PDA

View Full Version : The ponytail's got to Quo

Perdita
10-03-2009, 08:12
STATUS QUO legend FRANCIS ROSSI has stunned the world of rock — by having his trademark ponytail lopped off.

The guitarist, who has had the same style for 35 years, got his long locks snipped after his hair became too thin.

The Rockin’ All Over The World star, 59, first grew his ponytail in the mid-70s — just as the Quo were becoming world famous.

Francis, who leads the band with shaggy-haired RICK PARFITT, said: “It looked fabulous — I felt like a fashion icon!

“But in the past few years my hair has got so thin that there’s not enough to work into a decent ponytail.”

He went on: “A few weeks ago it dawned on me that I looked ridiculous. So I decided to forget about clinging to my youth and it was time to grow old gracefully.

“When it came off I was horrified to look at these six inches of wizened grey strands. I realised I must have looked really stupid.”

Quo fan Rebecca Healy, 30 — who has seen the band more than 50 times — said: “It’s a bit of a shock, but it was inevitable. He’ll still have the same aura on stage, ponytail or not.”

Dad-of-eight Francis said the new look, trimmed in his South London home, is a hit with wife Eileen.

But he added: “Samson lost all his strength when his hair was chopped off — I hope this doesn’t mean I’ve lost the ability to play my one chord!”

:lol: