PDA

View Full Version : Colin Grimshaw

tammyy2j
30-03-2009, 12:13
CORRIE is rocked to the core when a popular old resident owns up to his under-age sex secret.

Rita’s new fancy man, Colin Grimshaw, is exposed as the secret dad of knicker-stitcher Julie Carp.

The shocking revelations will be screened in May when Colin – played by Edward De Souza, 77 – confesses to a gob-smacked Rovers Return that 20 years earlier he took advantage of 14-year-old schoolgirl Paula Carp and got her pregnant.

So Julie (Katy Cavanagh, 35) is his secret daughter.

Tearfully he confesses: “Yes it’s true. I seduced Paula when she was just a schoolgirl. And because she was so young people must be calling me all sorts.

“I suppose people will say I’m a kiddie-fiddler and a paedophile. And I suppose it’s true.

“But I was so flattered by this young girl’s attention that I never thought about it like that.

“I know I should have stopped it before it began, but I couldn’t help myself. I split up two families and caused everyone such terrible pain”

Colin’s daughter Eileen (Sue Cleaver, 42) who was Paula’s best friend at the time, is disgusted.

She remembers Paula suddenly moving away from Weatherfield with her parents.

But she never knew where she had gone, or why.

Eileen tells her pals: “He was nothing more than a middle-aged pervert back then. And now he is just a sick old man.”

Also sickened is his girlfriend Rita (Barbara Knox, 75) who had been seduced by his charms and was close to letting him move in with her.

A Street insider said: “The repercussions of this will destroy families - and friendships"

miccisy
30-03-2009, 14:59
Ok so if he took advantage of her 20 years ago that would mean Julie is only 19/20. Come on it must have been 35 years ago or summat like that.

Chloe O'brien
30-03-2009, 22:54
I would have thought that Julie was supposed to be in her late 20's How many years has Kirk been in Corrie as he was a school mate of Tyrone's originally, they would have been around 16 or 17 when he first appeared on the show.

lizann
31-03-2009, 15:14
WTF ??? What age is Julie suppose to be - she looks fairly old

LostVoodoo
01-04-2009, 15:54
i've never quite been able to place Julie's age. she doesn't look that old physcally, but they do dress her a bit 'mumsy'.

Perdita
01-04-2009, 17:22
The actress is 35 years old and I think she looks in her mid-thirties.
Kirk is bit younger by around 10 years.

Perdita
09-04-2009, 09:36
Looks like Colin is going to die soon.

http://www.rexfeatures.com/set/901718