PDA

View Full Version : Tina Turner

Perdita
10-03-2009, 20:23
Tina Turner has been forced to postpone live shows in London and Sheffield due to ill health.

Doctors have advised Turner to take six days rest because she is suffering from respiratory flu.

The 69-year-old popstar kicked off the UK leg of her world tour at the O2 last week. The concerts were the singer's first in the country since 2000.

Tomorrow and Thursday's shows will both be rescheduled for May, according to the BBC. Refunds are available for fans who cannot make the new dates.

In a statement, Turner's spokesperson said: "Tina always wants to give 100% and has been overwhelmed by the reaction from her UK fans at the gigs last week.

"She regrets this decision to postpone and the inconvenience to all those fans with tickets, but wants to make sure each concert she does is memorable for everyone."

Turner's latest shows, which celebrate her 50 years in the business, have been highly praised by critics.

I hope she recovers quickly, what a lady, still rocking at her age :cheer:

Chloe O'brien
10-03-2009, 20:53
Lee in work went to see her on Saturday night at the O2 said she was brilliant.

Bryan
10-03-2009, 21:05
i'd love to see her, she's a legend and one of my all time favourite artists, but the price of tickets - i could never afford it!

sindydoll
13-03-2009, 10:04
one of my friends is going to see her in manchester

Bryan
03-04-2009, 19:25
OMG I got the last 2 tickets in the country to see her!!!!

I thought all the £50 tickets had sold out but i got the last 2 on ticketfactory, never thinked to look there before!

going with my dad, my mom is paying for his as his bday present so i only have to pay 50 quid yay.

omg i'm so so so excited, she's my favourite at the moment lol!!!!!

bring on tuesday!!!!!! :D

Chloe O'brien
03-04-2009, 21:56
I hope the tempature doesn't get too hot for her bryan, we don't want her hip replacement melting with the heat. :lol: Only joking enjoy the show.

Perdita
04-04-2009, 07:30
Have a great time, Bryan, I am sooo jealous. :)

Bryan
04-04-2009, 10:27
i would say i'd take some vids on my phone but i think my seats are far away from the stage so there wont be much point!!!

Bryan
04-04-2009, 11:50
Lee in work went to see her on Saturday night at the O2 said she was brilliant.

any idea who supported her up there Kath? I want to find out who may be supporting her on Tuesday, but can't see any info anywhere!!!

Chloe O'brien
04-04-2009, 22:57
Bryan he didn't say and he is on holiday for the easter break until the 20th I will ask one of the assessors Robert he's buddies with Lee.

sindydoll
05-04-2009, 16:13
my mate went to see her last night at manchester he said she was brilliant

Bryan
05-04-2009, 16:25

i've heard good reviews! so excited about seeing her tuesday!

did your friend say who supported her sindydoll?

sindydoll
06-04-2009, 22:18

i've heard good reviews! so excited about seeing her tuesday!

did your friend say who supported her sindydoll?
he said she had no suport act

Bryan
08-04-2009, 09:05
amazing show! truely out of this world, such a brilliant performance, she's 69 but she moves and sings like she was sixteen! If i have half the amount on energy she has when im that age I will be a happy man!

She really is an outstanding performer, her voice is as strong as ever and she blasted out all her big hits to perfection. She really gave a good show, the dacners, the band, the pyrotechnics and big screen CGI was really top notch.

The best concert I've been too by far, and it will take a lot in future to beat it!

Love you Tina! Woop! :D :cheer:

Perdita
08-04-2009, 10:15
Glad you liked it, Bryan. Did she have a support act?

Bryan
08-04-2009, 19:15
Glad you liked it, Bryan. Did she have a support act?

nope just her on her own, she performed in two parts, she had to have a half hour break between the parts though, but at her age it's only understandable

Bryan
08-04-2009, 19:31
here are some vids from her gig last night, not mine, just ones off you tube:

as you can hear, her voice is still on top form. absoutley outstanding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uQjiv1Y5T0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAlLBW3h93k

sindydoll
08-04-2009, 20:54
when i went to see kylie she had no suport and i found it much better

Chloe O'brien
08-04-2009, 22:43
Glad you had a fab time Bryan you can't beat the old rockers when it comes to live performances. When we went to see Coldplay they had two supprot acts one band on and a guy mixing music with his computer, he was alright but the crowd just wanted coldplay on and everyone was stamping their feet wishing he would get off.