PDA

View Full Version : Corrie on camping

Perdita
26-03-2009, 06:02
CORONATION Street star Antony Cotton has signed a new contract keeping him in the soap as camp Sean Tully until July next year.
Bosses have lined up a new storyline which will see Sean fall in love with a man he meets at the Mr Gay Weatherfield contest.

An insider said: “Antony loves playing Sean. He helped create the character and he’s thrilled with his new storyline.

“It’s been a quiet time for Sean lately but there’s hope and heartbreak just round the corner.”

However bosses have axed Philip McGinley, 27, who plays Tom Kerrigan in the ITV show. He shot his final scenes last week and leaves our screens in May.

Philip said: “Ta to everyone who’s said they’re sad I’m leaving Corrie, but it’s always good to do something new. I’m trying to learn a bit of Shakespeare — it’s a bit different to the stuff I’ve been saying in Weatherfield.”

His exit storyline sees ruthless businessman Tony Gordon (Gray O’Brien) buy his 25 per cent share in Lad Rags.

A Corrie insider said: “Philip is a great actor but his character had come to the end of the road.

“The rest of the cast were sad to see him go but the door has been left open for him to return should another storyline turn up.”

I know that not a lot of people seem to like Sean, but I do and I would also like to see Tom (Philip) come back one day. Wish they had given him more storylines with Lad Rags and do competition with Tony Gordon rather than him being bought out. :(

From The Sun

Lysette
26-03-2009, 12:26
haha i love anthony cotton (:
he's so funny!, he's great as acting as sean, don't want him too leave lol!
got alot to come though!!
he did make me giggle on soapstar superstar lol XD