PDA

View Full Version : McGinley finishes filming with Corrie

Perdita
23-03-2009, 17:07
Coronation Street actor Philip McGinley has finished filming with the soap, DS can confirm.

The 27-year-old, who has played Connor's cousin Tom Kerrigan since February 2008, shot his final scenes with the Manchester-based show last week, before attending his leaving party on Friday.

It is understood that producers decided to write Tom out of the serial drama as the character had 'come to the end of his line' and 'run his course'.

McGinley hinted that he may return to theatre, writing on his Twitter page in the early hours of this morning: "Trying to learn a bit of Shakespeare, it's a bit different to the stuff I've been saying in Weatherfield. Brain creaking slightly."

His exit storyline wraps up the plot surrounding Lad Rags, in which Tom owns a 25% share. The company will apparently be sold off to Tony (Gray O'Brien), leaving Tom with nothing to stay in Weatherfield for.

Since his first appearance, ladies' man Tom has flirted with Carla (Alison King) and Maria (Samia Smith), served as a catalyst for Marcus Dent's (Charlie Condou) departure, walked Ozzy the dog several times and witnessed his cousin Liam's (Rob James-Collier) death, which he blamed himself for.

:crying: I like him :(

lizann
23-03-2009, 17:38
Its a shame i liked him :thumbsdow

LostVoodoo
24-03-2009, 05:01
i reckon Tony kills him. or Carla. don't know why, just got a feeling...

Perdita
24-03-2009, 05:23
Nah, he will be head-hunted by the supplier in New York :D

tammyy2j
24-03-2009, 11:18
Its a shame he is leaving at some stage i thought he would get with Maria

lsfm_uk
25-03-2009, 16:09
I agree I had always thought after Liam died that something was going to happen between him and Maria. Its a shame, I think they could have done a lot more with his character

Abbie
25-03-2009, 20:46
Its a shame he is leaving at some stage i thought he would get with Maria

I thought that too

Plus if hes leaving, there wasnt much point to his character then