up."

EastEnders' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood added: "Maddie Duggan did a great job of playing the young Lauren Branning, and we wish her the very best of luck for the future. I'm delighted to welcome Jacqueline Jossa to Albert Square. Jacqueline's portrayal of Lauren has all the classic Branning qualities of toughness, cynicism and sensitivity. Jacqueline is set to be at the heart of Walford drama for some time to come."

As announced in June, new faces will also take over in the roles of Ben Mitchell and Lucy Beale later this year.

http://i2.cdnds.net/10/31/550w_soaps_eastenders_jacqueline_josser.jpg

Dazzle
06-08-2010, 17:07
I didn't realize they were re-casting Lauren Branning. Quite a few of the young roles have been re-cast, which can only be a good thing. I hope EE bosses have taken care to cast people who are decent actors.

Ruffed_lemur
08-08-2010, 16:02
A bit confusing though with 3 ( I think? ) replacements!

alan45
09-08-2010, 02:36
ALBERT Square misery Heather Trott wails as her baby's christening Enders in tears.

Party pooper ... Minty
BBC
Heather, played by Cheryl Fergison, had been playing happy families with Minty (Cliff Parisi) in the run-up to baby George Michael's big day.
But when Heather leaves the church, she catches Minty in a passionate embrace with Sam Mitchell (Danniella Westbrook).
Heather scarpers, leaving her guests stunned in scenes airing on the BBC1 soap next month.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3086790/ALBERT-Square-misery-Heather-Trott-wails-as-her-babys-christening-Enders-in-tears.html#ixzz0w4IjE65j

alan45
09-08-2010, 15:39
Perry Fenwick has admitted that he is "absolutely delighted" after celebrating his 1,000th episode of EastEnders.

The Daily Mirror reports that the Billy Mitchell actor is one of only a few members of the BBC soap's cast to reach the milestone appearance.

"Seeing as I was originally signed up for four episodes, 996 episodes later, I still haven't been found out," Fenwick said.

"I'm absolutely delighted and can't wait to tell my mum."

Fenwick made his first appearance in the show in November 1998.

The 48-year-old's 1,000th episode, which sees Billy in a scene with Jay (Jamie Borthwick), was shot on Friday and will air later in the autumn.

EastEnders executive producer Bryan Kirkwood added: "Billy is the most lovable loser on British TV and despite a thousand episodes of bad luck, the audience are still willing him to succeed."

Perdita
09-08-2010, 15:39
EastEnders star Perry Fenwick has revealed details of his first ever encounter with the soap's veteran actress June Brown.

The actor, who plays Billy Mitchell on the Walford soap, admitted that he had a humorous exchange with Brown (Dot Branning) during his first day on set 12 years ago.

Speaking on The Paul O'Grady Show, Fenwick explained: "I was just outside and June was there having a fag. She says to me, 'Oh who are you then?' I replied, 'Perry Fenwick'. She then says, 'Where you from?' I replied, 'The East End'.

"Then she says, 'Who you playing?' I replied, 'Billy Mitchell'. 'Oh no,' she replied, 'not another Mitchell!'"

Tonight's episode of The Paul O'Grady Show will see the chatshow host paying tribute to EastEnders. As well as Fenwick and Brown, Belinda Owusu (Libby Fox), Don Gilet (Lucas Johnson), David Proud (Adam Best) and Charlie G. Hawkins (Darren Miller) are also guests on the programme.

The Paul O'Grady Show airs at 5pm on Channel 4.

Perdita
13-08-2010, 12:08
Tamzin Outhwaite has revealed that she would consider returning to EastEnders if the opportunity arose.

The 39-year-old actress, who is currently working as a judge on Five talent show Don't Stop Believing, played Melanie Owen in the Albert Square serial between 1998 and 2002.

She told Holy Soap: "I've never officially been asked. I wouldn't see it as a bad thing but, at the moment, it's not something that I'm looking into."

However, the star added: "I don't know how Mel would return because there's no-one there for her to return to. She doesn't really know anyone apart from Ian Beale and Phil Mitchell. So unless she was coming back to see one of them..."

alan45
15-08-2010, 14:11
EastEnders star Glynis Barber has revealed that she never intentionally played her character Glenda Mitchell as a "baddy".

The actress told Inside Soap that she tries her best to give a genuine performance, often resulting in her character being portrayed as a devious person.

She said: "Viewers say to me, 'Oh she's an absolute bitch,' before telling me how much they love her. What's funny is that I've never played Glenda as a baddy. But the more genuine I try to make her, the more devious she appears to the audience!"

Speaking of Glenda's daughter Ronnie being abused by her father, she added: "I found it a very difficult thing to get my head around, because if Glenda knew her child was being hurt all along, then she's a complete monster.

"So the way I played it was to try to justify why she pushed aside the uneasy feeling she had about what was taking place. She didn't want to think about anything that horrible."

Perdita
16-08-2010, 09:14
John Yorke has claimed that EastEnders loses 5,000 viewers every time a "bad episode" is aired.

The BBC controller of drama production told The Guardian that the soap had to maintain standards as it faced tough competition for viewers.

"I can't remember a time when it's been more competitive," he said. "25 years ago there was little to draw your attention away from the soaps but now it's not just the multitude of other channels and the internet we're competing with, it's everything else too."

He continued: "Back in the day, everything used to shut at 6pm and that's just not the case any more; people simply have more social lifestyles. There has been a decline in soap audiences just as there has been a decline in channel share but as a rule of thumb, I don't panic unless EastEnders's audience declines more than channel share."

However Yorke admitted that ratings timeshifts had seen a "massive change" as "for anyone under 25, the main viewing platform is less likely to be TV".

"We've been getting audiences of 1.5 million on BBC3 as well as over 1m requests on iPlayer regularly," he added. "Viewing isn't about habit any more: you have to work hard to attract an audience. The audience is still there - the 20 million viewers we got for our 25th anniversary episode proved that - but we've got to be better than we've ever been.

"I believe that every time you put out a bad episode you lose 5,000 viewers who never come back."

alan45
18-08-2010, 01:34
JUNE Brown has revealed the secret to her eternal youth - the Hay Diet.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3100608/June-Brown-reveals-secret-to-her-eternal-youth-the-Hay-Diet.html#ixzz0wugXwfdfThe 83-year-old, who plays Eastenders' chain-smoking Dot Cotton, says that for years she has stuck to the regime which forbids meals combining protein and carbohydrates.
June says: "You can eat all sorts of lovely things like cream and cheese, but you just don't mix protein and carbohydrates in the same meal."
The actress, who does yoga stretches every morning, also eats almonds each day because she says the folic acid in them is good for fighting cancer.
And she revealed: "I never touch sugar because it's poison."
Sprightly June vowed to keep playing Dot for as long as she can.
Asked about retiring from the BBC1 soap, she insisted: "Not while my brain's in order and I can remember my lines and walk and talk."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3100608/June-Brown-reveals-secret-to-her-eternal-youth-the-Hay-Diet.html#ixzz0wugHI2Lc

alan45
18-08-2010, 01:36
John Yorke has claimed that EastEnders loses 5,000 viewers every time a "bad episode" is aired.

"I believe that every time you put out a bad episode you lose 5,000 viewers who never come back."

If that were the case there would be no-one watching the terminally depressing Deadenders

alan45
18-08-2010, 14:14
Kelly Brook has revealed that she would like to appear in EastEnders.

The model and actress is currently promoting her new movie Piranha 3D but admitted that she is not taking her acting career "too seriously".

"This industry can be so fickle, one minute you're up and then you're down," she told PA.

"I think you just have to really embrace it and enjoy what you do, not really take it too seriously and realise its not forever. Just enjoy it for what it is."

However, Brook said that she has aspirations to appear in one of the soaps.

"I'd love to do something like that," she admitted. "I'm here doing this stuff but I'm up for being in EastEnders or Coronation Street."

Brook, who says she is currently enjoying her "naked month", went on to speak about her role in the upcoming comedy horror flick.

"It was pretty easy in terms of getting the job because I was just sitting in a restaurant having dinner with my friends and the director spotted me and asked me to come along and audition for me that part," she said. "Coming to America and doing the movie, doing all this stuff, that's where the hard work comes in."

Brook recently said that she was "serious" about her career and approached every job with "professionalism and enthusiasm".

alan45
18-08-2010, 23:19
June Brown has admitted that she is missing having Barbara Windsor on the set of EastEnders to gossip with.

Windsor announced that she was leaving the BBC soap after 16 years last October. She filmed her final scenes in July.

Speaking to OK, Brown said: "Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell) said to me just the other day, 'June, are you missing Barbara?' and I said yes."

She continued: "She was always coming in for a coffee. We get on very well, she makes me laugh, gives me all of the gossip and she's extremely intelligent."

The 83-year old actress, who plays Dot Cotton, revealed that Windsor has invited her on holiday.

"She has asked me to go and stay with her at her place in the Mediterranean so hopefully I'll be able to do that."

June Brown has admitted that her EastEnders character Dot Cotton is a "hypochondriac".

The 83-year-old actress told OK that the religious pensioner is prone to over-exaggeration.

"She's a hypochondriac," she said. "When she thought she had cancer it turned out to be a boil and when she swallowed chewing gum she was worried it would get entwined in her intestines, which is not like me at all."

Brown confessed that like Dot, she is a heavy smoker in real life. However, she said that she does not pay attention to the health risks associated.

"I don't count how many cigarettes I smoke," she said. "I think the worry is the dangerous thing.

"I don't want to read all those nasty messages. I'm convinced that my mother's cancer, which she died from, was caused by anxiety and stress. It's dangerous to worry, it's dangerous to fear."

Ruffed_lemur
20-08-2010, 18:16
June Brown is 83! Never thought she was that old.

megan999
25-08-2010, 17:19
June Brown is 83! Never thought she was that old.

I know! She looks great for her age, and a great actor too. I love Dot :D

Perdita
26-08-2010, 11:27
Don Gilet has revealed that he is to star in a pantomime of Aladdin this Christmas.

The actor, best known for portraying killer Lucas Johnson in EastEnders, will play the wicked sorcerer Abanazar at Bromley's Churchill Theatre, reports The Sun.

The 42-year-old said: "If you thought Lucas was evil, he's got nothing on Abanazar. I can't wait to hear all the boys and girls booing at me."

Gilet joins Melinda Messenger in the production, due to open on December 3.

Last month, Gilet was forced to defend his character's storyline in EastEnders after the BBC received complaints that the Johnson plot was offensive to Christians.

alan45
26-08-2010, 18:46
Lacey Turner has admitted that EastEnders' Stacey Branning will never forgive Becca Swanson if she finds out that she betrayed Bradley.

Becca's (Simone James) secret has so far remained undiscovered but Turner told What's On TV that that was about to change, as Becca herself reveals all to Stacey's mother Jean (Gillian Wright).

"It's actually quite chilling, Jean's scared," she said. "Becca tells Jean that Stacey is hers now."

Turner revealed that viewers would see Becca convince Stacey to wash away her medication.

"She encourages Stacey to believe that without the medication she'll be able to feel proper emotions again and will appreciate the joys of being with Lily more," she said. "Becca tells her the pills are the doctors' way of controlling her."

She also said that Stacey does not "for a moment" consider that Becca is lying.

"Becca's messing with Stacey's life more and more but Stacey can't see it," she added.

Of how Stacey would react if she discovered Becca's betrayal, Turner teased: "There will be no forgiveness."

It was announced in April that both Turner and Wright are to exit the BBC soap

Perdita
28-08-2010, 18:39
16.58: Welcome to live coverage of EastEnders at 25: A Masterclass, discussing how the soap is written, produced and directed - focusing on the live episode in February. BBC Three controller Danny Cohen hosts the panel: Simon Ashdown, writer; Charlie Clements, actor; Scott Maslen, actor; Diederick Santer, MD Lovely Day; John Yorke, controller BBC Drama Production.

17.03: A montage of EE's best moments. Altogether now: "Yes I aaaaaam!"

17.08: DS: The idea for the live episode came about because the team decided to have a murder at Christmas and the reveal of the whodunit in February. Grappling with the issue of protecting the secret, the team agreed to not tell anyone else until the night of a live episode in order to ensure it could not possibly leak.

17.11: JY: Very hard to keep a secret, things always end up sneaking out - like who shot Phil. The live episode seemed like a great idea.

DS: 6 people knew, the director knew that week and the actors knew just before the episode knew just before it went up.

17.15: Discussing how they decided which character committed the murder, Simon Ashdown explains: "Had a list of the cast and went down it to create that 'shiver' moment. Janine could have done it but she's killed before; we settled on Peggy, but then we found out that Barbara Windsor had decided to leave. Like most of these ideas it just appeared as a notion... we settled on Stacey. It gave us loads of story afterwards."

17.19: "It felt good" to be at the centre of the storyline, says Clemets. "Didn't get the script for ages, there was a real buzz about it. Put my money on Ryan as he was in love with Janine."

17.20: Secrecy was an added burden during the writing process, says Ashdown. In terms of the live episode, the logistics of how the actors could physically move from one location to another had to be taken into account. "It was a massive jigsaw puzzle."

17.21: DS says he wanted as many cast in the show as possible and have the episode be "as buzzy as possible". The line producer had produced two live eps of The Bill and supported the desire to be ambitious.

17.23: John Yorke: "There was a backup tape, but that would have been a disaster."

17.24: JY reveals an actor called the night beforehand and ranted down the phone. "They were letting off the terror of what you guys were facing," he said.

17.25: DS - the dress run went okay but they did some editing on the script. "I cheerfully issued the changed scenes to the actors and they all went kind of nuts. It was my mistake; I hadn't appreciated the extent to which the rehearsals and script had been agreed and that was their comfort blanket. We, er, had a conversation."

17.26: Scott Maslen: "No-one really knew what it was. No-one knew the sort of pressure of live because it hadn't been done before."

17.27: CC says he preferred having the opportunity to rehearse for this episode; normally, rehearsals are not part of the process at EastEnders.

17.28: There were three dress rehearsals but not all went to plan. We see a clip where the police car crashes.

17.29: DS rang JY to tell him that Lacey Turner lost her voice. "The doctor says she won't be able to speak for 2.5 weeks." They knew she was the killer; nobody else did. They got "the best throat specialist in the country" to look at Turner's throat; Yorke went to Jay Hunt to explain. Turner was not allowed to speak during rehearsals... cue amusing clips showing various crew standing in for her as the other actors nail down the dialogue.

17.34: DS called multiple people into his office so that people in the corridor wouldn't see Turner going in to get the news that she was going to be the killer. "It's you," he told her. She immediately started thinking about the scene - 10 different endings had been rehearsed.

17.36: The topic turns to Scott Maslen's experience at live episodes. He explained - given his slight slip on the night, which he and the audience are treated to seeing again - that "it was a space and time moment". "I was about to say 'can we go again' as we normally do... but then it came back. It was horrible, it lasted for a month, waking up and saying 'I know the line'."

17.39: Charlie Clements on his last-ever appearance in EastEnders. "I was so scared about running up and down and then playing dead... I was knackered. I was worried about holding my breath and being still."

17.44: We see footage of CC on BBC Three after the live episode came off air on One. SM explains CC had been holding it together all the way through - emotional because of it being his last episode. It didn't register when crew informed him Stacey was the killer.

17.46: Cuts of other characters coming to view the scene of Bradley lying on the ground were put in to cover the arrangements and removal of equipment.

17.47: DS reveals that Rita Simons jumped forward in the script, and that Barbara - "60 years in showbiz, doesn't use much of Simon's dialogue, has played the character for so long, pulls the show back into where it should be".

17.49: JY: Finding the next big reinvention of the genre will take a couple of years.

Now follows a preview of September scenes: Phil sets fire to the Queen Vic, which subsequently explodes in a sequence of huge fireballs; Alfie and Kat return to the Slater family.

17.54: JY responds to Tony Warren's comments from earlier today: "Coronation Street should probably credit General Hospital", jokes John Yorke. "No, they were there first and I respect them an awful lot. Of course we probably wouldn't be there without them."

17.55: DS: The backup plan, should Turner's voice not return, would be that her big scenes would have been dropped in on tape. "It would have just felt compromised."

18.00: DS always wanted to bring Kathy and Cindy Beale back - "but both characters were dead. Further shark jumping." SA would bring back David Wicks.

Perdita
29-08-2010, 05:16
Scott Maslen has admitted that he felt "horrible" for a while after his slip-up on EastEnders Live.

Maslen, 39, fluffed his lines on the 25th anniversary episode, despite being the only actor to have previously starred in a live edition of a serial during his time on The Bill.

Speaking at the Edinburgh TV Festival, he said: "It was a space and time moment. I was about to say 'Can we go again?' as we normally do... but then it came back. It was horrible, it lasted for a month, waking up and saying 'I know the line'."

Diederick Santer, the show's former executive producer, also revealed that Rita Simons (Roxy Mitchell) jumped ahead in the script on the night.

Dazzle
29-08-2010, 10:52
Scott Maslen has admitted that he felt "horrible" for a while after his slip-up on EastEnders Live.

Aww, bless him. It must have been horrible to have made the most obvious mistake.

Chloe O'brien
29-08-2010, 19:45
Didn't he fluff up when he was on The Bill and they did the live episode.

Perdita
29-08-2010, 19:51
So they say

alan45
29-08-2010, 21:33
EastEnders actress Gillian Wright has praised the relationship between Jean and Stacey - and labelled it "unique".

The actress first appeared as Jean in 2004, the mum of troubled Stacey (Lacey Turner), and both actresses bow out of the soap this year.

Gillian told Inside Soap: "Her relationship with Stacey is unique. Not just because they both live with bipolar disorder, either.

"There's a lot of comedy and they really care for each other. It's all a bit strange at times, but there's a huge amount of love as well."

Gillian said she has no idea what her exit plot holds, but hopes to be offered "something different" for her next role.

Perdita
01-09-2010, 15:43
EastEnders actor Sid Owen has confirmed his plans to marry long-term partner Polly Parsons.

The soap star revealed in an interview with OK magazine that he got engaged six months ago during a holiday in Barbados.

"I didn't have a ring so I got this guy on the beach to make one out of beads in the reggae colours, as I love my reggae, and I put that in my back pocket and we swam out [to a raft] and I proposed," he said.

Owen and Parsons met four years ago when they both starred in panto Snow White. However, they spent some time apart earlier this year when plans for a wedding this September "became too much" for the couple.

"It was getting ridiculous. We had about a thousand people coming," said Parsons. "It would have been about everyone else - now we've had time apart, we know what's important. It just started to get out of hand and it scared me.

"We had some time apart. But it made us appreciate each other and realise we wanted to be together."

The duo are now planning their nuptials for 2011 and are considering possible venues in France or Barbados.

Perdita
01-09-2010, 17:58
Michelle Collins has admitted that she is glad EastEnders killed off Cindy Beale.

The actress told What's On TV that she would "probably" have made a return to the BBC soap if the character had been kept alive. Cindy died off screen giving birth in 1998.

"I think Cindy being dead is a good thing," she said. "It removes any temptation to go back.

"I probably would've gone back by now if she were not dead. I look back with fondness and she's become almost iconic, but it was 14 years ago now."

Collins will appear alongside former EastEnders cast member Michael French in BBC hospital drama Casualty. She confessed that they had been nervous about filming scenes together.

"The last time we worked together we were doing rude things in a Portakabin as Cindy and David!" she said. "I think we were both a bit nervous to be honest. It was nice though, he said I'd aged quite well and I said he'd aged quite well too."

She added: "There's no sexual tension this time!"

Perdita
02-09-2010, 05:01
EASTENDER Barbara Windsor is having a pop at the charts - as bosses plan to release Peggy Mitchell's exit song on iTunes.

Peggy leaves this month with a reworking of the soap's theme tune written especially for her.

In 1986 Angie Watts actress Anita Dobson got to No4 with her version of the song using lyrics: "Anyone can fall in love... "

A source told TV Biz: "It would be amazing to get EastEnders back in the charts."

Perdita
03-09-2010, 14:48
Ex-EastEnders actor Nigel Harman has joined the cast of Shrek: The Musical, it has been announced.

Harman, who played Dennis Rickman in the BBC soap, will take on the role of Lord Farquaad in the West End production.

The title role of Shrek will be played by Four Lions star Nigel Lindsay, BBC News reports.

The production's producers Bill Damaschke and Caro Newling said that the actors "blew us away with their audition performances". They are continuing to cast a further 28 roles.

In July, it was announced that Amanda Holden and RIchard Blackwood had signed on as Princess Fiona and Donkey respectively.

Shrek: The Musical is scheduled to open at the Theatre Royal on Drury Lane in May 2011.

Perdita
05-09-2010, 12:01
EastEnders star Emer Kenny has revealed that the door has been left open for her to return to the soap.

It was announced in May that the actress, who plays Zsa Zsa Carter, would be leaving the show, and she admitted that saying goodbye had been emotional.

Speaking of her exit, she told PA: "All I can say is it's a very Zsa Zsa ending and it suits the character. The door is open, which is very nice - I'd absolutely consider going back.

"It was really emotional. It's just like leaving behind a massive family. I really miss it - but onwards and upwards."

Kenny also discussed her part in writing the second series of EastEnders: E20, saying: "I really wanted it to start with a bang. As soon as you come in it's exciting, there's sex and romance and kissing. I wanted it to be really fresh."

She added that she has a part in the first episode of the new series, along with her former co-stars: "It's just a tiny moment," she said. "I don't play a significant part. I just wanted to have the old one coming into contact with the new one and the passing the baton."

Perdita
08-09-2010, 19:20
Barbara Windsor will reportedly feature in a new advertising campaign just minutes after her final appearance in EastEnders.

PA reports that Windsor will play the 'Queen Of Bingo' in the adverts for a bingo website. She will also be heard using the giggle she made famous in the Carry On movies.

"EastEnders marks the end of one of the happiest chapters of my life but I'm really excited about the future - the giggle is back for good," she said. "Long live the 'Queen Of Bingo'!"

It was not confirmed which day the first commercial will air, but it will be shown on ITV1 15 minutes following the 73-year-old's last episode of EastEnders.

alan45
08-09-2010, 19:41
ALREADY POSTED

http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?101655-Actress-Windsor-quits-EastEnders!&p=727502#post727502

Perdita
11-09-2010, 14:28
EastEnders star Scott Maslen has revealed that he would like his character Jack Branning to marry Ronnie Mitchell (Samantha Womack).

The actor told Inside Soap that he thinks the pair would have a dramatic life together and predicted that they would become a "bickering old couple".

He said: "I'd like him to marry Ronnie. And then I'd like Jack to build a panic room to keep Ronnie in! She's a bit of a bunny boiler. She's not well - she's never dealt with the issues from her past.

"A wedding would be fun because I've never had a soap one. I expect there'll be a lot of drama and a bit of philandering.

"Jack and Ronnie are great together. I reckon they'll be one of those bickering old couples like my nan and granddad."

Speaking of Ronnie's pregnancy, he added: "Something has to go wrong with the pregnancy doesn't it? In fact, I think the viewers would be a little bit offended if it didn't and Jack and Ronnie's life became normal, without problems or trauma.

"I always expect the unexpected for them - to be honest, I'd start to panic if everything was hunky dory."

Perdita
14-09-2010, 11:16
BBC soap EastEnders has denied reports that rapper 50 Cent is to make a cameo appearance in the show.

A tabloid newspaper today claims that 50 - real name Curtis Jackson - will film a one-off spot on the drama within the next six months after "weeks of talks" with bosses.

The rumour surfaced after the hip-hop star revealed that he is a fan of Barbara Windsor's iconic character Peggy Mitchell, who bowed out of Albert Square on Friday night.

50 is quoted as saying: "I really wanted Peggy to throw me out of her pub, but I didn't get it organised quick enough and it's too late now.

"I've performed with Eminem and Justin Timberlake, acted with De Niro and Pacino, had a guest spot on The Simpsons - in the US a sign you've made it to the very top - but I can't fulfil my biggest showbiz dream."

Dismissing suggestions that the star will soon be filming at Elstree, an EastEnders spokesperson told DS: "We're flattered he's a fan, but there have been no talks about him appearing in the show."

Reports suggest that 50 became aware of EastEnders after his footballer friend Rio Ferdinand introduced him to the soap.

Perdita
15-09-2010, 05:48
ACTRESS Charlie Brooks reckons on-screen hubby Ryan Malloy (Neil McDermott, 29) has changed her conniving character's ways.

Charlie, 29, plays serial gold-digger Janine Butcher.

But BBC1 star Charlie said: "It's the first time she doesn't try to make money out of a man."

The Sun

Perdita
25-09-2010, 05:02
EASTENDERS' Rita Simons is getting into the spirits of her new role - running her own pub for a BBC Three show.

The actress - whose character Roxy has worked in the Queen Vic for three years - is spending a week at the boozer for the programme, Beyond Walford.

Just like the Vic, it's at the heart of its East End community.

Rita, 33, has been pulling pints, changing barrels and listening to regulars drown their sorrows.

She said: "It's been an insight seeing what it's like to run a real pub.

"I just hope I don't get carried away and start barring people - as Roxy does."

Beyond Walford will air later this year.

The Sun

Perdita
26-09-2010, 05:57
Jessie Wallace is loving life back on the Square - but her new slimline figure has posed a couple of problems for the costume department.

The soap star, who returned as tarty Kat Slater on EastEnders last week, said: "I've had to hoist my boobs up because I've none left."

Jessie, who celebrated her 40th birthday yesterday, slimmed down to a size 10 by running three miles a day.

Also in EastEnders

EastEnders boss Bryan Kirkwood plans to make the show happier, we can reveal.

The executive producer is fed up with everyone thinking the show is constantly miserable - so he wants to turn Albert Square into Albert Cheer. Kirkwood intends to make the BBC1 show's characters get on better with one another.

And he's basing his success on the views of cabbies. He told a friend: "I want to get in a taxi and not have the driver say to me, 'I don't watch it because it's too miserable'."

And a source told us: "It's about time something was done to cheer up folk in Walford."

alan45
26-09-2010, 17:15
BBC soaps such as EastEnders and Holby City are facing swingeing budget cuts as the National Audit Office examines the Corporation’s books.
Actors’ fees and outdoor filming could be slashed as BBC bosses look for big savings off the £200million drama budget.
The accountants moved into Albert Square at the start of the summer for a six-month investigation and will report to the BBC Trust early next year.

The cutbacks could threaten the very survival of some shows, such as Doctors.
The audit will cover everything from casting to spectacular plot lines, such as the recent fire in the Queen Vic. It will also look at how much time is spent rehearsing and at production schedules. An EastEnders source warned: “It’s going to hit morale.”
Although the BBC Trust will publish the report, individual actors’ fees will be kept secret despite the Government’s wish that the Corporation be more transparent. Soap actors can earn up to £200,000 a year.
A BBC Trust spokesman said: “Talent fees are an editorial decision rather than related to the value-for-money study.”
The National Audit Office said: “The study will examine how well the BBC is managing the cost of producing continuing drama. It will consider how resources are allocated and costs controlled.”
Meanwhile, ITV is spending a rumoured £2million killing off several Coronation Street characters in a tram disaster in a spectacular 50th anniversary episode.

alan45
27-09-2010, 11:52
Nina Wadia is used to fans getting hot under the collar over Zainab Masood's homophobic attitude towards gay son Syed.

But it's another kettle of fish entirely when they praise her for it.

Describing the public reaction, Nina told Metro: "I walked past some builders in Southall who told me to the give the characters Syed and Christian a good hiding and teach them a lesson.

"I was shocked they said that. That they thought being homophobic was a good thing."

"They laughed and walked off, which made me feel horrible."

Nina said the response from fans differs "enormously" from the recognition she received from her role in Goodness Gracious Me.

"Some people take soaps very seriously and want to discuss the social issues you're portraying. I don't want to have a political discussion every time I go to the shops." At least they care!

Siobhan
27-09-2010, 11:57
BBC soaps such as EastEnders and Holby City are facing swingeing budget cuts as the National Audit Office examines the Corporation’s books.
Actors’ fees and outdoor filming could be slashed as BBC bosses look for big savings off the £200million drama budget.

surely with Babs gone they have saved half of that :lol:

alan45
27-09-2010, 12:29
surely with Babs gone they have saved half of that :lol:

That along with the imminent departure of Beetroot Man should save the BBC a fortune.

Perdita
27-09-2010, 18:03
Ofcom has today dismissed a complaint from a mother that EastEnders infringed her privacy by featuring footage of her giving birth.

In episodes of the BBC One soap opera broadcast on May 11 and 12 this year, the Ian Beale character showed his daughter Lucy a DVD featuring footage of one his "employees" giving birth in an attempt to scare her into having an abortion.

The BBC had sourced the footage from an educational film produced by the National Childbirth Trust of a woman, dubbed Ms K by the media regulator, during and after the birth of her son.

However, Ms K submitted a complaint to Ofcom that her and her son's privacy had been "unwarrantably infringed" by the two episodes.

She claimed that her consent had never been sought before the footage was aired, while EastEnders had "trampled" over the birth of her son and permanently ruined her memories of the occasion.

In response, the BBC said that the footage of Ms K giving birth was placed in the public domain by the NCT with her full consent.

The corporation also said that the DVD had been made freely available to "any mum-to-be in the UK" for three years prior to the episodes being broadcast.

Despite acknowledging that the footage of Ms K was of a "very intimate and personal nature", Ofcom decided to dismiss her complaint.

The media regulator noted that her expectations of privacy were "limited by her decision to permit the birth to be filmed by the NCT and disseminated to the public at large".

"Taking into account the fact that the material used in these programmes had been so widely disseminated during the previous three years, and the nature and extent of the material used in the broadcast, Ofcom does not consider that the privacy of either Ms K or her son was unwarrantably infringed in the programmes as broadcast," said the watchdog.

"Accordingly Ofcom has not upheld Ms K's complaint of unwarranted infringement of her privacy, and that of her son, in the broadcast of the programme."

sean slater
28-09-2010, 15:50
We didnt actually see the film?! Was just their reactions to it.

sean slater
28-09-2010, 15:53
ACTRESS Charlie Brooks reckons on-screen hubby Ryan Malloy (Neil McDermott, 29) has changed her conniving character's ways.

Charlie, 29, plays serial gold-digger Janine Butcher.

But BBC1 star Charlie said: "It's the first time she doesn't try to make money out of a man."

The Sun

Im sure she's going to take revenge eventually!

Perdita
29-09-2010, 07:08
ACTOR Ricky Norwood has confessed his Sugababes lover is not so sweet when it comes to his on-screen kissing scenes.

Ricky, who plays funnyman Fat Boy in the soap, is dating sexy singer Jade Ewen, 22.

But she punches him on the arm every time she sees him locking lips.

Ricky, 22, said: “She knows it’s only Fat Boy kissing another girl but that doesn’t matter, I still get a punch in the arm. I warned her ahead of my first screen kiss and she still punched me.

“So I decided not to say anything when Fat Boy snogged Denise.”

Sweet :)

Perdita
29-09-2010, 07:11
SCOTT Maslen has got his EastEnders bosses in a flap because he’s developing a healthy-looking tan.

The hunk, who plays Jack Branning in the soap, is being forced to have a spray tan every week in preparation for the ballroom talent show which kicks off on BBC1 on Friday.

But Scott, 39, admits this is causing headaches for his Walford bosses. Scriptwriters are struggling to explain why Jack, who has spent most of the year in a wheelchair after being shot, has got the tan.

Scott joked: “Peggy’s in France so he might visit her, or even go to Spain for a quick top-up!”

sean slater
29-09-2010, 09:54
We didnt know that Peggy was in France lol a soap spoiler there?!

Perdita
29-09-2010, 10:50
More likely a printing error, meaning Penny, his daughter:p

sean slater
30-09-2010, 12:42
oh yeah lol

alan45
06-10-2010, 04:31
The EastEnders favourite, played by Lacey Turner, is tracked down by old flame Ryan Malloy after she leaves Walford with her baby girl Lily.

The couple have a steamy clinch on the bonnet of his motor, but then Stacey has a change of heart and storms off again with Lily.

Ryan (Neil McDermott) screams after her to come back in the scenes to be aired later this year.

Actress Lacey, 22, announced in April she was quitting the soap.

So this really could be the Ender Stacey.

alan45
08-10-2010, 18:45
The thought of performing live tends to fill actors with nerves and worry.

With the possibility that anything can go wrong, most thespians prefer to hide behind the safety and security of filmed episodes - except Lacey Turner.

The EastEnders starlet, who recently picked up yet another best actress gong for her portrayal of troubled Stacey, says she gets such a buzz out of live acting that her favourite storyline was the live episode last February, when she was unveiled as Archie's killer.

"I loved doing the live episode - if it were up to me, every episode would be live, but I'm not sure the rest of the cast would agree with that," she told Inside Soap.

"It was the fastest 30 minutes of my life, and the atmosphere was unbelievable."

Lacey, who will be bowing out after playing Stacey for six years, has been taken aback by the public's reaction to her character.

"I'm so happy that people love Stacey. I think the viewers sympathise with Stacey because she's been through so many terrible things.They always have nice things to say. They feel sorry for her, so she quite literally gets away with murder!" added the 22-year-old.

sean slater
08-10-2010, 22:42
She'll be doing theatre next then lol.

Perdita
09-10-2010, 06:51
CHEEKY Barbara Windsor has told how sex with football star George Best was FABULOUS.

The EastEnders legend said about their romp back in the 1960s: "He was so beautiful."

But Babs, 73, revealed when she first met the Manchester United and Northern Ireland wizard in a bar, she told him: "Don't waste your time with me darling, you've got all these lovely ladies after you."

Bestie, though, replied: "When do I ever get to talk to somebody like you?"

She said: "That did it. That was it. A magic moment again. It was great, he was fabulous."

Babs opened up about her colourful love life during an interview on Piers Morgan's Life Stories, on ITV1 tonight.

She also revealed that sex with the late Bee Gee Maurice Gibb was "lovely" and told how she bedded East End murderer Reggie Kray and Carry On films co-star Sid James.

But asked how many men she had slept with, joker Babs - now married to third husband Scott Mitchell, 47 - replied: "No idea. Why? Have you counted them?"

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3172543/Barbara-Windsor-says-sex-with-George-Best-was-fabulous.html#ixzz11q16AZJT

Obviously missing it being in the headlines :rolleyes:

alan45
09-10-2010, 09:34
Of course as George Best has passed away we will never know if there is any truth in this or if it is a deluded fantasy. At the time George was dating a string of beautiful women including a Miss World so I find it unbelievable that he would want to shag Ms Windsor

Perdita
09-10-2010, 18:41
Lacey Turner has revealed that she loved taking part in the recent live episode of EastEnders.

The actress, who plays Stacey Branning in the BBC One soap, admitted that she would love every episode of the show to be live.

She told Inside Soap: "I loved doing the live episode - if it were up to me, every episode would be live, but I'm not sure the rest of the cast would agree with that.

"It was the fastest 30 minutes of my life, and the atmosphere was unbelievable."

Speaking of the public's reaction to her character, she added: "I'm so happy that people love Stacey. I think the viewers sympathise with Stacey because she's been through so many terrible things. They always have nice things to say. They feel sorry for her, so she quite literally gets away with murder!"

alan45
09-10-2010, 20:23
Already posted

Chloe O'brien
10-10-2010, 00:59
As you say Alan we will never know if Babs is telling the truth about her and George. But I have to agree with her. He was one beautiful man.

alan45
13-10-2010, 12:02
EastEnders actress Lacey Turner has revealed details of the latest drama for her character Stacey Branning, who lets slip one of her darkest secrets in next week's episodes.

Forthcoming scenes on the BBC soap will see Stacey spend a night in a police cell with Janine, Kat, Kim and Pat after they all become embroiled in a huge brawl at R&R.

As the women bond behind bars, there's a big twist in store when Stacey admits that she was raped by Archie Mitchell last year. After making the confession, the mum-of-one immediately regrets doing so - fearing that the group will soon realise she was Archie's killer.

Speaking to Inside Soap about the storyline, Turner explained: "Kim comes up with a game for them all to play to pass the time. Someone has to name a certain scenario, and if anyone has been in that particular situation, they have to stand up. It's quite funny, because Janine and Stacey discover that they have a lot in common - which they're not best pleased about!

"They're having a real slanging match during the game, and the conversation turns to the fact that Janine was engaged to Archie. Pat and Janine are laying into Stacey for having Ryan's baby. It all gets too much for her, so she ends up branding Archie as a rapist."

Speculating on what could happen now that Janine and the others are aware of Stacey's motive, Turner added: "She's quite stupidly given her biggest enemy a huge clue to her darkest secret. She's safe for now, I think, as Janine hasn't made the connection. But who knows how long that's going to last?"

Perdita
14-10-2010, 15:49
EastEnders star Lacey Turner has revealed that she has been glad to revisit the "bubbly" side of her character Stacey Branning in recent weeks.

Speaking to Inside Soap, the actress confessed that she has noticed a change in her alter ego's attitude since Kat Moon (Jessie Wallace) returned to the Square last month.

Turner explained: "I've missed the old Stacey. I've been so lucky with my storylines, but it can get a bit tedious if I have to cry every day.

"Having Kat back has injected a bit of life into Stacey, so it's nice to be playing a bubbly girl again."

Meanwhile, in a separate interview with the magazine, EastEnders' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood hinted that Stacey will share many more scenes with Kat before she bows out of the soap.

Kirkwood said: "Kat helps Stacey reclaim some of the spirit that she's lost over the years. We see a return to their appetite for mischief."

sean slater
14-10-2010, 16:17
Thats cool. Im glad that Stacey is going to leave on a high.

alan45
15-10-2010, 12:40
In her short time on this planet, Stacey Branning has been through more drama than most people experience in a lifetime.

In the last 12 months alone, she's battled bipolar disorder, bumped off evil Archie, suffered the loss of husband Bradley and given birth to baby Lily.

But change is on the horizon. With her feisty cousin Kat Moon (Jessie Wallace) back on the scene, we're going to see a bit of a return to the fun-loving Stacey of yesteryear.

Lacey told Inside Soap: "I've missed the old Stacey. I've been so lucky with my storylines, but it can get a bit tedious if I have to cry every day.

"Having Kat back has injected a bit of life into Stacey, so it's nice to be playing a bubbly girl again."

Executive producer Bryan Kirkwood added: "Kat helps Stacey to reclaim some of the spirit that she's lost over the years. We see a return to their appetite for mischief."

alan45
15-10-2010, 14:18
EastEnders couple Christian Clarke and Syed Masood are to return to the forefront of the show in a new storyline, executive producer Bryan Kirkwood has confirmed.

Christian and Syed - played by John Partridge and Marc Elliott - have experienced quieter times on Albert Square in recent months after finally getting together back in July.

While answering viewer questions on This Morning earlier today, Kirkwood was asked what the future holds for the pair following their period as less-prominent characters.

He replied: "Christian and Syed are really popular. Both Johnny and Marc are really good actors and a couple of real stars for the show.

"We've got a big storyline lined up. It was important for them to take a break after their big love triangle. But we kick-start that story in the next couple of months."