PDA

View Full Version : Overweight? who is to blame?

Siobhan
24-03-2009, 13:47
Interesting piece in the paper about that girl on the X factor:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1164232/They-weigh-80-stone-claim-thousands-benefits--work-Who-blame-Anyone-themselves.html

Something doesn't add up here!!

Trinity
24-03-2009, 14:06
It is all about input and output.

It seriously sounds as though these 4 people spend a lot of time not moving at all infront of the TV.

And I do not believe that they life of apples , salad and diet microwave meals!

StarsOfCCTV
24-03-2009, 17:58
Excuses...They need to get off their bums and do some exercise! :rolleyes:

Abbie
24-03-2009, 21:13
Thats is odd if they dont eat much

I mean they do need to exercise, but I think in the general case of being overweight people have themselves to blame, we are not puppets we are in charge of ourselves other people can only do so much and give guidnace like they do but its down to ourselves to do things for us

Perdita
25-03-2009, 05:50
Every healthy diet consists of regular meals, skipping breakfast and/or lunch and then eating a micro-wave dinner is unlikely to lead to weight loss. Small, regular, low fat meals and more exercise would do them good, I am sure. They obviously do not watch those kind of programmes on their telly :rolleyes:

di marco
25-03-2009, 18:20
i think the government should stop giving them their benefits! just cos theyre fat doesnt mean they cant work! what about office jobs, shops etc. theyre just too lazy to get off their bums and go and look for a job

Perdita
25-03-2009, 18:23
And her trying to become the next X Factor winner to support her family would never happen, but due to her not being able to sing rather than her size. She was an awful performer.

Abbie
25-03-2009, 20:40
I bet she auditioned again this year

Chloe O'brien
26-03-2009, 12:00
Course they just woke up one morning and they were obese. BULL*******. Whos to blame the parents it may be true that they only eat salad now but I bet for many years they have stuff their faces on take-aways most nights and now they are looking for someone else to blame and that story about crisps and sweets just being in the house for kids yeah right. Look a flying pink pig!!!

They need to get off their fat butts and exercise. There is a young lad aged 8 that goes to Marley's judo he is obese he weighs 4 stone more than Marley does she weighs 6 stone.

Lysette
26-03-2009, 12:16
i think its the parents fault that the children are overwieght.
and if their blaming the GP its rubbish.
someone people need to wake up and deal with their actions!
just my views though (:

di marco
26-03-2009, 19:14
and that story about crisps and sweets just being in the house for kids yeah right. Look a flying pink pig!!!

lol i agree. and if they keep feeding the kids that stuff anyway then theyre going to get obese too! :rolleyes:

Pinkbanana
26-03-2009, 22:12
I think people, esp young people (talking as a teacher here) need to start taking responsibility for themselves.... rather than blame others - sadly with the development of the 'blame culture' in this country, people tend to look for excuses rather than look at themselves...

It is quite shocking looking at the photo of the family, just how obese they all are - esp the girls. Cant they see what harm they are doing to themselves, healthwise?

Jessie Wallace
27-03-2009, 16:27
Being there size is NO excuse not to work stop being soo lazy and get off your Ar** and do some work. And being a FAT person myself, working 40 hours plus a week, it is possible.
Stop blaming everyone else, i'm fat and it's my own fault, i eat too much crap, they are clearly the same. Get over it :mad:

.:SpIcYsPy:.
27-03-2009, 17:44
If I lose myself a bit I could easily be overweight.. I do know that it's my own fault because I do not excercise that well as much anymore and I snack wayy to much and stopped eating healthy lately..
Reminds me, I got to stop all of this again! :)

Chloe O'brien
28-03-2009, 22:51
Being there size is NO excuse not to work stop being soo lazy and get off your Ar** and do some work. And being a FAT person myself, working 40 hours plus a week, it is possible.
Stop blaming everyone else, i'm fat and it's my own fault, i eat too much crap, they are clearly the same. Get over it :mad:

Two years ago I nearly lost my niece to a rare genetic disease that lived in her body for 24 years, which no-one knew she had.Which many of you on here will know. Cherie was a big girl who battled with her weight but because of the drugs and steriods she was on for 9 months her weight went up even more she's a size 16-18 and went to scottish slimmers for a while but had to give it up due to the cost. She like you Jess is a carer in a nursing home and works 40+ hours a week and never moans or blames anyone she just tries to loose a couple of pounds a week.

Perdita
09-04-2009, 06:26
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1168511/Obese-X-Factor-girl-claimed-job-weight-turns-offer--live-radio.html

So Emma could have got a job, regardless of her size, but decided to turn it down. Hope they are stopping her benefits now.

di marco
12-04-2009, 21:19
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1168511/Obese-X-Factor-girl-claimed-job-weight-turns-offer--live-radio.html

So Emma could have got a job, regardless of her size, but decided to turn it down. Hope they are stopping her benefits now.

i know that might not be the job she wants to do, but it means she cant blame not having a job on her weight