PDA

View Full Version : 'EastEnders' wins TRIC soap prize

Perdita
11-03-2009, 07:48
EastEnders has been named soap of the year at the Television and Radio Industries Club (TRIC) Awards.

The Walford-based serial received the accolade at the industry-voted awards ceremony, which was held at London’s Grosvenor House Hotel yesterday.

Coronation Street's Katherine Kelly also picked up an award at the event, winning the TV soap personality gong for her role as Becky Granger on the ITV1 show.

In an impressive showing for the BBC, Strictly Come Dancing won the TV reality programme award, Antiques Roadshow triumphed in the TV arts/documentary programme category and Gavin & Stacey was named best satellite/digital programme.

In addition, Gary Lineker was recognised as best Sports presenter, Carol Kirkwood picked up the TV weather presenter prize, New Tricks won in the TV crime programme category and Lark Rise To Candleford was named best TV drama programme.

Completing the BBC's victories, Top Gear and Have I Got News For You triumphed in the TV entertainment programme and TRIC special award categories respectively.

Elsewhere, ITV1's Loose Women was announced as best TV daytime programme and Sir Trevor McDonald was named best newscaster/reporter.

Meanwhile, Sky News anchor Eamonn Holmes won the satellite/digital TV personality award and Channel 4's Sunday Night Project star Alan Carr was recognised as the best TV personality.

Finally, the ceremony's radio categories saw Johnny Vaughan as the big winner. The broadcaster was named best digital radio personality, while his Capital Breakfast Show with Johnny Vaughan and Lisa Snowdon won the radio/digital radio programme award.

Abigail
11-03-2009, 11:46
Well done Sir Trevor. He was considered a legend when I was at school a couple of years ago by the people in my class :cheer: