PDA

View Full Version : Primeval Spoiler 4th April 09

Perdita
23-03-2009, 18:17
Saturday, 4 April 2009, 7:45PM - 8:45PM

Main Location: Abandoned House

Three teenage boys break into the local haunted house daring one another to go further and further into the abandoned building. But the innocent games soon take a sinister turn when the house comes alive and a terrifying creature attacks them. In the aftermath of the deadly attack, the only survivor is arrested for murder but is never convicted.

Years later, the hapless young man is freed from jail, but is still too tormented to confront what really happened.

Meanwhile Cutter’s (Douglas Henshall) research leads him to predict that the next anomaly will open in this same ‘haunted house’. Jenny (Lucy Brown), Connor (Andrew-Lee Potts) and Abby (Hannah Spearritt) are sent to investigate and uncover the mystery surrounding the house.

They track down the survivor and discover that the house is actually home to a terrifying Camouflage creature from the future, a beast that can change shape and form to disguise itself until it is practically invisible. The team also find themselves in trouble with the law when suspicious detective Danny Quinn (Jason Flemyng) takes an instant dislike to them and their interest in the house, culminating in Connor’s arrest. But just what is Quinn’s own interest in the house? His almost constant presence there underlines that it is certainly far more than a professional one.

A deadly game of cat and mouse plays out within the house and the surrounding suburb as the team tries to capture the creature – not easy when they can barely see it. With Connor behind bars, and both Quinn and the creature on their tails, Abby, Jenny and Cutter must draw on all their expertise to discover the truth.

Jason Flemyng joins the Primeval cast as detective Danny Quinn in episode two. Talking of his character Jason says: "He’s a strong personality who kind of rubs everyone up the wrong way initially. He has no scientific knowledge or background and is very much an “act first, ask questions later” when the building is burning type of guy. But he soon proves himself, saves the day and earns the affection of the team.

It's Jason's first prime time television role for ten years so why, when he has made a name for himself in Hollywood blockbusters such as Stardust and more recently The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, make the return to television? Jason explains: "I have never been asked to do a prime time Saturday night show so I was quite excited when this came up.

"I also don’t think there is such a big stigma as there used to be. There used to be three big definitions, there was movie, TV and theatre and never the three shall meet. Those lines are far more blurred now as you’ve got the likes of Glenn Close in Damages and Kiefer Sutherland in 24."

Abbie
23-03-2009, 18:19
I want to know if anything will ever happen between connor and Abby :wub: