PDA

View Full Version : Waterloo Road Series 5

Perdita
16-03-2009, 17:38
The BBC has announced that Waterloo Road will return for a fifth series.

The drama, which tackles issues affecting young people, is expected to introduce a host of new teachers and pupils for the new series.

"Waterloo Road consistently delivers an entertaining mix of bold characters, powerful issues and compelling stories to a mainstream audience and plays a vital role delivering younger, more diverse audiences to the BBC," said BBC One controller Jay Hunt. "I look forward to it returning for a fifth series later this year."

The new series will see Waterloo Road merge with a local school, causing problems in both the playground and the staffroom.

Series five of the drama will see Eva Pope, Angela Griffin, and Denise Welch reprise their roles.

:cheer: :cheer:

Chris_2k11
16-03-2009, 18:21
Even more reason for a forum :p

Perdita
09-05-2009, 06:04
STRICTLY Come Dancing victor Tom Chambers is heading for school drama Waterloo Road — after failing to win over Hollywood bigwigs.

The ex-Holby City star, 31, joins series five of the BBC1 show as Max Tyler.

After Strictly he grandly announced: “I have a Hollywood manager, and plans for my own film.”

Yesterday a source said: “Tom is disappointed to find himself on another telly drama. He was convinced he was about to hit the big time, that he was leading man material.”

Katy
09-05-2009, 12:21
yay, thats great news, Denise mentioned this on Loose Women, i got all excited.

Tigerpip
09-05-2009, 12:47
STRICTLY Come Dancing victor Tom Chambers is heading for school drama Waterloo Road — after failing to win over Hollywood bigwigs.

The ex-Holby City star, 31, joins series five of the BBC1 show as Max Tyler.

After Strictly he grandly announced: “I have a Hollywood manager, and plans for my own film.”

Yesterday a source said: “Tom is disappointed to find himself on another telly drama. He was convinced he was about to hit the big time, that he was leading man material.”

Sounds good to me... and without sounding tooooo cynical - to make it big in the States - you have to have a really big persona (not to mention a cluey and pushy PR team) - and talent by the shed-load -(not that I am saying he hasn't got it) but, here's the rub -- so many of our British actors (and some Aussies too) think they will make it - but sadly fail, or never take off... and have to return to our shores and suck it up and join a soap...:o

However, on that score - it's USA's loss, and our gain I say!
*T* :love: