PDA

View Full Version : Corrie: Graeme Set To Be The New Fred elliott

Perdita
18-03-2009, 17:48
LOVABLE ex-con Graeme Proctor is set to pull on Street legend Fred Elliott’s butcher’s apron.

He will show there is life after the nick when he becomes a “mini Fred” and decides that butchery is “his calling”.

And Fred’s son Ashley (Steven Arnold, 34) will help Graeme, above, get an NVQ in the trade.

Millions of viewers saw Fred (John Savident, 71) die of a heart attack as he was about to marry Bev Unwin in 2006.

Corrie bosses want to recapture Fred’s humour and reckon Graeme (Craig Gazey, 26) is the perfect man for the job.

A show insider said: “Craig’s emerged as a very funny young talent and we want to harness that and bring some comedy back to the Street.

“Fred was such a huge character and obviously he can never be replaced, but we have been looking for that kind of chemistry for a while, and now we’ve found it.

“It’s testament to how good Craig is.”

Viewers have already seen Graeme unknowingly mimic Fred in scenes screened last month.

While helping Fred’s son he used his trademark catchphrase declaring: “I, say Ashley, I say.”

Next month he tells Ashley: “I’ve decided that butchery is my calling and I want you to be my Obi-Wan Kenobi and help me get an NVQ in it.”

Daily Star