PDA

View Full Version : Dear Deirdre... I'm in love with Martha

Perdita
17-03-2009, 06:06
CORRIE love cheat Ken Barlow is to write a Dear Deirdre letter to end his romantic problems.

But he’s not asking The Sun’s agony aunt for advice — he’s ending his marriage to his Deirdre by confessing to an affair in a note.

Ken has been cheating with Martha Fraser, played by former Dynasty sexpot Stephanie Beacham, during frequent visits to her canal barge home.

Now’s he’s fallen for her — and decides to leave Deirdre. A source said: “This is their second marriage and they’ve both cheated in the past. But she is happy now and has no idea he’s cheating. She will be devastated if she opens the letter.”

But Ken, played by William Roache, had better hurry up. His mother-in-law Blanche Hunt (Maggie Jones) is suspicious of him always walking her dog Eccles — a ruse to keep seeing Martha.

Bill, 76, was snapped laughing with Stephanie, 62, on set — having returned to work following wife Sara’s death last month.

Naughty Ken :angry: But as Stephanie Beacham's contract is coming to an end, surely their relationship will fizzle out, hopefully before Deirdre sees the letter

LostVoodoo
17-03-2009, 16:49
i'd quite like Ken to run/sail off with Martha! they seem so well suited (although i guess that is the point of the storyline)

parkerman
17-03-2009, 19:31
I'd quite like Ken to go off with Martha too. It's the first time Ken has ever been with someone he can really talk to who has similar interests and doesn't think he's mad when he quotes Shakespeare or discusses Tennessee Williams or wants to see a Japanese art film.

I think, after nearly 50 years of Coronation Street, Ken deserves someone he can really relax with who enjoys the things he does and would like to go to the places he would like to go to. I've nothing against Deirdre but I think Ken just needs someone like Martha...

Perdita
17-03-2009, 19:46
But that would show again that couples in soaps just don't stay together at the slightest bit of a problem. Why can't Ken talk to Deirdre about how he feels, I am sure Deirdre could make an effort and see a play with him. You never know, she might enjoy it and they discover something they can share. But falling for somebody else and going off with is seems so much easier. :(

Abbie
17-03-2009, 20:26
OMG! thats mad

Chris_2k11
17-03-2009, 23:16
I really like Stephanie Beacham in this, I hope shes not leaving just yet.

Chloe O'brien
18-03-2009, 21:26
I hope it will fizzle out and Deirdre doesn't find out as she would be devasted I see no point in bringing Ken and Deirdre back together if they want to seperate them again, why can't they leave one happy couple in the street. Maybe they could have Blanche discover his secret and she banishes Martha then she can whack Ken with her walking stick.