PDA

View Full Version : Corden: 'Hollyoaks was like hell on earth'

Perdita
24-03-2009, 04:08
Gavin & Stacey star James Corden has described the time he spent in Hollyoaks as "hell on earth".

The actor, who had a small role as a college caretaker eight years ago, told the Liverpool Echo that he had hated his experience in the Channel 4 soap, insisting that it was a "horrible place to work".

"It was hell on earth. I am sure it has changed a lot now...No-one cared about making TV, they just cared about other things. It wasn’t how I particularly liked to work," he said.

The 30-year-old BAFTA winner added: "There is not a huge amount of care or love that went into the making of that show. It is a bit like a prison.

"I am sure if I ever go to prison I am in for a shock if I imagine it is like that, it wasn’t that bad. There is a real lack of aspiration to making something as good as you can."

Last year, Corden admitted that he would "rather die" than return to the programme, saying: "It just breeds p**cks - all these people walking around with this chicken-in-a-basket fame, talking about going to L.A."

LostVoodoo
24-03-2009, 05:04
this quote has been used before. Bitter Lemon for Mr Corden?

Debs
24-03-2009, 14:15
he is everywhereat the mo, everytime i watch something, read something he pops up! grrrr he really is bugging me

Luna
24-03-2009, 17:10
love him love him love him and personally i couldnt agree more with the breeding comment

DaVeyWaVey
24-03-2009, 18:05
I can't stand James Corden.

Chris_2k11
24-03-2009, 20:54
I can't stand James Corden.Ditto, he's such a **** and ruined the brits for me. Hes the worst character in Gavin and Stacey by a mile.

Abbie
24-03-2009, 21:08
Havent quite a few people said hollyoaks is a crap place to work now??

di marco
28-03-2009, 15:51
I can't stand James Corden.

i cant stand him either, he really annoys me

di marco
28-03-2009, 15:52
Havent quite a few people said hollyoaks is a crap place to work now??

who else has? james corden has said it on more than one occassion! but i cant remember anyone else saying it, they might have done though

Rawnie
29-03-2009, 13:09
I love James more than Hollyoaks.. That's not the point. He's entitled to his opinion, and if what he's said was true I entirely agree. It doesn't sound like a nice place to work, but as he said - I'm sure it's changed alot now.