PDA

View Full Version : Knightley in violent charity ad

miccisy
02-04-2009, 13:39
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7978549.stm

Just watched this advert and wondered what everyone thinks really.

I think it is quite graphic but at the same time sends a powerful message and i hope they are allowed to show this as an advert not just in cinemas.

Women and men who are subject to domestic violence go through this everyday and hopefully they will speak out against their attacker.

Siobhan
02-04-2009, 13:48
That is very very powerful...

Abigail
02-04-2009, 14:59
That's really good. I doubt it will be shown on tv, even after the watershed, without being edited. It's just too violent and honest.

Perdita
02-04-2009, 17:11
Very powerful, I agree, I don't think it will be shown like this, certainly not before the watershed. I can hear the complainants on the phone already.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
02-04-2009, 17:53
The advert, made by Grey London, will be shown in cinemas before 15-rated movies from 2 April, and will also be shown on television after the watershed.

Abbie
02-04-2009, 21:49
wow that it powerful and even though it makes me feel uncomfortable Im glad its being shown

Chloe O'brien
02-04-2009, 22:53
It has to be powerful and uncomfortable to show that this is really happening to someone as we watch the advert. Well done to Keira and the guy who played her boyfriend for playing the roles so realistically.

Bad Wolf
02-04-2009, 23:36
it's brilliant, really well done, its not just about shock tactics, its haappening every day and it does need highlighting and if this serves its purpose then its worked

Abigail
27-04-2009, 16:40
A anti-domestic violence advert starring Keira Knightley has been banned from television after being deemed too shocking for audiences.

The Women's Aid commercial, which has already been aired on YouTube and in cinemas, shows the actress being accused of having an affair, before she is thrown to the ground and repeatedly kicked by her boyfriend.

However, Clearcast, the body that censors adverts for Ofcom, has ruled that the promo cannot be aired unless the violent scenes are removed.

Speaking to The Daily Telegraph, Lucy Brown from Women's Aid claimed that the two-minute film was justified because it reflected the real threat of domestic violence in society.

"We were very careful to reflect what we had heard from anecdotal evidence. We have put this forward to Clearcast, with statistics from the Home Office, and other material," she said.

Chris Hirst of Grey London Advertising Agency, who created the promo, added: "Part of the campaign is to raise awareness about domestic violence, and spark debate, which the advert has done, even if it doesn't make it on television."

The commercial, which was helmed by Atonement director Joe Wright, was slated to air later this month.

Siobhan
27-04-2009, 16:46
deemed too violent!! They should talk to some women who live with this everyday and ask them if it is too violent...

Chloe O'brien
29-04-2009, 00:07
Domestic violence is violent. Someone has to be a voice for the victims and by banning the advert is just sweeping under the carpet and pretending it doesn't exsist.

Abbie
29-04-2009, 18:58
I think its should stay on telly

The sad thing is I think these days we need to be shocked and see things like that to take notice